Chapter Eighteen

Day By Day {MYNAME}

I was sitting on the dance room floor rubbing my temples, trying to ease a headache that was thumping away behind my eyes and in the front of my skull. My eyes were sore and the contacts probably weren't helping. Then there was Kwangmin who wasn't helping my mood at all, we'd been arguing for the last twenty minutes.

"No more changes, we're not going to keep changing the steps because you feel like it," I sighed.

"It's not a dramatic change, it's only small,"

"Just like the other 15 you've made today,"

"I'm only trying to improve our performance, without backup dancer's the stage will look empty,"

"I don't think changing the choreography so we're closer the whole time will help with an empty stage,"

"If the audience is focused on both of us rather than one at a time, then they won't notice the empty stage,"

"That makes no," I sighed not even bothering to finish my sentence.

"The performance was perfect before all of your 'small' changes," I pinched the bridge of my nose.

"You mean before you took the kiss out?" he shot back.

"Kwangmin, we can either perform the original choreography, which, by the way, doesn't include a make out session. Or you can walk out that door and we can both fail. I don't really care right now," I finally snapped.

The throbbing in my head was starting to become unbearable. I wanted to switch my contacts for my glasses but they're not exactly ideal for dancing.

"Eunji," he frowned. I wasn't exactly known for outbursts.

"Let's just do it again with the original choreography. We need to get the first part perfect before we move on to the second section," I stood up, my legs were a little shaky and I wobbled a bit.

"Maybe we should just stop for today,"

"Why?" I frowned

"You don't look so good,"

"I'm fine, can we just do this?" he nodded cautiously.

I pressed the play button on the iPod, the song started to play and we got into the starting positions. Thirty seconds into the song my eyes blurred which caused me to stumble slightly.

"Are you okay?" Kwangmin frowned.

"I'm fine,"

"Do you want to take a break?"

"No, I just forgot the steps for a second, let's keep going,"

I restarted the song and we began dancing again. I tried to concentrate on counting the steps in my head ; 1, 2, 3, but the thumping in my head kept distracting me. My eyes blurred once more and my knees got wobbly, I landed on the floor.

"Damn it!" I ran my fingers through my bangs getting frustrated with myself.

"That's it, we're taking a break,"

"No, I'm fine,"

"You're not fine, You're pale and stumbling over your own feet. You need to eat something and re-hydrate yourself. We're not dancing until then,"
 

***
 

I slid my glasses onto my face and put my dance clothes into my bag before leaving the changing room. My headache had started to fade once I'd taken some pain medication and showered, but my eyes still hurt. I sighed picking up the rest of my things from the dance room floor and made my way outside.

I don't know what as with me today, maybe the headache got to me more than I though. Whatever it was, I hadn't actually meant to be horrible to Kwangmin. I mean I wasn't sorry for telling him we were doing the original choreography without changes. But I felt bad about the way I did it, and I could have been nicer when he'd said we were having lunch before we continued dancing.

He was only trying to help but instead of accepting it, I snapped at him and told him we dance or he can leave, so he left. I couldn't exactly keep dancing a duet without the duo, so I showered and changed, now I was walking down the sidewalk.

I wasn't really sure where I was going, I just continued walking. I didn't really feel like going home, maybe lunch wasn't such a bad idea. I was going to call Zelo or Ricky but I knew that Zelo as in the studio today and Ricky had class.

I kept walking until I found myself stopped outside a dog cafe, I was going to keep walking and get something to eat. I really was hungry, but instead I ended up walking through the doors, I could just have coffee for now.

"Welcome," the waitress greeted me with a smile when I walked in. I ordered a coffee and she walked me through the small green gate I assumed was there to keep the dogs safely inside.

I sat in a booth next to a large golden retriever who reminded me of my dog growing up m, which made me miss him. The big pile of golden fur dropped his giant head on my lap the minute I sat down but I didn't mind. I was already starting to feel better, the irritation I'd felt faded as I began to pat the large beast sleeping soundly on my lap.

I honestly didn't understand why I'd gotten so mad, it's not like Kwangmin was had been any different from any other day. I guess I'd just let it get to me today. Why does he insist on being so difficult?

Seriously, isn't it tiring for him? Isn't he just making things difficult for himself too? Was it honestly worth it? Do I give off a vibe that turns the surrounding male species into jerks?

I sighed, I'm not going to think about it right now, I'll just get mad again and who can honestly be mad around puppies?

I pushed my glasses up my nose and looked around the cafe, there weren't many people in here today but those who were here were playing with the wide range of dogs the cafe had. Some people were even training them.

