Chapter Twelve

Day By Day {MYNAME}

"Come on, we're all going," Jiyeon stated.

"I have stuff I need to do," I lied.

"No you don't. You're just avoiding Seyong, but you live in the same house and you can't avoid him forever. Besides you wont even notice he's there and if you do, there is always the other five people at the table you can talk to instead of acknowledging his presents. Now get dresses or I'll make you go in that," Jiyeon smirked at my pink cloud covered pyjama pants and a plain blue oversize shirt.

"Fine," I sighed.

Honestly, she was right. I wasn't exactly thrilled about going to lunch knowing Seyong was going to be there, But can you really blame me? I mean, look what happened the last time we had lunch together. I hadn't really said more than two words to him since then, or really been in the same room for longer than I had too. I'm not sure if it was because of his temper or because of what he did to Kwangmin. Who hadn't shown up to the university  at all last week. Either way I hadn't gone out of my way to be anywhere near him.

Youngmin said he would try to get Kwangmin to class next week but I wasn't sure he'd be able too. I talked to the director to see if there was a chance he'd let us change the song but he'd just told me that we'd have to work out our own problems because things like this would happen in our careers at one point and we'd have to learn how to handle it.

I got out of bed and changed into a pair of denim shorts and a pink cardigan jumper. I was going to wear my hair back into a pony tail but decided to leave it down instead.

"Are you ready?" Insoo asked when he noticed me making my way down the stairs.

"Sure," I nodded pushing my bangs from my face as I reached the bottom.

"Let's go then" he smiled.

***

We sat down at the table, there was seven of us and somehow I ended up next to Seyong. On one side was; Insoo next to the wall, then Jiyeon, and JunQ. Gunwoo sat at the head of  table, then down the other side; across from Insoo was Seyong, then me, and finally Chaejin.

Gunwoo had been trying to eat three dry crackers in under three minutes, but he couldn't quite do it. Apparently he had to do it for a variety program they were going to be on to promote their debut. Both Insoo and Seyong tried as well and failed miserably, JunQ almost had it but went over the time limit by 38 seconds. Chaejin however surprised everyone and managed to do it in 2 minutes and 56 seconds.

"Do you want to try?" Insoo offered Jiyeon the packet.

"No," she shook her head laughing.

"Why are you scared?"

"Of crackers? Why would I waste time with plain crackers when we're in a restaurant full of good food?"

"I'll make a bet with you," he challenged.

"What kind of bet?" she glared playfully.

"Well I think you can do it, but I'll bet you something from the list that you can't,"

"What do I get out of it?" she frowned.

"If you win you can remove something from the list. If I win, I get to pick one," he smirked smugly.

"What list?" Seyong asked for the benefit for everyone else at the table who had been watching their debate completely confused.

"Just a list," Insoo shrugged.

"Okay," Jiyeon smirked.

She tried and she almost did it, but she didn't quite do it in the time frame so technically she failed and ended up loosing whatever bet she'd made with Insoo who looked ecstatic.

"It's four seconds over," she tried to make her case.

"It's still over, you lost," Insoo smirked.

"Whatever," she sighed rolling her eyes.

"Eunji?" he handed me the packet.

"No thank you," I shook my head.

"Of course not," Seyong scoffed under his breath so only I heard him.

"Oh come on, we all did it, besides there is no way you can do worse than Seyong," he smirked until Seyong kicked him under the table.

"Now you have to do it to prove me right,"

"Fine," I sighed taking the packet.

I took three crackers out from the packet and Insoo started the timer. It wasn't as hard as I'd thought it would be, I managed to do it in 2 minutes and 40 seconds beating Chaejin's record.

"Well she does have a lot of male friends," Seyong mumbled, once again under his breath, but apparently Insoo had heard him too this time. Judging by the glare he gave his friend I was guessing whatever Seyong had said wasn't meant as a compliment.

"Do you want to go on the program for me?" Gunwoo joked.

"No," I shook my head.

"I didn't think so, well let's order some lunch," Gunwoo handed out menus he'd cleared away to do his cracker challenge.

Once everyone had decided on what they wanted, Gunwoo and JunQ went to order. Chaejin also got up to go talk to a friend he'd noticed was there, and Jiyeon and Insoo had disappeared somewhere. Which left me and Seyong at the table.

