Chapter Forty Three

Day By Day {MYNAME}

Was I scared of him?

Had he asked me that when we first started dating, I might have considered it. His actions and his mood did worry me back then, but now that I knew him better, or at least I think I did; he didn't worry me anymore.

Being with him; I felt shy, excited and fluttery. I found myself doing things purely because he had mentioned he liked them, like wearing my glasses more often, or not pinning the 'dingley dangley bits' as he put it, back. When I think about where our relationship could go it makes me nervous and anxious, and when he does things like; holding my hand, taking me on a date, or planning this surprise dinner he put so much thought and effort into, even buying me flowers. All these things he's never done before, it's hard to find my breath or contain a smile. But sacred of him?

SEYONG

She looked a little surprised by my question, she frowned slightly thinking about it for a second, then without hesitation or any sign of doubt she said;

"No,"

"No?" I raised an eyebrow before pulling two bowels from the cupboard.

"Why would I be?" she shrugged.

"I don't scare you, even a little bit?"

"Should you?" she asked.

"No," I shook my head.

"Good," she smiled.

JIYEON

"Is everyone here?" the CEO asked entering the room, he looked directly at Xander who was nervously standing next to Yoshi in the corner of the room.

"Well, it's your idea, how about you explain it?" he stated sitting at the head of the table.

"Ah, right," he cleared his throat.

"You've been seeking a way to spread the company name, so I've come up with an idea,"

"This much I know," the CEO sighed with a bored expression.

"Idol groups are very popular these days, Fantangio has grouped some of their actors together to form a group and they're getting the company name out there as well as the names of the group members, this type of promotion is reeling in contracts for movies and advertising which is raising their revenue,"

"So this isn't your idea," he was interrupted raising an eyebrow.

"Not exactly,"

"Go on," he sighed sounding impatient.

"I thought that if we create our own female idol group with the models in this room it could do the same for us,"

"Can they even sing?"

"Well, Solji has an amazing voice, and as you know has been doing activities as a solo artist for a while now, and L.E can rap,"

"Okay, so that's their purpose of being here, what about the other three, no offence girls," he smiled warmly at us.

"Junghwa is a skilled dancer and she choreographs, Hyerin has the weird, quirky attitude, and Jiyeon just has attitude," Xander explained, I just frowned at him.

"Yes, but can they sing? You can't expect them to just stand in the background being weird and sassy,"

"They can carry a note, with a little vocal training there won't be a problem," how would he know? He hasn't ever heard me sing.

"Have you got a vocal trainer?"

"No,"

"What about a song? Have got spoken to a composer or a producer?"

"Not yet,"

"You want me to fund something you haven't even planned properly?"

"I have planned it, I just couldn't go a head and organise any of that without permission to do so," he frowned.

"You have two weeks to put together a debut song complete with choreography and concept, if you can't do it in that time then I will find another way to advertise the company. So don't let it go to waste, you can come and see me later about your budget,"

"Two weeks," Xander frowned.

"If that's not enough time tell me now so we don't waste good resources,"

"Two weeks will be fine," he nodded.

"Good, work hard girls," he smiled at us once more before leaving.

"Does he seriously think we can do this in two weeks?" Xander frowned, speaking more to himself than anyone else.

"He's seeing what you can do, it's a test," Yoshi patted his shoulder.

"I'm sorry, you want us to be idols?" I raised an eyebrow at Xander.

SEYONG

Eunji was sitting in the dinning room while I assembled the bibimbap in the bowls, I frowned down at the ingredients, they were definitely not cut as thin as they should be. I sighed picking up the knife and trying to cut them finer but ended up just making them look chunky. Giving up and tried to place them in the bowls without making it look like a four-year-old put it together.

All I can do now is hope it doesn't taste as bad as it looks...

EUNJI

Seyong entered the room, placing a bowl in front of me before sitting down with his own. He kind of frowned down at the bowls before looking up.

