Chapter Thirty Two

Day By Day {MYNAME}

"So Eunji's not coming?" EunBi frowned packing the last of her things into her bag.

The boys were being sent on a camping trip as a sort of relaxation slash team building thing, before they debut and the company had been kind enough to extend the invitation to EunBi, Eunji and myself.

"She's coming, she just has some things to take care of at the university first,"

"So why aren't we waiting for her?"

"She doesn't know what time she'll be finished," I shrugged.

"But how's she getting down there?"

"One of the boys will drive her down," I zipped up my suitcase and wheeled it from the room as Insoo was coming out of his.

"Here, let me take that," he half smiled taking the case by the handle before I had a chance to object.

"Is this your only bag?"

"Uh, yeah, I've got the other one," he nodded and took it down the stairs to the car without another word.

I followed him down to the car after getting my backpack. Things had been a little weird between us since the Ferris wheel, well not weird, a little awkward maybe. I think talking about it brought it all back for him, maybe he wasn't ready to talk about it just yet. I shouldn't have pushed him too either and I definitely shouldn't have thrown it in his face like I did. I think he's mad at me because he told me.

"Are you okay?" I found myself asking.

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"You've been a little distant,"

"Have I?"

"Yeah," I sighed.

"I guess I'm just a little worried about debuting," he shrugged.

"Is that all?" I frowned,

"What else would there be?" he was still facing Insoo of the car boot shuffling bags around, not once turning to face me.

"What you told me on the Ferris wheel," he paused when I mentioned it and sighed.

"What about it?" he asked slowly, keeping his back to me.

"You've been acting weird since, it's like you're still mad at me,"

"I'm not mad at you Ji," he sighed finally turning to face me.

"What is it then?"

"Honestly, I'm a little ashamed, guilty, and a bit worried,"

"Over what?" I frowned.

"Ashamed that I couldn't protect myself, guilty that Seyong had to be the one to tell you because I couldn't, and worried that you're going to think differently of me now that you know,"

I just stood there frowning at him, trying to think of the right words.

EUNJI

I sighed walking out of the dance room; seeing as the auditorium had flooded the director wanted each group to show him their routine. Apparently, there was speculation that the flooding was deliberate, so I just spent two hours waiting and 40 minutes dancing with Kwangmin who decided to be a little extra hands on. It would have been tolerable if the director hadn't of insisted on giving us pointers and having us redo it five times.

I pulled my phone from my pocket to call Zelo, (1) New Message(s) was written across my screen.

Hey, we're leaving now I'll ring you when we get there.

-Jiyeon

"Hey," Zelo appeared in front of me.

"I thought I was meeting you at the company?" I slid my phone back into my pocket.

"I had to drop something off to one of the teachers, I figured I'd come check if you were ready," he shrugged.

"Bribing the teachers?" I smirked.

"No actually, I had some assignments to hand it,"

"Shall we get going then?" I nodded.

We headed down the hallway towards the parking lot, he opened my door for me as my phone started to ring.

"Hello?" I answered as I did up my belt.

"Hey, we just got here," Ji stated.

"Okay, well we're on the way to the company then we'll probably just head down from there,"

"He may as well bring a change of clothes, in cases it's too late to drive back,"

"Are you sure?"

"I'm not going to let him drive home if it's too dark,"

"Okay, I'll message you when we're leaving,"

"Okay drive safe,"

"We will,"

"What's up?"

"Ji said to bring a change of clothes with you and to drive safely,"

"A change of clothes?"

"She doesn't want you driving too late," I shrugged.

"It's only like 10:30, an hour at the studio, swing by your apartment to get your bags and then we'll be off. It's only a three-hour drive, I'll be home by 6 ish,"

"You argue with her,"

"I'll just drop you and run," he smirked.

"Don't make me sit there and watch EunBi and Seyong be all flirty," I pouted.

"I'll think about it," he teased.

SEYONG

"Come for a drive?" Insoo asked walking into the cabin.

When we heard camping we expected tents but that wasn't the case. Instead of tents, there were cabins scattered around a large grassed area with a seating area for bonfires and barbeques. There was a path that led down and around the lake, it was actually really nice here. The company rented three cabins that were side by side and kind of secluded from the rest; Gunwoo, Chaejin and JunQ were in the first cabin, myself and Insoo were in the last one. The girls were put in the middle cabin- just in case something happened.

"Where too?" I sighed sitting up, I'd been laying on the bed staring at the ceiling bored for the last twenty minutes.

"To get some snacks, maybe some Soju, there's a store maybe twenty minutes down the road,"

"Yeah, okay," I got up following him out to the car.