"What did you mean by that?" I asked, I probably should have just stayed quiet.

"By what?" he frowned.

"The I have a lot of male friends?"

"Seriously?" he frowned at me like I was stupid, he stayed quiet for a moment until he realized I was serious.

"Wow okay, it means what it means; you have a lot of male friends. Do you honestly expect me to believe there are no benefits to your friendship? I mean from what I've just seen you don't appear to have a gag reflex, that generally makes someone very popular with the male gender. Though I don't seem to be getting any of the perks to being your friend,"

INSOO

We were walking back to the table where only Eunji and Seyong were sitting, I was assuming by the look on Eunji's face that their conversation didn't go so well.

"I told you it was a bad idea to sit them together," Jiyeon shook her head.

"They live together, I was just trying to help the awkward tension. Besides I didn't think everyone would leave the table all at once," I defended myself.

"Are you okay?" Jiyeon asked casually sitting back down at the table.

"I'm fine, I'm actually not that hungry, so I was going to go see Zelo. He's going on tour soon so I'd like to see him before he goes or get's busy preparing," she shrugged getting up.

"But I'll see you at home later," she smiled waving as she walked out, Jiyeon glared at Seyong and followed after her sister.

"What did you do? Did you say something else?" I sighed sitting back down in front of him.

"Why do you assume that I did something? Maybe she's just being moody?"

"Because I know you," I raised an eyebrow.

"Why are you all so dramatic? She asked what I meant so I explained it,"

"Explain it to me,"

"She doesn't seem to have a gag reflex, no wonder she has a lot of male friends," he smirked.

"Do you know how much of an you are?"

"Why? Because I made a joke about your girlfriends sister and she couldn't take it? Did you consider maybe she's just being a drama queen?" he asked raising an eyebrow.

"I think she she has the right to be a little dramatic when you ruined one of her friendships, made her school life awkward and stressful if they can't work it out. You make her uncomfortable at home and then you insinuate that she has friends because she's a ?"

"How is any of that my fault? She let it happen and there's no reason for her to get offended if it's not true," he winked.

"Do you even hear yourself?" sometimes I really want to hit him in the face.

EUNJI

"What happened?" Jiyeon frowned at me.

"Nothing happened," I shrugged.

"You're a horrible liar,"

"I'm fine, I just want to go and hang out with Zelo," I shrugged again.

"Okay, well let me know if you're going to be home for dinner or not," she sighed after a moment.

"I will," I nodded.

Why did he find it necessary to make comments like that? Was it because I didn't want to sleep with him? I can't be the only girl in existence to have rejected him, can I? I let out a sigh trying to shake him from my mind.

Zelo's dorm wasn't far from the restaurant so I decided to just walk over there instead of messaging him to come out and meet me somewhere, plus he would probably still be asleep. It took me less than ten minutes to get there. I sighed pressing their apartment number.

"Hello beautiful," Daehyun's voice came through.

"Hey, is Zelo home?"

"He is, but we didn't order attractive. Do we still have to pay for delivery?"

"Lucky for you, it's free today. Now can you please buzz me in?" I smiled up at the camera.

The buzzer sounded and the door unlocked. Daehyun liked to playfully flirt with me, I think it had more to do with embarrassing Zelo than because he actually had feelings for me. I mean he'd been doing it for years now and not made any actual attempt to date me.

"Hello stranger," Daehyun opened the door before I could knock, he was sliding a plain black shirt on over his perfect body line.

"I knew you only liked me for my body, I'm not sure how much longer I can take your constant objectification," he played hurt.

"How have you been Dae?"

"Busy, busy, busy," he shrugged gesturing for me to come in.

"Busy is good,"

"Yeah, Zelo is still asleep, I'll go wake him up for you,"

"Okay," I nodded following him through to the room he shares with Zelo share.

"So where is everyone?"

"Bang is composing some songs for the new album we're preparing, Himchan is out to lunch with some friends, I'm not too sure where the other two went, to take photo's I think," he shrugged.

Daehyun walked into the room and flung open the curtains making the dark room explode in light. Zelo stirred pulling the blanket over his head grumbling some incoherent words.

