Chapter Thirty Seven

Day By Day {MYNAME}

JIYEON

"Hey, so I was thinking," Insoo walked into our bedroom, well what will be our bedroom once we've completely finished unpacking.

"That's dangerous," I smirked as I unpacked our boxes of clothes putting them into there respective wardrobes.

"Ha Ha," he rolled his eyes.

"Anyway," I gestured for him to continue with what he was saying.

"We haven't seen Young Pyo and Su Min in a while, I mean other than them helping move our stuff,"

"Yes," I stood to face him.

"So I was thinking that maybe we should invite them out and go on a sort of double date thing?"

"Why?" I frowned.

"Because it'll be fun," he shrugged.

"Why don't we double date with Seyong and Eunji then, at least that way it wont feel like a double date,"

"Because they're kind of awkward still, I'm not sure that would be a good idea,"

"Well I'm sure it'll help with them being awkward. Going bowling did, I think,"

"Yeah but Eunji is still getting over her virus, she might not feel up to it," he stated.

"She was fine with bowling," I pointed out.

"Did you and Seyong have a fight?" I raised an eyebrow.

"What? No, I just want to go out with you and I though it being a double date would make you more comfortable,"

"Can't they just come over here and hang out for a while?"

"No," he shook his head.

"I don't really feel like going out on a date today, and there is still a whole lot to do around here," I sighed.

"I didn't mean today, I was thinking Thursday," he shrugged.

"Seriously?" my phone started buzzing on the floor, Eunji's name flashing at me.

"Hey,"

"Hey, are you busy? If Insoo is with you pretend you're not talking to me," Seyong's voice came through the receiver.

"No, Insoo and I are just unpacking," I frowned after a pause.

"Oh good, need your help with Insoo's birthday,"

"Okay,"

"Okay, so he kind of tries to avoid his birthday. He'll probably ask you to do something Thursday so he can get out of whatever I've planned, I need your help to make sure he get's here at around four, can you do that? Oh and you can't tell him," he trailed off but he sounded excited.

"Yeah that won't be a problem, I'll just finish unpacking these couple of boxes and I'll come over for lunch or something,"

"Thank you,"

"Okay," I hung up.

"What if I take something off the list?" Insoo asked.

"Huh?"

"If I let you take something off the list will you go on a double date?"

"Okay, but I can't be out all day I've got a shoot on Friday," I lied.

"Deal," he nodded but seemed relieved.

***

I text Eunji letting her know I was on my way and not to act surprised that I was there mainly because Insoo was coming too, but apparently she was already in on it and it was her idea to get my help. I'm not really sure how they were going to go about talking about this when Insoo was also coming. It's not like he was going to go stand outside and wait for us to have a secret conversation about his birthday, which I only just found about. Why didn't he tell me his birthday was coming up?

"Oh good you brought Insoo," Eunji smiled when we walked in the door.

"I thought out wanted to see me?" I fake frowned.

"I did, but Insoo has more experience in this area,"

"What area?" he asked.

"I have this assignment due, I had to put together a composition which I did but the next assignment is the lyrics and they need to tell a story specific to a scenario we were given, and I think I did okay but I'm not sure and I was wondering if you could listen to it before you leave and let me know what you think? Seyong says it sounds okay but I was hoping for another opinion?" she should have done drama.

"Yeah sure, I'll just go see Seyong and then I'll come listen, okay?"

"Thank you,"

"Is Seyong this way?"

"Yeah he's in the lounge room," she nodded.

I waited until he made his way through and was out of earshot before I said anything to her.

"So what are you going to have him listen too?"

"Huh?"

"I'm assuming this is the time Seyong is going to fill me in?"

"Oh, yeah it is but I actually have an assignment due,"

"Seriously? You never let anyone other than the teacher listen to your stuff," I frowned.

"I never think it's any good but I'm actually really happy with this song, do you want to hear it?" most of her chirp was gone, she kind of just sounded drained now. I guess she still wasn't not feeling well.

"I would, then how about we go and make some lunch?"

"Okay,"

INSOO

I made my way into the lounge room where Seyong was laying across the lounge, I tapped the side of his foot so he'd move them and then sat down.

