Chapter Twenty One

Day By Day {MYNAME}

I made my way down the side walk towards the B.A.P apartment. Everyone had gone out today, even Seyong, Jiyeon was busy with her studies which was making Insoo mope around the dorm. He'd called her to see if she wanted to go to lunch but she said she was busy so he's gone to the company to dance instead. I didn't exactly want to be at home by myself so I decided to go see Zelo.

I rang the bell and waited.

"Good morning beautiful," Daehyun greeted through the speaker.

"Hey Dae, is Zelo home?"

"You know, I feel like you're just using me to get to my friends," he sighed.

"Now why would I do that?"

"I don't know,"

"Are you going to let me in, or are you going to mope on the other side of the door all day?"

"Come in," he buzzed me in.

I made my way up the their floor, Daehyun was waiting in the doorway for me and smiled when I arrived.

"How have you been?" He asked pushing the door open for me.

"Good," I nodded.

"Yourself?"

"Busy, busy, busy," he sighed.

"As always," I smirked as I sat down on their lounge.

"It's good to be busy, what brings you to our dorm on this fine day?" he closed the door.

"I was bored and home alone, I figured Zelo might want to go do something," I shrugged.

"He's still sleeping," he stated as Zelo sluggishly wandered out of their room shirtless and scratching his head.

"Or not," Dae muttered.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" his voice was still rough.

"I came to see if you wanted to go do something,"

"If that something involves lounging around all day and not going outside, sure," he nodded rubbing his eyes.

"You're no fun," I pouted.

"Where do you want to go?" Dae sat next to me.

"It's okay, we'll just lounge around here," I shrugged.

"You know what I feel like? Seafood pancake," Dae nodded.

"We'll order lunch,"

"But I want Dongnae pajeon, and it's better fresh and no one around here makes it properly," he pouted this time.

"Well it's not like we can just go to Busan so your mother can make it,"

"Will you make it for me?"

"Do you have everything here?" I sighed.

"No, we'll have to go to the fish market,"

"How long has it been since you've been home?"

"Too long,"

"Okay, let's go to the fish market then," I nodded.

"Do you want to come?" I asked Zelo who'd been frowning at us as we talked.

"No, enjoy your date," he shrugged.

"Okay, I'll go get changed, then we'll go," Dae stood up.

"Are you okay?" I asked Zelo once Dae had gone off to get changed.

"Just tired," he nodded.

"Would you like to request anything? Apparently I'm a chief today,"

"No, you know he only wants it so you have to go to the market, he was in Busan less than a month ago,"

"I know," I nodded.

"I would have gone out, I'm just so exhausted,"

"It's fine, I don't mind just hanging out here all day, I just didn't want to do the same thing alone at the dorm,"

"Okay, let's go," Daehyun came out wearing black skinny jeans and a blue button up shirt that was completely ed, but he had a white t-shirt underneath.

"Are you sure you don't want anything?" I double checked with Zelo.

"I'm fine," he nodded.

***

"So what do we need?" I asked as we entered the market.

"I have no idea, I'll have to ring my mother," he shrugged.

"You do that," I nodded,

"I'm just going to go out there where there's less noise," He left the market.

I slowly walked down the isle looking at the numerous stalls full of seafood buying the basic things, baby octopus, green onion, squid.

"Eunji?" I heard a familiar voice.

"Mmm?" I looked up to see Seyong frowning at me,

"What are you doing here?" he stilted his head slightly, it sort of reminded me of a confused puppy when they tilt their head and only have one ear up.

"I ah, needed stuff to make seafood pancake,"

"Why not just buy some?"

"My friend wanted a specific recipe,"

"Friend?" he frowned.

"Why are you here? I did the shopping yesterday, did I forget something?"

"No, I like coming here the smell reminds me of home,"

"Mum said we need," Daehyun wrapped a arm around my waist pausing half way through his sentence when he noticed Seyong.

"Who's this? Was he bothering you?" he frowned at Seyong.

"What?" Seyong frowned back.

"No, it's fine this is Seyong, he's in Gunwoo's group,"

"Oh," Dae nodded.

"Gunwoo's group?" Seyong raised and eyebrow looking offended.

"Seyong this is Daehyun,"

"Are you two dating?" I frowned at his sudden question.

"Why is that your business?" Daehyun asked.

SEYONG

Who the hell did this guy think he was? It was a simple question it required a simple answer; yes or no? Either they're not dating and he's way too friendly with her or they are dating and he's too embarrassed to admit it. Why did it matter to me?

"Ah, so what did your mum say we needed?" Eunji was chewing on her bottom lip.

"I can't ask a simple question?"

"I answered your question,"

"A question isn't and answer to a question,"

"Its the only answer you're getting,"

"How close are you two exactly?" I frowned.

"As in out relationship or vicinity? You'll have to be more specific with your questions," he retorted.

EUNJI

Seyong attempted to do the same thing with Dae that he had with Kwangmin by speaking quickly but it didn't seem to be working. That just irritated Seyong.

"I'm sorry, we were in the middle of shopping," I apologized to Seyong in an attempt to stop the bantering.

