Chapter Thirty One

Day By Day {MYNAME}

JIYEON

I made my way down the path towards the basketball courts. Insoo had messaged me asking for me to meet him there because he wanted to tell me something. I'd rung him because I'd been busy trying to look for a new apartment but he'd told me that it was important and to come down, then hung up.

He was in a jersey running around the court with another guy that was taller than him wearing the same jersey. I stood on the side of the court with my arms folded over my chest, Insoo smiled when he seen me and ran over.

"Hey, you came,"

"You refused to tell me over the phone,"

"We're almost done here, just sit over there it's a little risky standing there," he smiled as his friend threw the ball at him, it just missed him and I caught it.

"See," he stated, I frowned and threw the ball at his knee.

"Ow" he frowned.

"It's risky standing here," I mimicked him.

"You're a serious pain sometimes," he sighed.

"You're a pain, I was looking for a new apartment," I poked my tongue out.

"Just go sit over there for like ten minutes," he rolled his eyes.

"Someone's sassy today," I smirked.

"Please just sit and wait, honestly it is important,"

"Okay," I nodded taking seat on the sidelines.

I watched them play for almost another half an hour, he was really good. If he didn't want to be an idol I could see him perusing a career in basketball. When they finally finished playing they both made their way over to me sweaty and breathing heavy.

"Ji, this is Jinwoo, vise versa," Insoo introduced us.

"I'd hug you but I'm a little gross," he gave me a small smile.

"She's not much of a hugged," Insoo teased.

"Shut up," I frowned.

"See, she's so mean to me,"

"I guarantee you deserve it," Jinwoo teased.

"Thank you," I poked my tongue out at Insoo.

"It was nice meeting you, I've got to get back to the dorm, we'll play again soon," Jinwoo waved leaving us

"So, what was so important that I had to come all the way down here?" I asked once Jinwoo had left.

"I don't know if I should tell you now," he sighed.

"Why?"

"You assaulted me, then you were mean to me in front of my friend,"

"I wont have with you," I threatened.

"Like I'm getting laid as it is," he shot, smirking.

"I wont cook dinner,"

"That's just mean," he frowned at me.

"So tell me,"

"No, I can't. I think I need to shower first," he smirked wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"Ew, yeah you definitely need a shower," I pushed him away.

***

Insoo was in the shower, I took the opportunity to get back at him, all the clothes he'd left here I'd put in a draw, I pulled out a t shirt and threw the rest in the washing machine. Including the ones he'd just taken off. I'd been nice enough to leave him a clean pair of pants and underwear, just no shirt. Instead I got changed into his shirt so I was wearing nothing but his shirt and my underwear.

"Hey Ji, where are those clothes I left here?" he called as he was coming out of the bathroom with nothing but the towel wrapped around his waist, his torso still wet, he was towel drying his hair so he hadn't seen me yet.

"There's some on the end of the bed," I called back making my way into the kitchen where is started making lunch.

"Didn't I leave shirts here?" he called.

"They're in the washing machine,"

"All of them?"

"Except the one I'm wearing," I mumbled as I washed the rice.

"Don't you have your own clothes?" he teased as he entered the kitchen completely shirtless.

"Yours are more comfortable," I shrugged.

"Why are all of my clothes being washed right now?" he raised an eyebrow skeptically.

"I only just got to them," I shrugged placing the rice in the cooker.

"And where are your clothes?"

"They needed washing too?"

"All of them?"

"Yeah,"

"Is that so?" his arms wrapped around my waist pulling me close to his chest.

"Mm," I nodded.

"Well, seeing as neither if us is wearing a full outfit," he turned me around so I was now facing his bare chest.

"And all of our clothes are being washed," he lifted me by the waist and sat me on the bench.

"I guess well just have to find a way to pass the time," he attached his lips to mine.

I didn't blame him, we had been extremely ually active before, well just before, then we stopped completely, it wasn't exactly his choice. Now it's been over a month since the last time we actually had .

