Chapter Twenty Nine

Day By Day {MYNAME}

 

Insoo was in a remarkable good mood, not that he's not always in a good mood. The only difference being that this morning, he was practically dancing around the house. It was starting to freak me out. Had they got news of their debut?

If that was the case why is he the only one excited? He was so happy that he didn't even notice an extremely sleepy Jiyeon enter the room and sit on the lounge next to me. She leant her head on my shoulder.

"Why is he a morning person?" she grumbled before yawning.

"I don't know, are you feeling better today?" I asked.

"No, I'm going on strike against being female," she muttered.

"Do you want a coffee?"

"This is why you're my favorite sister," she leant back in the chair.

"I'm your only sister,"

"That's not true, we have Gunwoo," she smirked still not opening her eyes.

"I'll be right back," I laughed.

Insoo was still basically exploding with excitement after I'd finished Jiyeon's coffee and she'd drunk half of it. Seriously what is with him this morning?

"Hey, what are you so happy about?" Seyong joined us. He'd obviously just had a shower; his hair was all shaggy from being towel dried, droplets running down his face every now and again. How is his attractiveness fair?

"Oh nothing, just the fact that EunBi is on her way here," Insoo's smile grew larger as he spoke. I didn't think he could possibly smile more with out ripping his face in two.

"Seriously?" Seyong's mood perked up. Who is this girl?

"Yeah, oh, were going to need to do some shopping. I haven't seen her in so long," Insoo cooed as he left the room I guess to get ready?

"EunBi?" Jiyeon frowned at Seyong.

"It's been a while since Insoo's actually seen her in person, what with all the training, he really misses her. He's always been there for her, I think the hardest thing during this whole training process was them being apart. I've known her basically her whole life and she's the sweetest girl," he praised.

"Oh," I nodded as I ignored the twinge of jealousy that shot through me.

"I should probably go help him," he left the room,

"Have you heard her name before?" Jiyeon asked kind of worried.

"No, but it's not like you have anything to be worried about," I tried to give her a supportive smile.

"Childhood friend that he's always been there for and has found it hard to be away from. No you're right nothing to be worried about," Jiyeon sighed sarcastically.

"He's in love with you, and if he's never mentioned her before then I'm sure she's not a threat," I wasn't sure if I was talking to her or myself but wither way it wasn't helpful.
 

***
 

"She's here!" Seyong yelled coming down the stairs into the kitchen, where Jiyeon and I were unpacking the shopping the boys had insisted on doing for EunBi so she had food here she liked. Why she needed that much food? I had no idea, but they thought it was necessary. Insoo had even brought a cake for after dinner which apparently we were going out for. Who was this girl and why is she so special?

"Come help me with her things," Insoo tapped Seyong's shoulder.

Jiyeon and I stood at the window in the dinning room so see what all the fuss was about. Okay, so she was tall, thin, with long brown hair. Her tight white pants made her already long legs look even longer, if her black shirt with the union jack on it was any more cropped it would show off what I was sure would be a perfectly toned stomach. The girl even had a perfect skin tone, was she a model?

"I was hoping she wouldn't be pretty," I sighed.

"Are you jealous?" Ji frowned at me.

"I guess I am," I shrugged without thinking.

"Shouldn't I be the jealous one?"

"Aren't you?" I changed the focus from me to her.

"No, I'm definitely jealous," she sighed nodded.

"You don't need to be, there's no way he'd give you up. Besides, you could definitely take her," I smirked.

"Want to help?"

"No, I'm going to finish unpacking her menu," the words came out with a bit of attitude.

"That was bitter," she raised an eyebrow.

"I have nothing to be bitter about," I shrugged making my way into the kitchen.

"Do you like Seyong?" she cornered me.

"No," I frowned at her.

"You like Seyong!" she stared wide eyed at me.

"I don't not like him," I shrugged.

"Since when?"

"I don't know," she frowned.

"So this is the dorm," Insoo's voice saved me.

"We will finish talking about this later," she whispered.

"Yay," I sighed.

The sound of the wheels from her luggage echoed through the house. Seconds later they were in the area between the kitchen and lounge room.

"Wow, it's pretty fancy for your first dorm," even her voice was pretty.

"Maybe I should audition?"

"No," both Seyong and Insoo said at the same time.

"You're lame," she laughed. Which was also perfect.

"Just leave your stuff here, you can stay with Jiyeon and I. If she's okay with it and if we're staying at her apartment and not the dorm. If we're staying here there's enough room anyway," Insoo kind of rambled sounding a little nervious.