"So, what are we doing for your birthday this year?" he gave me a small smirk.

"Same as I want to do every year, nothing,"

"When do we ever do nothing?" he raised an eyebrow.

"Never because you always insist on planning something," I sighed.

"So, you're not doing anything on Thursday?"

"I'm going out with Jiyeon and some of her friends,"

"Why?" he frowned.

"Because I thought a double date would be fun,"

"So you're going to spend your birthday with Jiyeon and her friends but you wont spend it with your own?"

"Don't make it sound like that," I sighed.

"Well maybe I'll just have to go talk to her," he stated smugly.

"She's not going to help you,"

"Why not?"

"Because she's busy,"

"Too busy to help with your birthday?" he raised an eyebrow.

"Yes," I deadpanned as the girls came back down stairs.

Seyong stopped pushing the subject, and we sat there quietly for a while as the girls made their way into the kitchen to start cooking lunch. It's not that I didn't appreciate the thought he put into the things he did, it's just that I don't actually enjoy my birthday. I spent most of my childhood birthdays the same as any regular day, being both verbal and physically abused and if my mother had the audacity, as my father put it, to buy me a present he would break it in front of me and then she'd get in trouble. One year she bought me a baseball bat, he broke that one over me, I'm just happy it was a brittle wood.

I know that it was a while ago but I still don't really see the point in celebrating. I think Seyong liked to do it to make up for my lack of celebrating in my childhood, some years I let him do it, more for his sake than my own. But I didn't feel like it this year, it just brought back memories and I was never any fun when I was internally reminiscing. I didn't want to have to explain that to Jiyeon.

"So where is everyone?" Jiyeon asked.

"Chaejin had a class, JunQ had to go get his hair fix because there is something wrong with the colour, and we have teaser photos to shoot this week. We also start recording too, which is cool. And Gunwoo, I have no idea, out with a friend I think. I'm not sure he's happy about Eunji and I," Seyong explained, Eunji pulled a face as if she'd just thought of that being a possibility.

"Oh, do you think he's mad?" she looked  to Jiyeon who just gave a small smile.

"No, I don't think he's mad,"

"Are you sure?"

"I'm positive," she nodded.

JIYEON

We all sat down to eat lunch, it was quiet at first, the silence was almost awkward. Seyong would look across the table at Eunji when she wasn't looking and she would do the same to him when he wasn't looking. I'm not sure either of them really knew how to go about dating; neither of them have really dated before. Eunji wasn't sure about how to go about the skin-ship and all Seyong knew was , so they didn't seem to know what to do.

They kind of had it when we went bowling and to dinner the other night, but I think now it's just made them more awkward.

"So how did your doctors appointment go?" I asked Eunji, I realized I've been so caught up in moving and unpacking I forgot to ask.

"Oh, ah he gave me antibiotics and I need to take iron tables because it's low,"

"But he said it wasn't serious," Seyong stated.

"Oh, you went?"

"Yeah," he nodded.

"I figured you'd be busy unpacking and Seyong offered to go," Eunji pushed the food around her plate.

"How are you guys settling into the new place?" Seyong asked.

"Okay, Insoo decided to girl up our bedroom with 'His' and 'Hers' cushions but everything is pretty much unpacked, there's just a few boxes left,"

"Seriously?" Seyong gave his friend a look.

"What? I seen them and thought they were a good idea, I still stand by my decision even though she laughed at me for five minutes," and just like that the awkward faded.

"So where's EunBi?" Eunji asked, I withheld my smirk as Insoo answered.

"She went out this morning to go look at a few schools she was applying for, then she was going to lunch with Zelo," he replied bitterly.

"Did she?" Eunji smirked.

"Wait why?" Seyong frowned, he'd been warming up to Zelo lately after he realized that he wasn't a threat and didn't like Eunji in anything but a platonic way. I don't think he quite realized that Zelo was starting to develop feelings for EunBi and vise-versa. From what I understand EunBi is for all intensive purpose, basically his little sister too.

"Oh now he has a problem with it," Insoo rolled his eyes.

"I don't see the problem, she's making friends," Eunji shrugged.

