Chapter Seventeen

Day By Day {MYNAME}

I sat on the bench outside the front of the zoo gates waiting for Insoo. He was suppose to be here twenty minutes ago, I'm honestly not even sure why he wanted to go to the zoo, or why I'd agree to do it. I mean he said he wanted to apologize for Seyong and stuff but there was no need for him to apologize for Seyong and even so he could have just taken me to a cafe or something. I didn't understand why he felt it was his responsibility to apologize for his friend, but here I was, sitting in front of the zoo waiting for him.

I pulled my phone from my pocket to ring him but paused when I seen Seyong walking up the path, he stopped when he saw me then made his way towards me. What's going on?

"Hey," he said when he reached me, I just stared at him.

"It's rude to ignore someone you know," he raised an eyebrow.

"Hi," I sighed still frowning.

"What are you doing here?" he asked. I wanted to completely ignore him, but I figured it would be better to just answer him so he'd leave.

"Waiting for Insoo," I stated bluntly.

"Interesting," he smirked nodding, I just stared at him again.

"I'm suppose to meet him here too," he said when I didn't question him. I guess he likes the sounds of his own voice.

"What?"

"Yeah, I'll call him and see where he is," he didn't sounds so surprised. Why was he even here?

SEYONG

I sat down next to her, she was clearly uncomfortable but I didn't move. She'd been avoiding me for just about two weeks and it was starting to bother me. Not because she was avoiding me, I could care less if she wanted to be around me or not. I just didn't like the extreme lengths she was going to, like going out with her giant friend most days she wasn't at the university, if not him then a shorter guy, Micky, I think she said his name was, she'd even started practicing late with that Kwangmin guy. I wonder what their 'practice' consisted of. Anyway, she was going to have to be comfortable around me at some point.

I pulled my phone from my pocket and hit speed dial, the phone rang twice before he answered.

"Hello?"

"Hey, where are you?"

"Oh, yeah, I'm not coming," I paused, Eunji was watching me as I spoke to him.

"Oh?" I said carefully.

"I got her there like I said I would, I'm not going to be your buffer. You need to fix it on your own. But if you make it worse, I'm not helping you anymore. I'm already going to be in enough trouble for this,"

"Okay,"

"I'm serious, don't be an and don't upset her. Swallow your pride for five minutes and genuinely apologize to her," his tone was serious.

"Okay, I'll see you soon," I hung up. If I tell her he wasn't coming she'll leave. Okay so maybe I care a little that she's ignoring and avoiding me. But if I tell her he's not coming she will definitely leave, she barely wants to sit here next to me, I'm surprised she hasn't already left. If I want her to stay I'll have to lie to her.

"He said he's running late, and to go in. He'll find us when he gets here,"

EUNJI

He had sat close enough to me for me to be able to hear what Insoo had said, they'd planned this? If Insoo wasn't coming there was no way was staying here with him. Why should I? So he can fake an apology and be an all day? That or the entire time we spent together would be awkward, no, I'm not subjecting myself to more scrutiny from him.

There was no way a day with Seyong would end well for me.I wanted to get up and leave, and I was going to, until Zelo's voice popped into my head;

~Flashback~

"You can't keep avoiding the dorm because he's there,"

"I'm not,"

"You are. You don't want to go home because you don't want to be around Seyong. I understand he unintentionally almost drowned you, but you can't blame him completely. He didn't know for sure you couldn't swim and he didn't know that you have PTSD when it comes to water. You didn't drown. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not defending him, it's clear the guy's a and only wants one thing from you. But that doesn't mean he doesn't feel bad for what happened, and you can't keep avoiding him. You haven't even given him the chance to apologize and whether you realize it or not, you need to hear him do so, so you can stop getting so anxious about going home. You're going to make yourself sick,"

~End~

"Are you coming?" he asked.

"Yeah," I sighed. I can leave at anytime, I told myself as I followed him to the entrance.

***

We'd been walking around for maybe ten minutes but it felt like hours. It was awkward and uncomfortable, and neither of us talked which just made the atmosphere worse. We walked together, to everyone else it probably looked like we were complete strangers. I hugged myself following behind him slightly. I wasn't really sure what else to do. Why didn't I just leave?

"Let's go in there," he pointed to a large blue building, I just nodded and followed him.

As we got closer to the blue building I noticed the word 'AQUARIUM' written down the side in big white letters. I stopped dead, which caused him to frowned when he realized I'd stopped walking.

"What?"

"Can we go somewhere else?" I chewed on my bottom lip.

"Why?"

"I don't want to go in there,"

"You were fine to go in there less than a minute ago," he frowned walking back towards me.

