Chapter Forty Two

Day By Day {MYNAME}

Ricky and I were setting up the booth in the middle of campus, we figured it had the most flow of people so we were likely to sell more. Jiyeon had helped me make; butter cookies, chapssal doughnuts (rice ball doughnuts), mandupi churros (dumpling skin churros), seaweed spring rolls, sweet rice bars with fruit and nuts, bulgogi kimbap, bacon and avocado sushi rolls, Nutella stuffed doughnut holes, hotteok (sweet pancake), honey sponge cake, gyongdan (sweet rice cake), chapssalddeok (sticky rice cake), ginger cookies, chestnut cookies, cornbread, and songpyeon (rice cake).

It had taken hours but it was nice to be baking with Ji again and now there was a lot of food to sell. Of course, I had to fight off Seyong, who kept trying to steal some. He seemed pretty pleased that every time he came near me I got flustered, I think he would do it on purpose. He definitely did it on purpose. I couldn't get it out of my head, how close we'd been to kissing. I still didn't know if I would have let him kiss me, or if I would have moved at the last second.

"So," Ricky interrupted my internal babble.

"What?"

"You cooked a lot," he stated as if it meant something.

"Ji helped and I figured; the more food we had, the more money we'd make," I shrugged,

"Is that all?"

"What do you mean?" was I missing something?

"You weren't cooking out your frustration?"

"What frustration?"

"Or avoiding kissing Seyong?" he ignored my question.

"What? Seyong was there the whole time," I shrugged.

"That doesn't mean you weren't avoiding it,"

"I wasn't avoiding it,"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes I'm sure, we almost kissed before I'd even started cooking,"

"Almost?" he raised an eyebrow.

"I'd just started cooking; he got home, tried to steal a cookie, we had a flour fight, that turned into us being nose to nose, and then Jiyeon walked in,"

"So?"

"So, I freaked out and now I'm second guessing myself again," I sighed.

"You are absolutely hopeless," he laughed.

"I know,"

JIYEON

"So you don't even have to go into the company today?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

He shook his head. He was acting weird, he slept until 9 which is about 5 hours longer than normal. I mean, he needed that and it wasn't all that weird for him to sleep late when he doesn't have to work. But he had continued to stay in bed for an hour, which is a little weird. He normally only stays in bed if I'm there, if not, he's normally up fiddling with something, usually his piano, or suggesting we go out somewhere.

When he finally did get up, he just laid down on the lounge and watched t.v. Which, I guess wouldn't be weird if he didn't look like it was the last thing he wanted to be doing. I'd even offered to go on a lunch date, which normally he would jump at, but today it was just; 'I'm not hungry, why don't you call Eunji or Su Min?'. I don't know if he was just depressed about the delay? Or if it was something else? All he would say was that he was tired and didn't feel like going out.

"Are you sure you're not hungry? If you don't want to go out we can have some lunch here before I go to work?"

"Not really," he shrugged.

"Do you want to come with me? You haven't seen me model in a while, and we could get dinner on the way home?" I offered.

"I don't really feel like going out, but could I have a glass of water?" he sat up stretching his legs out, sitting his feet up on the coffee table

"Sure," I sighed. I was kind of annoyed to b honest. I mean, I understand if he's tired, but I'm trying and he just seems completely uninterested.

"Can you please get your feet off my coffee table?" I raised an eyebrow making my way back over with his glass.

"It's our coffee table," he retorted.

"Get your feet off our coffee table?" I stated, pushing his legs with my foot.

The second his foot hit the floor, he let out a painful cry.

SEYONG

What am I doing?

Everyone else was busy today, I had nothing to do, and I didn't want to sit at home on my own bored or watching t.v. I also wanted to do something for Eunji. I thought maybe I could cook her something because she's always cooking for us. Then I realised that I might not be the best cook, so I decided to take a cooking class. Now that I'm here, I feel stupid. But I didn't want to ask Jiyeon for help, or anyone else that I knew for that matter. No one even knows I'm here, the amount of crap I'd get from Insoo alone, was enough to have me keep it a secret.

EUNJI

"What time is your exam?" Ricky asked, sales were quiet right now, then again everyone was pretty much in a class or doing an exam.