"What did you mother say we needed for Dongnae pajeon?"

"Why are you making Dongnae pajeon?"

"Why do you ask so many questions?" Daehyun frowned.

"Dae missed Busan, and he wanted it," I shrugged answering Seyong.

"You're from Busan?" Seyong's expression changed.

"Yeah, why?"

"Seyong's from Busan too,"

"Really?" Daehyun's expression changed this time - does the mention of Busan release endorphins or something in someone who's from there?

"Yeah, my parents live like five minutes from the beach," Seyong nodded.

"Can we please finish getting what we need? The smell is kind of making me hungry," I sighed.

"Why don't we get some lunch then," Dae smiled at pulling me a little closer to him, Seyong gave him a weird look.

"Okay," I nodded.

"I'll see you back at the dorm," I said goodbye to Seyong.

"Why don't you join us?" Dae extended the invitation to Seyong.

"What?" I frowned - you two were basically just at each others throats.

"You said he wasn't bothering you, and it's always nice to meet someone from Busan,"

"You two were just..."

"Yeah but he's from Busan, he can't be that bad," Dae shrugged - what just happened?

"So lunch?"He turned his attention back to Seyong.

"I could eat," he nodded.

"Come one then," he turned me around and directed me out of the market, hand still around my waist.

SEYONG

"Here, give me those," Daehyun took the bags from Eunji.

Where they really dating? They seemed like they were I mean they would have to be really close friends to be walking together like that. Even so I would be more inclined to believe they were dating. But why date him? I thought she didn't have a boyfriend? Why hadn't she mentioned him before? Does he know about her numerous friend being male? Not that I care who she dates, why would I?

I followed behind them until we got to a small restaurant, we were seated in a booth near the window, Eunji went in and sat closest to the window, Daehyun next to her and I sat across from him.

"So what do you want?" Daehyun asked Eunji.

"I don't mind, whatever you feel like" she shrugged.

"I'm thinking seafood pancake," he hummed.

"Aren't you making that later, why don't we get fried chicken," I'm not sure why but I felt the need to disagree with him - why should he choose for her?

"Why don't you get both? There's three of us, it's not like one dish is going to be enough anyway," Eunji stated, she looked a little uncomfortable. Not that I look at her close enough to know what she's feeling.

"Okay," Daehyun nodded.

EUNJI

Seyong seemed to be analyzing every move Dae made and Dae was doing the same thing to him. I'm not sure if they liked or hated each other, either way it was very awkward sitting here.

"So are you two dating?" Seyong asked again.

"Are we?" Dae smirked at me, Seyong frowned - why was he acting weird?

"Are you serious right now?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I see," Seyong nodded

"We're not dating,"

"We're totally dating," Dae smirked.

"Dae,"

"Okay, we're not dating, but only because she's still waiting for Zelo to return her feelings, he's so lucky," Dae continued to make jokes.

"We're not dating and the only love I feel for Zelo is completely platonic," I sighed.

"Okay, we're just close friends," he winked, I could see by the look on Seyong's face he had misinterpreted the comment.

"That's not what he meant,"

"What? Oh, no I would never sleep with Eunji, I mean not that she's not... But she's like a little sister," Daehyun explained, Seyong nodded slowly.

They started talking civilly after that, like they'd been friends for a long time and hadn't seen each other in a while. I just sat there observing their conversation, which started off being mainly about Busan.

I sighed pulling my phone from my pocket and messaged Zelo.

Save me!

-Eunji

Save you from what?

-Zelo

We ran into Seyong.

-Eunji

So leave with Daehyun?

-Zelo

Dae invited him to lunch so they could bond over their Busan-ness. Come save me, I feel like I'm a third wheel on some strange date...

-Eunji

Oh cool, Busan bonding. As much as I would love to see them interacting I still don't want to go out. Sorry but you're on your own today. Take notes though, I'd like to know more about the Busan behavior.

-Zelo

You and your Busan theory.

-Eunji

"Oh, Bang wanted to know if you would help him on a new track?" Dae turned to me

"I don't think so," I shook my head.

"Oh come on, the last tracks you did was amazing. It that no one knows you had any part in them,"

"I only really worked on one actual track," I retorted.

"You write music?" Seyong raised an eyebrow.

"Kind of," I shrugged.

"Kind of?" Dae mocked rolling his eyes.

"She kind of writes music, like I'm kind of attractive. She's amazing at it, the only song she has out there however, doesn't have her name on it but it was one of the most popular songs on that album," Daehyun continued to praise which only made me uncomfortable and a little embarrassed.

"Bang did most of the work,"

"Bang wrote the rap,"

"Can we stop talking about this now, Bang is capable of writing the track he doesn't need my help,"

"He asked for your help with this album, besides he wants your help,"

"If I say I'll think about it can we stop talking about it?"

"No, because that means no," Dae stated.

"Why don't you want to do it?" Seyong frowned at me.

"I don't want to use my friends popularity to get my own name out there. I want to do it myself,"

"We'll just do what we did with the last one, you wont even have to put your name on it,"

"I'll talk to Bang about it," I sighed as out food arrived.

***

"We should get milkshakes," Dae nodded.