He pulled away to lift his shirt from me, he paused frowning at me. I raised an eyebrow and followed his gaze. Oh. I'd completely forgotten about my tattoo.

"You have a tattoo?" he looked me in the eye, I couldn't tell what he was thinking.

EUNJI

"You're home early," Seyong frowned when I sat down next to him on the lounge.

"It's kind of hard to do anything when the auditorium is flooded," I sighed.

"Flooded?"

"Yeah, apparently some pipes burst over night and completely destroyed the auditorium,"

"And that's bad because?"

"Because we're suppose to have our showcase in like a week and a half but it doesn't look like that's going to happen, I just want the showcase to be over with,"

"Can't you just not do it?"

"If I want to fail and never amount to anything,"

"That's kind of dramatic,"

"Maybe, but the longer they postpone the showcase, the longer I have to deal with Kwangmin,"

"Is he that bad?"

"Mmm,"

"Do you want me to talk to him?"

"Because that went so well the first time?" I raised and eyebrow turning my head to look at him.

"Right," he frowned.

"So how about you? Was your day better than mine?"

SEYONG

"Well, we're debuting,"

"Really?" a smile spread across her face.

"That's amazing, congratulations!"

"Thanks," I nodded,

"Where's Gunwoo?" disappointment spread through me.

"He we out with some friends," I sighed, I should have realized her excitement was for her brother.

"Oh," she frowned.

"Why aren't you more excited?"

"Honestly, we've been told we'll debut a few times and then it gets postponed," I shrugged.

"Hey, I just heard from Insoo," EunBi came skipping into thee lounge room.

"Oh hey Eunji," she smiled.

"Hey,"

"So are you excited?" EunBi shook my shoulders.

"I'm going to call Gunwoo," Eunji got up leaving the room,

"I don't think she likes me very much," EunBi frowned.

"Why wouldn't she like you?"

"Her first impression of me wasn't so great, I said something that sounded different from the way I meant it,"

"Did you apologize?"

"Yeah, but I don't think it helped,"

EUNJI

"I'm going to call Gunwoo," I said getting up.

I was jealous, I was seriously jealous, and what irritated me even more was the fact I was jealous of a girl near Seyong. Seyong, of all people, the same person that used to have bipolar episodes because I wouldn't sleep with him. The same person that threw me in the ocean because he wanted to get me wet, and now I'm sitting here jealous because there is a girl who is close with him, and because he doesn't treat her the same as he treats any other girl. I've lost my mind.

I sighed dialing Gunwoo's number, it rang until I got his voicemail. I hadn't seen much of him recently, come to think of it I hadn't seen much of him since we moved in here.

I decided to call Jiyeon but she didn't answer either, is everyone ignoring me today?

INSOO

"When did you get that?" I frowned at her, it was already healed so it's not like she got it a few days ago.

"A few weeks ago, when I changed my hair,"

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I honestly forgot about it," she shrugged like it was nothing.

"You forgot about it?" I frowned at her,

"Yeah, I forgot,"

"You got a tattoo, weeks ago, and forgot to tell me?"

"It's just a tattoo, it's no big deal, I don't see why you're mad about it," she sighed.

"I'm not mad about the tattoo, it's a cool tattoo. I'm mad that you kept it from me,"

"It's my body, and it's not like you've never kept anything from me," she frowned.

"I haven't kept anything from you,"

"No?" She raised an eyebrow as if to challenge me.

"No," I stated seriously.

"You forgot to mention that your dad used to abuse you," she spat.

"How do you know about that?"

"Seyong told me,"

"That's different," I sighed.

"Is it? The only difference is what you kept from me was much bigger than what I kept from you,"

"So you did keep it from me?"

"Yes, because didn't know how you would react. I think judging but your reaction now I was justified in my decision,"

"My reaction is because you kept it from me, on purpose and hen lied about it. Is there anything else you've kept from me, because if there is tell me now,"

JIYEON

The seriousness on his face scared me, I thought about telling him, I honestly did, but he just lost it because of the tattoo. There is no way he will handle being told he was almost going to be a father.