"Where is Jiyeon? I'm really excited to meet her,"

"Turn around," Insoo pointed, she'd had her back to us the whole time.

"I'm not sure how much fun it'll be, I've got nothing to do there," Jiyeon shrugged.

"She can entertain herself," Insoo's face was hard to say no to. I didn't envy Jiyeon right now.

"It doesn't bother me," she was clearly lying.

"She's Jiyeon? You're Jiyeon? As in the Jiyeon?" EunBi's face lit up.

"I guess," Ji shrugged.

"I've heard so much about you, you're all Insoo talks about when I call him," EunBi basically ran over to Ji who didn't know what to do. Especially when EunBi hugged her.

"Sorry," EunBi took a step back.

"I've just been looking forward to meeting you. My brother's never introduced me to one of his girlfriends before,"

"Brother?" Jiyeon frowned.

"You didn't tell her you had a sister?" EunBi smirked.

"Didn't I?" Insoo sent an apologetic look.

"No you mentioned it, just never her name," Jiyeon had never looked so relieved in her life.

"Were you jealous?" Insoo smirked.

"No one else is stupid enough to date you. Why would I be jealous?" she glared playfully.

"So you're stupid?"

"No, I just lost a bet with a friend and now I'm stuck with you,"

"You two are so cute," EunBi smiled.

"So how have you been?" she turned her attention to Seyong, linking arms with him.

JIYEON

The look on Eunji's face when EunBi and Seyong walked off together arm in arm made me feel so bad for her. It was clear that she liked Seyong from her comments earlier, but I didn't expect her to like him that much. How had I not noticed it earlier? Insoo had.

"Do you mind if I go out with Zelo? He's on tour in a few days and he's going to be gone for almost two months," she was biting her bottom lip.

"Sure, are you going to be back for dinner?" I asked.

"I don't know," she shrugged, making her way up stairs.

"Is she okay?" Insoo frowned.

"She's fine, she just realized something is all," I nodded.

I wasn't really sure how I felt about this.

SEYONG

"So, she's not coming to dinner?" I frowned at Insoo.

"No she's going out with Zelo,"

"That kid again," I sighed.

"You know, you could tell her you like her?" he stated.

"No I couldn't. She'd just think I was hitting on her again and we're..." I searched for the right word.

"Friends?" he smirked.

"I seriously hate that word," I sighed,

She came through the lounge room to get her phone she'd left on the coffee table. She looked a little upset.

"It's kind of cold outside," Insoo commented. She was wearing long white skinny jeans and a black shirt with a white collar.

"I know," she nodded sliding on a grey knitted cardigan, the sleeves were almost too long for her.

"I'll see you guys later," she gave a small smiled as she slid her phone into the pocket of the cardigan.

EUNJI

"Oh hey," EunBi greet when we almost walked into each other. She'd been coming down the stairs and I was making my way to the door.

"Hi,"

"Sorry, you must think I'm totally rude, we didn't get introduced earlier. I'm EunBi, Insoo's sister." she smiled holding her hand out.

"Eunji, Jiyeon's sister," I shook her hand.

"Ah," the tone in her voice changed as did her facial expression, she kind of frowned at me as if she were trying to figured something out.

"What?" I frowned back.

"Nothing, you're not what I expected is all," she smiled again walking away... What?

JIYEON

We were all sitting in the lounge room, well by all I mean; Insoo, Seyong, EunBi and I. Insoo was really happy she was here, he couldn't stop asking her questions about what she'd been doing and how things where are home.

"So why did you come all the way up here? Mum said something about looking into school,"

"Did she?" EunBi frowned.

"Yeah, why? Aren't you?" it was his turn to frown.

"No, I mean, technically I'm going to look for schools while I'm up here. But that's not the reason mum sent me," she look awkward, her body language was fidgety.

"So why did she send you?"

"Can't you call her and ask?" she bit her bottom lip.

"No, why did she send you?" his voice was serious.

"I was out shopping with some friends a few days ago and he kind of showed up and started, well he tried to talk to me,"

"Excuse me?" all emotion from his voice was gone.

"Mum said she told you,"

"Well she didn't,"

"Probably because she knew you two would go down and cause trouble," EunBi smirked.

"It's not funny, what did he say?"

"Nothing, he said hi and I turned around and left with my friends,"

"Did he follow you?"

"No,"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes I'm sure, he didn't follow me. Why are you and mum freaking out of this?"

"You don't need to know why,"

"I think I'm old enough to know," she sighed.

"You're not," he was seriously mad, I'd never seen him like this before.