"Thank you," I smile when he handed me a spoon and a pair of chopsticks.

"Don't thank me just yet," he mumbled.

"Huh?" I asked confused.

"Nothing, how do you think you did in your exam?"

"Uh, I'm not sure. Fine, I guess," I shrugged mixing everything together.

"Only fine?"

"I was in a rush to get to class, I was almost late and then when I sat down I went blank and forgot everything. I answered all the questions, I'm just not sure any of them a right," I stated sticking a spoonful in my mouth.

Seyong watched my reaction carefully, I tried to keep a straight face, or at least I hope I did. He didn't react so I guess I hadn't pulled a face, it's not that it was bad, because it wasn't, the rice was both a little under cooked and over cooked , don't ask me howIt added a bit of unexpected crunch but it's wasn't that bad, and some of the vegetables were in chunks that were a little harder to chew threw but it was eatable. It was honestly so sweet of him to even attempt this, so I didn't want to fault him for it. Also, judging by his face, he was already worried I was going to hate it.

"How is it?" he asked biting the corner of his bottom lip.

"It's good," I smiled brightly at him, he visible relaxed tiring it himself.

"This is horrible," he frowned.

"I don't think so," I stated eating another spoonful.

"You really don't have to eat that, I'll just order something," he sighed.

"Why? It's fine, it tastes good, it's seasoned well, I'm quite happy eating it,"

"You're a liar, it's difficult to chew," he frowned rubbing his jaw slightly.

"So the vegetables are a little thick and the rice isn't perfect, it's still delicious, and for your first attempt at cooking, it's amazing, don't be so hard on yourself,"

"Are you sure?"

"If you don't want to eat it that's fine, but I plan to enjoy it," I shrugged with a smile.

SEYONG

I watched her happily eat, without pulling a face or showing any sign that she wasn't enjoying it, maybe I was judging it too harshly. I put another spoonful in my mouth, I was not judging too harshly... it hurt my teeth to chew. It was like eating raw rice and uncooked vegetables with the added flavour of burnt.

"Nope," I put my spoon down.

"What?"

"I'm not making you eat this,"

"You're not, I'm eating it willingly,"

"Then clearly eating Gunwoo's cooking has killed your taste buds, go get changed and we'll go out somewhere," I said picking up both bowls.

"Hey, I'm eating that," she frowned at me following me through to the kitchen.

"It's painful to eat, and you'll end up feeling sick if you eat this,"

"No it isn't and I won't feel sick, give it back," she pouted.

"You will,"

"No I won't, give, I'm hungry," she whined reaching for the bowl.

"No, we'll go to the night market and find something better,"

"I don't want better," she gently gabbed the bowl

"I can't let you eat this,"

"Give," she laughed pulling the bowl towards her.

"No," I smirked at her.

"You can't make me something then not let me eat it,"

"I can if it's this bad,"

"It's not bad,"

"You're right, it's horrible, it causes physical pain in my mouth,"

I pulled the bowl a little harder, her grip released and she stumbled forward, hitting my chest, my free hand wrapped around her waist to stabilise her. Her body was now pressed against me, her arms resting on my chest keeping that small distance between us. My arm still wrapped around her waist, she looked up at me as I put the bowl on the bench.

"Are you okay?" I practically whispered.

EUNJI

We were so close I could feel his heart beats in between my own or was that just my heart beating? He was looking down at me, our faces only inches apart, he looked like he wanted to lean in but was unsure, maybe of whether I wanted him too? I don't know, yes and no.

"Eunji?" he frowned when I didn't answer his question.

"Ah, yeah," I nodded slightly, eyes never leaving his.

He leant in slightly and without realising I reacted by resting my forehead on his chest. My cheeks were hot and my heartbeat was threatening to break through my chest.

"So the night market?" I frowned, laughing slightly without moving, he kissed the top of my head

"Go get changed into something warmer," he sighed before letting go.