"With boys,"

"All of my friends a boys,"

"I know," Seyong muttered, Eunji just frowned.

***

"Did you still want me to listen to your song?" Insoo asked after lunch,

"If you don't mind," she nodded.

"I don't mind,"

Eunji lead him upstairs casually, the second they were out of earshot Seyong, who'd been lounging on the lounge, practically ran over to the kitchen where I was washing dishes.

"So, Thursday; Everyone is going to start arriving at about 5:30, all I need you to do is get him here and he's going to be super suspicious so it's not going to be easy,"

"Who's cooking?"

"Eunji, she might ask for your help,"

"How is that going?" I raised an eyebrow.

"What?"

"You two, you seem really awkward,"

"What are you two talking about?" Insoo frowned.

"I was going to do the dishes and she wont let me," Seyong lied.

"Right," it was clear Insoo didn't believe him.

"He was getting my advice," I sighed.

"On?" he asked, I just nodded towards Eunji who was coming down the stairs.

"So what do you think of her song?" Seyong tried to redirect Insoo's attention.

"It was amazing" he sounded sincere but he was still watching us skeptically.

There was a long silence, Insoo watched both Seyong and I, Seyong stared at Eunji who watched her feet embarrassed from the attention.

"We should probably get going, we still have some boxes left to unpack and EunBi doesn't have keys to get in,"

We said our goodbyes and I made plans with Eunji to go shopping tomorrow, we hadn't been out together just the two of us in a while. I thought maybe she wouldn't be so upset about me moving out if I showed her we will still see a lot of each other.

"What were you two really talking about?" Insoo asked once we were in the car,

"When you came in the room we were actually talking about him and Eunji,"

"And before that?"

"He was asking for my help," I sighed.

"With?"

"Something,"

"If he's planning something for my birthday you have to tell me,"

"I don't have to tell you, you didn't even tell me your birthday was coming up,"

"Because I didn't want anything planned,"

"Why?"

"I don't really want to talk about that right now," he sighed sounding defeated.

"Okay," I sighed,

"I didn't tell you but he wants me to somehow get you over there by 4 on Friday," I lied.

"Why Friday?"

"He thought if it were Friday you wouldn't be so suspicious,"

"And what is it exactly?"

"A party,"

***

"How exactly do you plan on getting Insoo to come over Thursday if he's so against a birthday party? and if he's so against it why are you going along with helping Seyong?" Eunji frowned at me.

We were on our way to the shopping centre so I could spend some well over due sister time with Eunji, and hopefully find a birthday present for Insoo at the same time.

"I agreed to it before I knew he was so against it, and at the time I thought it would be a good idea. He's been pretty grumpy lately and I figured a party would cheer him up a bit," I shrugged.

"Yeah I've noticed that, what's wrong with him?"

"I don't know, he's just a little off,"

"So what are you going to get him?"

"I have no idea," I shook my head pulling into the parking space.

"Well at least you have today to figure it out,"

INSOO

"Come on, you wont let me throw you a party, you could at least let me take you out for a few drinks tonight," Seyong whined.

"A few drinks with you means I'm going to be carrying you home,"

"I wont even drink that much, I swear,"

"The last time you said that you were arrested,"

"Please,"

"Can you just agree so he'll stop whining," EunBi frowned.

"Why are you here at not at the apartment?"

"I needed to get this homework done that I may have forgotten about. I was going to see if Eunji could help me with some stuff I don't quite understand, because you and Jiyeon have been grumpy lately but she's not home, so I thought I'd just do it here while I wait for her,"

"Grumpy you say," Seyong smirked.

"Can I help?" I asked ignoring him.

"You can go out with Seyong so I don't have any distractions,"

"What a great idea," Seyong nodded.

"Are you two scheming together?"

"No, I seriously need to get this done before I go home Friday, do you not want me to graduate?"

"Why did you leave it so late?" I frowned at her.

"Because I got distracted, don't bother lecturing me mum already did that this morning," she sighed.

"You talked to mum?"

"Yes, now can you stop distracting me," she huffed.

"And I've been grumpy," I muttered.