***

"Why don't you tell her you like her?" Insoo asked as he threw another packet into the basket I was carrying.

"What?"

"Eunji, that you like her,"

"Who says I like her?"

"You did, but even if you didn't the fact you're mopey when she's not around and that you got excessively jealous when you found out Zelo was driving her down pretty much gave you away,"

"Zelo's the one that's bringing her down?" I frowned.

"Yes? I thought you knew that?"

"I was told one of her male friends was driving her, I didn't know it was Zelo. Doesn't she have any female friends?" I sighed.

"But you don't like her?" He raised an eyebrow.

"What difference does it make anyway? She'll just think I'm trying to sleep with her again and even if she didn't why would she like me back after all the stuff I did to her?"

"From what I've seen, all of the stuff you've done for her has had her develop feelings for you,"

"Yeah and I'm Luffy,"

"You wish you were Luffy," he rolled his eyes.

"Maybe you should talk to Jiyeon then, she might help you,"

"I think she would rather drown me in the lake then help me date her sister,"

"I think she'll help you,"

EUNJI

I'd been sitting on the lounge for almost three hours watching the boys do their dance practice, and it didn't look like they were going to be done anytime soon. I got up and stood just outside the door so I could call Jiyeon without the noise.

"Hey where are you guys?"

"We haven't left yet, Zelo had dance practice so we will probably get there around dinner time,"

"You're lucky I have EunBi to keep me company," she teased.

"Mm," I hummed,

"You know she's basically his little sister, there is literally not romantic feelings there what so ever,"

"I find that hard to believe, you've seen how they act,"

"Why don't you just tell him you like him? He was pretty interested in you when we first moved in,"

"I figure he's tired of getting nothing but rejection. Besides that interest was him wanting in my pants, nothing more,"

"I think he feels more than that now,"

"Did you hit your head?" I frowned.

"I'm just saying that he seems different,"

"It doesn't matter," I sighed as a sweaty Zelo came from the room.

"Eunji,"

"I got to go, I'll call you when we leave," I said hanging up.

JIYEON

I frowned down at the phone, did she seriously think he didn't like her anymore? I may not have been too impressed by it, however, the rejection did nothing but cause him to develop actual feelings for her. I can see that he likes her, and not the I want in your pants type of like. It's more like the I want to take you places and look after you kind of like. And as much as I hate to admit it, he would look after her, he's been doing it a lot lately anyway.

"Was that Eunji?" EunBi bounced into the cabin.

"Yeah,"

"Is she in her way?"

"Not yet, but by the sounds of it, they should be leaving soon,"

"So who's bringing her?" she tried to ask casually.

"I'm not sure, Ricky is still on tour and Minwoo doesn't have his licence yet so either Zelo or one of the twins and seeing as Eunji and Kwangmin are in a weird place I doubt he'll bring her,"

"Oh, uh Seyong and Insoo are back they want to know where to put the food," she frowned at my long explanation.

EUNJI

I was sitting on the lounge in the B.A.P dorm waiting for Zelo to get out of the shower, he was the last to get in there, well from those who'd come home. Youngjae and Jongup had stayed back at the company, Himchan had showered then got to the hospital because he'd hurt his leg and Bang had gone to his room to work on a composition that had apparently been in his head all day.

Daehyun who had showered before Zelo had just walked out of their shared room wearing nothing but a towel he'd wrapped around his waist. I turned away when I realised I was staring, watching the water run down his abs.

"Can I talk to you?"

"After you get dressed," I muttered.

I heard him sighed and then footsteps, I peeked through my fingers to see and empty room. He came back out wearing black skinny jeans and a blue cardigan. He made his way over and hesitantly sat next to me on the lounge. We sat silently for a while, I silently pleaded for Zelo to hurry up in the shower when Daehyun finally said something.

"About the club the other night, I wanted to apologise. I got a little carried away and I guess I kind of took advantage of the situation and of you," he rubbed the back of his neck looking directly ahead.

"I kind of let you," I shrugged.

"Is it because I'm so attractive?" he smirked.

"I felt sorry for you," I glared as Zelo came out of the room dressed in blue jeans and a plain white shirt with a blue button down shirt over the top.

He paused and looked between both Daehyun and I, then gave Daehyun a strange look. Dae held his hands up defensively as though he was about to be arrested.

"I was just apologising, nothing more,"

"Are you ready to go?" I asked.

"I just need to get some clothes," he nodded.

JIYEON

"Nice cabin you have here," Insoo walked in, EunBi had gone wandering off with Gunwoo, she seemed to find his theories intriguing.

"I'd rather be sharing one with you," I mumbled.

"I bet you would," he nodded staying by the doorway.