"Sounds good to me," Seyong agreed.

"Okay,"

"What one?" they both looked at me.

"You pick, I need to go to the bathroom," I looked at Dae.

SEYONG

Daehyun moved so she could get out of the booth to go to the bathroom, I looked through the menu,

"Should we order her strawberry? She likes pink right?"

"She likes pink, but she wont drink strawberry," he shook his head.

"No?" I raised an eyebrow.

"She hates strawberries, hasn't eaten them since I've know her, the best bet would be to get her blueberry or banana, she likes those,"

"Or ice coffee," he added.

"You seem to know a lot about her," I muttered looking through the list of drink options.

"You seem to want to," he smirked at me.

"What? No," I frowned.

"Right, well I've known her almost as long as I've known Zelo so if you ever want to not know more about her I can help,"

"I'm going to go order these, what did you want?" I ignored his comment.

"Ice chocolate,"he shrugged.

"And Eunji?"

"You should probably get her ice coffee, she'll need it later,"

I was already at the counter by the time I registered what he'd said. What does he mean she'll need it later? What exactly was she going to be doing? I thought they weren't dating? Were they just friends with benefits? That makes no sense, he seems to care about her too much to do that, but does he like her in a completely platonic way or does he want to be more with her?

Why do you care? I don't, it's none of my business.

I shook the thought from my head and made my way back to our booth just as Eunji was sliding back into her seat.

"Here you go," the waitress came over and place our drinks down.

"Oh, coffee," she smiled at Daehyun.

"Don't look at me, Seyong ordered," Daehyun shrugged, I was going to say something but she spoke first.

"Ah, thank you," she gave me a small smile, it was the first time that she'd actually smiled at me.

She lifted the glass to her lips to take a drink, when she lowered it she had a small amount of cream on her top lip, I don't think she noticed.

EUNJI

Seyong was smirking at me, he was strangely nice today. Actually he'd been nice a lot recently but I was still cautious of him, the last time I let my guard down and accepted the fact he might actually be tolerable he switched back.

"Come here," Seyong motioned for me to lean forward as he picked up a napkin.

"What?" I frowned.

"Unless you want me to kiss you," he smirked raising an eyebrow.

"What? No,"

"Haven't you seen Secret Garden?" he pointed at his top lip.

"Here," Daehyun shook his head as he picked up a napkin, he gently took my chin and turned my head to face him before wiping my upper lip.

"I was going to do that," Seyong frowned.

"Ah, thanks," I looked down at the table feeling a little embarrassed.

"Should we finish these and go?" Daehyun suggested.

"Sure,"I nodded.

"I'll walk her home, I'm going there anyway," Seyong shrugged.

"I'm going to their dorm before I go home,"

"Oh okay," he nodded, this was really weird.

***

 

"How'd your Busan date go?" Zelo asked leaning against the counter while I cooked.

"If that was a date I'm going to continue to be single,"

"Was it that bad?"

"No, it was just awkward. Seyong was nice the entire time and the only remotely suggestive comment was asking if I wanted him to kiss me,"

"Isn't that a good thing? Him being nice I mean, not the whole kissing thing,"

"Yeah I guess, I'm just waiting for him to flip," I shrugged.

"Maybe he wont?"

"I doubt it,"

"So he just immediately got along with Daehyun after Busan was mentioned?" he changed the subject.

"Yeah kind of, I mean, Daehyun was defensive and Seyong was Seyong until they had the fact they were both from Busan to bond over. Then they were pretty friendly, mostly. Seyong did glare or frown at him sometimes. If I didn't know better I would have thought he was jealous,"

"Maybe he was,"

"Yeah, right,"

"Maybe you should give him another chance? He might surprise you this time,"

"Right, Dae your food is ready," I called over my shoulder to Daehyun who was lying over the lounge.

"I'm still full from lunch, just put them in a container and give it to Seyong,"

"Why don't I just put them in the fridge for you for later?"

"They're not as good when they're cold, just take them with you, if you don't want to give them to Seyong then eat them while you study," he shrugged.

"Okay," I sighed.

SEYONG

"Here," Eunji handed me a container full of seafood pancake once she got home.

"You made me some?" I frowned at her.

"Dae didn't want it anymore and apparently they're not as good cold so I was told to give it to you. But if you don't want it I'll just put it in the fridge for everyone else,"

"You don't want it?"

"Not really, but I figured it being a Busan specific food you might," she shrugged.

"Thank you," I nodded taking the container, she frowned before nodding and making her way into the kitchen.

I got up and followed her, she stood behind the counter making herself coffee while rubbing her eyes, she seemed to be drained and tired.

"Maybe you should sleep?" I found myself saying, even I frowned at myself this time.

"I have some studying to do, I thought maybe the ice coffee would be enough to keep me up," she shrugged, so that's what he meant by she'll need it later.

"Oh," I just nodded popping the container open and taking a bite.

"Is it good?" she asked pouring water into her cup.

"Yeah," I nodded, honestly it was close to the way my mother makes it.

"I'm glad you like it," she yawned.

"Do you want some?"

"No, it's all yours," she said before taking her coffee with her up to her room.