"Unless you're going to do this for me, go away," she playfully glared.

"Fine, we'll go out for a few drinks, but that's it, and it's just us two," I stated already aware of the fact nothing I'd just said was going to be considered.

JIYEON

Hey Ji, just going out with Seyong for a few drinks. We're suppose to only be a few hours but we'll probably be out until early hours of the morning, Oh and EunBi's at the dorm.

-Insoo

Why's EunBi at the dorm?

-Jiyeon

"I'm hungry, let's go eat something," Eunji stated as we were going through the checkout.

I'd managed to convince her to do a little rearranging in the bedroom so she had something to preoccupy her time with. We'd just bought some new sheets and a foam bed overlay. She was going to push the two single beds together until she decided to buy a double one. She seemed pretty happy about it but I wasn't sure if that was real, or for my benefit.

"Okay," I nodded.

We made our way through the shopping center towards a cafe near the exit, as we got closer Eunji stopped out side of a furniture store. She frowned looking through the window like she was contemplating something but wasn't quite sure.

"What?"

"Maybe I should buy a new bed now,"

"We can do that if you like," I nodded.

"I'm just thinking that if pushing the single beds together is just until I get a new one, why not get it now? Or at least look?"

"Eunji, you don't have to convince me, I think its a good idea,"

"I think I was trying to convince myself,"

"Common, let's go look," I grab her wrist and pulled her into the store.

We walked trough the bedroom section examining each bed, one of the attendants made his way over to see if we needed any help, Eunji told him that we were just looking.

"No, actually, we're looking for a new bed for my sister. Probably a double, maybe king size, dark wood would be better,"

"Just the frame or the mattress as well?" he asked, Eunji just frowned at me.

"Oh, she'll need a new mattress too,"

"We actually have a great deal on right now with a selected range but if you don't like any of the models I'm sure I can work something out for you,"

"Great, lead the way,"

He lead us through a few different models, none really appealing to Eunji, I figured she was just being stubborn, then he showed us a dark wood bed with a high headboard, which she fell in love with.

"You like it?" she nodded.

"How long until we can have it delivered?" I asked.

"We can do same day delivery for an extra $100,"

"Great, we'll do that,"

"For the mattress were you looking for anything specific? Orthopedic? Allergenic?"

"Huh?" she frowned.

"Is there a kind of mattress you sleep better on?" he rephrased his question, she explained what she wanted and he added that to the total and then took off 30%. Personally, I think he just did it because he thought Eunji was cute.

"Gunwoo is going to kill us," she frowned.

"No he won't," I shook my head handing the attendant my credit card.

"Can you sign here, and we'll need the details for deliver," he handed me a information sheet which I filled out.

"We're going to have to move the beds into the garage for now," I said as we left the store.

"That's so much work," she sighed.

"That's why there's Insoo and Seyong," I smiled as my phone beeped.

She needs help with some school work, she's waiting for Eunji.

-Insoo

Okay, well we wont be too much longer, have fun and be careful. I don't want to have to come bail you two out of jail at 2 a.m.

-Jiyeon

"EunBi's at the dorm, she's waiting for you or something, do you want to eat here or go back and eat?"

"Well if she's waiting we may as well eat there, besides I need her help with something," Eunji shrugged.

I am the careful one, and I'll wait until a decent hour to use my phone call.

-Insoo

Let EunBi know we're on our way, I'll see you when you get home.

-Jiyeon

I like that sound of that, don't wait up.

-Insoo

Telling EunBi we're on our way?

-Jiyeon

No, home.

-Insoo

"What are you smiling at?" Eunji frowned at me.

"Me? Nothing," I shrugged putting my phone back into my pocket.

"Okay..." she eyed me carefully.

"Are we going? EunBi is waiting,"

INSOO

Jiyeon and Eunji walked through the door just as we were about ready to leave, Eunji gave and awkward smile and asked where EunBi was before going through to the lounge room once she was told.

"That has to be the first time I've seen you wear that, I was starting to think Eunji had bought it for herself," Jiyeon commented on Seyong's jumper.

"I wear it," he shrugged.

