Chapter Fourteen

Day By Day {MYNAME}

INSOO

"We should go to the beach today," Seyong casually mentioned at breakfast, while staring at Eunji.

I had to admit, he'd been less of an to her this week. If he muttered something about her, she didn't hear it, but nothing much had changed; he was still trying to sleep with her. He was just trying a different technique, I guess.

"I don't really feel like going out," Gunwoo shrugged.

"But it's such a nice day to go to the beach, the weather is perfect," Seyong retorted.

"It's kind of hot," Eunji frowned.

"Which is the perfect weather for a beach day," he insisted, he was definitely pushing it. What's your plan?

"I've got an assignment due next week that I should start," Chaejin stated taking his dishes out.

"And I've already got plans with friends," JunQ followed Chaejin, but that didn't bother Seyong, his attention was on Eunji.

"I think it's a good idea," Jiyeon winked at me. I would have agrees with her if I couldn't see Seyong conjuring up a plan, which, juding by the way he was looking at her, definitely involved Eunji.

"I miss the beach, I haven't been since I left Busan, let's go," Seyong bounced in his seat like a child.

"I don't really," Eunji started to speak but was cut off by Seyong.

"Come on, it'll be fun," he kept insisting, he wasn't going to let this go.

"Let's go," Jiyeon nodded.

"You guys go, I've got stuff to do," Gunwoo also left the room.

"So we're going?" Seyong smirked as he realized he was winning.

"I'm in," Jiyeon nodded.

"Sure," I shrugged nodding , it was better than him being moody all day.

"Eunji?" Seyong turned his attention directly towards Eunji.

"I don't," but she was cut off again, this time by Jiyeon.

"Come one, it'll be good to get out of the house, you've been stressed out all week. Unless you was to go rehearse some more with Kwangmin?"Jiyeon challenged.

"No," she frowned.

"Let yourself have a break, you don't even have to swim. You can just mope on the beach if you like,"

"Okay," she sighed but didn't seem to want to go.

JIYEON

I figured the beach would be a good idea, a good distraction at least. I was just buying time at the moment. I'd gone back to the hospital and had the ultrasound; the good news was the baby is in fact Insoo's, the bad news is they'd found some abnormality that they wanted to look into. I know I should tell him, really I do, and I fully intended too. I just need to know what the abnormality is before hand. I'm going back for more tests in two days but at this point I just didn't want to tell him without knowing what exactly is going on.

I know it seems like I'm avoiding it, or putting it off but what if the results are really bad? Am I suppose to just go tell him I'm pregnant, potentially make him happy, and then tell him bad news two days later? It's better to tell him everything all at once, it's better if I wait the extra two days. I've already waited a week to tell him, what's two more days?

SEYONG

They'd gone upstairs to get changed after packing us lunch while we got ready.

"What are you up too?" Insoo frowned at me as we packed the car.

"Nothing," I shrugged.

"You went to the beach three weeks ago, with those twins," he raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, I love twins," I smirked nodding.

"So what are you up too?"

"I just thought it would be nice to go somewhere to have fun and cool off. Maybe I could try and get to know the girls better? Start becoming friend even?" I lied through through my teeth and he knew it but he just stayed quiet.

I was really disappointed when they came down the stairs, I mean Jiyeon was, wow. But Eunji, she was completely covered, well not completely covered but considering we were going to the beach, it was a lot of clothing. She was wearing dark denim shorts with a see through shirt and a white singlet underneath. Although she was wearing a bikini top, which I could see poking out of under the singlet, it didn't look like she was going to take her shirt off. Maybe she just needs a nudge?

EUNJI

We sat down on the big blanket under the beach umbrella while Jiyeon started pulling containers of food from the bag. She didn't want to leave food in the heat so we'd decided to eat before they went off to swim. Seyong went over to get everyone a drink, he handed me a bottle of Sprite, I twisted the cap and the Sprite sprayed all over my shirt. I sighed an put the bottle on the ground.

