Chapter Forty Six

Day By Day {MYNAME}

Authors Note

I know I've said this before, about a million times. But Sorry for the chapter delay and thank you for your patients. I have decided to give myself deadlines though and update monthly until I can get back to updting more regularly than that. So, on the 11th of every month there will be a new chapter starting today.

That being said, here is a chapter that you have not only been waiting for but anticipating, let me know what you think.

Love NubNub xox

***

EUNJI

Jiyeon and Insoo had gotten here about an hour ago; Ji had insisted on helping me in the kitchen to cook dinner, Insoo limped his way over to the lounge with Seyong. Apparently, he had crutches but he didn't want to use them because they hurt his armpits.

"So, how was your spontaneous date?" Ji smirked raising an eyebrow.

"We went to a cafe and then went and seen a movie," I shrugged.

"And?"

"And nothing, it was just another one of our cute dates were we drink coffee and hold hands," I shrugged again.

As nervous as I was about kissing him, I was also disappointed that he hadn't tried to kiss me lately. I was pretty sure I would let him, even if I freaked out; I want to kiss him. Maybe he had given up on trying? That was a scarier thought that actually kissing him. If we only held hands he was sure to get bored and realised; I wasn't worth all of the effort he was putting in.

"You still haven't kissed?" she frowned.

"No,"

"Why not?"

"I think he's given up on trying because of the times I've freaked out or pulled away,"

"You didn't look like you were going to pull away the time I walked into the kitchen,"

"Yes, but as you've all pointed out; my poker face is terrible so he probably saw how freaked out I was,"

"Why don't you just kiss him then?"

"Are you kidding me?"

"What? Just force yourself to do it once and all the nerves you have will be gone," she suggested.

"Probably, but it's a lot harder to force myself to do something that scares me that you would think,"

SEYONG

"Do you want to kiss him?" Jiyeon asked. I paused, I was around the corner so they didn't know I was there, or at least Eunji didn't.

"Of course,"

"So, don't think about anything else and just do it,"

"I can't. Every time I think about it I freeze, and if he sees me freeze he'll think I don't want too,"

"Maybe I should talking to him about it?" Jiyeon sighed looking over to the corner where I know she seen me.

"No don't, I'll talk to him. I can't have you needing to get involved in my relationship every time I'm scared to do something,"

"I would only tell him to take you somewhere and distract you, then when you're having fun and not even thinking about being kissed, to just do it without warning," she stated clearly.

"And knowing that is what you would tell him, I would be looking out for it so it wouldn't help," Eunji stayed.

"Okay, I won't say anything to him," Jiyeon agreed.

"Promise me you won't talk to Seyong about this?"

"What if he comes to me?"

"Promise,"

"Okay, I promise I won't talk to Seyong about this," Jiyeon nodded.

I stood around the corner a little longer so Eunji didn't know I had been listening. How was I going to distract her enough to just kiss her without warning? Especially when it scared me too, I wasn't sure I would be able to do it without pausing.

"Do you need help?" I turned the corner.

"How long have you been there?" Eunji jumped.

"I just got here, I know better than to sneak up in you," I smiled.

"Oh, ah, not really," she stammered.

"You can set the table," Jiyeon stated.

"Why don't I help you?" she added.

"Jiyeon," Eunji frowned.

"Don't worry,"

"What's going on?" I acted clueless.

"Nothing," Eunji stated quickly.

"Right," I nodded picking up the stack of bowls and utensils.

"Is everything okay?" I raised an eyebrow.

"It's fine," she nodded turning her attention back to the pot in front of her.

I followed Jiyeon into the dining room, we stayed quiet for a moment, I was trying to figured out a way to distract both Eunji and myself so that I could kiss her without freaking her out, and so I wouldn't back away.

"Please tell me you heard that conversation?" Jiyeon mumbled quietly.

"Yeah,"

"Good," she let out a relieved sigh.