It's been like this all day, everyone would come in waves in between classes, then it would die down and we'd be a few people stop in. The waves proved successful though, we'd pretty much sold half of what we have.

"In about an hour and a half," I shrugged.

"Did you want to go get some revision done before hand?"

"I've been doing nothing but revision, I think my brain could use the break,"

"Okay, but I've got this covered if you change your mind,"

"Hey," Ui Jin smiled as he approached the booth.

"Hi," Ricky managed to choke out.

"What can we get you?" I asked holding back a smirk.

"Ah, I'm not sure, what would you suggest?" he turned to Ricky, who stared at him blankly.

I could see what had Ricky lost for words. Ui Jin was tall and slim, his dark blue jean fit him nicely, his grey tee shirt was loose on him but you could still see his body line. His hair was tousled and his glasses sat on his face, which he didn't usually wear. He looked like he'd been up all night but his smile was still bright and kind.

"Ricky?" he frowned.

"I, uh, it's all good," he finally managed.

"What's your favourite?" he asked casually but continued to only look at Ricky.

"Uh," Ricky frowned looking down at the food to focus on his words.

"Well, if you want something sweet; there's the butter cookies or gyongdan. But if you feel like savoury; bulgogi kimbap or the bacon and avocado sushi rolls. Personally, I really love the Nutella stuffed doughnut holes,"

"I'll have four of those then," he smiled.

"Four of what?" Ricky frowned looking up.

"Nutella stuffed doughnut holes," he laughed,

"Oh, right," Ricky hurried to put four in a paper bag.

"Do you guys sell coffee by chance?" Ui Jin turned to me.

"No, but there is a really good café around the corner,"

"Really?"

"Yeah, Ricky could show you," I nodded but Ricky wasn't paying attention.

"That'll be," Ricky tried to do the math handing Ui Ji the paper bag.

"Here, keep the change," Ui Jin laughed softly and handed him $20.

"That's way too much,"

"Why don't you buy me coffee and we'll call that my change?" Ui Jin smiled.

"What?" Ricky looked at him wide eyed.

"You don't drink coffee?"

"No, I love coffee, uh, but," Ricky looked at me.

"Go on, I can handle this, just be back before I have to go to my exam," I nodded.

"When's your exam?" Ui Jin asked.

"Just over an hour,"

"We'll be back before then," he nodded.

"Have fun, oh, and bring me back a coffee," I muttered to Ricky who had gone bright red.

INSOO

Pain shot right up my leg the second the heel of my foot hit the floor. Fear was the next thing to shoot through me. Not from the possibility that I could have just torn the ligament, or anything involving myself really. I was more afraid of Jiyeon's reaction, which went from; worry, to realisation, to angry. She just stared at me for a while, I wasn't sure if she was waiting for me to speak or if she was trying to figure out what to say but I didn't like her silence.

"What just happened?" she raised and eyebrow crossing her arms over her chest.

"Funny story really," I laughed awkwardly.

"So, I kind of hurt myself during dream team," I stated slowly.

"What exactly is funny about that?"

"Well, uh," I frowned.

"Wait, 'kind of ' hurt yourself?"

"Uh, I just stretched a knee ligament," I tried to make it sound like it was nothing to worry about.

"Just stretched a...." she let out a long sigh.

"Well, it could be torn after that," I tried to joke.

"That's not funny,"

"It's fine," I assured her.

"Get dressed," I sighed.

"Why?"

"We need to make sure it hasn't torn, then you can come with me to my shoot,"

"It's fine, I didn't need to go to the hospital,"

"It's not a suggestion," she stated.

"Why are you so mad?" I frowned.

"You hid it from me, why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't want you to worry, you've been so busy with work and exams lately, I didn't want you to stress over this too,"

"You should have told me, I thought we were done keeping things from each other,"

"I'm sorry, I thought I was helping,"

"Just for the record, you flipped out when you found out about the tattoo I didn't tell you about, and that had nothing to do with my health,"

"I know, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have kept it from you, I should have known you'd figure it out eventually. You can't keep secrets from someone who lives under the same roof,"

JIYEON

"Did you really just keep it from me because you didn't want to add to the stress?" I sighed feeling guilty. I guess I don't really get to be mad at him, not with what I'm keeping secret.