"Let me eat this first," I stated picking up the bowl.

JIYEON

"Can you take Jiyeon and Insoo home? I'm going to talk to dad," Xander asked Yoshi.

"Uh, yeah," he nodded slowly after looking over at Hyerin who shrugged.

"I'll do it," Solji offered.

"You sure?" I frowned at her.

"Yeah, I can see the hurt on Yoshi's face and I've got to pick someone up who's that way anyway," she shrugged.

"I'm not hurt," Yoshi tried defending himself.

"Yes you are, you two have plans tonight," she pointed between Yoshi and Hyerin.

"I can still do my job," he huffed.

"Shut up," Solji rolled her eyes, he just poked his tongue out at her.

"I want you all here first thing tomorrow," Xander stated sternly.

"Yeah, I can't do that," I said.

"Why not?"

"I have an exam in the morning,"

"Well come straight here after,"

"Do we even get a say in whether we want to do this or not?" I raised an eyebrow.

"We'll talk about it tomorrow," he deadpanned before leaving the room.

"Let's go," Solji stated.

"See you tomorrow," Junghwa beamed.

INSOO

"So what are you two doing for dinner?" Solji asked as we got in her car, I sat in the back of the red Mini Cooper, while the girls sat in the front.

"No idea," Jiyeon shrugged.

"Do you want to come out with me and J-Heart?"

"Uh, he needs to get home and elevate his leg, but why don't you and J-heart come over and I'll cook?"

"I can go out to eat," I frowned at her.

"You can't just put your feet up on restaurant chairs, besides you complain about their food anyway," she raised an eyebrow. I can't exactly argue with that, I'm not sure what Ji does to it but her food is always better.

"You don't have to cook, we can just order something,"

"I like cooking, it's really no problem,"

"She's on a health binge, so she won't eat ordered food,"

"Why?"

"Just trying something different," she shrugged.

"Well, if you're sure you don't mind, I don't see J-Heart having an issue with it,

"If he does we can just reschedule,"

"If he does I'm very convincing," she smirked.

"I'm sure you are," Ji laughed.

***

"I'll just run up and get him," Solji said as she parked the car. Ji nodded getting out front and sat in the back with me.

"You okay?" she asked.

"I'm fine," I nodded.

"Liar, I could see you cringing every time we turned a corner,"

"I just need to put it up and take some painkillers," I shrugged.

"Did I make it hurt more?"

"Kind of," I teased.

"Good, serves you right for lying and putting your feet on my coffee table," she playfully glared.

"Our coffee table,"

"Our coffee table," she shook her head giving me a small smile.

"Are you okay with Solji and J-Heart coming to dinner?"

"Yeah, I've known J-Heart for years," I nodded.

"Really?"

"Mm, he's one of Seyong's friends, we're not bros, but we're friends. He keeps Seyong out of trouble when I don't," I explained.

"And who keeps you out of trouble?"

"I don't get into trouble,"

"Liar,"

"Okay, I don't get into trouble anymore," I corrected myself, she just smirked.

"Well, with anyone but you,"

"You don't get into trouble with me," she frowned.

"What do you call today?"

"You being stupid," she shrugged.

"You're so mean to me," I sighed shaking my head as J-Heat and Solji reached the car.

"Did you need to be convincing?" Ji smirked at Solji when she got in the car.

"We're about to find out," Solji laughed as J-Heart got into the driver's seat.

"Hey guys," J-Heart greeted.

"Hey,"

"So you guys are joining us for dinner?"

"Actually, we're joining them," Solji corrected him.

"What do you mean?"

"Jiyeon offered to cook, so we're going over to their apartment,"

"You don't have to do that," J-Heart frowned.

"I really don't mind,"

"Wouldn't it be easier if we just go to a restaurant?"

"Solji invited us to join you two, but I can't really be walking around, and Ji is an amazing cook, so she made a counter offer that you join us instead," I stated.