"Now I just need to figure out how to actually do that,"

"Don't look at me, I'm not even supposed to be talking to you," she shrugged.

"Please help me? I don't want to freak her out even more," she looked at me and sighed.

"I'll make you a deal; if you help me, I'll help you,"

"With what?"

"Does it matter?" she raised an eyebrow.

"I guess not," I stated reluctantly.

"If you don't want my help that's fine. But technically, you still kind of owe me one for that piece of advice you just overheard,"

"Okay fine," I sighed.

"Great," she stated leaving the kitchen.

JIYEON

We all sat down at the table to eat, Insoo wasn't too comfortable or happy with me making him put his leg up on a spare chair. But he didn't bother arguing with me either which was nice, considering I was going to have to use all of my energy trying to convince Eunji to write a song for us.

I waited until the table had broken out with small talk. I was trying to figure out how to segway into the topic of Eunji writing a song, but she did it for me.

"So how was work? Have you decided if you want to do the idol group thing?" she asked just before she slid a spoon full of food into .

"It's good, we all kind of decided to give it a shot. I mean, what's the harm in trying?" I shrugged.

"It's going to be difficult," Insoo commented.

"Why?" Eunji frowned.

"We've only got two weeks to get everything ready; one of the girls is going to work on the concept, another is going to work out our choreography, Solji is going to find us somewhere to rehears. But we can't do any of that yet,"

"Why not?" Seyong asked.

"Because we need a song first," I stated casually, turning my attention from my bowl to Eunji.

"Why are you looking at me?" she froze.

"Just hear me out," I said quickly.

She didn't look happy about it, she let out a sigh but stayed quiet gesturing for me to continue. I took a deep breath trying to figure out just how to word it so that she would want to do it, but I wouldn't be guilting her into it. I looked over at Seyong who nodded understanding that this is what I needed his help with.

"I know that you're not as confident in your work as you would like, but I just thought that you might have some half written pieces or maybe even some completed pieces that you're happy enough with or won't require much work. I'm not asking you to make you feel pressured and if you really don't want to do it we can try and find another way, but we're short on time and you're an amazing song writer,"

"Doesn't your company have connections to real song writers?" she asked.

"You are a real song writer," I defended.

"Not really,"

"You have tracks out there that you've worked on, just no one know that,"

"Because I don't want to use anyone else's fame to gain my own recognition," she countered.

"Eunji, this is your chance to get your name out there and gain recognition on your own. The group has only just formed; no one really knows them as a kpop group, and no offence Ji, but they're not exactly famous models either. If you were going to start anywhere, then you should start with a debut group. Besides, it will help both you and Jiyeon. She knows how you feel about your work, so clearly she wouldn't have come to you if she had other options," Seyong stated.

She let out a sigh, and sat there quietly thinking for a few moments. No one else said a word, we didn't ever eat. I was trying not to stare at her while she thought in case it scared her out of it, but I couldn't help it. 

I hadn't realised just how much I actually wanted to try this girl group thing until right now.

"How long would I have to write it?" she looked at me cautiously.

"I'm not going to lie; it would be better to have it as soon as possible. The second  we have the song we can start everything else and we do only have two weeks to pull it all together. But the song doesn't have to be perfect, we can work out all of the kinks after the two weeks is over and we've proved that this can work," I explained.

She was quiet again, biting her bottom lip. Deep in thought, I looked over at Seyong who just shrugged, he wasn't sure how to help anymore than he had and I didn't want to say anymore in case she decided it was too much.

"What do you have to lose? And if you need help, I'll be here. I'm pretty good and writing raps," Seyong commented.

"Let, me look through what I have and see what I can do. This isn't a yes; it's a maybe. But I'll look tonight and see what I have. I'll message you tomorrow morning and let you know if I can help," she sighed.

"Really?"

"It's not a yes," she repeated.

"A maybe is more than I thought I would get," I smiled.