"I feel guilty because it's my fault our debut has been delayed, again. We were so close, we were literally suppose to film our music video tomorrow and now everything is ruined because I couldn't land properly. That's why I didn't tell anyone, I didn't want everyone else to suffer because I might have hurt myself. If Seyong hadn't of noticed something was off, I still wouldn't have told anyone and we'd been debut on time,"

"And you would have made it worse and ruined your career completely," I stated.

"Maybe, but by that point, we would have debuted and they could have replaced me,"

"Seyong wouldn't replace you, he would have had a fit if someone even suggested it, and probably quit if they'd gone through with it,"

"Maybe," he shrugged.

"Go get changed so we can go to the hospital," I sighed.

"Ji, I'm fine, really,"

"I need to know I didn't just tear your ligament,"

"Okay," he nodded after a while.

"Do you need help up?"

"No, I'm okay," he stated.

SEYONG

I wasn't so bad, I mean I wasn't perfect but compared to my cooking ability before I walked into the classroom, I'd say I was pretty average. Not that I was happy about being classified in the average category, but at least I was going to be able to cook a meal without giving either Eunji or myself food poisoning. I had the recipe written down and the list of ingredients.

I wasn't sure what we had at home and what we didn't, obviously, because I don't actually spend time in the kitchen. So I made my way down to the market to get everything I'd need. When I got to the market, I wasn't sure what to get. I mean, I had the list of things but there were so many types of the same vegetable, I didn't know which one to get. I couldn't call Eunji for obvious reasons, Insoo would only ridicule me, and Jiyeon would tell Insoo. I sighed pulling my phone from my pocket.

"Hello," her voice was as welcoming as always.

"Hey mum,"

"I haven't heard from you in a while," she scolded.

"I'm sorry, I've been really busy, I have tried to call a few times, you didn't pick up,"

"You're not the only one busy," she stated.

"I know, so how are you and dad?"

"We're good, you father got some new contracts so he's been busy, we both have. How are things with that girl you like?"

"Oh, yeah, that... I didn't tell you we were dating?" I frowned.

"I'm sorry? My son? In an actual relationship?"

"Why do you sound so surprised?"

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" she retorted.

"I forgot,"

"How long have you been dating?"

"About a month"

"A month? And you forgot to tell me?" she scolded.

"Yeah, I'm sorry it just kind of slipped my mind,"

"So do I get to meet her?"

"Of course, as soon as I talk to her about it,"

"Why do you need to talk to her about it?" she sounded offended.

"I was going to bring her down for EunBi's graduation, Dad's birthday is that week so I thought it would be good to do it all in one trip. I just haven't mentioned it to her yet,"

"Why not? Are you ashamed of your parents?"

"No, we're taking things slow, I don't want to scare her away by throwing her in the deep end too quickly,"

"What do you mean the deep end?"

"Mum," I whined.

"I'm just kidding sweetheart, take your time,"

"I actually called you because I had a question," I sighed changing the subject.

"What question, dear?"

"I'm cooking bibimbap for her tonight,"

"You're cooking?" she asked cautiously.

"Relax, I took a cooking class,"

"If you had of just let me teach you when you were younger," she sighed disapprovingly.

"Anyway, I'm at the market and I know what I need but not what to buy, there are like 50 different kinds of the same thing,"

"Alright, what's the first thing you need?"

EUNJI

Where were they? I had to be in the class room in ten minutes. We were almost sold out of everything, but there as still too much for me to just pack away into my backpack, and I couldn't just walk away from the stall. But that seems like the only option I had right now; I could just put the moneybox in my bag and go to my exam. He wasn't answering his phone either, what am I supposed to do?

"Sorry," Ricky came running around the corner, Ui Jin not far behind him.

"Wow, you sold a lot," Ui Jin smiled.

"I'd love to stay and talk but I'm going to be late if I don't go now,"

"Sorry, it's my fault, I'll help out," Ui Jin gave me an apologetic look.

"It's fine, I really have to go,"

"Message me when your exam is over," Ricky yelled after me.

I practically ran to my class, I was there literally one minute before he would have closed the doors to begin the exam. He gave me a disapproving look but said nothing other than 'Take a seat' which I did.

JIYEON

"He said there was no tear, it's fine," he sighed at me as we waited for Xander to come and pick us up.

