Chapter Thirty Six

Day By Day {MYNAME}

"Is everyone ready?" Insoo called from downstairs.

EunBi was going home on Saturday so Insoo had decided to throw her a little going home party kind of thing. But being that the boys were pretty busy this week we were doing it today, which was Tuesday, so it's not like it was too early.

Anyway, we were going to the arcade/bowling alley which actually sounded like fun considering they normally want to go to a club or lunch which gets a little boring after a while. Insoo had even been okay with us inviting Zelo, okay maybe he'd been seriously reluctant but he'd finally agreed in the end.

I was kind of excited, I hadn't been to an arcade in a while and last time it was kind of ruined by the twins fighting nonstop. Their fighting was pointless though because the attendant behind the counter they'd been fighting over, wasn't interested in either of them. The only reason she'd been staring was because she was interested in Ricky, so they felt pretty stupid when she came over and gave Ricky the small piece of paper with her name and number on it.

"Eunji?" Seyong knocked on my bedroom door, I'd been getting changed.

"I'm coming now," I called back.

"Okay,"

Things were still awkward between us, we were watching something last night and our hands touched, normally couples would take that as a sign to hold hands or something right? Instead I decided it would be a good idea to get up and go to bed. Stupid huh? I mean it's not like I haven't held his hand before, or rested my head on his shoulder or even slept on his lap. But I also didn't do any of that on purpose, I don't know why it was so hard to have skin-ship now that we were officially together.

Okay that's not entirely true, I was kind of worried. I mean I know he's changed and he's different now; but he's still Seyong. I'm not sure how quickly things are going to escalate once we actually started to be close. That's silly right? I mean it's not like he's going to make me do anything but he'll expect it, right?

I sighed. I tied my scarf around my neck and headed downstairs to where everyone had already assembled, well not everyone. Zelo was meeting us there because he had something to do before hand.

"Ready?" Insoo asked, he seemed a little grumpy but I nodded anyway.

"Let's go then,"

***

When we got to the arcade/bowling alley, Insoo made his way to the counter to book the lanes, the rest of us got some tokens and started playing games in the arcade section while we waited for Zelo and our lanes. Jiyeon and Seyong decided to verse each other in a racing game, it got really intense and it was close but Jiyeon managed to beat him but 0.345 seconds. He was not happy about it.

"Who says women can't drive?" she boasted.

"Who says you're a woman?"

"Awe, are you emasculated," she teased.

"Just wondering where you hide your ," he shrugged,

"I know where you hide yours," she smirked pulling a face.

They continued bickering and ended up having a rematch, things weren't looking like they were going to be much fun right now. I'm not sure why Insoo thought this was a good idea, he and Jiyeon had been pretty grumpy lately, I guess their moving and work had them tired. But we had only just gotten here so there was no reason that the day would continue like this. Who knows? Maybe it's what we all need?

"Air hockey?" I turned to EunBi who nodded.

"So are you excited to be going home?" I asked as we started the game.

"Kind of, I mean I miss my mum and my friends, but..." she sighed, and scored; 1:0

"But?"

"But I really like it here, and you guys are so much fun, and then there's Zelo," she sighed again.

"Have you told him you like him?" I asked, 2:0

"No, I was going to but there's no point if I'm leaving,"

"Aren't you coming back?" 3:0

"Well I hope so, but there's no guarantee I'm going to be accepted into any of the schools here," she shrugged.

"There's not reason you shouldn't, from what I hear your grades are pretty immaculate," 3:1

"That doesn't mean I'll be accepted,"

"Don't stress yourself out too much right now, all you can do is apply, sit your exam, and wait. You've still got what? Two months before you officially graduate?" 4:1

"A month and a half," she nodded.

"Worst case, you get into a different school and we all just visit each other,"

"I guess," she nodded; 5:1

"Oh, can I ask you a huge favor?" she asked; 6:1

"Depends on the favor,"

"So, I was suppose to do some work while I was here and, well I got a little distracted. Actually I got a lot distracted and I've only done maybe a third of what I was suppose to do," 6:2

"Some of it I don't really understand so I was hoping to get help with it, I would ask Jiyeon or Insoo but they've both been kind of grumpy lately. So, would you mind helping me?" 7:2

"Sure,"

"Really?" her face lit up; 8:2

"Yeah, I mean I'll try," I nodded.

"Thank you" she chirped; 9:2

"Whose idea was it to play air hockey?" Zelo appeared next to me frowning.