"You can come in you know,"

"It's okay, I just came to ask you a favour,"

"Oh, what is it?"

"I know Seyong isn't your favourite person, but he does really like Eunji and I know that his reputation doesn't exactly plead a good case but," Insoo continued to ramble defending his friend, but there was honestly no need.

"Insoo, what's the favour?" I sighed.

"He's under the impression that Eunji doesn't like him because of the things he said and did when you guys first moved in, but I can see that he really likes her so I thought maybe you could talk to him? Maybe help him a little?" Insoo frowned.

"I'll talk to him," I nodded.

"Really?" he looked surprised.

"Yeah," I nodded again.

"Thank you," he smiled walking in to kiss my cheek before leaving.

I followed him out of the cabin, Seyong was sitting on one of the chairs around the pit where the fire was going to be lit later tonight. I contemplated whether I should talk to him now or wait and see if he comes to me.

"Hey Jiyeon can I talk to you?" Gunwoo came out of nowhere.

I hadn't seen much of him recently, I figured that's because I was barely at the dorm but Eunji mentioned that he's there even less than I am. I think it's been hard for her with neither of us there that much and her being in a house full of new people. But she seems to have been doing okay.

"Yeah," I nodded turning to face him properly.

SEYONG

I sat by myself around the fire pit, deciding whether to talk to Jiyeon or not. In all honestly, I think she'll flatly refuse to help me or she'll hit me, either way I loose. Besides that there is no way that Eunji would feel anything like that towards me and we've just become friends, do I want to risk her friendship and confess then have her think I'm just trying to get in her pants again? But what if by some miracle, Insoo was right?

"What are you thinking so seriously about?" EunBi asked sitting down next to me.

"Nothing," I shrugged leaning back in my chair.

"Right,"

"You're a girl, well kind of," I frowned at her.

"Thanks?" she frowned back.

"No I mean you think like a girl, right?"

"I guess,"

"So if you liked a guy, what would you be like around them?"

"Uh, why?" she watched me carefully.

"Never mind," I sighed shaking my head.

"If this is about Eunji,"

"It's not," I said a little too quickly.

"Okay in this hypothetical situation, say you liked a girl, let's call her Eunji. So say you like Eunji and you wanted to know whether she liked you too, why don't you just tell her?"

"What type of advice is that?" I frowned.

"The quickest way to find out, besides that, from what I can tell Eunji doesn't like complicated or mind games," she stated then got up and left.

"Well that was no help," I muttered to myself.

JIYEON

"Since when?" I frowned at Gunwoo.

"Since, well before we moved into the dorm, but we were only talking. Then we met again at the bar and things actually started to get official,"

"So when do we get to meet her?" I asked.

Apparently, the friends Gunwoo had been going out with wasn't actually friends, just one and it seems that she is actually more than just his friend.

"Ahh," he frowned.

"What? Do I not get to meet her?"

"You and Eunji never really got along with anyone I've introduced you to before,"

"We gave them a chance, until we figured out they were out for your money or try and change you into something you're not, then we saw it as them or us, you were all we had left," I shrugged.

"I'll think about," he bit his lip walking away.

I frowned after him, it was about time he found someone, I was beginning to think his weird was going to keep him single forever.

I looked back towards Seyong who look looked more confused, frowning after EunBi who was walking away from where he was sitting. He rubbed his face with both hands looking a little frustrated. I sighed making my way down to him, I sat down next to him quietly and stained out towards the lake.

"Hey," he finally said.

"Hey," I nodded.

"Can, can I ask you something?" he asked hesitantly.

"Yes those pants do make up your look big," I nodded.

"I'm trying to be serious here," he sighed.

"Okay, what would you like to ask?"

"I know I'm not your favourite person, and there is probably no chance you'll ever let me anywhere near your sister but on the off chance you do," he sighed looking down at his feet.

"Look I like your sister, which is saying something considering I've never actually liked a girl like this before. I know that the way I treated her was horrible and if I could go back I would hit myself. I probably have no leg to stand on but," he sighed again, there was a long pause then he turned to face me.

"I need your help,"

SEYONG

She just stared at me for a moment, expressionless which I didn't take as a good sign.

"If you had of asked me this a few weeks ago, there would have been no chance of me helping you and if I'm being honest I'm still not sure I'm okay with it. But after you telling me about Insoo's dad, and him explaining to me why you two are so close, I don't see why letting you try would hurt. You did help her when Hymen showed up, and you did stay up all night looking after her when she had food poisoning,"

"So you'll help me?"

"If you answer something for me," she nodded.

"What?"