"Why are you complaining? You get to see me model,"

"You're only bringing me so you can babysit me," he muttered.

"Partly, but I did ask you to come this morning before I found out you needed a babysitter,"

"I don't need a babysitter,"

"You used to insist on coming to my shoots before I actually got signed to a company and you got busy," I stated ignoring his comment.

"You didn't have a manager then," he muttered, I don't think he'd meant to say it out loud.

"You're jealous of Xander?" I smirked.

"I'm not jealous," he stated defensively.

"What are you then?"

"I just don't like him,"

"You haven't really met him," I frowned.

"So, he's showy and flashy, and shouldn't he pick you up and drop you off in a company car?"

"He does pick me up in a company car, he only drops me off in his car because he's also on his way home,"

"That's convenient," he muttered.

"Stop being jealous,"

"I'm not jealous,"

"You sure sound like you are,"

"I'm not,"

"Okay," I sighed.

INSOO

The black van pulled arrived not long after that. He got out of the car wearing ripped black skinny jeans, a yellow Pikachu shirt and a red beanie. I thought he was a manager? Why does he look like he's a model?

Okay, so maybe I am a little jealous, but I wasn't going to admit that. He stopped in front of us and looked Jiyeon up and down a few times, then turned to me and did the same. What was this guys problem?

"Why do you look so worried?" she frowned at him.

"You said to pick you up from the hospital,"

"Yeah, we had to get a few things check out," she shrugged him off.

"But you're fine right?"

"Shut up and get in the car, we're going to be late," she rolled her eyes at him.

"Is she like this with you? She's always so mean," he huffed.

"Come on Insoo," she ignored his comment and ushered me to the van.

"See, mean," he huffed, I just frowned getting in the back with Ji.

He made his way to the driver's seat muttering to himself.

"So why were you at the hospital?" he asked starting the car.

"None of your business," she retorted without looking in his direction, instead she looked down at her phone typing a message.

"It is if it affects your health,"

"It doesn't"

"You'd lie and say that regardless,"

"And get out of seeing your face?"

"Why are you always so mean to me?" he huffed.

"Why do you always complain?"

"You and Solji have so much in common,"

"That's not true, she's a lot nicer to Yoshi,"

"Only because Yoshi and Hyerin are dating,"

"Like Hyerin would mind," she yawned.

"So what's on the agenda today Xander?"

"You know it's Alexander?" he raised an eyebrow.

"You know I don't care?"

"We're doing something different today," he sighed.

"Like what?"

SEYONG

I'd managed to convince the rest of the MYNAME members to not be home for dinner, they didn't really make it hard, nor did they ask why. Once they'd left I started cutting vegetables and getting everything ready to make dinner for Eunji, I did have to call my mum back a few times to check some things but other than that I hadn't needed much help preparing. Now I just had to wait a while for her to be on her way home.

I didn't know when that was, I knew she had an exam this afternoon but I wasn't sure if she was going to still be selling things after that or if she had something else to do, maybe I should have checked before I'd done this...

I pulled my phone out to send her a message;

Hey, good luck with your exam, what time do you think you'll be home?

-Seyong

I was guessing she was still in her exam because she didn't reply.

EUNJI

I walked out of the room a little disappointed, I don't think I did all that well. I was worried that I might have failed the exam but I wasn't going to know until the end of the week. I sighed trying to reassure myself, I'd studied enough, I knew the answers, and if I did fail I had the rest of my exams to even out my grade. There was no use worrying over it until I got my results, but there was a useless nagging in the back of my head that wouldn't go away.

I pulled my phone out and turned it back on, I had two missed calls and a few messages. I quickly sent Ricky a message letting him know I was out of my exam and asking him if he still wanted to meet up somewhere. The missed calls were from Kwangmin who had been trying to get me to get back into practising our routine. I really didn't want too and we had about four months until we had to actually perform. Plus we had basically perfected the performance when we showed the Director, so there was really no point in practising right now. I was sure that he just wanted to do it so he could try and spread doubts through my head about Seyong, of which I had none.