One guy on the other side of the room was training a black and tan King Charles Spaniel. Judging but the way he was training and the shirt he was wearing he was one of the cafes actual trainers, there was something familiar about him.

I watched him train while I waited for him to turn around. He had the puppy sit, lie down, roll over, and spin in a circle. Then he made a gun with his hand and pointed it at the puppy as he said 'bang'.

"Bang," he said again when the puppy just looked at him. This time the puppy laid on his side. I guess it was a new trick.

He fed him a reward then turned around. Seriously? Of all the places to see Seyong, I didn't consider a dog cafe as one of them.

It just didn't make sense to me to see him here. He get's mad if someone looks at him the wrong way, I'd have expected him to react badly if a puppy nibbled on his hand. I honestly hadn't seen him as an animal person and yet he's here training dogs?

I started to collect my things to leave when he spotted me. Frowning he made his way over to me. Please go away.

"Eunji? What are you doing here? Are you stalking me?" he frowned sitting down.

"Yes, I'm stalking you. That's more believable than I came here because it's close to my university," I sighed pushing my glasses up my nose again.

"I didn't know you wore glasses," he continued to frown, ignoring my outburst.

"Why would you?"

"I wouldn't, " he shrugged as the puppy he was training jumped onto his lap.

"This is Luffy, and that's Sanji. They're characters from One Piece, do you like One Piece?"

"I've never seen it," I shrugged.

"What's wrong with you?"

"I don't know you seem to have a list," I shrugged again.

"What's your problem today?" he frowned.

"Am I not allowed to be in a bad mood or have a bad day?" I sighed.

"Why are you having a bad day?" he asked.

"Why do you suddenly care?"

"We could get lunch and you could talk about it?" he seemed to just shrug off my comment.

"I was actually just leaving," I stated as the waitress brought me my coffee.

"Were you?"

"That's why it's in a takeaway cup," I nodded.

"Wait," he got up taking my cup and my phone standing in front of me so I couldn't get out of the booth.

"Give them back," I sighed, he took a sip of coffee and frowned.

"Ew, what is this?"

"Not yours, now give me my things back," I sighed again.

"I wasn't hungry anyway, but look at Sanji, sleeping so peacefully. Do you really want to disturb him?"

"I'm really not in the mood Seyong," I could feel a headache coming back as Sanji moved his head.

"Now you've upset Sanji," he shook his head.

"Give me my phone please," I stood up with my bag ready to leave.

"Reach for it," he smirked.

"I'm not playing your game," I just stood there in front of him.

"If you can reach it, I'll let you leave," he took another sip of coffee scrunching up his face.

"If you don't like it, don't drink it,"

"If you want it, reach for it," I rolled my eyes and reach up.

"You'll have to try harder," he shook his head. With his height of 177 cm there was no way my 165 cm could reach that high, but just to shut him up, I tried.

I jumped a little and almost got it but I knocked the coffee cup he was about to take another sip from, the lid came off when he squeezed the cup so it didn't fall. As he squeezed the cup, the contents spilt right down the front of him. He frowned down at himself.

"You just ruined my favourite pair of pants," he kept a serious face but a smirked tugged at the corner of his lips.

"That was your fault," I frowned as anxiety rose.

"You're just going to have to buy me new pants now," he shrugged.

"Why? You spilt coffee on yourself,"

"It was your coffee and you hit the cup, how do I know you didn't sabotage it?"

"Are you serious?"

"I can't walk around all day looking like I've wet myself," he ushered the waitress over to mop up the small puddle of coffee at his feet.

"I'm not buying you pants Seyong,"

"I have your phone and you can only have it back when I have new pants,"
 

***
 

"I don't like these ones either," he put the pair of black pants that were identical to the four other pairs he'd just tried on and also hadn't liked.

"Just pick a pair so I can go home," I sighed.

"You pick them," he stated.

"Why?"

"You ruined the other ones, so you can pick the new pair,"

"The other pair isn't even ruined the coffee will wash out in the machine,"

"I still need pants, so pick some," I rolled my eyes and looked around the store.

"Here,"I handed him a pair of tight black leather pants and he walked towards the change room.

"What do you think?" he asked.

Honestly, they looked amazing on him. They were the right amount of tight, and they worked well with the grey jumper he had on. Right now he is what Jiyeon would call do-able. But I wasn't going to tell him that.

"They're fine, can we go now?"

"Not yet, I want to get a new shirt to go with them. It's too hot to wear a jumper,"

"Can't you do that on your own?"

"If you don't want your phone back," he nodded.