"What did you do?"

"Stretch a ligament, no big deal I just have to keep it elevated," I shrugged.

"No big deal my ," Jiyeon frowned at me.

"Alright, well someone is going to need to direct me because I've got no idea where I'm going,"

"I'll show you," Solji offered with a smile.

"So what's Seyong up too tonight?"

"He's on a date,"

"A date?"

"Yeah, that's all he'd tell me so he's probably doing something embarrassing,"

"He must be serious about this girl," J-Heart commented.

"He better be," Jiyeon stated seriously.

"Oh right, I forgot he's dating your sister,"

"He's been serious about her way before they started dating, he just didn't know it,"

"Really?"

"Mm,"

EUNJI

We walked down the street towards the night market, he didn't let me finish the bibimbap he made, somehow he'd managed to empty it into the bin so I had no choice but to agree to go to the market. He was definitely too critical of himself, his cooking honestly wasn't that bad, I was enjoying it until he stole it from me.

"Your hands are cold," he commented after he laced his fingers through mine.

"Yours aren't" his hands were soft and warm.

He laughed lightly and stopped walking, I frowned and he turned to face me, gently taking hold of my other hand. He cupped them together in his own and blew hot air onto them a few time. I couldn't stop the smile spread across my face.

"Better?"

"Mm," I nodded, my hands were probably as warm as my cheeks now.

"Don't get sick," he stated pulling the sleeves of my jumper over my hands, he pointed at my pocket gesturing for me to put my free hand in there as he re-laced our fingers, and slid our hands into his pocket.

INSOO

"I'm just going to go down to the market to get somethings for dinner, is there anything in particular, you feel like?" Jiyeon asked walking into our bedroom.

"We have a kitchen full of food," I frowned.

"Yes, but unless you want something bland without red meat, then I need to go to the market," she came back out holding a foot stall from the wardrobe. I just pulled a face at her.

"Exactly, so is there anything you feel like?" she repeated placing the stool down in front of me.

"Something spicy," I shrugged.

"That's not helpful, what about you guys?"

"I'm good with whatever," J-Heart shrugged sitting down next to me.

"I'll come with you," Solji offered.

"You don't have too,"

"It'll be more fun than sitting here listening to those two talk about their boyfriend," Solji shrugged.

"Boyfriend?" both J-Heart and I frowned.

"Seyong," she nodded.

"What?" J-Heart raised an eyebrow.

"Well Daeil is more your boyfriend, but you both have Seyong in common so," she shrugged.

"We have other things in common," J-Heart frowned.

"Like?"

"We're both dancers,"

"Oh, you got me there. Enjoy talking about steps and Seyong," she poked her tongue out at him.

"We'll be back," Jiyeon smirked.

"Will you bring soju?"

"Maybe, oh and foot goes on that, not our coffee table," she stated pointing at the foot stool, before heading to the kitchen.

"Yes sir,"

"Shut up, and take these," she frowned handing me a box of painkillers and a bottle of water.

"Anything else?" I smirked.

"Make sure he doesn't move," she turned to J-Heart.

"What if I need to pee?"

"Pee in the bottle," she shrugged.

"That's gross," I frowned at her.

"We'll be back," she shrugged again.

SEYONG

"What should we eat?"

"I want my bibimbap back," she pouted.

"Well, you can't have that," I laughed, her expression was seriously adorable.

"Because you're mean," she poked her tongue out at me.

"I am not, I saved you,"

"From what?"

"My horrible cooking,"

"It wasn't horrible,"

"My teeth still hurt," I pointed to my mouth.

"Well maybe it's your teeth,"

"It's not,"

"For someone who is so sure he's good at everything, you're extremely critical of yourself," she frowned.

"What would you like?" I sighed.

"Let's just walk around until we find something," she shrugged.