There were also two messages from him, one asking if I wanted to meet up somewhere and rehearse, the other asking why I was ignoring him. There was another from Ricky apologising again for being late and that he hoped it didn't affect my results, then one from Zelo wishing me luck on my exam. The last was from Seyong;

Hey, good luck with your exam, what time do you think you'll be home?

-Seyong

Thank you. I'm not sure about 5, maybe 5:30. Why? Is something wrong?

-Eunji

No, nothing's wrong. I just thought we could do something.

-Seyong

Oh, I can come home now, what did you want to do?

-Eunji

It's okay, do what you need to do, 5:30 will be fine.

-Seyong

I couldn't tell if he was mad or not, it was hard to tell over text if he genuinely meant what he said or if he was disappointed.

Are you sure? I was only going t have a coffee with Ricky, he won't mind if I reschedule.

-Eunji

It's completely fine, really, 5:30 is perfect :)

-Seyong

Okay, well I'll see you when I get home. Did you want me to pick up something for dinner on my way?

-Eunji

No, it's okay, we'll get dinner while we're out.

-Seyong

Okay.

-Eunji

JIYEON

Insoo and I followed Xander through the company building into one of studios, there were already people in there waiting for us; the CEO, another guy about his age, and one of the male models I'd seen around the building a few times. I didn't know his name, I'd only really seen him in passing. I knew he was shy and didn't say much, but I had seen one or two of his shoots when Xander was showing me how things worked, and it was like a switch flipped in him.

"Jiyeon," the CEO beamed, he seemed to have taken a liking to me and my sass as he put it.

"CEO," I bowed.

"Is this the boyfriend?" he gestured to Insoo who was still standing in the doorway.

"Yes sir,"

"Come in, sit down," he waved him in.

"This is the marketing director from Jambangee, you're going to be modelling their clothes today, with Kwak Si Yang. Have you met before?"

"No,"

"That's not surprising, he's kind of reserved, be nice," he playfully glared at me.

"Am I ever anything but?"

"All the time," Xander sniggered behind me.

"Only to you," I retorted.

EUNJI

"Hey," I smiled sitting down at the table with Ricky, and Ui Jin.

"Hey, Ui Jin wanted to come and apologise,"

"Is that okay?" Ui Jin frowned.

"It's fine, I can't stay too long anyway," I nodded.

"Are you mad?"

"No, Seyong wants to do something," I shook my head.

"Are you sure you're not mad?" Ricky continued to frown.

"I'm not mad, I wasn't late. It's fine, really," I assured him.

"It was my fault, we got talking and Ricky wanted to come back after we'd finished our coffee but I convinced him to stay a little longer, then we realised what the time was," Ui Jin rambled.

"Stop worrying, I'm just happy you two are talking,"

"What do you mean?" Ui Jin frowned.

"Nothing," I laughed, Ricky went bright red.

He had a habit of talking about Ui Jin and coming up with scenarios or conversations they'd have if they ever talked, or dated. However, he had been so sure that Ui Jin was straight and would freak out if he told him he was gay. From what I could see, Ui Jin was as much interest in Ricky as Ricky was in him.

"So what does Seyong want to do?" Ricky changed the subject.

"Who's Seyong?" Ui Jin asked.

"Her boyfriend,"

"You have a boyfriend?" he frowned.

"Why do you sound so surprised?" I frowned backed.

"Just, you're quiet and to yourself, I didn't really.... Sorry, I didn't mean to offend. You're pretty and nice, I just didn't think you would be dating anyone," he shrugged.

"So what does he have planned?" Ricky interrupted.

"I don't know, he just said he wanted to do something,"

"Like what?"

"No idea, did you manage to sell the rest of the food?" I shrugged.

"Yeah, and we took the money straight to the director who was really impressed with the amount we raised," he nodded.

INSOO

This is stupid, this was her job and I shouldn't be jealous because of it. But today I guess stupid things were getting the best of me. Here she was modelling with this guy, all close and acting couple like and it was bothering me, which was completely ridiculous. It's not like I wasn't going to end up working with girls, it's not like she was going to do anything with this guy, so being jealous was completely pointless.

"So," Xander sat down next to me. Lucky me.

"So?" I frowned when he didn't continue speaking.

"... Is there anything I need to know?"

"About?"

"Jiyeon,"

"What are you talking about?"

