Chapter Twenty Seven

Day By Day {MYNAME}

SEYONG

"So, do you want to finish watching the drama when we get home?" Eunji asked.

"Don't you have studying to do?"

"Well, yeah," she frowned seeming a little taken back from my concern for her studies.

"But if I don't take a break my head might explode," she shrugged with a smile.

We'd gone down to the market to buy a few things for dinner, which Eunji had basically jumped at the offer to cook seeing as Jiyeon wasn't feeling well. She'd been lying on the lounge all day drifting in and out of sleep. She'd finally gone up to bed as we were leaving.

"Okay, I guess I can free up some time to sit and watch it with you. But I think you'll have to make me seafood pancake so I can focus. That's probably why I couldn't concentrate on it properly last time,"

"Because you didn't have seafood pancake?" she raised an eyebrow with a smirk.

"Exactly," I nodded.

"Well, I guess we'd better buy some seafood then," she rolled her eyes but still smiled.

Her smile made me feel guilty. I'd been doing that a lot lately, feeling guilty I mean, well towards her anyway. First it was because of my dream, then I started thinking about all of the things I've said or done to her and how horrible I've been to her. And for what reason? Because she wouldn't sleep with me? What's wrong with me? I mean I almost drowned her once...

"Seyong?" she was waving her hand in front of my face.

"Sorry, what?"

"What type of pancake? The normal seafood or the one I made last time?"

"The one you made for me?" I smirked.

"The one you ate, yes," she nodded.

"That one," I nodded.
 

***
 

There was a knock at the door, I frowned seeing as it was 6 p.m.

The only person that ever comes over this late other than ourselves was Jiyeon but Insoo had take her back to her apartment about an hour ago, besides she doesn't need to knock.

So who was here this late?

Insoo, who had been sitting in the lounge room with me because Jiyeon had wanted to be alone for a while, was the first to get up. In fact he'd gotten up rather quickly. I frowned at him as he made his way to answer the front door, judging by the look he gave me I wasn't going to like whoever was on the other side. I looked over at Eunji who'd stopped cooking, 'who's here?' she mouthed with a frown on her face. I just shrugged and waited.

"Hey!" Daeil beamed entering the room.

"Why aren't you ready?" J.Heart frowned. Ready? Ready for what?

"Ready?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Insoo said you wanted to go out," J.Heart stated still frowning.

"You'd think that you'd be ready by the time we got here," Daeil muttered frowning as he sniffed the air.

"What is that smell?" he asked turning around.

"And who is that?" he smirked.

"Off limits," I glared but he didn't seem to hear me.

He made his way though to the kitchen, leaning over the counter as she turned around to slid a pancake onto the plate sitting in front of Daeil. She just stood there and frowned at him for a moment.

"Ah, hi?" she raised an eyebrow,

"Hello, I'm sorry I don't think we've met. My name's Daeil, but you can call me later."

"Does that actually work on girls?" she frowned, J.Heart laughed and I found myself smirking, but Daeil just brushed it off.

"It's funny, before I came here I thought I was the most attractive person I'd ever seen, but looking at you I guess I was wrong and that doesn't happen often,"

"Uh, okay. Seyong did you want me to make more or is one enough?" she turned her attention to me, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't happy about her ignoring Daeil for me.

"That's enough," I nodded giving her a small smile.

"Is that what I think it is?" Daeil asked eagerly.

"If you think it's seafood pancake, yes it is," she nodded

"Are you single?"

"Are you from Busan by any chance?" she frowned.

"Yep,"

"Right," she tilted her head to one side contemplating. She looked a little like a confused puppy. It was adorable.

"So are you going to get dressed?" J.heart asked,

"No seriously is she single?" Daeil came back over when Eunji returned to cooking the rest of the house hold dinner.

"Even if she is I don't think she's available," J.Heart nodded towards me glaring holes into his head.

"Right, so are we going or are you going to continue moping around the house?" he was quick to change the subject.

"Insoo can I talk to you?" I stated getting up and walking into the dinning room.

"Ooh, trouble in paradise," J.Heart called as Insoo followed me.

"Why are they here?" I frowned at him.

"I thought you might like to get out of the house," he shrugged. He's a liar.

"I don't want to go out," I shook my head.

"Well you need to, you can't just shadow Eunji and sulk around the house,"

"I'm not going,"

"If you don't they'll make fun of you," he smirked.

"No, they wont," I retorted.

"Not to your face," he shrugged.