"No, is there anything else you need to tell me?" I got defensive, I probably could have just let it go and it wouldn't have escalated.

"Yes, actually there is!" he nodded, I frowned at him, what else could he have kept hidden from me.

"We got told this morning that we're going to be debuting soon, congratulations to us huh?" he stated picking his shirt up from the floor an walking out of the apartment.

INSOO

I walked down the foot path, I didn't really know why I'd react like that. It was such a small thing to get mad over. So she got tattoo and didn't tell you? big deal. But she had no right to throw my father in my face, and Seyong had absolutely no right to tell her about it. It was mine to share and I didn't feel like telling her yet. Why? I don't know, I don't like talking about it? I wasn't ready to tell her? Either way I hadn't told her and I had my reasons, he shouldn't have told her.

I pulled my phone from my pocket and dialed Seyong's number.

"Hey,"

"Where are you?" I asked.

"At the dorm, what's wrong?" he asked, I ignored him and just hung up.

SEYONG

"That was weird," I frowned down at my phone.

"What?" EunBi asked.

"Nothing," I shrugged.

EUNJI

My phone started ringing from the kitchen bench, I got up from the lounge and went over to answer it as Insoo came into the house, he did not look happy.

"Where's Seyong?" he asked calmly.

"Lounge room," I pointed carefully.

"Is that Jiyeon?"

"Yeah,"

"Don't tell her I'm here," he stated before going to Seyong.

I frowned watching them as they made their way into the garage shutting the door behind them. My phone was still ringing in my hand, I quickly answered it.

"Hey,"

"Hey Eunji," she sounded tired or upset, I wasn't sure which.

"Are you okay?"

"Ah, yeah. Is Insoo there?"

"He is, but he told me not to tell you. Did you guys have a fight?" she sighed on the other end.

"Yeah, it was stupid too. I hadn't told him about my tattoo yet and he found it and things escalated and he walked out after telling me they were debuting,"

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, he wasn't though,"

"No I seen that when he walked in,"

"He didn't snap at you did he?"

"No, but he seemed seriously pissed and then him and Seyong went into the garage," she sighed again.

SEYONG

"I need to talk to you," Insoo came into the lounge room,

"Why?" I frowned but he was already walking back he way he'd come.

I got up and followed him into the garage. He shut the door behind us and flicked on the light switch. He just stared at me for minute, it looked like he was grinding his teeth.

"What's wrong?" I finally asked.

"How much did you tell her?" he snapped.

"What?"

"Jiyeon, how much did you tell her?"

"About what?" I frowned.

"About my father?"

"Oh,"

"Yeah, oh," he gave me a condescending look.

"Not much, just that you use to protect your mother from him hitting her,"

"You had no right to tell her anything," he snapped.

"Why didn't you tell her?" I frowned.

"Why did I need too?"

"It's kind of a big thing," I rubbed the back of my neck.

"It's not something she needed to know,"

"Why not?" I challenged, he was getting unnecessarily defensive over this.

EUNJI

Insoo came out of the garage and made his way up the stairs, he seemed less annoyed. Seyong came out after him and sighed as he returned to the lounge room, where EunBi had been sitting the entire time. I didn't exactly want to go sit in there with her alone so I decided to start making lunch.

Seyong just sat there for a while not really saying anything except for the word 'nothing' when EunBi asked him what was wrong. Eventually he sighed and stood up making his way into the kitchen. He stood on the other side of the counter looking at me for a moment, it was making me self conscious. I almost spilt the soup I was making down myself.

"Be careful," he finally spoke in a caring tone, which in itself confused me.

"Can I help you with something?" I asked placing bowls into the bench.

"I think we should take them out somewhere," he said thoughtfully.

"Huh?"

"Insoo and Jiyeon, they're fighting. I think we should take them someone so they can fix it,"

"Or we could just stay out of it and let them work it out themselves," I stated.

"We could do that, but them fighting is kind of my fault,"

"Why am I not surprised?" I mumbled.