"This is literally the second time you've worn it,"

"I'm cold, and it looks better on her anyway. Are we going or what?" he huffed.

"I'll see you when I get home," I gave Jiyeon a small hug and kissed her forehead.

***

"What happened to just the two of us?"

"I'd already called them before you said anything, I couldn't cancel," he shrugged as we made our way into the bar.

They were all sitting around a table in the back; Daeil, J.Heart, B. Bomb, and Jinwoon, I slid in next to Jinwoon and Seyong sat next to me.

"You're late," J.Heart stated texting away on his phone.

"I had to convince him to come out," Seyong shrugged.

"Good, things are back to normal. It was weird having to convince you of all people to come out drinking," Daeil commented sipping at the glass of beer in front of him.

"Yeah, well," Seyong sighed not really wanting to talk about it further.

"So what's everyone been up too?" I asked. There was a chorus of murmuring, Daeil was the first to actually give an answer.

"J.Heart got himself a girl,"

"Since when?" Seyong frowned.

"She hit on him the last time we went out, and had to call Insoo to come get you," Daeil answered for his friend.

"Really?"

"Yeah, so now I only have you as a wingman," Daeil directed his comment at Seyong who nodded slowly,

"What?" Daeil frowned.

"The thing is,"

"You're dating too?" Daeil frowned rolling his eyes.

"You can have wing-men that are in relationships," J.Heart stated not looking up from his phone, I realized it hadn't left his hands since we sat down.

"Wait, rewind a little. You're in a relationship, like with just one girl, committed relationship?" B. Bomb frowned at Seyong.

"Yeah,"

"The must be amazing, I mean if you're voluntarily giving up sleeping with other women," Daeil commented.

"I'm going to get some drinks, anyone else?" Seyong avoided Daeil's comment.

"Have you had yet?" Daeil prodded some more.

"He was whipped before they were even dating," J.Heart commented.

"You're one to talk, this is the first time I've actually hung out with you in months because you're always on dates, and since before we even sat down all you've done is text her," Daeil huffed.

"J.Heart, you're not suppose to let the wife know about the mistress," Jinwoon commented.

"They get jealous," B. Bomb nodded.

"It's only been a month, and she has friends. I'm sure I can set you up with one of them," J.Heart stated.

"I don't want you're pity date," Daeil frowned.

"I think she has a sister,"

"I'm not into the needy girls," he shook his head.

"Who says she's needy?" J.Heart frowned.

"What about your girl Seyong, any friends? Sisters?" Daeil turned his attention away from J.Heart who rolled his eyes and went back to texting.

"From what I'm aware of, all of her friends are males," Seyong stated in an unpleasant tone,

"As far as sisters go, she has one but unless you want to fight Insoo, I wouldn't bother," he shrugged getting up and heading to the bar.

"How is Ji?" Jinwoon asked me.

"Moody, stressed," I shrugged.

"Why?"

"We're still unpacking and she has a month or so before she graduates from the university, and her schedule at work is starting to pick up,"

"She's working?"

"Yeah, she's modelling for some company, I can't remember the name of it right now," I nodded.

"She's a model?" he frowned.

"Yeah, why?"

"She just doesn't seem like the type," he shrugged.

"She was reluctant at first, it was for a project and then she was approached by a manager and one thing led to another. She seems to be enjoying it, she's really good at it too,"

"She definitely has the legs for it," he winked at me.

"No kidding," I nodded as Seyong sat down.

"What are we talking about?" he asked me handing me a beer.

"Jiyeon's legs," Daeil stated.

EUNJI

"Hey," I sat down next to EunBi who was sprawled out on the lounge room floor, three different text books open and loose pages piled everywhere.

"Hey," she didn't look up from her books.

"I heard you wanted my help?"

"Yeah, I got distracted and now I have like a months worth of work to do in three days, and I don't understand a lot of it, and if I don't get it done I'm not going to graduate, and my mum is going to kill me, and..." she stated frantically.

"I said I'd help you,"

"Seriously?"

"Yeah,"

"I kind of thought you had forgotten..."