"Mine,"

"Why? You at air hockey,"

"I don't ," I muttered; 10:2 Game Over

"No?"

"I like playing," I shrugged.

"You would think by playing it so much you'd get better," he teased.

"You're mean," I pouted.

"So where is everyone else?" he asked putting his arm around my shoulder to give me a hug.

"They were by the racing game, Ji was beating Seyong, I should go make sure they didn't kill each other," I pulled myself away from his embrace.

"You should verse Zelo, he's actual competition," I gave EunBi a quick wink before leaving them alone.

I made my way back over to the racing games, Seyong and Jiyeon were still racing each other. Insoo stood there frowning at the both of them as that bickered and made snide comments in their attempt to beat each other. It was close, yet again, but they were both determined to win. It was a little scary, or at least the look they both had were. It was just game but it's like they had something to prove.

"Where's EunBi?"

"Her and Zelo are playing air hockey,"

"Where?" he frowned.

"Right there," I frowned back pointing, you could see them from where we were, Insoo still didn't seem too happy about it.

"Oh,"

"You're seriously bad at this," Jiyeon stated stretching,

"Or you're cheating," he muttered.

"And how exactly would I do that?"

"I don't know but it's the only thing that makes sense,"

"Because the fact that you're bad at something doesn't make sense?" she raised an eyebrow at him.

"No, it doesn't,"

"There are plenty of things you're bad at Seyong,"

"Like what?"

"Cooking, for one,"

"I've never had to actually cook, of course I'm not good at it,"

"Sir, your lanes are ready," the attendant came over.

"Oh thank god," Insoo sighed.

"Tweedledee and Tweedledum, our lanes are ready," Insoo interrupted their fighting.

"You're Tweedledum," Jiyeon muttered at Seyong before getting up.

"Shut up," he shot back.

"I'll go get Zelo and EunBi," I frowned at the pair.

They were in the middle of what seemed to be an intense game, they were tied but rather than acting the way Seyong and Jiyeon were, they were laughing and smiling, playfully taunting each other.

"Sorry to interrupt, our lanes ready,"

"Okay, we'll be over just as soon as I Win," Zelo smirked at EunBi.

"The only way you're winning is if I let you," she poked her tongue out at him.

"Is that so?"

"I'll leave you to it then," I nodded making my way to the counter to get a pair of shoes before going to the lanes where Seyong and Jiyeon seemed to still be bickering.

I sat down and changed my shoes and slid mine under the seat. I picked some lint from my stockings as they decided that they were going to verse each other and split us into two teams; Jiyeon, Insoo, and Zelo vs Seyong, EunBi, and myself. EunBi seemed a little disappointed to find out her and Zelo were on different teams, but I was pretty sure that it was Jiyeon's ploy to get Insoo to like Zelo, or at least be less against him.

"Who's first?" EunBi asked sitting down next to me.

"Ladies first," Seyong stated.

"Well go on then," Jiyeon retorted.

"Can we please be adult about this?" Insoo sighed.

"Fine," they both agreed; rock, paper, scissors.

It took them three attempts before Jiyeon finally won. She picked up her ball, stared down the lane, took her steps, swung the ball and released it as she hit the line. The ball sped down the lane hitting the triangle of pins in the center.

"Strike," she smirked at Seyong who just rolled his eyes.

"I'm going to get some snacks, who's hungry?" I asked,

"I could eat," Zelo nodded,

"Let me help you," EunBi nodded.

"You can't it'll be your turn in a minute," Seyong frowned at EunBi.

"I'll help you," Insoo offered.

INSOO

We got up and made our way towards the snack bar. Eunji was silent while we waited in line to be served, she fiddled with the end over her sleeves then slid them into the pockets of her shorts when she realized what she was doing.

"Is he always this competitive?" she asked.

"Kind of," I nodded, honestly, he's usually more competitive than this and he doesn't take loosing well either. If he wasn't so good at soccer I seriously think he would have been kicked of the team in high school.

"Oh," she nodded.

"What about Jiyeon?"

"Not really, normally she just shrugs it off. I don't know what's gotten into her today," she shrugged as the attendant finally got to us.

EUNJI

"So when are you guys debuting exactly?" I asked.

"We're scheduled for the end of the month, the 28th I think. We're shooting our Music Video at the end of next week, only because we still have some recording left to do,"

"Are you excited?"