"Nice try, but I'm still not going,"

"Okay fine," he gave up.

"But it would be rude to have them leave after just getting here, so they'll just have to stay here for dinner. I'm sure Eunji wont mind Daeil hitting on her, for a while. I mean she dealt with you doing it. Who knows? Daeil might actually succeed," he smirked leaving.

"Hey guys, Seyong actually doesn't feel like going out but you're quite welcome to..."

"Sit there and wait for me to get ready," I interrupted him sighing.

"Don't leave her until I get home," I glared at Insoo who was smirking at his victory.

EUNJI

The tall blond in white who'd introduced himself as Daeil kept staring at me, winking from time to time. The guy next to him would nudge him and mumble something which made him roll his eyes but stop for a while. Zelo's Busan theory was becoming more plausible with the more people I met from Busan... they're not all like that are they?

"Hey, ah so I know we were going to watch some more of the drama tonight, but that idiot over there is going through some things and needs a night out. So is it okay if we watch it another night?" Seyong came into the kitchen as I was washing the dishes.

"Yeah, that's fine," I nodded.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, honestly I should probably not be wasting time I could be using to study. What did you want me to do with that?" I was actually a little disappointed. I like sitting with him and watching dramas, even if he did ask questions every five minutes.

"Oh, ah, I'll put it in a container for later," he stated.

"It's okay, I'll do it. You should probably go get ready, your friends are waiting,"

"Are you sure? It'll only take a minute,"

"Yeah, it's fine," I nodded.

"Okay but you can't sneak down and watch the drama without me," he playfully glared.

"You hardly even watching it," I teased.

"Yeah, but it's kind of like our thing," he stated as he was leaving the kitchen.

A smile found it's way to my lips, I frowned when I realized I was smiling down at a sink of dishes and shook all the thoughts from my head. What is wrong with me?

SEYONG

"So where do you want to go mopey? There's this new club that opened up that's suppose to be packed with women," Daeil raved.

"It's probably a lesbian club," J.Heart smirked.

"I don't want to go to a club," I tried to sound bored.

"Why?" Daeil frowned.

"I don't feel like it, let's go to a bar instead,"

"A bar it is," J.Heart nodded telling the taxi driver where to go.

We walked into the reasonably quiet bar and sat in a booth in the back. There was only a handful of people scattered throughout the room.

"She's pretty," Daeil nodded towards a girl standing at the bar wearing a tight white dress and a greenish grey cardigan jacket.

"She's completely out of your league," J.Heart baited

"No way, I could get her if I wanted. I bet you the next round of drinks that I can get her number before you," Daeil smirked. We're they serious right now? Why am I even asking that? Of course they're serious.

"What the hell is wrong with you two?" I frowned. Okay maybe I'm being over dramatic but to be fair, after the dream I had my perspective is a little different when it comes to these types of things. Granted they don't know that.

"What?" the both looked at me confused.

"Why would you bet on that?"

"What? Are you not confident that you can win?" Daeil raised an eyebrow.

"No, it's a stupid game," I frowned.

"You started this stupid game," J.Heart gave me a weird look.

"Why are you being such a about it? It's just some harmless fun and it could turn into more fun later," Daeil smirked.

"Yeah, until it's not,"

"Are you scared? Do you think you'll fail?" Daeil attempted to bait me.

"I'm not playing your stupid game,"

"You're already wiped," J.Heart smirked.

"But you're not getting any," Daeil added. I clenched my fists and teeth glaring at him.

"And when was the last time you got laid?" J.Heart interjected sensing the tension.

"Tonight if I'm lucky," he smirked.

"You should just leave her alone," I snapped.

"Why are you being so immature about this?" Daeil huffed.

"I think competing for a girls number is more immature than not wanting to,"

"Has she got your bits in a jar? Or are you so far in her that you're the same person now? Where'd our Seyong go?" Daeil rolled his eyes.

"I knew it was you," Jaehyo appeared out of nowhere. He'd clearly already been drinking.

"Mind if we sit?" B Bomb followed behind him.

"Go ahead, these two morons were just about to go annoy that poor girl," I nodded towards the woman still sitting at the bar.

"My money's on J.Heart, sorry Daeil," B Bomb sat down next to me, Jaehyo sliding in next to him.

"No way, Daeil's got this," Jaehyo disagreed.

"You're not playing?" B Bomb frowned.

"No,"

"Less competition," Daeil shrugged.

