Chapter FIve

Day By Day {MYNAME}

"Eunji?" a voice called.

"Eunji, wake up. You're going to be late," the males voice was clearer this time.

"Late for what?" I grumbled.

"Your classes," I figured the voice belonged to Insoo.

"What's the time?" I yawned stretching.

"3:30," Insoo was standing at my door looking really awkward.

"What?" My eyes shot open and searched for my phone. I sighed realising I turned it off last night.

"I'll make you something to take while you get ready," he offered.

"That's okay," I shook my head.

"I don't mind," he shrugged.

"No, I mean, by the time I get ready my last class will already be over,"

"Oh, okay. Well, why don't you wake up and get dressed while I make us a late lunch? We can get to know each other and you can tell me a little more about Jiyeon?" he smiled.

"Okay,"

***

"So, my cooking isn't great, especially compared to Jiyeon's but I tried my best," he placed a pot in front of us and handed me a bowl of rice.

"It's okay, no one's cooking compares to Jiyeon's," I joked, mostly.

"Even your mothers?" he asked.

"Ah, I wouldn't know. I don't remember her cooking," I shrugged.

"Did something happen to her?" he frowned. In hindsight, I probably should have just told him she didn't cook.

"So what did you want to know about Jiyeon?" I asked eating some on the mystery soup he's cooked, it was actually pretty good.

He stared at me for a while then nodded before he spoke. We sat and ate as he asked me questions about Jiyeon, I answered most of them. He tried to ask about our parents but left it alone when I avoided answering it.

"So, why did you stop outside the gym?"

"Jiyeon recognized you," I shrugged.

"We'd only met each other once before and the lighting wasn't so great. How did she know I was me?" he frowned.

"She's good with faces, besides you knew it was her," I shrugged.

"She's really smart, huh?"

"Yeah, she started school a year before I did and graduated before everyone else our age. She got accepted to half of the universities she applied to, including one abroad but chose to stay here. I think it was more for mine and Gunwoo's sake rather than her own," I shrugged.

"Wow,"

"Yeah,"

"Why does she like me then?" he seemed to be joking but he was frowning.

"Maybe she's attracted to your clumsy," I shrugged again.

"What?" he frowned.

"Your stumble on the treadmill,"

"Oh, that," he laughed.

"Well maybe I was distracted by her beauty," he sounded serious but I laughed anyway.

"Too cheesy?"

"Yeah," I nodded and we both laughed.

"What are you two laughing at?" Seyong frowned walking into the room.

"Insoo's stupidity," I shrugged.

"Sorry,"  I bowed instantly apologizing.

"Oh, no, don't worry about it. Feel free to speak casually with me," he smiled. I could see Seyong frowning from the corner of my eye.

"Well, you cooked so I'll clean," I gathered the dishes on the table, I could feel the awkward tension and it was making me uncomfortable.

I must have stood up too quickly, I gave myself a dizzy spell. My whole body swayed. I would have fallen if Insoo wasn't quick to grab my wrists and stabilized me.

"Are you okay?" he frowned.

"Yeah, I just stood too fast," I nodded

"Be careful," he smiled.

"You can let go of her now," Seyong snapped.

Insoo frowned at his friend but let go of my wrists, I gathered the last of the dishes and retreated with them to the kitchen.

"What was that?" I heard Insoo question.

"I don't know,"

"Are you jealous?"

"What? No,"

I was putting dishes in the sink when a glass slipped, I reached for it but it shattered as it hit the edge of the sink and I ended up with a hand full of broken glass.

"Eunji?" Insoo called.

"It's fine, just broke a glass," I sighed tipping my hand over the bin.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," I called back.

"You're bleeding," Seyong was standing in the doorway, a black expression on his face as he pointed at my hand.

I looked down, some of the glass was still stuck in my palm, blood dripped down to my fingertips. I sighed, trying to pull the small shards out of my hand. He stood there and frowned at me before rolling his eyes.

"Let me looked at it," he sighed as if it were a struggle to offer his services.

"It's fine," I shook my head.

"You're not going to be able to get it out on your own, I'll do it," his voice sounded bored.

"Really, I'm fine,"

"Sit down and let me help you," he demanded, rolling his eyes.

"Okay," I nodded.

"Where's Insoo?"

"How would I know?" he frowned.

I sat down at the dining room table as he went upstairs to get the first aid kit from the bathroom before sitting down in front of me. He was careful with taking the glass out. Who was this Seyong? Five minutes ago he was grumpy, and the time that I've been here not once has he actually been caring. I wonder if he's bipolar? I flinched when he sprayed antiseptic over my hand.

"Sorry," he frowned down at my hand as if it were my hands fault. Did he just apologise?