"Let's stop discussing it before she changes her mind," Insoo finally spoke.

"I'm not going to change my mind, I will look and see if I can help and I will tell you tomorrow. But I would like to stop talking about it because it's starting to freak me out," she nodded.

"You're amazing," I smiled.

"There is no reason to freak out, you're perfectly capable," Seyong smiles at her supportively.

"So, I heard you had a date last night?" Insoo smirked at Seyong. Eunji smiled down at her bowl and went a little pink.

"We did," Seyong nodded.

"Anything special?"

"Seyong cooked," I commented.

"And you're still alive?" Insoo frowned.

"Hey!" Seyong frowned.

"I'm just saying you're not a very good cook,"

"I took a class," Seyong retorted then snapped his mouth shut. I don't think he'd meant to say that.

"You took a class?" The humor in Insoo's voice was almost condescending.

"Yeah, I taught him a few things," I commented with a shrug. I wasn't really sure why I was helping him, but Eunji smiled at me as a thank you.

"Seriously?" Insoo raises an eyebrow.

"Actually, I have nothing to be embarrassed about. Thanks for the cover Ji, but I went to an actual cooking class and learnt how to make a meal for my girlfriend," Seyong stayed proudly, but not as loudly as Insoo looked at him.

I'll admit I was the last person that wanted them together, and the comment that EunBi had made about people never actually changing had worried me. But there was no way this Seyong was an act, he genuinely cared about Eunji, and I'm pretty sure he would fight anyone who told him otherwise. Even if that someone was himself.

"You went to a cooking class?" Insoo repeated his question.

"Yes, I went to a cooking class. You can make fun of me if you want too but I'd do it again," Seyong shrugged. The way he looked at Eunji, I'm pretty sure he would do just about anything for her.

"You don't get to make fun of him," I glared at Insoo as he went to open his mouth.

"Why not?" he frowned at me.

"Because I said so," I shrugged.

"Well, I wasn't going to make fun of him anyway, I was going to thank Eunji,"

"For what?" Eunji frowned.

"For making him a human being," Insoo stayed, Seyong pulled a face at him.

EUNJI

Jiyeon and Insoo has left about 20 minutes ago, after Jiyeon had finished helping me with the dishes. Seyong and Insoo has sat in the lounge talking, after Seyong had offered to help me so Ji could take Insoo home. Insoo had acted offended saying that Seyong had wanted to get rid of him, but everyone kind of just ignored his tantrum.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Seyong asked from my doorway.

"Looking through my archive," I shrugged.

"What archive?" he lent against the door frame.

"You can come in if you want, I'm trying to find a song for Jiyeon,"

"Are you sure you're okay with me being in here for that?" he raised an eyebrow.

I felt like any comment he would make on my work would be helpful rather than critical. I don't know what made him different but I didn't actually mind him hearing my work, I actually kind of wanted to show him.

"Maybe you can help?" I smiled patting the spot next to me on the bed.

"Okay, but if you don't want me in here you can ask me to leave," he nodded joining me.

"I'm not really sure what kind of song I should even make them," I sighed looking at the long list of unfinished songs.

"They're just debuting so your best bet would be something up beat and catchy, something that will get stuck in your head,"

"So pop or electronic?"

"Yeah," he nodded leaning back against the head board.

SEYONG

She sat cross legged, staring at her computer screen. All of her songs seemed to be colour coded; blue for pop, purple for electronic. I couldn't figure out the other colours because she didn't click on any of them.

My phone buzzed in my pocket, Eunji didn't seem to notice she was too amerced in her task. I pulled my phone from my pocket; it was from Jiyeon.