We walked through the isles of the markets, our fingers still laced together and in my pocket. Her hands were much warmer now, but she made no indication she wanted me to let go and I had no intention of doing so. The air was full of different smells which were only making me hungrier, there was a stall at the end of the isle I directed us towards until I spotted something.

JIYEON

"What's your opinion on this idol group thing? Do you want to do it?" I asked as we entered the market.

"It's a good idea, but I don't see the group he's put together working well," she shrugged.

"Why?"

"Honestly? None of use really know each other that well, but Junghwa and Hyerin are hyper and though they can be serious when they're working. I'm not sure how long they'll stay interested in something like an idol group, they enjoy having fun and I think they'll get bored easily. L.E doesn't work well with other girls, she's been at the company for a while and just sees the other girls as completion or a place holder, to be fair a lot of the time the girls don't stay past they're probationary contract. Me, I've been a solo artist for so long I don't know how much I'll enjoy having to consider other people. As for you, it's clear you don't want to do this, and the more he pushes the more you'll pull," she shrugged.

"How do you know all this?"

"I'm observant,"

"That still didn't answer my question,"

"What question?"

"Do you want to do it?"

"I think it would be fun to try, but I'm not really interested in trying something that is going to waste time and energy that I could better direct at my work,"

"You know you sound like a mum," I smirked.

"What are you making for dinner?" she raised and eyebrow.

"Insoo likes Tteokbokki, and I think I'll also make seafood soup, kimchi fried rice, and bulgogi (grilled marinated beef) because he'll want meat, will you and J-Heart eat any of that?"

"We'll eat all of that, but that's a lot of food for the four of us," she frowned.

"Not really, what ever you don't eat I'll just put in containers in the fridge for Insoo to heat up tomorrow, and it's the three of you, I can't eat any of that,"

"Can't?" she raised an eyebrow.

"It was easier telling Insoo it was a health thing, in truth my period cramps are insane so I've altered my diet to help minimize the pain," I shrugged.

"So what are you having?"

"Japchae (Sweet potato starch noodle stir fry)"

"What do we need?"

"We'll just go up and down isles, collect things as we go," I shrugged.

"Can we start there?" she pointed at a stall, her eyes were huge with excitement.

"I guess," I shrugged.

EUNJI

"What about these?" he held up two pairs of slippers.

"They're cute," I shrugged.

"They'll be like couple slippers, I'll wear these and you can have Chopper,"

"What?" I frowned.

"Have you really not seen one episode of One Piece?" he frowned at me disapprovingly.

"Is that the same one with Luffy and Sanji?"

"Yes!" he stated excitedly,

"No, I haven't,"

"Then how do you know about Luffy and Sanji?"

"The dog café,"

"Oh right," he nodded.

"Well you're going to have to sit down and watch it, but for now; this is Luffy and this is Tony Tony Chopper,"

"Oh my god," a girl basically squealed behind me.

"Can you keep you're squealing down," a familiar voice asked, I frowned turning around to see Ji and I think her name was Solji.

"Hey," I smiled.

"Oh, hey, I thought you guys were on a date?" Ji frowned.

"We were," I nodded.

"Here?" she raised an eyebrow at Seyong who'd started a conversation with Solji?

"No, Seyong cooked me dinner, then threw it out because he was unhappy with it, so now we're here," I explained.

"He cooked?" she asked, we were both standing watching Solji and Seyong discuss the show he was just talking about, they were both really excited about it.

"Yeah,"

"Ah,"

"It was actually really good,"

"Seriously?"

"Mmm,"

"But he can't cook, like at all," she frowned.

"Maybe he can," I shrugged, I had a feeling he didn't want Insoo or anyone else, knowing he took a class.

INSOO

"Did you hear about them becoming an idol group?" I asked once the girls had left.

"What? How do you know that?" he frowned.

