Chapter Two

Day By Day {MYNAME}

It's moving day, the car was packed and we were on our way to the dorm. Jiyeon was looking forward to seeing Insoo again, not that she'd admit it. She tried to hide it, or maybe she didn't realize. Either way I could see it. Gunwoo was also happy about the move, I guess because it meant they were a step closer to debut.

We pulled into the driveway, it didn't look like anyone else was here yet.

"We'll get our things in a little while, let's go look around first," Gunwoo stated ushering us to follow him.

We followed him up the driveway and into the small two-story house. I thought it was suppose to be a dorm? There were already a few pairs of shoes in the cupboard built under the staircase. Are Seyong and Insoo already here? We made our way through the house, past the kitchen into the lounge room where there were two guys just sitting on the floor next to a whole lot of boxes and flat pack furniture, some I assumed to be theirs. They weren't Insoo or Seyong, one of them look familiar though.

"Oh, hello," the blue haired boy quickly rose to his feet and bowed, his friend copied his actions.

"Hey," Gunwoo smiled casually, I assume the bow was more for our benefit considering they've know Gunwoo quite a while. Jiyeon bowed back and I followed her lead.

"You must be Gunwoo's sisters, I'm JunQ and this is Chaejin," blue hair introduced, Chaejin?

"This is Jiyeon and Eunji," Gunwoo pointed at us.

"Nice to meet you," JunQ smiled.

***

We'd sat down with JunQ and Chaejin while we waited for Insoo, Seyong, and their manager to arrive so we could distribute rooms. I wasn't as worried about living here after talking with JunQ and Chaejin. It turns out that Chaejin goes to the same university as I do, which is why I know his face. They're really easy to get along with which is good considering Jiyeon will only be here three days a week. She's got her own apartment closer to her university.

Insoo and Seyong arrived an hour later with their manager, Im Han Seung, they'd had a dance class or something. Jiyeon smiled when she saw him walk in. It was strange for her to show this much interest in a guy she barely knew. She wasn't really the type to date and she didn't get attached to guys. I'm not sure she even knew she was acting this way.

"Nice to see you again," Insoo smirked, Jiyeon smiled and was quick to replace her excitement with her I-don't-care expression paired followed by an eye roll.

"I'm sorry, who are you?" she frowned.

"You're cute when you're trying to be funny," he poked his tongue out.

"Okay kids, why don't we get everyone into a room," their manager smiled.

***

It didn't take too long to distribute the rooms, their manager paired everyone up and assigned rooms; Seyong and Insoo were in the second room, Gunwoo and the manager were in room three right next to ours, Chaejin and JunQ were in room four, finally in the master bedroom were Jiyeon and I. Seyong wasn't so happy about that decision.

"Why do they get the room with it's own bathroom? They're not even the idols," he frowned.

"They're female, they need their own privacy, it's different if you waltz into the bathroom when you're sharing a house with a girl," their manager tried poorly to justify his decision. Did Seyong scare him?

"That's stupid. So, what? Because they're girls they automatically get the biggest room with the extra closet and it's own bathroom? Kind of ist don't you think?" Seyong raised an eyebrow.

"Seyong has experience with ism," Insoo smirked.

"The girls get the room. End of story," he tried to sound stern.

"Whatever," Seyong rolled his eyes walking off.

"Let's get unpacked, there is more furniture being delievered in a few hours and the boys have practice in the morning," Han Seung stated clapping his hands as a signal to move.

***

Our room was huge with dark wooden floors and cream walls; two walk in closets, it's own bathroom and a sitting area. Two single beds were already places along the long wall, one under each window. Our boxes had already been brought up here by Gunwoo and JunQ.

"Pink or grey?" Jiyeon held up two packets of curtains.

"Pink,"

"Okay," she opened a packet after throwing one my way.

"We'll have to put grey ones up over there until we can get another pink set," she pointed to the window in the sitting area.

It didn't take long to unpack seeing as most of it was mine. Our beds were made; they matched with zebra printed covers, a shelf sat between the two beds, bedside tables on the opposite side of the beds, a large shaggy pink rug a shade or two lighter than the curtains sat in front of the closets. In the sitting area was an 'L' shaped desk sitting along the left wall, a small book shelf against the right one. The only thing left to unpack was our clothes, we had the closet in front of our own beds, Jiyeon on the side closest to bathroom and myself closest to the sitting area.

"They're cute huh?" she called from inside her closet.

"Who?" I asked hanging up some dresses.

"Well, all of them I guess, but Insoo and Seyong,"

"I guess,"

"I think they're cute," she hummed.

"If you're into that," I sighed.

"Into what?"

"Seyong's..." I trailed off.