"You couldn't win, even if there was no competition," J.Heart taunted. I smirked as Daeil glared at him.

"We'll see who wins," he shrugged but was clearly already irritated.

They finished their drinks and made their way over to her. They went through the usual routine, Daeil was probably trying some cheesy pickup line; she laughed. J.Heart would say something stupid that sounded sweet so she wouldn't notice; she smiled and gave him a look. He was going to end up with her number. She smiled and wrote down what I assumed was her number on a napkin and slid it under the brim of J.Hearts hat. He smiled and nodded while Daeil frowned rolling his eyes. She watched them as they made their way back to the table.

"Looks like Daeil is buying the next round," Jaehyo smirked.

"You bet on me, so we're both buying the next round," he retorted.

"I thought you had all the skill," J.Heart taunted.

"Whatever, she clearly had problems," Daeil huffed.

"You told her your nickname was Big One, and then proceeded to ask if she wanted to find out why that is," J.Heart raised and eyebrow at him.

"So?"

"This is why you always loose," B Bomb stated.

"I don't always loose," he defended himself.

"Who has the number?" J.Heart pointed out.

"Ah, sorry to interrupt but I only gave you my number to give to your friend," the girl from the bar gave me a small smile.

"I don't want it," I shrugged.

"Oh, do you have a girlfriend?" she frowned.

"No, but that doesn't mean I want your number,"

"Take it and call me when you're in the mood for a little fun," she smirked. If she had of said that two months ago I would have jumped at the offer, but I'm just not interested.

"What makes you think I'm that type of guy?"

"What makes you think you're not?" she challenged.

"Look, I don't want your number. So you can either leave it with him or take it and just leave: Your choice," I snapped.

"Let's hope you're more fun than your friend," she muttered leaving.

"Okay, that's settled Daeil and Jaehyo buy the next round," J.Heart clapped his hands.

"Let's get some food too," I suggested finishing the last of what was in my glass

"Sounds like a plan,"

We decided what we wanted to eat and ordered it along with a round of drinks. Daeil was still bitter about the fact her lost to J.Heart, he made it a point to complain about the fact he lost to me. In his own words; 'how did I manage to lose to Seyong? He wasn't even playing because he was too busy moping over a girl that is clearly way out of his league'. I didn't disagree with him, she was definitely out of my league. Not so much on the looks level, not that she wasn't attractive because she was. But she was definitely a better person than I am. I didn't blame her for rejecting me.

"Have you heard anymore about debuting?" Jaehyo asked taking a shot of Soju. He's already been here with B Bomb for about an hour, so he'd already had a bit to drink and he was starting to show it. I mean to an outsider he didn't seem to be feeling the affects but I've know Jaehyo long enough so see the signs; he was was talking a little faster and hes cheeks were turning pink.

"We just keep getting told soon," I shrugged.

"So, who's this girl that's out of your league?" B Bomb raised an eyebrow.

"No one," I shrugged.

"She's living in his dorm, she was cooking him seafood pancake when we got there, Busan style," Daeil raved.

"You're dating your house keeper?" Jaehyo frowned.

"She's not a house keeper," I glared,

"She's one of the members sisters,"

"Sisters? As in more than one?" Daeil smirked.

"Her sister's dating Insoo, you couldn't handle her anyway," I muttered rolling my eyes.

"I bet I could,"

"She'd eat you alive,"

"Would she?" he smirked.

"Yes, besides that there's no way you could take her from Insoo, he loves her too much," I rambled.

"So hows the new album coming along?" J.Heart asked Daeil.

"Pretty good, I get to do the choreography the title song," Daeil shrugged.

We talked while we ate and drank, and drank, and drank. An hour later we were still drinking, Jaehyo had finally surpassed mildly drunk and taken a turn to so drunk he was making out with himself in one of the mirror pillars. Well, it started out as him blowing raspberries on it, then he just started making out with himself.

"I think it's time to get him back to the dorm,before he gets himself in trouble and it ends up in the media," B Bomb frowned at his friend.

"We'll catch up again soon," J.Heart nodded.

"Come on," B Bomb escorted Jaehyo from the bar.

INSOO

I was sitting in the lounge room flicking through the channels, it was about 3 a.m. right now and all I really wanted to do was crawl into bed with Jiyeon. She was in so much pain earlier that it made her physically sick. I'd wanted to stay with her when I took her back to her apartment, but she said she'd be fine after she took some painkillers and gone to sleep. She didn't want the company either but that didn't exactly encourage me to leave her alone.