"Insoo,"

"EunBi, if I can help it, you'll never know. So stop asking,"

"Why are you being so difficult?" she sighed leaving the room.

"I'm going to call my mother," he said through clenched teeth.

"I don't suppose you'll tell me what's going on?" I looked to Seyong when Insoo left the room.

"His father's back again,"

"His father who stole their money and left?"

"It wasn't that simple, he was also a raging alcoholic who would beat him and his mother, more so Insoo because he had a habit of protecting him mother,"

I sat there for a moment, debating whether I should go talk to him. Eventually I got up to go see if he was okay. I made my way up the stairs, he was in his room still on the phone, his door was closed over. I was going to go in until I seen the look on his face and the tone in his voice.

"You still should have told me," he snapped at the person on the other end.

"At least he'd go away then... Mum, you've been put through enough because of him, do you not remember his drunken nights? His rage fits that turned into him beating you?... Yeah well, I couldn't just sit there and let him do that to you... I'm just going to pack a bag and I'll be on my way down there," his voice was calm, but the pain was clearly in there.

"And how exactly are you going to handle it? Give him more money so he can go and waste it on alcohol? So he can come back and take more? Don't you think he's taken enough from you?... My family is more important than that... Well I'm not going to let you go through this again..."

I turned and made my way back down the stairs, deciding not to say anything about it. If he wanted to talk about it then he'll bring it up...I hope.

EUNJI

I was sitting in the cafe waiting for Zelo, he'd had to do something at the company first, I was expecting to be waiting a while. I'd already been sitting here for ten minutes, although it felt like a longer, I'd been going over EunBi's reaction to me, what did she mean I wasn't what she'd expected? What had she expect?

"Hey?" Zelo called, he was sitting in front of me waving his hand in front of my face.

"Oh hi," I smiled at him.

"What's wrong?" he asked picking up the menu.

"Nothing now that I'm out of the house," I shrugged.

"Is Seyong being a pain again?"

"Not exactly," I sighed.

"What'd he do?"

"Technically nothing, the house is just a little crowded,"

"You have visitors?"

"Insoo's sister is visiting," I nodded.

"I'm failing to see the problem? One extra person who happens to also be a girl? It's not like you have to deal with more males,"

"Yeah I guess,"

"Was she mean to you or something?" he frowned a little concerned.

"No, not really she's actually quite lovely, I mean I wasn't what she'd expected apparently but she's done thing wrong,"

"Is she prettier than you?" he teased.

"Yes she could be a freaking model,"

"Does this have something to do with you liking Seyong?"

"I don't liking Seyong,"

"Try that again, this time try and be more convincing,"

"They've known each other a long time, and they're being a cute. He's nice and caring with her which is so stupid because he's Seyong, he's not nice to women. He hits on them and sees them as objects but here he is treating her like the only girl that matters and it's so frustrating. I know what he's normally like and, I mean sure he's been nice to me recently but let's face it he's probably just thinking up a new tactic or he's already using it. What's so special about her?" I sighed realizing I was ranting.

"So you're not jealous then?" he smirked raising an eyebrow.

"I'm more frustrated because I know I'm jealous and I don't have reason to be," I huffed.

"Other than the fact you like him?"

"I don't want to talk about it anymore,"

"I'm not overly hungry, want to share a bowl of soup?" he dropped the subject.

"Sure,"

***

"Now you're getting it," Zelo praised.

He'd insisted I skate home, well if him holding my hands and helping me down the street counts as skating. He smiled at me then let go of my hands, it was find for the first few seconds until I realized that I was actually doing it on my own. I freaked out a little and lost balance falling down.

"Are you okay?" he frowned at me.

"I just grazed my knee and palm," I shrugged sitting on my sighing at him.

"I'm sorry, I thought you had it," he pulled a face.

"I did, until you let go,"

"Well it's not my fault your balance ,"

"You ," I frowned at him.

"Come on," he offered my a piggy back.

"Well it's the least you can do," I poked my tongue out at him.

It looked like everyone had gone when we got to the dorm, I directed Zelo though to the kitchen where I got the first aid kit to get a band-aid. He frowned at me and took the bag from me pulling me into the dinning room where he instructed me to sit.

"Eunji?" Seyong called

"Dinning room," I called back as Zelo was kneeling down in front of me.

"How was, oh," his expression changed to an emotionless one.

"Seyong this is Zelo, Zelo that's Seyong,"

"Ah, the infamous Seyong," Zelo muttered placing a band-aid over my knee.

"What happened?" he frowned.

"I was teaching her to skate, she fell," Zelo explained.