"I'm sure he's not actually like that,"

"I've only met him twice, but I can't say my first impression of him was good,"

"Don't judge him just yet,"

"I'm not judging, I'm just stating my observations,"

"He appeared to be observing you too," I could hear the smirk in her voice.

"Seyong?"

"Yeah, he kept staring at you,"

"I get the feeling he stares at a lot of girls," I sighed.

"Eunji,"

"I'm done, I'm going to cook dinner," I stated sliding the empty boxes out of the closet closing the door.

"You can't, we've got no food,"

"Then I'll go down to the market and get some,"

"It's getting dark, take someone with you,"

I walked down the stairs, Chaejin and JunQ were assembling the table and chairs in the dinning room. Continuing through the house I found Gunwoo and Insoo in the lounge room putting the TV cabinet together.

"Have you finished unpacking?" Gunwoo asked trying to read the instructions.

"Yeah, I was just going to go down to the market to get some food for dinner, did you want anything?"

"Wait a little while and I'll come with you,"

"It's fine, it's just down the street,"

"You're not going on your own," his voice grew stern, which didn't happen often.

"Okay," I nodded.

"Eunji," he sighed feeling guilty.

"Hey Seyong, can you go down to the market with Eunji?" Insoo called to his friend who'd just entered the room.

"I don't want to," he shrugged.

"It's fine I'll wait for Gunwoo,"

"See, she'll wait,"

"Can you help Gunwoo then? I'll go with her," Insoo raised an eyebrow as if challenging him.

"Fine, I'll go to the market," Seyong sighed.

"Really, I'll just wait,"

"I said I'd go, so let's go," Seyong rolled his eyes, anxiety began to rise.

"I don't mind waiting,"

"Eunji, just go with Seyong, I'd rather you go now before it get's too much darker," Gunwoo went into big brother mode.

"Okay," I nodded.

I gathered my things walking out the door, Seyong walked slight behind me. We walked in silence nearly the whole way, it was the uncomfortable, awkward silence.

"Do you always do what you're told?" he frowned breaking the silence.

"Pardon?"

"You were trying really hard to get out of going with me, until your bother told you too," says the guys who refused to go with me.

"So?"

"You're kind of like a puppet,"

"I'm not a puppet," I frowned.

"Doing what you're told there and then without a complaint? Sounds like a puppet to me,"

"I just choose not to argue," I shrugged,

"Yeah, whatever," he sighed nudging himself between me and the edge of the road.

"What are you doing?"

"If you get hit by a car or something I'll have to listen to them whine and cry about it, I'm just rescuing myself from that," he shrugged.

We reached the market 10 minutes later, I wondered around looking for the essentials and a few other things, Seyong followed behind getting impatient.

"Are you almost done?" he sighed.

"Yes," I nodded.

"Hurry up," he rolled his eyes.

I got the last few things before lifting all the bags and exiting the market, Seyong walked slightly behind me with his arms folded over his chest. I'm glad the dorm wasn't too far, my arms started to hurt.

By the time we got home, the rest of the furniture had been delivered and most of it had been put together. Jiyeon had finished unpacking and was leaning against the kitchen island talking to Insoo who was helping Gunwoo mount the TV to the far wall above the TV cabinet, which was now full of DVD's.

"Oh, let me help you," Chaejin came past taking half of the bags, even though I was already in the kitchen.

"Thank you," I smiled lifting the remaining bags onto the island behind Jiyeon who had just notices my presents.

"Where's Seyong?" she frowned.

"He went upstairs," I shrugged as I began to put things away.

"Sorry, I should have gone with you," Insoo frowned giving me an apologetic look.

***

I helped Jiyeon make dinner which didn't take long, I was setting the table while she was putting rice into bowls. The table was quiet when we all sat down to eat, silence filled the house creating an awkward atmosphere, for me at least.

"This is amazing," Insoo praised Jiyeon who smiled.

"Thank you,"

"You should open your own restaurant," he winked at her,

A small conversation broke out after that, they began making plans to go out to a club together. The boys had training and their monthly evaluation this weekend so they'd decided we'd go next weekend. Apparently, I couldn't get out of going. Clubs weren't my type of good time but I guess it wouldn't kill me to go this once.

I finished first so I started on the dishes, one by one everyone else finished and placed their dishes next to the sink, except Seyong who dumped it in the sink causing mildly hot water to splash down the front of me.

"Here," Insoo handed me a tea towel as he sighed at his friend who was leaving the room.

"Thanks," I wiped the front of my shirt while he picked up a second one and started drying the dishes.

We chatted while we cleaned. He wasn't as bad as I'd thought he'd be, he even apologized for Seyong which he didn't need to. We finished cleaning the kitchen and I went off to bed after washing up. Jiyeon was already in bed reading a text book, I climbing into my own bed pulling the covers up and slowly drifted off to sleep.