"Yeah, I mean it feels real this time. We've been told so many times and then it gets postponed, I was beginning to thing it was never going to happen," he shrugged.

"You're all too talented to not debut,"

"You haven't even heard us sing," he smirked raising an eyebrow.

"Yes I have, you and Seyong both do it in the shower, I've heard Chaejin in class, and I grew up with Gunwoo, I know he can sing. So, really the only one I haven't heard is JunQ,"

"That's probably because JunQ is a rapper,"

"Doesn't mean he can't sing,"

"Oh, no he can," he nodded.

"You take that tray, I'll take this one," he stated picking up the heavier tray. It was only heavier because it had the drinks, but I was happy I didn't have to carry them. I'll likely spill them everywhere.

"It's your turn," Seyong stated when we got back.

"Okay," I nodded placing the tray on the seat and picking up the ball.

It had been a long time since I'd been bowling and I wasn't so good at it back then, so I could pretty much guarantee that I was going to be horrible at it right now. That kind of scared me, Seyong seemed pretty intent on winning and with me on his team, that probably wasn't going to happen. But I tried, the first roll went straight into the gutter, I waited for the ball to come back and avoided turning around.

"It's okay, just relax, there's on rush. Take you time, aim, and let go," Seyong tried to encourage me. I did what he said and hit, one pin.

"Sorry, I'm not very good at bowling,"

"It's okay, just a practice game, you'll get the hang of it," he smiled but I could hear the small frustration in his voice.

I just nodded and sat back down next to EunBi who was eating nachos, she seemed about as nervous as I was but she could bowl and she was pretty good at it too.

***

We'd played through the first game and somehow tied, I'd gotten kind of better once I'd worked out a system, and gotten a lighter ball. Seyong suggested maybe the ball was too heavy for me, it was. In total, through the first game I'd managed to hit 30 pins, which, granted isn't many. But considering my ability, I was actually quite happy with it. Seyong had been more encouraging than frustrated, although he was still kind of grumpy about it.

We were just about to finished the second game which everyone was taking seriously because they'd decided to make a bet; the losers where going to pay for dinner of the winners choosing. So things got more competitive and seriously intense. It was down to Insoo and myself, Jiyeon's team was winning currently by two pins.

Insoo got up to take his turn, he hesitated slightly, took a deep breath then took his first bowl. It looked like he was going to get a strike but two thirds of the way down the lane the ball started to turn and ended up in the gutter. He sighed and waited for the ball to return, he took his second roll and only hit three pins.

Everyone was quiet for a moment, then Seyong turned to me his face serious.

"You can win this for us, you only need 6 pins," he said.

"No pressure," EunBi gave him a look.

"You can do this," he nodded supportively.

I wasn't so sure, but I didn't say anything, I just got up to take my turn. I picked up my ball and took my position, deep breath Eunji, you just need 6 pins in total.

I wanted to close my eyes the second I let go of the ball, but I didn't, instead I watched the ball fly down the lane heading straight for the center pin. I stared in shock as the ball barreled through the pins knocking them all over. I just got a strike.

"Strike!" Seyong yells.

I turned around and was met by Seyong's arms wrapping around waist and lifting my off the floor. I hugged him back, when he put me back on the floor we both stepped back awkwardly.

INSOO

We sat own at our table, and looked through the menus. Once everyone was ready to order I waved the waitress over.

"Why did you throw the game?" Jiyeon asked next to me while everyone else was distracted.

"What are you talking about?"

"You could have made that shot, but you purposely didn't. Why?" she didn't sound mad, just confused.

"Seyong doesn't lose well, Eunji already looked nervous she didn't need to be the reason he lost,"

"He can't be that bad," she frowned still talking quietly.

"We stopped playing video games so frequently when we were younger because he broke the control, twice, in a week,"

EUNJI

Seyong's hand found mine under the table, it was a little cold, but not enough to be uncomfortable. It was nice, well until our food arrived anyway. I realized that I needed two hands, why was he holding my hand anyway? Okay I know why he's holding my hand, but I mean was this as awkward for him as it was for me? Was I just thinking about it too much? I could always pull my hand away but, I mean, that would make things awkward right?

I sighed.

"Did you have fun today?" he asked.

"Yeah," I nodded looking down at my plate.

"Are you alright?" he frowned, I just nodded.

"Are you not hungry?"

"I kind of need both hands,"

"Oh, right," he quickly retracted his hand.

Yep, definitely more awkward.