"You guys were at the hospital, and you've come along which you haven't done before, and you've got this concerned look on your face,"

"She told you she was fine,"

"She'd tell me she was fine even if she wasn't,"

"If she says she's fine; she's fine,"

"Do you honestly believe that?" he raised an eyebrow.

"I have no reason not to, she doesn't keep things from me,"

JIYEON

The Director gestured for a small break and wardrobe change, so I made my ay over to Xander who was talking to Insoo. Insoo looked annoyed, I wasn't sure what they were talking about but after catching the end of their conversation as I made my way over to them, by the sounds of it; they were talking about me.

"I have no reason not to, she doesn't keep things from me," a rush of guilt washed through me.

"I just need to be sure she's okay,"

"She's fine, we weren't at the hospital for her," Insoo stopped talking when he noticed me standing there.

"Oh, hey," Xander nodded at me.

"Why are you bothering my boyfriend?"

"I'm not," he frowned.

"I know his facial expressions, you're bothering him,"

"I'm fine Ji,"

"See, he's fine,"

"Can you go get me a drink? I need to go get changed," I asked Xander who sighed nodding.

"Why are you so grumpy?" I asked Insoo sitting down next to him.

"I'm not," he shrugged.

"You are,"

"I'm just tired, and sore,"

"Do you want to call Seyong to come pick you up?"

"He's busy, he planned something for him and Eunji," he shrugged.

"Do you want me to call a taxi?"

"No, I'm fine,"

"I shouldn't have made you come," I sighed.

"No, I missed watching you model,"

"Then what's wrong?"

"Nothing, I would like to trade places with the model though," he muttered.

"You are jealous," I smirked.

"A little bit," he sighed.

"He's completely harmless, he basically avoids girls until he has to model or act. He's awkward and shy and then the camera turns on and he puts up a front," I shrugged.

"I'm not that jealous of him,"

"Xander?" I raised and eyebrow holding back a laugh.

"You sound surprised, he's not exactly ugly," Insoo stated.

"He's not exactly smart, his idea of fun is doing stupid things with his brother, he's overly confident for no reason, he's skinny-fat, and I'm pretty sure he's gay, he's not competition,"

"Skinny-fat?"

"He looks like he'd have a nice body but in reality, he has no definition, I'm not even sure if there are any abs hidden in there,"

"Does he make it a habit of walking around shirtless?"

"Kind of, he and Yoshi go to the gym until one of them gets bored and screws with the other one and then they end up chasing each other around the building,"

"Here you go," Xander came back with a bottle of water.

"I thought you had to get changed?"

"I'm going," I nodded.

"You okay?" I turned to Insoo.

"Skinny-fat?" he smirked.

"Skinny-fat," I nodded.

"I'm good," he nodded.

"Jealousy is attractive on you by the way," I winked before leaving to get changed.

EUNJI

I'd only stayed out with Ricky and Ui Jin for maybe half an hour, not even that so I was home almost an hour earlier than I'd told Seyong I would be. I figured it would be better to go out earlier so we weren't out too late, but he wasn't home when I got there. There was a bench full of ingredients, which was weird, no one really made it a habit of cooking. Maybe Chaejin or JunQ had decided to make dinner?

I made my way upstairs to find them, or anyone else really but the house was empty, that was weird. I mean, I was used to the house being empty with Ji not living here anymore and the boys always at the company but if they weren't training or they had a day off at least one person was here.

I made my way back downstairs and Seyong as coming through the front door holding a bouquet of what looked like weeds, he froze when he saw me and frowned.

"You're early,"

"Yeah, Ricky had other company,"

"Oh," he nodded awkwardly.

"Did I interrupt something?" I joked.

"What? No, it was supposed to be a surprise," he continued frowning.

"What was suppose to be a surprise?"

"I had a plan," he mumbled to himself.

"So I leave and come back?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Huh? Oh, no, uh... I was going to cook for you,"

"You're going to cook?" I asked carefully, from what I've heard he's not exactly skilled in that area.

"Yeah,"

"Can I watch?" I didn't actually have proof he couldn't cook, and it was sweet of him to do so.

"Ah, sure," he nodded awkwardly.

"Oh, these are for you," he held out the weed bouquet.

