Chapter Ten

Day By Day {MYNAME}

INSOO

We walked through the little mart, I pushed the cart while Jiyeon started to fill it with things like snacks foods and some other things she needed for her apartment.

"Which ones?" she asked casually, holding up two different packets; Onion Rings and Lays.

"Which ever you like," I shrugged. She thought about it for a minute, nodded, and put them both in the cart.

"Is there anything else you want?"

"No," I shook my head.

With that we left the mart with three bags of snacks and four bottles of Soju.

To be honest, I wasn't exactly thrilled that we were going back to her apartment. Which is stupid. This is my first time going there and we're going to be drinking which is bound to lead to something else. I should be ecstatic right? What guy wouldn't be? But I wasn't, I was kind of disappointed. I'd wanted tonight to be about getting to know each other, to be more than just two people who drink and had . I've got to be the only male in existence to want to talk instead of sleeping together.

"So what kind of drinking games did you have in mind?" I asked putting the bags in the backseat before opening her door.

"Well," she said when I got into the drivers seat.

"I thought we could play 'I Never' that way we can get to know each other without being all serious about it,"

JIYEON

"What's wrong with serious?" he raised an eyebrow as he pulled out of the parking space.

There was nothing wrong with serious, except that it generally meant that you were in fact; getting serious. Serious meant talking and sharing feelings and your past and that was just something I didn't do. I wasn't comfortable with it, I would much prefer to just sleep together, what guy doesn't want that? Of course I couldn't tell him that so instead I said;

"Nothing, we should just make getting to know each other fun instead of making it a task,"

"Okay," he kept his eyes on the road.

INSOO

"Can you put that on the coffee table?" She handed me a bowl of chips and shot glasses she'd pulled from the cupboard above the sink.

Her apartment was really nice; modern with an open floor plan. So open that the only enclosed rooms were the bathroom and wardrobe, you could even see the bed from the lounge, well you could see everything from the lounge. Funny enough there was no black. I'd expected a lot of dark colors but that wasn't the case at all. It was very light; cream walls, similar colored carpet - except for the kitchen which had wooden floors. The decor color pallet was light greys, whites, and creamy yellows, all the furniture was a light wood except for the lounge which was a white fabric filled with colored cushions. It was very welcoming, not a lot of clutter just little trinkets and photo frames filled with images of her with either Gunwoo or Eunji, some with both and some just them. There were also a few house plants which I had definitely not expected.

"Sure," I took them and added them to the growing collection of assorted food placed on the lounge room coffee table, there was everything from the snacks we'd brought earlier to the side dishes she'd pulled from the fridge, apparently she cooks when she's bored. Her fridge was full of containers so I guess she gets bored a lot being here on her own.

We sat next to each other on the floor leaning against the lounge, the coffee table in front of us. She'd connected her phone to a Bluetooth speaker somewhere in the room so there was background noise. Was she trying to seduce me? 

We played rock-paper-scissors to decide who went first; she won.

"I never... made out with someone of the same ," she smirked then took a shot; she was definitely trying to seduce me. The smirk disappeared when I also took a shot.

"What? Who?" she stared at me wide-eyed.

"That's not how the game works,"

"Tell me," her smirk re-appeared.

"I'll have to be extremely drunk to tell you that," I laughed, I hadn't meant it to be a challenge but I think she may have taken it that way.

"I never... stole something"

"Does someones boyfriend count?" she smirked raising an eyebrow.

"Yes," I laughed and we both took a shot.

"I never... had a ," she was the only one that took a shot this time.

"You've never had a ?" she looked surprised.

"Almost but no," I shook my head,

"Wow,"

"I never... broke a bone,"

"That's so PG," she frowned but took a shot anyway, so did I.

"I never... got caught doing it in a public place," we both drunk.

***

"I like you, like a lot," she let out a long breath leaning her head on my shoulder. A smile found it's way to my face.

"I like you too,"

"No, I don't mean like a friend, I mean like more than a friend,"

"I know what you mean,"

"And you like me back?" she tilted her head so she could see me face.

"Yes, I like you back," I nodded. She was red faced, I'm not sure if it was from blushing or the alcohol but I'll take what I can get.

"I never... got arrested," she perked up, sitting up again leaving my shoulder feeling cold.I took a shot.

"What for?" she asked.

"Seyong, he got into a fight. I helped and got caught," I shrugged.

"Why are you friends with him?" she asked leaning against me again just without her head leaning on my shoulder.

"When we were little, my dad left. Just walked out one day and didn't com home, he stripped the money from the bank account, I mean our mother had a savings account with quite a bit in it but he didn't know about that so it's not like he left knowing we'd be fine. But Seyong, who I'd only recently become friends with, was really there for me and we've been close ever since," I shrugged.

"I never... hated a parent," I said taking a shot.

JIYEON

We both took a shot, he looked down. I guess it was still a sore subject, his father I mean. The mood of the room was just kind of depressing now.

"I never... made out with a friend," we both drank. I was starting to get really tired, I was glad he was sitting next to me, if it wasn't leaning on him I might have fallen by now.