"So, are you going to help me?"

"We could go to Everland," I sighed.

"They can't possibly be mad at each other in an amusement park," his face lit up.

"How are you going to get them there genius?"

"We're celebrating out debut, they have to go. We're going, I'll call the other members, EunBi will come so they have no excuse," he said matter of factly.

"Okay," I sighed nodding.

"Can you ring Jiyeon?"

"Sure," I nodded.

***

I called Jiyeon and somehow convinced her to come, then I decided to call Zelo and see what he was doing today because I didn't exactly feel like watching Seyong and EunBi be all flirty.

"Hey," he answered after the third ring.

"Hey what are you doing today?"

"Nothing really, why?"

"We're going to the amusement park, do you feel like coming?"

"I'm not sure Seyong will be okay with that,"

"EunBi's coming, I doubt he'll notice,"

"So that's why you want me there?" he chuckled.

"Please," I begged.

"I'll get dressed and be there soon,"

"Thank you,"

"You owe me though,"

JIYEON

I walked through the front door and made my way into the lounge room; EunBi and Seyong were leaning against the bench staring at Eunji and Zelo who were chatting away on the lounge. EunBi looked nervous and curious where as Seyong was glaring holes into Zelo's head.

Insoo was nowhere to be seen and no one else appeared to be here either.

"You're here," EunBi turned her attention towards me.

"Oh, hey," Seyong greeted still frowning.

"Where is everyone?"

"Chaejin and JunQ are on their way home to see their parents for the day, Insoo is either in our room or in the garage. I have no idea where Gunwoo is, and then there's those two love birds over there,' Seyong stated.

"Can we go now?" Insoo came walking down the stairs ignoring the fact I was there. It wasn't a nice feeling.

***

It was nothing but awkward, the whole trip there was just awkward. Eunji and Zelo chatted away in their own little conversation, EunBi and Seyong were the same so I sat there next to Insoo, silent. I wasn't exactly sure what to say, should I apologize? We'd never fought before so I wasn't exactly sure what the protocol was. We normally bicker or play fight but we've never actually have an argument.

Instead I continued to sit there in silence, fidgeting with my fingers.

EUNJI

"Oh, let's go on that,"EunBi bounced pointing at the monstrous water slide

"I'll stay here with Eunji," Zelo stated.

"Why?" EunBi frowned.

"I don't like water rides,"

"Why can't you wait on your own?" she frowned.

"Let's just go on the ride," Insoo stated directing his sister up the stairs.

SEYONG

I frowned as we made our way up the stairs, EunBi made a good point, why couldn't she stand there on her own? Then again I'm not sure how comfortable I'd be if she was there on her own, especially with so many people around.

"Are you sulking because you didn't offer to stay with her?" EunBi asked.

"Why would I be?" I frowned.

We sat on the tubes for the water slide, EunBi and I were used as dividers between Insoo and Jiyeon who were still completely silent, especially with each other. I looked between them, Insoo's expression was unreadable even for me and Jiyeon just avoided eye contact with everyone.

"This should be fun," I looked at EunBi who was still frowning.

EUNJI

"I'll distract Insoo's sister and then Seyong will come talk to you," Zelo stated telling me his plan to help get me and Seyong together.

"That won't work, and her name's EunBi," I raised an eyebrow.

"Sure it will, I'll walk with EunBi, so she'll be busy talking to me and Insoo isn't talking to anyone right now, neither is Jiyeon so Seyong will have no other choice but to be with you,"

"You're making me his last resort?"

"Okay so it sounds bad when you say it like that," he frowned.

"Technically, I'm just taking away any excuse. Just trust me," he sighed rolling his eyes.

They got out of the water at the bottom surprisingly not at all that wet. Insoo and Ji still were not talking, they got out of the water and stood with as many people between them as they could.

"Should we get something to eat? I'm so hungry," EunBi suggested.

"I'm not that hungry, let's just get a snack and we'll have lunch later," Seyong stated.

"That's a great idea, let's go," Zelo chirped carefully placing his hand on EunBi's shoulder and guiding her towards the food court.