There is a place where you can take her on a sky bike. She'll be too distracted by the views to notice you make your move. It's in Daecheon Beach, you'll have to leave early if you choose to go there because it's a 2 hour drive. - Jiyeon

I pulled up Naver and searched for the place Jiyeon was talking about. There was a video link from someone who had taken the sky bike ride. I watched it trying to decided if it was a good idea or not. About half way through there was a tunnel that was mostly black and probably the perfect place to kiss her. I would be able to pause and prepare myself and she wouldn't see it coming. I just wonder how she will feel about a two hour drive?

I guess she drove longer when we were down in the cabins, and if she really didn't want to get up early then she could just sleep in the car. I could just ask her.

I was about to speak when she lent back placing the laptop on her lap. Which would have been perfect normal, the reason I pause was she lent back onto me. I didn't want her to be uncomfortable so I moved my arm and place it around her shoulders. She wiggles a bit moving so her head was resting on my collar bone.

"What do you think of this one?" she asked playing one of the tracks.

She looked up at me when I didn't say anything. I hadn't actually heard any of it, I was a little shocked by the fact she was leaning on me. We had skinship, but this was more than she had ever initiated.

"Sorry, I wasn't listening," I apologised.

"Do you want me to play it again?" she frowned, I nodded.

"Of course," I smiled at her.

"Am I making you uncomfortable?" she lent forward, she looked a little worried.

"No, I was just surprised," I gently reached for her waist pulling her backwards.

"Let me listen," I added.

EUNJI

Seyong had fallen asleep a while ago, right after telling me I should get some sleep because we'd have to be up early to go on our day date.

I was going to go to sleep but I found a song that would work perfectly for what Jiyeon needed it for. So instead; I put my headphones in and started working on the song. I had meant to work on it so that there was enough of it for them to get started on the other things they needed to do, but I lost track of time and was so absorbed in working that I hadn't noticed the time until I'd almost completed the song; at 5:20 in the morning.

There was no point me going to sleep now, not when Seyong would wake me up in 40 minutes. So I decided to transfer the song onto a USB, I  got some clothes from my wardrobe, and then headed for the shower.

I was actually so happy with the song, I mean it did have a few things I had to fine tune, like the vocals, I was trying to be quiet so I didn't wake Seyong. I'd had to leave the room for an hour just to get the high notes. But I guess that wouldn't matter too much because they would record their own voices. There was a few other finishing touches I would like to add, but for the most part the song was complete.

I got out of the shower and got dressed. Sending Jiyeon a message I started drying my hair, as Seyong's alarm started to go off.

JIYEON

My phone chimed waking me up, normally I would just ignore it,  but it was a personalised message tone just for Eunji. I looked over at the time and frowned; Why was she messaging me this early? I relaxed a little when I realised that is couldn't be anything serious or she would have rung me.

Good morning, I hope you slept well. I didn't sleep at all because I've been up all night working on a song for you. You're lucky I'm such an amazing sister. I'll drop it off on the way to whatever date Seyong had planned today. - Eunji

I left Insoo asleep, closing the bedroom doors behind me. I made a coffee and sat down at the table waiting for Eunji.

I was really excited about this. Not just because I was trying something new, but Eunji was finally letting someone have one of her songs. Not only that, she was go into have her name on it. That alone made me want to work so much harder to make this a success.

Half an hour later there was a knock at the door, a very tired looking Eunji stood on the other side, with an enthusiastic and nervous Seyong standing right behind her. She was all but leaning on him for support. It made me feel a little bad, because; now she hadn't slept and they were going on a date. But at the same time with her being this tired, she wasn't going to notice Seyong trying to kiss her.

"Come in, Insoo is still asleep," I gestured for them to come in, Eunji shuffled her feet, Seyong frowned after her looking ready to catch her if she fell.

"Did you get any sleep last night?" he asked her.

"I was awake and ready before your alarm even woke you up, and I have a finished song. Do you really think I did that and slept?" she raised and eyebrow at him.

"I thought you just woke up early," he shrugged.

"With a finished song?"

"Well, it didn't seem like it needed that much work," he mumbled.

"I can't believe you stayed up all night working on a song you're actually going to let be released," I commented.