"Get up," Daehyun pulled the blankets off revealing a pants-less Zelo, well not completely pants-less. He was wearing purple boxer briefs.

"If you're going to have girls this pretty come over, you could at least wear pants,"

"What?" Zelo squinted.

"Have you learnt nothing? Pants stay on until after dinner, if you have dessert first you wont be hungry," Daehyun smirked.

"Go away with your Busan Complex," Zelo muttered.

Zelo had a theory about the males from Busan, he called it; The Busan Complex. Basically, from the three people he'd met from Busan, he'd come up with a set of characteristics that apparently all males from Busan had; Flirty, self absorbed, supremely competitive and don't take losing well, over achievers, who are bipolar and extremely loyal to both their friends and other people from Busan whether the like them or not.

I wonder where Seyong is from?

"You're a complex, I'll entertain your friend while you find pants, they're kind of like what you're wearing but there's more of them,"

I followed Daehyun back to the lounge room as Bang walked back through the door.

"Oh, hey," he nodded to me, he was a man of little words.

"Hey,"

"You're back early," Daehyun commented.

"Mm, I forgot my note book. Is Zelo not up yet?"

"He's up, he's just getting ready,"

"Okay, well it was nice seeing you again," he smiled at me walking off to find his notebook as Zelo emerged from the room.

"When are we going to stop playing this game? Zelo is never going to man up, I think we should just date, enough of this cat and mouse game," Daehyun stated seriously, Zelo frowned at us ruffling his own hair.

"I'm just not finished waiting for Zelo,"

"But we'd be so good together, I'm way more of a man than Zelo, I could make you happy," he smirked.

"You two are just as bad as each other," Zelo shook his head at us as we laughed.

***

"Okay, so what's wrong?" Zelo asked as we walked out of the building.

"Nothing, I was bored,"

"So you didn't walk out on lunch?" he raised an eyebrow.

"Ji messaged you?"

"Yeah," he nodded.

"I just wasn't hungry,"

"Or Seyong said something that upset you?"

"I was having a bad day and wanted to hang out with my best friend,"

"What happened?"

"I spilt tea all over my journal this morning and ruined every page except for the ones where Seyong's name is mentioned. It's like the tea was scared to ruin his stupid name. Then I'm dragged to lunch where all he does is make stupid little comments aimed at me because it's impossible for him to act like a civilized human being. He's just a massive jerk,"

"Do you feel better now?"

"No,"

"Good thing you have me then, so where do you want to go?"

"I'm hungry," I shrugged.

"That's what happens when you leave lunch without actually eating,"

"I didn't want to play 'Guess What Seyong Says Next' for the rest of the afternoon,"

"Well, we can go down to the market and get some street food, there's this little boutique down there that I seen a few days ago that have something you might like,"

"Okay, but food first,"

"Food first," he nodded.

We talked while we made our way down to the market. Zelo was leaving for tour in three weeks so he was bound to get really busy soon. It always happens before he goes on tour, I barely see him except for at the university.

We found a vender almost as soon as we arrived, we sat and ate for about an hour, not consistently eating obviously. I was already enjoying myself more sitting here eating rice cake in a market with Zelo than sitting in a restaurant with Seyong next to me.

"So I was walking around here a few days ago and came across this little shop in the back that I knew you would like, it's full of trinkets and cool little books and stuff like that. I found this one leather bound journal type book that I figured you'd love but I had no real reason to but it for you, not that I need one, I just didn't know if you would use it," he kind of rambled on.

"I would have found something to use it for," shrugged.

"Yeah, well you can use it as a journal considering you ruined your one. You'll need one while I'm on tour, who else are you going to rant too?" he winked.

"It's over here somewhere, look around while I find it," he smiled as we entered the store, he went left so I decided to look over to the right.

He was right, it was full of a lot of little wooden sculptures and trinkets, most were handmade from leather or different kinds of fabric.

"Here it is," he handed me a red leather bound journal with leaf imprints on the cover that folder over itself, it was held closed by a strip of brown leather that wrapped around the book, with a metal leaf pendant on the end.

"Do you like it?"

"It's really pretty," I nodded.

"Good," he smiled taking it back and making his way over to the cashier.