Insoo and Seyong both frowned after them, but we all followed. We walked as a group but some how they managed to walk in a line; Jiyeon, Zelo, EunBi, Seyong, and then Insoo on the other end, and somehow I managed to be walking behind everyone on my own. Both Zelo and Seyong seemed to be competing for EunBi's attention.

What was so specially about this girl? First Seyong's all over her and now my best friend? Should I just move out and give her my room too? Or Gunwoo?

"Stop frowning at her," Jiyeon appeared next to me.

"Frowning at who?" I mumbled.

"So you do like Seyong?" she sighed.

"So what are you and Insoo arguing about?" I retorted.

"I have no idea, it just kind of come out of no where," she shrugged.

SEYONG

"Have you apologized yet?" I pulled Insoo aside.

"Why would I have to apologize? You went behind my back and told her something you had no right to and she used it as ammunition to outweigh the fact she hid something small from me? So why should I be the one to apologize?" he snapped.

"I'm sorry I told her, but you're overreacting,"

"I don't think I am,"

"You still haven't been laid huh?"

"That has absolutely nothing to do with it," he growled storming off.

I sighed following him back to the group who were sitting at the table eating. Except Eunji who hadn't bought anything. She just sat somewhat segregated from the rest of us without actually sitting away from the table. She was watching Zelo and EunBi who had seemed to be getting along rather well, she didn't seem to happy about it.

I sat myself down next to her, she looked at me then looked down at her hands which she had sitting in her lap fiddling with the hem of her shorts.

"Want a bite?" I asked offering her some of my churro.

"I'm not hungry," she shook her head.

"So I was thinking the we could attempt to finish the drama when we get home?"

"Maybe," she shrugged.

I sighed looking around the table, Jiyeon and Insoo were still separated, he'd sat next to Zelo probably because Jiyeon was sitting next to EunBi and he wasn't exactly talking to me either.

"I think we need to make a plan," I spoke quietly.

"What?" she raised an eyebrow.

"To get those two to talk, we need a plan,"

"I thought this was the plan?"

"Well this clearly isn't working,"

"I got her here, it's your plan," she shrugged.

"Let's go on the roller coaster," she suggested before I could say anything else.

"I love roller coasters," EunBi smiled.

"Of course you do," Eunji sighed under her breath.

I'm not going to lie, I'm quite happy to see her jealous even if it is over EunBi. The chances of anything happening between me and EunBi is the same as something happening between EunBi and Insoo, Ive known EunBi long enough for her to basically be my sister.

***

We rode ride after ride, Jiyeon and Insoo stayed the same it was starting to get a little frustrating. Okay so technically, we were here to help them fix their argument. But we were also here to have fun and celebrate the fact we're finally debuting, both of them being morbid and grumpy wasn't much fun.

"Are you honestly enjoying yourself?" I asked Eunji who was wondering behind us.

"No," she sighed.

"So are you going to help me now?"

"With?" she raised an eyebrow.

"I'm thinking of locking them in the Ferris wheel," I nodded.

"The Ferris wheel?" she frowned.

"Yeah, you're not scared of heights too are you?" I smirked.

"No,"

"So you'll help?

"Why don't you ask EunBi," she muttered.

"Are you jealous?" I smirked.

"No I'm not jealous," she frowned.

"You sound jealous,"

"Do you want my help or not," she rolled her eyes.

INSOO

I got on and Jiyeon followed then the door was closed behind her. I frowned turning around to see Seyong smirk and step away from the door. He handed the attendant some money and said something, then guy nodded and took the money. I sighed taking a seat across from Jiyeon.

"I guess they're not coming on," she sighed.

"What gave you that idea?"

"Well isn't this going to be fun," she sighed again.

SEYONG

"That's a horrible idea," Eunji frowned as the Ferris wheel started to turn.

"Probably, but it's done now," I shrugged.

"So what do we do now?" Zelo asked.

"I really want to go to the haunted house," I shrugged.