"I wasn't asking you," he raised an eyebrow.

"Seyong," I frowned.

"Whatever, I'm leaving for dinner, I was just waiting around for you but you look occupied,"

"I don't actually feel like going out for dinner," I sent him an apologetic look.

"Kay," he rolled his eyes leaving.

"And he's back," I sighed.

SEYONG

"And he's back," I heard her sigh.

"Is he always like that?"

"No, he's been really nice recently, I guess it was about time for him to flip again," she sounded disappointed.

"Are you okay?"

"It's not like it's the first time it's happened,"

"No not because of that, you're looking pale,"

"Yeah well so do you,"

I sighed walking out the front door. Why would he let her get hurt? What kind of friend is he? And why doesn't she want to come to dinner? Are they going to stay in the dorm on their own and have dinner? Maybe I should stay home in case he has bad intentions...

No there's no point staying there, then I have to sit around like a third wheel all night.

"Where's Eunji?" Jiyeon frowned when I showed up alone.

"She said she didn't feel like dinner,"

"Is she okay?"

"I guess so, that Zelo kid is with her," I shrugged.

"She's an interesting pick," EunBi frowned at me,

"Excuse me?"

"Eunji, I mean she's not exactly your type,"

"And what would my type be?" I sat down next to her.

"I don't know; easy, whorey, a one and done, that kind of deal," she shrugged.

"What?" Insoo choked on his water.

"Tell me I'm wrong?" she frowned at her brother.

"You shouldn't know that, you're like four,"

"Yeah if you add thirteen years," she rolled her eyes.

"No, you're four," Insoo stated matter-of-factly.

"Right. My point is that you normally go for someone the complete opposite of her. Don't you think she's kind of out of your league?"

"Yes actually, I do," I sighed.

"People can change," Insoo tried to defend.

"No, they can't. They can hide who they are but they don't change. You can pretend you did but what happens when you get bored and want to sleep around? Are you going to hurt her by breaking up with her? Or by cheating on her?"

"You're a child, stop talking about grown up things," Insoo stated.

"Right," she rolled her eyes.

"Are you forgetting he use to be the same?" I frowned at her.

"Not nearly as bad," Insoo pulled a face that disagreed with her.

JIYEON

"I'm going to give Eunji a call," I got up from the table after we'd ordered our meals,

The phone kept ringing for a while, I didn't think she was going to answer.

"Hello?" her voice was hoarse.

"Were you asleep?" I frowned.

"Yeah, I wasn't feeling well so I went to lay down, I guess I fell asleep," she mumbled.

"Do you want me to come home?"

"No, it's fine. I'm just going to go back to sleep,"

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, it's probably just a head cold,"

"Okay, call me if you need me, okay?

"Okay,"

I sighed hanging up and making my way back to the table, Seyong was pushing the food around his plate not really eating. To be honest I felt bad for him, I mean what EunBi said was a valid point but he had actually changed. Whether it was a long term change or not was another question but if he was still the same as he was when we'd fist met Eunji wouldn't have started to like him.

"She okay?" Insoo frowned at me.

"She thinks she has a head cold, she was asleep when I rang her,"

"Should we go home?"

"No, she said she was just going to go back to sleep,"

"You don't want to go check on her?"

"Yes, but I always want to check on her. She said she's okay," I shrugged I sat back down.

SEYONG

I wonder if she's still asleep? I felt a little bad about the way I acted earlier. Well I did now. In the moment I didn't exactly care, which is another reason I felt bad about it. It made EunBi right, and Eunji's comment; 'and he's back' kept replaying in my head. Was I really that bad?

I sighed walking into the house which was basically silent. I guess she was still asleep. Jiyeon and Insoo had taken EunBi back to Jiyeon's apartment. Insoo was being more over protective than normal which was expected.

He'd had an argument with his mother earlier about his dad coming back, he'd been seriously angry that she hadn't told him the real reason for send EunBi this way. It was completely understandable if you ask me, he had every right to be angry, but his mother was also right. If she'd told him then we would have gotten ourselves into trouble.

My internal thoughts were interrupted by the sound of vomiting. The sound was coming from the toilet behind the staircase where I found Eunji leaning over it with a face as white as a foreigner. Her breathing was heavy and uneven, as I went to speak she hunched over and started heaving again. I'm not sure how long she'd been here, but her heaving turned to coughing seeing as her stomach seemed to be completely empty.

She was trying to keep her hair from her face while her whole body shuttered, it wasn't going to well. I walked over to her and gently moved her hair out of her face and held it there until she slowly lent back against the wall. She closed her eyes, wiping away the tears that had formed and fallen.