"I didn't forget, I said I would help and I will. But you have to help me cook for Thursday,"

"I would have asked for help with putting the bed together, or at least moving the other ones out," Jiyeon stated sitting on the lounge behind me.

"I'm lost," she frowned.

"Jiyeon convinced me to buy a new bed, a bigger bed," I shrugged.

"Do you need help?" she offered.

"Jiyeon and I can handle it, you have to get this done, but gather all of this up and you can come use my desk,"

"I'm not sure if that was an offer or a demand," she frowned half joking.

"Well you need my help, and the desk would be more functional," I shrugged.

"Okay, I just have to finish this page first,"

"Let's move some beds," I looked back at Jiyeon.

"Yay," she poked her tongue out.

SEYONG

"Should we play a game?" B.Bomb asked taking a mouthful of beer from his glass. Everyone was drinking at a slow pace, so they were all still pretty sober, except for Daeil. He seemed to be drinking more than everyone else, or at least faster, so he was quickly approaching a tipsy state. It seemed like he had something bothering him but he just waved it off when we asked.

"369?" I suggested.

"You at that game," Insoo frowned from next to me, he was less moody, and he actually seemed to be enjoying himself.

"Then you have nothing to worry about," I shrugged.

"Who wants to start?" J.Heart asked,

"1," B.Bomb stated with a shrug.

2, clap, 4,5, clap, 7,8, clap.

"9," Insoo stated.

"And I'm the one that at this?" I raised an eyebrow.

"1," I stated after Insoo took the shot of Soju.

2, clap, 4,5, clap, 7,8, clap,10,11, clap. We got to 25, then I slipped up and said 26 and had to take a drink.

"Let's make this more interesting," B.Bomb stated sliding an empty glass into the middle of the table.

"You want us to put money in that?" Jinwoon frowned.

"No, I though we could mix some drinks together, the loser will have to drink it," he shrugged. I looked around the table, there was quite a range of drinks, this was not going to taste nice.

"That's a bad idea,"

"Don't loose," he shrugged again.

"I'm in," Daeil pour some beer into the empty glass.

"Me too," J.Heart added in some orange juice.

Jinwoon pour in rice wine and sprite, B.Bomb Soju and coke, Insoo poured in some Milkis and coffee, I decided to add a different beer and some broth from the soup we'd ordered.

"That's gross," B.Bomb frowned.

"Don't loose," I mimicked him.

"I really hope you have to drink it," he rolled his eyes.

"Should we change the game?" Daeil asked.

"Name game?" Jinwoon asked.

"Seeing as you lost the last game; you should start," J.Heart smirked at me.

"Ding-dingdingding Dang-dangdangdang, Dingding, Dangdang, the name game,"

EUNJI

It hadn't taken Jiyeon and I long to move the single beds down to the garage, there wasn't a whole lot of space in there thanks to the boys gym. They never actually use it. It took some brains and Tetris skills, but we got them in there.

"What time did they say they were delivering the bed?" I asked Jiyeon as I swept the dirt and dust from the floor, collecting it into a small pile next to the door as EunBi made her way into the room.

"The should be here well about now," she checked the time on her phone.

"What am I doing with this?" EunBi gestured to my desk I had yet to clear off for her.

"Sorry," I lent the broom against the wall and packed my papers up into a pile, sliding them into the top draw.

"Trucks here," Jiyeon said looking out the window.

I made my way down stairs, Jiyeon behind me, and opened the front door just as they were about to knock. Seriously, if I'd of opened the door a second later they may have hit me. There were two guys in their mid-twenties; no older than 27, fit, attractive, with dark hair and piercing eyes. They smiled and greeted us.

"You ordered a new bed?" the slightly taller one asked.

"Yes," I nodded.

"Where are we putting it?"

"The bedroom," I stated dumbly.

"Which is?"

"Upstairs, follow us and we'll show you," Jiyeon stated.

"Do you guys live alone?" the shorter one asked as we were walking up the stairs.

"That's a creepy question," Jiyeon threw over her shoulder.

"I didn't mean it to be," he frowned.

"In there," I stated nodding towards my room.

"Huh?"

"The bed is going in there,"

"Oh, right, we'll bring it right up," they headed back downstairs and out to their deliver truck.