"I'm still hungry," EunBi whined.

"Haunted house, then food?" Eunji suggested.

"Or you and Seyong could go to the haunted house and I'll take EunBi to get something to eat," Zelo suggested.

"Sounds like a plan," I nodded.

"Excuse me?" Eunji frowned, I admit it was strange for me to agree with Zelo but he was giving me a chance to take Eunji into a haunted house. Which was bound to result in her clinging to me, I wasn't going to waste the opportunity.

"Good, let's go," he directed EunBi away for the second time today.

Eunji frowned after him, he winked and continued walking, maybe he wasn't so bad.

"Are you ready?" I smirked at her.

"Ah, sure," she frowned biting her bottom lip.

JIYEON

The wheel stopped spinning once our cart reached the top. How cliche. Insoo sighed and rolled his eyes. I chewed in the inside of my cheek.

"I guess we're going to be here a while," I finally spoke, he just looked at me then looked out the window.

"About earlier," I sighed.

"About the tattoo, and me not telling you about it," I paused again, he still wasn't looking at me.

"I don't know why I didn't tell you, I did it instinctively without thinking about it and then after I got it I thought about how you might react or what you might think about it and I got worried, so I put off telling you and then put off telling you and then I honestly did forget about it. I'm sorry I didn't tell you," I paused, he was still looking out the window.

"And about your dad, I don't know why you felt like you had to keep that from me or if you felt like you couldn't talk to me about it. But your right, Seyong had no right to tell me anything about it and I shouldn't have thrown it in your face like that, it's not something I should have taken lightly,"

He sighed and turned his head to face me.

SEYONG

She had a death grip around my arm, if she held it any tighter she'd probably cut off the blood circulation to my arm. I stopped looking down at her, her eyes were tightly shut and her whole body was shaking.

"Are you okay?" I asked feeling a little guilty.

"No," she shook her head, her voice shaky.

"Okay, come here,"

EUNJI

He stood behind me.

"Close your eyes, and trust me," he stated as he placed his hands over my ears, the sound effects were muted, I could barely hear anything. He slowly started walking me forward, when he wanted me to turn he would gently tilt my head.

SEYONG

She lent into me as I guided her through the hallways. Her body was still tense and I guess she could still sort of hear because she kind of jump at the louder noises, but she wasn't trembling anymore and her breathing was almost normal again. When we were finally out of the house I was going to let go of her ears but I was enjoying these closeness, I kept walking just for the sake of walking and she didn't seem to notice.

EUNJI

I felt the temperature change, but Seyong kept leading me around I opened my eyes slightly just to check if we were in fact out of the haunted house. We were. I was going to step away from him but something made me stay, so I let him lead me around the amusement park. The sun had almost gone down by now so the sky was a mixture of oranges and blues, he lead my over to a bench and sat me down. I quickly closed my eyes as he took his hands off my ears.

"You can open your eyes now," he said sitting down next to me.

"Thanks," I nodded, I was cold without his body heat close to me.

INSOO

I sat there and stared at her for a while, I knew it was a big deal for her to apologize it wasn't exactly something she was used to. I sighed and hesitated once more before I decided to speak.

"My father wasn't always abusive, I can remember times when I was really young when he was loving and caring. I don't know what happened or when but he just stated to change. He became; distant, short tempered, mean, he was always drinking. Then one day he snapped and hit me, I thought I'd deserved it, from what I remember I'd done something wrong. But then he started to lash out more frequently and for no reason, I was so scare of him," I paused to take a breath.

"When I met Seyong we became close pretty quickly, I went over to his house a lot, our mothers were friends, after my mother had EunBi she would send us to their house quite a lot, and most of the time I'd be covered in bruises and my mother would have a black eye or split lip or some form of physical abuse.

I was sure they knew something was going on but they didn't say anything or judge, and I was too scared to talk about it. But when my mother first got pregnant with EunBi, rather than being scared, I got protective. Every time he drunk too much and went to lash out at my mother I stepped in. This went on for a long time,"

"Then Seyong happened,"

~Flashback~

I wondered through the house, mum had taken EunBi with her to lunch with her friends, she told me she wouldn't be long and tried to convince me to go with her but dad was asleep and I told her that I would call Seyong and go over there.