"Are you okay?" I frowned, she just shook her head without opening her eyes. Her body was still shaking, I'm not sure if that was from the cold or vomiting.

"How long have you been sitting here? Where's everyone else?"

"I," she tried to answer but ended up hunching over the toilet again, I held her hair out of her face.

"I'll be right back, okay?" she nodded leaning back against the wall.

I stood in the hallway for a moment thinking, I made my way over to the cupboard pulling out a spare pillow, putting it on the lounge next to the blanket that was already there. I ran up the stairs and got a bucket from the laundry and brought that back down setting it next to the lounge. I pulled a water bottle from the fridge then went to get Eunji.

"Come on," I gently grabbed her hands,

"I think... I should just... stay here,"she spoke slowly.

"You can't stay here all night, the floor is cold and uncomfortable,"

"I don't want to.." she paused reaching for the toilet, but nothing happened.

"It's okay, I already thought of that. Trust me," I held out my hand which she took after hesitating.

I walked her slowly into the lounge room helping her sit, handed her the bottle of water, and sat next to her.

"So do you think now is a good time to watch the drama?" I smirked.

"If you want," she attempted a smile.

***

"You need to eat something," I sighed.

"I don't want to," she pushed my hand away.

"I will force feed it to you," I warned.

"I really don't want it," she shook her head.

"Come on, you like soup and Jiyeon was the one who made it," I pleaded.

"No," she shook her head again.

"But it's really good," I picked up with bowl holding the spoon out in front of her.

"I'm going to hold the spoon here until you eat it," I stated when she made no attempts to eat.

It took me a few more minutes to get her to finally eat it, I made her eat a quarter of the bowl before I left her alone about it.

"See that wasn't so bad," I put the bowl down.

"I guess," she said thirty seconds before she picked up the bucked and threw it all back up.

"Sorry," I sighed.

***

"Well, look at you two," Insoo smirked the next morning.

"This is weird," EunBi frowned.

"What did you two do?" Insoo smirked.

"She still wasn't feeling well when you got home?" Jiyeon asked, she didn't seem like she was in a good mood.

"I think she got a bit of food poisoning, I was just looking after her. After she finished being sick, she asleep and I didn't want to awake up by moving her, so I just kind of sat here all night making sure she was okay," she was laying across the lounge, she'd fallen asleep using my lap as a pillow but I'd slid and actual pillow between her head and my lap.

"Does that require you her hair too?" EunBi nodded down at my hand.

I hadn't even realized I was doing it, I stopped, she stirred and rolled over facing my stomach. I started her hair again.

"Has she eaten?" Jiyeon frowned.

"I tried her with the soup you left but she just threw it back up, she hasn't eaten since,"

"I'll go make her something,"

EUNJI

I was sitting at the dinning room table with Jiyeon and EunBi, they boys had to go to practice which Seyong had been reluctant to do. EunBi was staring at me while I ate the soup Jiyeon had made, though that had taken a lot of convincing. Ji had just told me to pick at it while I studied. My stomach hurt from last night but I'd finally stopped being sick.

"So why are you so mopey this morning?" I asked Jiyeon trying to ignore EunBi's staring.

"I have to move," she sighed.

"What? Why? You love your apartment,"

"Yeah, the owner of the complex sold it and the new owner is knocking it down and building some restaurant or shopping complex. So all the tenants have a month to move out,"

"Are you going to get new apartment or are you just going to completely move in here?"

"I need my own place," she shrugged.

"So are you going to ask Insoo to move in?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I don't know," she shrugged.

"Do I have something I my face?" I asked EunBi who was still staring at me.

"No, why?"

"You've been staring at me for the last twenty minutes," I rubbed the back of my neck.

"Oh, sorry," she smiled.

"It's just so weird," she kept talking.

"What is?"

"You're so different from the girls he normally goes for, you had food poisoning last night and from what I heard it wasn't pretty. But you're sitting here studying instead of complaining about it. I mean the girls he normally go for don't generally know what studying is, anyway I'm sorry if I was rude to you," she apologised. Now I felt bad.

"You weren't rude,"

"I was, yesterday. I didn't mean to sound the way I did when I said you weren't what I'd expected. Insoo said you were lovely but he also said Seyong liked you so I figured you had to be dumb and whorey,"

"He doesn't like me, he use to try and convince me to go on a date with him so I would sleep with him. He doesn't actually do that anymore though which is nice because he's quite enjoyable to be around now,"

"Do you like him?"

"I honestly don't know," I shrugged.