"I never... lied to someone I cared about," he said, we both drank.

"Who'd you lie to?" I asked.

"My sister, I told her our dad was coming back, how about you?"

"I lied to Eunji about our mother,"

"Oh?" he wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

I don't know if it was because of the alcohol or the fact he'd just shared his past; either way my mouth started moving before I had the chance to stop it.

"I didn't so much lie, I just didn't tell her the truth,"

"About what?" he frowned, I could have just avoided spilling everything but apparently my mouth felt like talking and my brain was too intoxicated to do anything about it.

"Our parents fought a lot when we were younger, it's one of the reasons Eunji has a fear of conflict. Anyway, they fought a lot and we weren't sure why, at least not then. Eunji still doesn't know. But it turns out that our mother wasn't that great a person. Our parents met in high school; high school sweethearts or so everyone thought. Really it was more that our father was hopelessly in love with her and she was in love with the fact that he was going to inherit a lot of money, so before he did, she used his feelings for her and latched onto him.

They were engaged, for a long time, she'd never planned on marrying him and she definitely hadn't planned on falling pregnant, especially not with twins. But she did and was too far along to do anything about it except to have us, her parenting skills where something to be questioned. Sure she was fine when our father was around, quite the actress, but the second he wasn't there she no longer pretended to care. 

We were left to do everything for ourselves, like cook. We were only six at this point, but she wasn't going to do it. On one occasion Eunji was making Ramyun for herself and picked up the bowl from the counter, just take a second to consider the height difference between a six year old Eunji and a full size counter, so the bowl tipped and she spilt it down the front of herself. She has a scar now that she's extremely self-conscious of. That's why I learnt to cook. 

So our mother the two faced, gold digging, lair, instead of telling our father what really happened, and admitting what she did, she made up some story about Eunji being too impatient to wait until she was served her lunch. But that was just the tip of the iceberg for our darling mother. On our seventh birthday, I caught her cheating on our father with the party planner, I guess it wasn't the first time she'd cheated on him.

I learnt that day that not only was she a cheating gold digger, but she had also never wanted us and tried to convince out father to put us up for adoption.

So I guess at some point our father figured out want she was really like because that's what they were always arguing about. Of course Eunji still sees our mother in a glowing light instead of what she was really like, and I don't plan on telling her any different," I finally stopped talking. I felt so much lighter, I guess I hadn't really vented about it before.

"Wow so I guess you don't talk to her now?"

"I wouldn't even if I could, they were arguing and not paying attention to the road, they'd crossed into the wrong lane. Our father swerved to avoid oncoming traffic and went right off the bridge into the water. They didn't survive,"

***

I woke up, Insoo wasn't next to me. I frowned sitting up, his arm was hanging off the end of the lounge. When had he moved there? I could have sworn he got into the bed last night. Last nightOh what had I done?

The game was suppose to help me avoid getting serious. Not have me tell him everything, well not everything but most of it. Is that why he moved to the lounge? Did it scare him off? I mean it's a lot of baggage, what if he decided he doesn't like me anymore?

I rubbed my face getting up, instinctively I made my way to the kitchen and started cooking while my brain started to run through all the doubts. This is why I do't let myself like guys.

INSOO

I yawned stretching. The lounge was more comfortable than I'd expected it to be, the smell of, I'm not even sure what, greeted me. I sat up yawning again. Jiyeon was pacing around the kitchen as she cooked. she'd cooked enough to feed everyone in the dorm but still she was cooking more. Honestly I was surprised she wasn't hungover.

I stood up and made my way over to the table that doubled as a room divider. Sitting down I waited for her to notice, I was going to go up behind her but she seemed off in her own little world and I didn't want to scare her while she was cooking.

"Oh, morning," she mumbled only glancing at me for a second.

"Are you okay?" I frowned, maybe she was hungover.

"U-huh," she nodded avoiding looking at me,- did I do something wrong?

"You've been busy this morning," I commented.

"Did I wake you up?"

"Oh, no,"

"So was the lounge comfortable?" she sounded bitter. Was that what she was mad at? Because I slept on the lounge instead of in the bed?

"Yeah, I mean it wasn't as comfortable as the bed, but I didn't know if you would want some space or not so I figured that I would just sleep on the lounge in case you wanted to be alone," I explained, her face relaxed.

"Oh, you could have stayed," she shrugged.

"I'll remember that next time,"

"Next time?"

"Unless I'm forbidden from coming back to you apartment?" I smirked.

"Let's eat," she turned off the stove top and places plates in front of me. Handing me a set of chopsticks she sat down across from me.

"So you like me huh?" I smirked,

"Shut up you idiot and eat your food," she rolled her eyes but her cheeks were turning a light shade of pink and she was fighting a smile that was tugging at the corners of lips.

"Did you cook me breakfast?" I continued to tease.

"Because you like me?"

"I would like you to shut up and eat," she looked directly at her plate, butshe let the smirk slip this time.

"Your wish is my command," I smirked.

"You're an idiot,"