"Ji dragged me to the company today after she found out about my leg, and those two and a few other girls were gathered into a room. From what I can piece together, the CEO's son is trying his hand in publicizing the company and he wants to form a girl group out of the models, the CEO was really hard on him; he only has two weeks to pretty much prepare concept, debut song, get everyone up to debut standard, and have choreography,"

"That's ridiculous, how are they going to manage that?"

"God knows, but Xander seems pretty determined to get it done,"

"Xander?"

"The CEO's son, also Jiyeon's manager,"

"And what did the girls say?"

"Not much, but neither seemed to pleased with the idea,"

"Maybe they need a push?" J-Heart smirked.

"Like they're going to change their minds if we try and convince them to do it,"

"So we don't convince them, we tell them how hard it is and that they'd never be able to do what we do,"

"And they'll be determined to prove us wrong," I agreed as J-Hearts phone when off.

"The hell?" he frowned down at it.

"What?"

"Seyong ran into Solji," he showed me the photo Seyong had sent him of Seyong and Solji standing next to each other both holding a One Piece plush toy, the message read;

I'm stealing her!!

Seyong

SEYONG

You steal mine, I steal yours!

-J-Heart

Like that would ever happen

-Seyong

I already stole your bro

-J-Heart

He can't walk so that's not really an accomplishment

-Seyong

"What he say?"

"That if I steal you he'll steal Eunji," I laughed.

"We'll see about that," she frowned pulling her phone out.

"You can see about that when we get back to the apartment," Jiyeon took her phone.

"Hey!"

"We're interrupting their date, and we have things to do,"

"Oh, right. Sorry," she smiled.

"I'll call you later," Jiyeon told Eunji before leaving.

"Should we go eat something?"

"Mmm," she smiled.

"I'll just get these and we'll go,"

I paid for the slippers and took the bag from the lady before taking her hand in mine and leading her down the isle towards the vender.

"This is kind of lame huh? Should I take you somewhere nicer?"

"No," she shook her head.

"Are you sure?"

"It's nice here, and I'm hungry," she nodded.

"Okay, what would you like?"

"My bibimbap. But seeing as you threw that out," she poked her tongue out at me.

"To make up for throwing out something that was uneatable anyway, you can have whatever you like,"

"Okay," she nodded.

EUNJI

We sat down at a nearby table with our food, we'd gotten a few different things. He picked up a skewered fishcake and started eating it then pulled a face that looked like he was in pain.

"Ow," he stated rubbing his jaw slightly.

"What?"

"Uh, nothing," he shook his head taking another bite, trying to chew it on the other side of his mouth.

"Ow," he whined.

"What's wrong?"

"It hurts to chew," he frowned.

"Are you okay?"

"Mm," he nodded still frowning.

"Maybe try the soup?" I suggested.

"Yeah,"

"You sure you're okay?"

"Yeah, it's just weird, I was fine earlier,"

"You said it hurt to eat earlier,"

"Yeah but that was the food,"

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Maybe my teeth still hurt from eating that," he shrugged sipping at the soup.

"Then why aren't I in pain?" I countered.

"You're used to Gunwoo's cooking?" he shrugged again.

"Or you need to go to the dentist,"

"I've never had a problem with my teeth, they're perfect,"

"If you say so,"

He picked his spoon up and paused, he closed his eyes and sneezed three quick sneezes in a row, the forth sneeze was more of an adorable noise and then a final fifth sneeze. I didn't know what to do, I wanted to frail my arms around and squeal at him because of how adorable he just was. I seriously don't think I've ever seen him be so cute, I realize how weird that sounds. I managed to contain most of my fangirl.

"Oh my god," I half laughed half squealed, he didn't notice though, he was too busy cupping his face.

"Ow," he whined.

"What?"

"Okay, maybe it is my teeth," he mumbled.

"What'd you do?" I frowned.

"Hit my teeth together when I sneezed," he huffed pouting, which was also super adorable.

"I really think you should see a dentist,"

"I'll be fine,"