"The florists said they meant the beginning," he explained, honestly I think the florist was trying to sell something no one was buying. But I smiled brightly and said;

"Thank you, they're pretty," I took them.

"I didn't really know your preference on flowers," he rubbed the back of his neck.

"I'll go put them in water, and get changed, then I'll be back to watch you cook," I smiled turning to go upstairs.

JIYEON

"Are you sure you're okay?" Xander frowned at me.

"Yeah, why?"

"You're slow today,"

"You're slow every day," I retorted.

"Very funny, but seriously,"

"I'm fine, I'm just not in a rush today," I shrugged.

"Since when do you,"

"You can either take me to the doctor and be told I'm fine, or you can shut up and we can get through today's schedule, which you still haven't told me about,"

"How's your voice?" he asked after a short silence.

"Xander, I'm perfectly fine,"

"I mean can you sing?" he asked as we continued walking.

"Kind of, why?" I frowned as we stopped and waited for the elevator.

"How are you getting along with the other girls?"

"What other girls?"

"Solji, Junghwa, Hyerin?"

"Solji and I get along really well, but you already know that, and I've only really talked to the other two in passing,"

"Okay,"

"What's going on?"

"The company is working on a new project,"

"That involves singing?

"Something like that," he nodded getting on the elevator.

"What are you up too? I'm a model, I don't sing,"

"It will be explained soon,"

"How soon?"

"As soon as we meet with the CEO in about five minutes,"

"I don't like this," I frowned.

"You so better be fine," he mumbled under his breath.

"I told you we weren't at the hospital for her," Insoo stated.

"Do you make it a habit of visiting hospitals,"

"We were there for me," he stated.

"You could just be covering for her,"

"Why would I do that? What if she got hurt more?"

"So what reason were you at the hospital?" Xander raised an eyebrow.

"I pulled a knee ligament,"

"Happy now?" I asked.

"Why didn't you just tell me that to begin with?"

"Because it's none of your business, all you needed to know was I'm fine," I stated as we got off the elevator and entered the large conference room where Solji was already sitting with another girl I'd seen in passing but not actually spoken too.

"Hey," she brightened up when she saw me.

"Where is everyone?" Xander asked with a frown.

"Yoshi went to the bathroom and the girls went to the vending machine down the hallway," she shrugged.

"Do you know what this is about?" I asked sitting down.

"No idea," she shrugged again.

"Hello, I'm Jiyeon," I greeted the girl sitting down the end of the table. She looked up, stared at me for a second then looked back down.

"Ignore her," Solji rolled her eyes.

"Who is she?"

"She goes by LE, no idea what her actual name is. She's been here longer than most, and she isn't fond of newcomers," Solji explained as the others joined us.

SEYONG

She came back down the stairs wearing a pair of black shorts and a light blue cardigan. She smiled and sat on the stool on the other side of the bench. Elbows on the counter she rested her chin in her hands, smiling at me.

"Can I help with anything?" she asked.

"No," I said a little too quickly.

"Okay," she nodded with a slight frown.

"What I mean is, I can do this on my own,"

"Okay," she nodded again.

"Don't worry, I took a class," I unintentionally admitted.

"Really?" she smirked.

"I couldn't have you eating burn food or getting food poisoning,"

EUNJI

"Aw," I blurted out, I felt my cheeks heat up and I covered them with my hands, he smirked at my reaction but his cheeks looked the way mine felt.

I watched him busy himself around the kitchen, every now and then he would pause, frown, and check his little notebook then continue what he was doing. I was curious about how this was going to turn out, from what I'd heard he shouldn't even be aloud in the kitchen so it's not like I was expecting a five star meal. But he'd taken a class and he was trying, he'd even gotten me flowers. If I'd had any lingering doubts in my subconscious, they were gone now.

Kwangmin could try his hardest, but there was no way someone would go through all this just to get into bed with someone. There was no way Kwangmin was going to convince me that Seyong had no feelings for me when it was so clear that he does.

"So where is everyone else?"

"They're not going to be home until late, why?"

"I was just curious," I shrugged.

"I asked them to stay out, I didn't want them to interrupt, or ridicule me,"

"Like they're game enough to ridicule you,"

"What do you mean?" he frowned.

"They're wary of, I think you might kind of scare them,"

"Do I scare you?" he paused what he was doing.