"It's okay,"

"It doesn't look too deep, you won't need stitches. I'll just wrap it up,"

"I didn't know you were a doctor," I joked.

"It's not that hard to figure out but if you want to waste your time going to the hospital," he frowned.

"It was a joke,"

"Oh, so what should we do tonight?" he asked.

"Pardon?"

"I was thinking a club or maybe a bar," he continued speaking.

"What are you talking about?"

"I figured the reason you said no was because you're one of those girls who have to go on a date first. So, we'll go out and have some fun, then we can come back and have some more fun," he winked.

"That's not, no," I frowned shaking my head.

"What?"

"I'm not going on a date and I'm not sleeping with you,"

"Why?"

"Why would I?"

"Because," he frowned.

"I'm not going," I shook my head cautiously.

"But I always get what I want," he looked like a child about to throw a tantrum.

"I'm still not going,"

"Fine, wrap your own hand," he snapped walking off, he stormed up the stairs and a door slammed a few seconds later.

I sighed and pulled the bandage from the box. Why does he assume that I would sleep with him? I'm definitely not going on a date with him especially knowing that he's expecting something afterwards. There was no way I was going to be one of his one and done girls.

"Let me help you," Insoo sighed walked into the room with a frown on his face.

"Thanks," I nodded handing him the bandage.

"Sorry about him,"

"He doesn't take rejection well, huh?" I shrugged.

"No, not really use to it. How does it feel being the first?" he smirked.

"Not so great, where's everyone else?" I tried changing the subject.

"Don't let him get to you. Chaejin's at the university, JunQ is at the company practicing, I think Gunwoo went to lunch with a friend, I'm not sure. Jiyeon should be back at her apartment by now, she actually rang me to check if you were here, apparently she couldn't get a hold of you," he explained as Seyong stormed down the stairs and out the front door.

"How long is he going to be like that?" I frowned.

"Not long, he'll go dance out his mood then come home and act like nothing happened. He's not going to admit he was rejected," he shook his head putting tape on to keep the bandage secure.

"Okay,"

"Don't worry, I'll go finish the dishes then we'll go down to the market, get some snacks and watch a drama. Sound okay?"

"Sure," I nodded.

***

"There is no way she's going to end up with him," I shook my head.

"Why not?"

"Because he's cruel and mean and only dating her to prove to his friends he can, at least the other guy is nice and genuinely cares about her,"

"No, that's not how these movies work, she'll want to go for the nice guy but she'll end up with the bad guy who'll change for her,"

"That's ridiculous, what girl actually does that?"

"You can't help who you fall for," he gave me a strange look.

"That's stupid," I rolled my eyes.

"Wanna bet on it?" he glared playfully, a smirk tugging at his lips.

"Fine,"

"If I win you owe me a favour, if you win; I owe you one,"

"Deal," I nodded.

"I'm home," Seyong called through the house, he sounded better.

"What are you doing?" he smiled walking into the room, it was the first time I'd seen him actually smile.

"We're watching a movie," Insoo smiled back at his friend. Seyong looked over as if he'd only just noticed my presence, his mood quickly switched from good to bad. He rolled his eyes walking off.

"I ignored him, he's just being moody. Maybe he's pregnant," Insoo pulled a fake shocked face which made me laugh.

"I'll talk to him," he assured me.

***

The drama ended - I lost the bet. I sighed crawling into bed turning my phone on, I hadn't checked it all day. I was surprised Zelo hadn't shown up at the door.

(14) Missed calls

(3) New Voice Mail

(10) New Messages

I scrolled through the missed calls, they were mostly from Jiyeon but there were a few from Zelo and one from Kwangmin. I checked the voice mail; the first one was just two seconds of silence as they hung up.

The second was from Zelo;

"Hey, where are you? Did you sleep in? Hurry up, I'm bored and Ricky isn't coming today,"

The last was from Jiyeon;

"Hey Eunji, call me when you get this. Zelo just rang me saying he can reach you,"

I deleted both messages and opened my text messages;

Jiyeon

- Can you message Zelo? He's worried about you.

- You're okay, right?

- Eunji, where are you?

- I just spoke to Insoo, ring me when you wake up.

Kwangmin

- Are you avoiding me? Is that why you're not here?

Zelo

- Why are you late?

- The MinTwins are annoying me, come save me!

- How do you get these two to shut up?

- Eunji!

- If you don't answer me I'm going to come over there.

- I'm serious

- I'm walking out the door

- You're lucky Jiyeon just text me

- Call me when you wake up Sleeping Beauty.

I laughed and sent them all a message, waited for replies. Today wasn't too bad, Insoo was really lovely, he'd checked my hand again before I'd made my way up here. I could see why Jiyeon was getting so attached to him. I let out a sigh and slowly drifted to sleep.