"Fine,"

"Pick me something," he smirked.

"I don't want too,"

"The quicker it's done, the quicker you can leave," he hummed to himself. I sighed rolling my eyes picking up a plain white tee shirt and throwing it at him.

"Can we go now?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Soon," he nodded.

"Are you going to keep me captive all day?" I sighed.

"You can leave at any point," he walked back into the change room.

What was he playing at? Was this another one of his games? Is he just toying with me before he tries to convince me to sleep with him again?

He came back out with the pair of pants and shirt draped over his arm, then he started walking around the store. I just followed behind him quietly as he picked up something, frowned at it, then put it back down. Twenty minutes, he continued this pointless task for twenty minutes.

"What are you doing?" I finally sighed.

"Looking,"

"For what?"

"I don't know, I'm just looking," he shrugged picking up a blazer jacket, it was black with white paint splatters over it. From what I've seen him pick up, this wasn't something he would normally wear,

"I don't know what you're doing but we both know you're not going to buy that so can you put it down and can we go?" I sighed, I'd had enough of whatever game he was playing.

"You don't think I'll buy it?"

"No, can we go now?"

"Sure," he draped the blazed over his arm.

"Seriously?"

"What?"

"You wanted a new shirt because it's too hot for a jumper, now you're going to buy a blazer because I said you wouldn't?"

"No, I'm buying it because I want it,"

"Are we going then?" I rolled my eyes.

"Sure," he nodded.

When we got to the checkout I looked through my bag for my wallet but by the time I'd found it Seyong had already paid for the clothes. What?

"I thought you wanted me to buy you new pants?"

"Well I had other things to buy so it was easier to pay for it all at once, you can just buy lunch," he shrugged.

"Lunch?" I frowned.

"Yeah, I'm hungry and you got a message telling you to eat something if you hadn't already," he stated.

"You read my messages?"

"No, I read a message that came up across a locked screen,"

"Give me my phone back," I sighed.

"After lunch," he nodded.

"You said I could have it back once you had new pants,"

"I changed my mind seeing as I paid for the pants," he shrugged.

"Just think of it as payment for the coffee you wasted,"

"Those pants cost more than a cup of coffee,"

"Then think of yourself in credit,"

"It's just lunch, then I promise I'll give you your phone back,"

Just because I was hungry didn't mean I wanted to sit down and eat lunch with Seyong. We might be on speaking terms but that doesn't necessarily mean I wanted to speak with him.

"What do you want?" I sighed.
 

***
 

"Did you know that Seyong works at a Dog Cafe?" I asked Insoo.

"Yeah, he's been volunteering there since he got to Seoul," Insoo nodded.

"Volunteering?"

"Yeah, he trains dog for the cafe, or just goes in there to play with them, before we moved sometimes he would bring one home from time to time,"

"But he's Seyong,"

"He has a nice side, how do you know about the cafe?"

"I ran into him today, he spilt coffee down himself which somehow ended up my fault,"

"How?"

"It was my coffee and I bumped it reaching for my phone he was holding in there air, he's the one who squeezed the cup,"

"Why did he have your phone?" Insoo frowned.

"He took it trying to convince me to stay, I didn't get it back until after lunch,"

"You had lunch with him?"

"Well I was supposed to get it back once he got new pants but he paid for them so I had to buy him lunch but he paid for that too, it was completely pointless," I sighed as my phone started ringing, 'Zelo' flashed across the screen.

"Sorry," I stated before answering.

"Hey,"

"Hey, are you okay? Kwangmin said you were a little out of it and you snapped at him?"

INSOO

"I'm fine, I'd just had a headache and Kwangmin was a little too much for me to deal with today," she smiled apologetically as she got up and left the room at the same time Seyong entered.

"Hey," he smiled sitting down next to my on the lounge.

"You're in a good mood," I glared playfully.

"I had a good day,"

"I heard all about it," I nodded.

"Interesting tactic Seyong, covering yourself in coffee and keeping a phone hostage just so you can spend time with a girl, the interesting thing there is by the sounds of it. You didn't do it to get laid,"

"You don't know that maybe it just didn't work,"

"Then why are you in a good mood?"

"Because... It's all part of my plan," he nodded to himself.

"I never thought I would see the day that Kim Seyong spent the day with a girl and didn't get laid. One might think you're starting to like said girl, I mean it's an awfully complex plan just to get one girl to sleep with you,"

"I can spend a day with a girl and not have with her,"

"Your mother doesn't count," I retorted.

"And neither does my sister," I stated when he opened his mouth to defend himself.

"Shut up" he muttered getting up and walking away.