"Why did you help Insoo with his dad? From what I understand you hadn't known him too long,"

"I'd known him long enough, he was my friend. He was always covered in bruised and he always had some stupid excuse for them but they were stupid enough to believe until he stayed at our house the night EunBi was born. He spilt something on his shirt and he freaked out apologising, there was pure fear I his eyes, but he was a kid and it was no big deal just an accident. So my mother sent him up to the spare room and told him to get changed and she would wash his shirt for him. He took a while to come back down so I went to get him, he was in the bathroom trying to wash the shirt himself. His back was purple, and they weren't just ordinary bruises that he could make up some excuse for, they were visible hand marks. Maybe if I said something instead of leaving it until he was ready to tell me," I sighed shaking my head.

"So when he rang me to see if I wanted to go and hang out, and I heard his dad, I couldn't let it happened again, he was my friend, it didn't matter how long I'd known him, he was still my friend. So I took a big bit of wood from my dad's workshop and went over there,"

~Flashback~

"Seyong, Insoo's on the phone," mum poked her head into my bedroom. I put down the comic I was reading and followed her down the stairs to the phone in the kitchen.

"Hey Insoo, what's up?"

"Do you want to go to the beach today? I'm kind of bored around the house," he sounded tired.

"Hey mum can I go to the beach with Insoo?" I looked over at mum who was getting lunch ready, she nodded

"Mum said it was okay, are you going to come over here or did you want to meet on the beach?"

"Insoo," a male's voice boomed into the speaker.

"Uh, I'll come to you," he muttered quietly.

"Are you okay?"

"Answer me when I'm calling you" his father's voice was loud to me so I can only imagine how loud it was to Insoo.

"I'll meet you on the beach," there was shuffling in the other end, I guess he'd meant to hang the phone up but he hadn't.

"I'm out the back," I heard Insoo answer.

"Where's your mother?"

"She went to lunch with her friends,"

"Again?" he growled.

"She does it every week,"

"Don't sass me, " he growled then there was a loud smack that made me jump.

"Why do yon have the phone?" his father growled, there was more rustling.

"Hello?" his dad was angry

"Hello?" he snapped again.

put the phone down and let mum know I was leaving, and raced out the door. I grabbed a piece of wood that was leaning against the outside of dad's work shed then ran down the street towards Insoo's. It was usually a five-minute work, it took me just under a minute to get there.

"I've had just about enough of your attitude, you've become a right little smart after you started hanging around with that Seyong kid. Well, no more, as of today you no longer get to see him, you don't go to his house," I heard his dad from the backyard.

Still panting, I tried to make my way through the side gate but it was locked so I had to climb over it pulling the piece of wood with me. I'm not sure why I'd brought it, protection?

I heard the thuds before I turned the corner, when I did Insoo's father had him by the throat, Insoo's face was turning blue. I froze for a moment not sure what to do, Insoo's eyes started to roll back into his head. My hand tighten around the wood, I ran forward and swung it as hard as I could hitting his father in the back.

He let go of Insoo and turned to face me, I quickly moved so I was standing between them. Insoo had started coughing behind me.

"Get out of my house," he glared at me.

"I'm not in your house, I'm in the backyard," I shrugged.

"Get off my property before I call the police," he threatened.

"Okay, oneit's not your property because you're a deadbeat alcoholic and It's Mrs Kangs money and therefore her property. And secondlywhat are you going to tell the police? I came over to my friend's house? Shall we let them in on the child abuse that they could arrest you for?"

"I'll show you child abuse,"

"Take another step and I'll hit you again," I threatened.

"You don't have it in you,"

"Do you want to test me?" I held my ground.

~End~

JIYEON

"So are you going to help me now?" he sighed.

"You need to talk to her, and confess,"

"Why would I do that?"

"She likes you Seyong. I don't know when it happened but it did and she's not going to make the first move because she is under the impression that you like EunBi,"

"EunBi?" he frowned at me.

"Yeah, she seems to think you two are a thing or are going to be,"

"Have I not been obscenely blunt about liking her?"

"Technically, you haven't given her any form of confession since you tried to get in her pants, and she seems to believe that you're probably tired of chasing her and only getting rejection, she thinks you've given up,"

"So what am I suppose to do?"

"Confess again,"

"Why? She'll just think I'm hitting on her again and reject me,"

"No she won't, look, she doesn't like games and she won't pick up on your subtly. You need to pull her aside and be completely honest, and genuine with her. Let her know that you and EunBi are nothing more that friends and that she's the one you like,"

"I don't know,"

"Think about it," I shrugged getting up and making my way back to my cabin which Insoo had been leaning against watching us.

"You're amazing," he smiled.

"I know,"