"Sorry, I forgot to warn you that I dropped one of the bottles," Seyong apologized frowning, Insoo frowned at his friend.

"It's fine," I sighed again not really sure what to do.

"I'd offer you a shirt, but I didn't bring one," Ji frowned.

"Here Eunji," Insoo pulled his shirt off and handed it too me.

"No, it's okay. I'll just rinse this one off in the water. It shouldn't take too long to dry," I could just wrap myself in a towel, that would work, right?

"You don't want to get sunburn, I don't mind honestly, it's not like I'll need it anyway," he smirked at me while giving Seyong a strange look. I was sitting under an umbrella I wasn't going to get burnt, did he know about my scar?

"She said she doesn't want it," Seyong snapped.

"Do you want her to get sunburn?" Insoo seemed to be challenging him, or at least the look on Seyong's face gave me that impression. It wasn't like he'd done it on purpose.

Seyong rolled his eyes but stayed quiet and I reluctantly accepted Insoo's shirt. I got up and stood on an angle I thought would hide the scar from view then changed shirts. 

What exactly was so fun about this?

***

I was sitting on the blanket writing in my journal and messaging Zelo when he had a break, I felt a little guilty about what I'd written about Insoo. Insoo and Ji had gone off somewhere to explore I guess. So I was alone on the beach, Seyong had taken to the water the first chance he got.

Seyong was wondering around the shallow part of the water well not shallow but shallower; he was about knee deep. His hair was dripping and somehow still perfect, the water on his skin made his body glisten in the light. He was seriously attractive.

"Hey Eunji! come look at this!" he shouted as he flung his hair to the side, snapping my attention back into reality. He looked rather excited about what he'd found.

I sighed debating whether to go or not, in the end I closed me journal getting up to go see what had him so excited. I walked out to were he was,  the water sat about twenty centimeters above my knees which made me extremely uneasy. I looked down to see what he was staring at, but there was nothing there.

"I guess it left?" he shrugged with a strange look.

"I'm going back now," I nodded but before I could turn around, he picked me up and flung me over his shoulder.

"Seyong, put me down!" I panicked.

"Why?" he walked out further until the water was around his waist.

"Seyong I can't swim, put me down," my chest tightened.

"Okay," he nodded, I calmed slightly when he appeared to be putting me down, but he was just gaining momentum.

He threw me out deeper into the water, past the sandbar. I screamed as loud as I could as I hit the water, I panicked more as I watched the water cover my face, the surfaced got further away as I submerged deeper.

INSOO

We were walking back to the blanket after we were done 'exploring' when we heard the high pitched scream. There was no one else here today but us, or at least there wasn't when we'd wondered off. Jiyeon started running towards our things, Eunji wasn't there and that only put Jiyeon into a panic. I scanned the beach and seen Seyong smirking, looking out into the ocean where there were arms flailing.

"Is that Eunji? What's she doing?" I frowned.

"She can't swim," Jiyeon stared wide-eyed.

I started running before Jiyeon had the chance to move. Seyong was watching the water, frowning at the splashing arms.

"What are you doing? Help her!" I yelled trying to get out to her.

"We're just messing around, she's trying to get attention," his face quickly changed as he defended himself.

"She can't swim!" I yelled as I reached them, his expression changed - was that guilt?

I pushed him out of the way and dived into the water grabbing hold of Eunji who started frantically coughing once her head was above the water. She clung to me for life.

"What the hell is wrong with you? She was drowning and you just stood there watching? Accusing her of being an attention seeker?" Jiyeon yelled at Seyong once we got back to shore,

"Come one, he didn't know," I tried to defend him, even if I did want to hit him in the face for his stupidity. From the corner of my eye I got a glimpse of guilt. Seriously?