Seyong had been asking a lot of questions lately, about the bruises on arms and face and why we never stayed at my house. I didn't know what to tell him, or even if I should but he was incredibly smart and it wasn't at all the difficult to piece together so I was pretty sure he knew. He useto get annoyed when I refused to let him come over, I mean he's been over, just never when my dad is home.

I dialed his home number and his mother picked up,

"Hello?"

"Good morning Mrs Kim, is Seyong home?"

"Yes he is, give me two seconds and I'll get him for you,"

"Thank you,"

"Hey Insoo, what's up?"

"Do you want to go to the beach today? I'm kind of bored around the house,"

"Hey mum can I go to the beach with Insoo? Mum said it was okay, are you going to come over here or did you want to meet on the beach?" he asked.

"Insoo," my fathers voices echoed through the house.

"Uh, the beach," I whispered.

"Are you okay?"

"Answer me when I'm calling you!" my father yelled.

"I'll meet you on the beach," I hid the phone behind my back.

"I'm out the back," I said as I sat on the outdoor lounge.

"Where's your mother?"

"She went to lunch with her friends,"

"Again?" he growled.

"She does it every week," I nodded.

"Don't sass me boy, " he growled back handing me, stinging pain spread through my right cheek.

"Why do you have the phone?" he growled again snatching the phone from the seatI'd let go of it to hold my own face.

He lifted it to his ear and said hello into it a few times, I guess Seyong had hung up. He turned his attention back to me and he threw the phone onto the seat next to me.

"Who were you on the phone to?"

"Mum said I could call Seyong,"

"Mum said huh?" he raised an eyebrow.

"Did I say it was okay?

"You were asleep," I said quietly, I knew it was a bad idea to talk back to him.

"I'm sorry what? You'll have to speak louder,"

"No, you didn't,"

"That's not what you just said, what did you say?"

I just stared at him, there was really nothing I could say to defuse him, it wouldn't matter what I did he was still going to lash out, it's just the severity of his episode that was the question.

"Answer me," he growled.

"I said you were asleep," if he knew what I'd said he would just get more and more mad if I continued to lie to him.

"If I'm asleep you get to do whatever you want do you?"

"No," I sighed.

"I've had just about enough of your attitude, you've become a right little smart after you stated hanging around with that Seyong kid. Well no more, as of today you no longer get to see him, you don't go to his house,"

"But he's my friend," I frowned interrupting him.

"There you go back chatting me again,"

He sighed at me as if he were dissapointed, then he hit me, again, and again. It wasn't any different to normal, by now I was so used to it I just shielded myself the best I could and waited for it to be over. I'm not saying it didn't hurt because it did. A lot. But what was I going to do about it? What could I do about it? I could run away but what about my mother and EunBi? Mum said she's figuring it out, that she has a plan but she has to be careful. So most of the time she'll send me and EunBi to Seyong's house, we're alone with our father a little as possible.

Before I knew it his hand was around my throat, squeezing. He was yelling something at me but I couldn't hear it over the blood thumping in my head. I clawed at his hand trying desperately to pry his hand away so I could breath, I could feel my face turning blue. My vision stated to get blurry, all I could see was black spots. Then there was a loud thud and then as suddenly as he'd attached his hand to my neck, he freed me.

I stated coughing and gasping as the air rushed into my lungs, someone was standing by my side yelling things at my father. My hearing was still kind of muted but the nose started getting louder. Seyong was standing next to me with a big piece of wood threatening my father not to come any closer or he'd hit him again.

~End~

"So there was 14 year old Seyong holding this massive piece of wood, I still don't know how he managed to carry it or where he'd found it. But he'd some how swung it hard enough to make my father let go of me. He helped my to my feet and took me back to his house, rang my mum, and two days later my dad left. You know the rest,"