"Eunji?" EunBi called from the room,

"Coming,"

"I don't get this," she slouched into the chair as I entered the room.

"Don't get what?" I made my way over to her.

"Any of it, it makes no sense, I've read the same question about 20 times and I've read the paragraphs that are suppose to explain it but the answer isn't there,"

"Relax, stressing yourself out isn't going to help. You know that answer, you just have to relax,"

"I don't know it," she huffed.

"Okay, let me look,"

I read through the paragraphs she had gone and highlighted sections from. The question wasn't hard and she's highlighted the answer, she'd just worked herself up.

"It's right there, in that section," I pointed at the three sentences she'd highlighted in pink.

"Now I feel dumb," she sighed.

"Do that question then go down stairs and get yourself some snack foods and bring it back with you. Study food is always a good idea,"

"I'll get it," Jiyeon stated, she'd followed me into the room.

Jiyeon went to leave the room as the two delivery guys came in with the headboard, they placed it gently where Jiyeon pointed which was between the two windows.

"Do you need us to put it together for you?"

"No, we can handle it,"

INSOO

"I need something to eat," Seyong pulled a face, he'd lost the game and one shotted the mixture.

"Order something," B.Bomb smirked.

"So you're not looking forward to your birthday?" Jinwoon asked,

"No," I sighed.

"Why?" B.Bomb frowned.

"It's just something I'd rather not celebrate, so if you guys have something planned cancel it. If you trick me into some kind of party I'm going to be seriously irritated about it,"

"I thought this was the party?" Jinwoon frowned confused.

"It is," Seyong nodded.

"I don't believe you," I looked at Seyong,

"No, seriously. Was going to throw you a surprise thing on Friday but I figured you'd find out and not come. Besides,  Jiyeon said she couldn't help, something about a photo shoot. You'd think your boyfriends birthday would take priority over a photoshoot that you can postpone for a few days,"

EUNJI

"This is so tedious," I sighed as we screw each slat in, one by one.

"I'm so hungry, where's our food," EunBi whined.

"We only called them fifteen minutes ago, and we're almost done," Jiyeon frowned at us.

"Almost done? We've only done three slats,"

"And the rest of the frame, once these are done, the mattress goes on and them the bed gets made, and then we're done,"

"We should have let them do it,"

"Yeah I'm sure that would have been a great idea," EunBi stated sarcastically.

"What do you thing the boys are doing right now?" Jiyeon asked suddenly.

"If they're  doing what they normally do, Seyong's drinking twice as much as Insoo and Insoo will have to keep him out of trouble and get them both home," EunBi stated turning the page of her text book.

"Is he really that bad?" I frowned.

"Insoo had to talk an officer out of arresting them once after Seyong pretty much made his partner cry,"

"Seriously?"

"Insoo's mellowed out, they used to cause so much trouble, mum would have to bail them out of so many different situations all of the time," EunBi explained.

"What was Insoo like when he was younger?"

"I'm not sure what he was like when he was a kid, but from the earliest I can remember could be a bit of a handful, but he was also very mature. Mum often says that he was forced to grow up too quickly, that he never really got to be a child. But I have no idea what they're talking about, they never tell me about that or what happened between my mum and dad. Insoo has always had the protective gene, there used to be this group of boys that would pick on my in grade school. Insoo scared them half to death and then walked me too and from school every day up until the day he left for Seoul," EunBi finished speaking as there was a knock on the front door.

"Food's here," I jumped up, from the floor and made my way downstairs.

JIYEON

Eunji went to get our food and EunBi went back to the assessments. I hadn't thought about it that way, I mean it was clear that the whole situation with his father had affected him. But I didn't consider the fact he didn't really get to have a childhood, or the fact he would have felt the need to be the man of the house and to protect his mother and EunBi. He never would have been able to enjoy things like a birthday. I guess that's why Seyong was so insistent that he throw a party, I'm just not so sure why Insoo would be so against letting him.

"EunBi, take a break and come eat something," Eunji place the pizza box and box of chicken on the floor at the foot of the bed, she sat on the carpet and pulled the side dishes from the plastic bag.