Somehow though, she convinced me she was fine. Apparently it's not abnormal for her period pain to be this bad, it didn't seem normal to be but then again; what would I know? Anyway she told me that she'd call me when she woke up.

I'd expected Seyong to come home early, but apparently Daeil and J.Heart had somehow managed to keep him out this late.

My phone started buzzing on the coffee table in front of me, I was hoping it was Jiyeon but to my dismay 'Seyong' flashed across the screen.

"Hey," I answered.

"Hey Insoo, can you com and get Seyong? He's a little drunk, well, he's a lot drunk and he wont let us bring him home," J.Hearts voice filled the receiver.

"I don't need your help," Seyong slurred in the background.

"He's being difficult," Daeil sounded deflated.

"I'm not difficult Jaeil, you are," Seyong muttered loudly.

"I thought I was Dae Heart,"

"Not he's Dae Heart, stupid,"

"Just let us take you home," Daeil sighed.

"No, I don't want to go home and don't even think about calling Insoo. He'll ruin all the fun, he's such a part pooper," he huffed.

"Why are we outside?"

"You wanted to go somewhere different,"  Daeil said.

"Because we're going home," J.Heart stated.

"No, let's go to Busan instead. I haven't been there in so long!" he yelled.

"Not tonight Seyong," Daeil sighed,

"You're lame,"

"There are no trains or buses until morning anyway," J.Heart stated.

"This is why you can't get numbers, the girls can tell how boring you are," he huffed at his friends.

"Would you please sit down? You're going to get yourself hit by a car," J.Heart  stated.

"Yeah right, a car wouldn't dare hit me,"

"Go get him," J.Heart sighed to Daeil I assumed.

"Awe," I heard Seyong whine.

"What now?" J.Heart sighed.

"I lost my shoe, the drain ate it,"

"Would you please come and get him?" he pleaded into the phone.

"I'll be there soon,"

When I got there they he was arguing with the drain. There was a look of relief that flooded J.Hearts face when he seen me.

"Give me it back! If you're so hungry I'll go buy you friend chicken," he whined.

"Thank you," J.Heart sighed, he looked exhausted.

"Here are his keys, wallet, and phone," Daeil handed me a handful of objects.

"Come on Seyong," I called.

"You called Insoo?" he frowned.

"Yes they did, now get in the car so we can go check on Eunji,"

"Eunji? Why aren't you there with her?" he frowned.

"Because you wouldn't let these two bring you home, so hurry up and get in the car," 
 

***
 

"Shut up Seyong," I sighed helping him in the front door.

"Shhhh," he put his finger over his mouth. He hiccuped the laughed when he almost poked himself in the eye.

"You're hopeless,"

He stumbled up the stairs crawling like a child so he didn't fall. Only having one shoe wasn't helping him either. He wouldn't take the other one off because he was protesting against drains that steal shoes.

I followed behind him to make sure he didn't hurt himself because he refused to let me help him any further. He stumbled down the hallway towards Eunji's room, her door was open slightly and her light was on. He didn't seem to notice this as he pushed the door the rest of the way and attempted to sneak into her bedroom to  check on her.

She was sitting at her desk, one leg up on the chair, she was using her knee to rest her chin on as she read through the text. Her other leg dangled swinging back and forth. She still had his jumper on, well the one she bought for him. I wonder if she realized.  She looked up from her text book and frowned as Seyong continued crawling to the carpet in the middle of the room.

"What's wrong?" she frowned pulling the headphones from her ears.

"Nothing, he's just a bit drunk,"

EUNJI

Seyong crawled through my room and stopped when he reached the carpet where he laid on his chest staring at me. His cheeks were red and his eyes were bloodshot. A bit drunk?

"You're really pretty when you study, I like you're glasses,"

"Huh?" I frowned at him.

"And I like your dingily dangley bits, they're cute too," he wiggled his fingers on the side of his head. Was he talking about my hair?

"You should do that more," he nodded rolling onto his back.

"Okay, let's get you into bed," Insoo stated.

"You should at least buy me dinner first," Seyong laughed at his own joke.

"How about I buy you breakfast instead? Come on," Insoo rolled his eyes.

"I'm already in bed, stupid, " Seyong muttered with his eyes closed.

"No, you're lying on Eunji's floor. Let's go," Insoo went to help his friend up, but Seyong just frailed his limbs around, whining like a child making it impossible.