"I didn't know it was an aquarium then,"

"You wont even be touching the water," he reached for my hand.

"I'm not going in there," I took a step back.

"You'll have to face your fear sometime,"

"I am not going in there,"

SEYONG

"Why not?"

"Seriously?" the color had drained from her face.

"It's completely safe, you'll be fine," I grabbed her hand and lead her towards the aquarium.

"Seyong stop," her voice was full of panic.

"I'm trying to help you," I paused.

"Seyong, let of me or I'll scream," she stated seriously, looking me directly in the eye, she hadn't done that since the beach.

"Eunji," I rolled my eyes.

"You're not making me go in there," she refused, she was almost as white as paper

The pure fear in her eyes resurfaces the guilt I felt after she almost drowned. Her eyes looked shaky and she kept blinking. I sighed letting go of her hand, and she instantly took a step away from me.

"I'm sorry," I sighed again.

EUNJI

I couldn't tell if he was being serious or if he was playing another one of his games. Trying to lure me into a false sense of security so he could try and drag me into the aquarium. He had to be playing once of his mind games.

"Okay," I nodded.

"That's it?" he frowned.

"What?"

"I just apologized and you're not even going to accept it?" his mood flipped just like that, I guess he wasn't joking.

"What are you apologizing for exactly?" I asked carefully,

"Trying to make you go in there, mostly for almost drowning you thing," he avoided looking at me, rubbing the back of his neck.

"I accept your apology," I frowned nodding.

"What now?" he spoke more to himself than me but I answered anyway.

"We could get something to eat," I suggested.

Honestly, I contemplated just going home but Zelo was right; I couldn't keep avoiding him and he'd seemed genuine in his apology. Eating a meal together couldn't hurt, right?

"You don't want to walk around some more?"

"Not really,"

"Okay, let's get some lunch," he nodded.

***

Seyong had gone to order our food, we were sitting in the food court. My phone buzzed in my pocket and 'Insoo' flashed across my screen.

"Hello,"

"Hey, sorry, I wont be able to make it. Something came up," I heard Jiyeon laughed in the background.

"Did you plan on showing up in the first place?"

"I though about it, are you still with him?" he asked.

"Is who with who?" Jiyeon's voice appeared again.

"Yeah, we're about to have some lunch,"

"You don't sound so enthusiastic, did he apologize?"

"Yeah, it's just awkward right now,"

"You can always leave if you don't feel comfortable," he stated.

"No, it's okay, I can't avoid him forever," I sighed.

"Is everything else okay?"

"Yeah, we're just going to eat then probably go back to the dorm,"

"Okay, we'll see you later tonight then,"

INSOO

I hung the phone up and rolled over to see a very angry looking Jiyeon. Needless to say I didn't tell Jiyeon about my little plan because I know she would never let me do it, it was better for her to be mad at me later.

"What did you do?"

"I sent Seyong and Eunji to the zoo,"

"What?"

"The tension in that house wasn't good for anyone, they needed to sort it out, he needed to fix it,"

"Why couldn't he have done that on his own?"

"With her avoiding him?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Why didn't we all go then?"

"For one, you still want to hit him every time you see him, and secondly; you're very protective of her, you wouldn't have left them alone to talk,"

"Why didn't you go then?"

"Because he wouldn't have apologized,"

"Why not?"

"Because he's Seyong," I shrugged.

"That's not a reason,"

"I'm sorry I kept this from you, but they needed to talk. They went to a public place, full of people. She could have left at any point, she had a choice," I explained.

She stayed quiet after that, but she still wasn't happy about it. I hadn't expected her to be.

JIYEON

"I'm sorry I kept this from you, but they needed to talk. They went to a public place, full of people. She could have left at any point, she had a choice," 

I wanted to argue the point, I was seriously irritated that he had gone behind my back and sent Eunji unknowingly to spend a day with that egotistical who has only ever upset her or tried to kill her. I don't care if it was an accident or if he didn't know that she couldn't swim, he'd still been responsible for luring her out their and throwing her into the water. I also find it hard to believe that she didn't tell him she couldn't swim.

But even though I wanted to argue with him or at least vent the anger I felt, I can't exactly be mad at him for keeping something a small as trying to help his friend when I'm keeping something as big as being pregnant from him.

EUNJI

"Here," Seyong placed the tray of food down on the table then sat opposite me.

"So, why are you so scared of water?" he asked handing me a spoon for the bowl of soup in front of me.

"I, ah, something happened when I was younger and I haven't been able to get in the water since,"

"What happened?"

"Something," I dead panned.

"Okay," he mumbled.

I wondered how long it will be before he turns back into an .