"That's not the point. She wouldn't have gone out there on her own, and she wouldn't have let him throw her in. How long where you going to just watch her? She would have told him she couldn't swim," she growled as I put Eunji down on the blanket.

"I didn't," Eunji struggled to get out, she was having trouble breathing. Seyong looked away long enough for me to figure she did tell him. You idiot.

"He was just playing. He wouldn't have let her drown," I stated even though I wasn't sure myself how long he would have waited before he realized.

"I don't know that, all I know is that he wanted to get my sister wet and almost killed her," Jiyeon glared as she tried to calm Eunji down.

"Why isn't she calming down?" Seyong frowned at Eunji with guilt seeping through his facial expression.

"She's having a panic attack, it generally happens when you think you're going to die," Jiyeon shot bitterly.

"Can I help?"

"Don't you think you've helped enough?" she frowned at him, she spoke quietly to Eunji and started counting backwards from 100 encouraging Eunji to join it.

Seyong went to speak again but I directed him away from the girls, he didn't argue just sighed.

"Are you happy now?" I frowned at him.

"It's not like I did it knowing she would react like that," he defended.

"But you knew she couldn't swim," I stated.

"She only told me seconds before I threw her,"

"You still knew, and you let her frail around thinking she was going to die?"

"I didn't do it on purpose,"

"Well, you need to find a way to apologize,"

"Why?"

"Why? Because you just threw he in the water knowing she couldn't swim, because she's over there having a panic attack, because she lie for you telling her sister that you didn't know she couldn't swim. And because she has done nothing to deserve all the crap you give her," I growled.

"Okay, I get it," he sighed.

"Can we go home now?" Eunji asked as we rejoined them.

***

EUNJI

I pulled the sleeves of my cardigan over my hands and sat on the lounge, Ji had been keeping a close eye on me from the second Insoo pulled me from the water and she  hadn't let Seyong anywhere near me. She reluctantly left an hour again with Insoo, I'm not sure where they'd gone, I wasn't really paying attention when she's told me. I'd still been avoiding Seyong though, sure it technically wasn't his fault, maybe he hadn't hear me when I said I couldn't swim or maybe he thought I was joking, but I was still cautious around him.

SEYONG

She was sitting on the lounge when I came down the stairs, she'd been avoiding me since we got home, not that Jiyeon would have let me near her anyway. I honestly felt guilty, I'd never felt guilty before. I thought she was lying when she said she couldn't swim, I figured she didn't want to get her hair wet. Sure, I was confused when she didn't swim back and slap me or something but I would have pulled her out before she drowned. I'm not that horrible a person.

She saw me and quickly got up making her way up stairs avoiding all eye contact with me. There was a pang in my chest, I guess it was guilt? I didn't like this.

INSOO

"He needs to stay away from her," Jiyeon ranted, she'd been doing it the whole way to her apartment.

"It's not like he would have let her drown," I defended.

"Are you seriously defending him right now?" she frowned at me.

"Okay, what he did was stupid but he didn't exactly know she couldn't swim. I'm just saying he wouldn't have let her drown," It wouldn't be the first time a girl told him she couldn't swim and was lying.

"And his excuse for upsetting her at lunch the other day?" she snapped.

"He doesn't have one, that was entirely his fault,"

"Do you want to know why she can't swim?" she changed, she wasn't angry anymore, she was just sad.

"Why?"

"She's afraid of water, she was in the car when our parents drove off the bridge. She's lucky some guy who witnessed the accident jumped in and saved her or she'd be gone too. So now she's terrified of water, she wont even got to an aquarium,"

"That must have been hard to deal with at a young age,"

"She doesn't remember all of it, at least she says she doesn't. But she remembers enough to be scared of confined spaces, water, conflict. She has anxiety attacks if someone starts yelling at her or around her for that matter. She couldn't get in the car for almost three months after the accident. She still blames herself for it, because they were on their way back from picking her up she thinks their death is her fault,"

No wonder Jiyeon is so protective over Eunji.