"You can't stay here,"

"It's fine," I found myself saying.

"Are you sure?" Insoo frowned.

"Yeah, I'll probably be up all night studying anyway. It will be easier for you to just leave him there," I shrugged.

"Okay, but if there's any problem just come get me," he hesitantly left the room.

I found myself staring at Seyong for a while, his chest rose and dropped slowly. His face screwed up slightly as he curled up into a ball, it was kind of cold tonight. I sighed getting up from my seat.

Pulling the blanket and a pillow from my bed, I stood there and stared at him for a moment he twitched his nose frowning. Everything about him right now, other than the strong smell of alcohol, was so adorable that I couldn't help by smile. I carefully slid the pillow under his head and covered him in the blanket, he stired slightly but stayed asleep.

When I stood up I caught my own reflection in the mirror and frowned. My face we completely free of make up, my hair had been thrown up into a messy bun, and not the kind of messy girls spend hours perfecting. No, it was more like the I need to study get out of my face kind of messy. The dingily dangley bits that Seyong was referring too was the little bits of hair I'd missed or were too short to be tied back.

Did he really think this looked cute? My cheeks turned a light shade of pink as a small smile tried to force its way onto my face. I shook my head, I was just embarrassed that I looked like this. Not because he complimented me...right? It's not like I enjoyed being complimented by him, I'm not flustered or anything like that because that would mean I have some kind of feelings for him, and I don't...do I?

I sighed making my way back to the desk, putting my headphones back on to drown out my thoughts I continued studying. But every now and then I stole a look at his sleeping figure curled up in my blanket.

SEYONG

I stretched out expecting to hit the wall with my hand but there was nothing there, my bed wasn't this big, or hard. Did I go home with someone last night? Guilt rushed through me, why? I frowned as a familiar smell filled me nose, slowly I sat up, my eyes still shut.

I was a little worried about what I would find when I opened them.

"You're awake," Insoo's voice broke through the silence, I frowned opening my eyes.

I was sitting on the floor in Eunji's room... why was I in Eunji's room? Under her blanket... at least I was clothed. She wasn't in here though.

"You look so awkward," Insoo smirked when I stayed quiet.

"Shut up," I frowned.

"Okay grumpy, did someone wake up on the wrong side of the floor?"

"Why am I on the floor?"

"You crawled in here last night to check on Eunji, you kind of just laid down there and refused to move. Of course this was after you told Eunji she looked cute with her dingily dangley bits. Anyway she said to just leave you there,"

"You were so sneaky bout it too," he smirked sarcastically.

"So where did she sleep?"

"She didn't, she was studying all night,"

"Where is she now?"

"She's making you handover soup, I told her you wouldn't need it but she still making it,"

"Oh,"

"You should probably shower before you go downstairs, you look like crap and still smell like alcohol,"

"Why am I only wearing one shoe?" I fowned down at my feet.

"The drain ate the other one,"

"What?"

"You were screwing around near the road a lost it down the drain, you were claiming it was eaten by the drain. You were negotiating with when I got there, you even offered to buy the drain friend chicken if it gave you your shoe back,"

"So I walked around with just one on?"

"You were protesting against the shoe eating drains," he stated leaving the room.

EUNJI

I was just pouring some of the broth into the bowl as Seyong entered the room, he still looked tired but he'd showered. His hair was still damp, he gave me a small smile sitting on one of the stool at the bench in front of me.

"Morning," he mumbled his voice still sounding a little croaky.

"How are you feeling?"

"Bit of a headache, a little sick,"

"That's what you get for drinking" I smirked.

"You're wearing your glasses," he commented,

"Yeah, wearing contact while studying so much just makes my eyes hurt," I felt the need to explain so he didn't think it was because he'd said he thought they were cute - because it wasn't... The fact that my hair was still a mess also had nothing to do with what he's said last night, I just hadn't gotten around to showering yet.

INSOO

Eunji's cheeks were turning pink as she looked at him eating the soup she'd just place in front of him, he'd look up and stare at her when she looked away. Her gaze would return to him when he looked back down at his bowl of soup that he had no need for but possibly hunger.

He barely gets hungover, but he made it a point to seem as though he was at least slightly feeling the after affects, whether that was because she put the effort into making him soup or because he wanted her attention on him. My money would be on it being because he enjoys her attention being directed at him more so than it being about the effort she put in. Either way, he felt it necessary and she seemed to like the fact she was taking care of him.