"It still needs a little tweaking and fine tuning but here it is, it's finished enough for you guys to get started. I had a little help with the rap but they're requesting to be unnamed," she smiled handing me a black USB.

"Was it Zelo?"

"I said I would help," Seyong frowned.

"You were asleep,"

"And Zelo wasn't?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Not when he text me back," she shrugged.

"Well thank you for this, I'm going to get ready and head to work. You two should head off for your date," I ushered them out of the house.

"Okay but let me know what you think, and if everyone else is on board with it, like I said there is some stuff that needs altering and.." she rambled.

"It's fine Eunji, go on your date, nap in the car, drink some coffee," I practically had to push her out the door.

INSOO

I heard the front door close, a few seconds late Jiyeon opened our bedroom door, she half smiled at me and tilted her head to the side.

"Morning,"

"Hey," I yawned.

"I'm going to get ready and the go to work, do you want to come or are you just going to relax here all day?"

"I'll come. Have you heard from Eunji?"I stretched sitting up.

"Yep," she waved a little black thing around.

"What's that?"

"A USB with a complete song on it,"

"Really? I didn't t think she was actually going to agree,"

"Neither did I, but she stayed up all night working on it. I feel a little bad for Seyong, but she was clearly determined," she shrugged.

"Why do you feel bad for Seyong?"

"Because they're going on a big date today and now she is tired because she hasn't slept at all,"

"They're going on a big date?"

"Yeah, Seyong has it all planned out, he's going to finally kiss her,"

"How do you know all of this?"

"Because he was asking me advice about it," she shrugged.

"I understand that, but how do I not know any of this?"

"Probably because you would make fun of him,"

"No I wouldn't!"

I mean, I would probably make fun of him a little, but that's what we did. I was actually kind of hurt that he didn't tell me about it. I know he came and talked about it yesterday, asking advice but he never actually said that he was going to take her on a date.

"Stop being hurt and get really if you're coming," Jiyeon rolled her eyes at me.

"I'm not hurt,"

"I'm sure he will tell you all about it after their date," she shook her head making her way into the bathroom.

SEYONG

We were about half way there when I decided to get coffee at a rest stop. Eunji was still asleep, she had been since probably five minutes into the drive. I was intentionally taking my time driving just so she could get more sleep, it was taking almost double the time it should. 

I think it's sweet that she stayed up all night writing a song for Jiyeon, and I think it's so great that she is finally agreeing to get her music out there, but she could have just brought her laptop with her on the drive and finished the song today. I didn't really like the idea of her not sleeping.

I tried to wake her before I got out of the car but she didn't budge, so I locked the doors and was as quick as I could be. I got her an iced coffee because I figured that if I got her a hot one it would just be cold by the time she woke up.

She didn't look like she'd even moved an inch while I was gone, but I was only gone maybe ten minutes. She did stir sightly when I started the car, she even let out an adorable little whimper but she stayed asleep.

I won't lie, I was kind of hoping to talk to her on the drive, maybe learn some more about each other. But I wasn't going to make her stay awake, and it was nice just having her here even if she was asleep.

JIYEON

Everyone was already gathered in the room when Insoo, Solji, and I arrived. 

Solji had stayed at J-Hearts last night so she had messaged Xander telling him she'd pick us up. Of course no one had told me that, and I'd sent him a message basically telling him off for being so late, just before Solji had knocked on my door.

"There you are," he sighed.

"Sorry, my fault," Solji smiled.

"I couldn't find all of my clothes this morning," she shrugged.

"Now that we're all here," Xander ignored her comment.

"Did you talk to your sister?" he turned his attention to me.

"I did," I nodded.

"Do I need to talk to her?" he sighed.

"Why would you need to talk to her?"

"To get her to agree to write a song for us,"

"Oh, I already did that," I shrugged.

"So, she's going to write us a song?"

"No," I shook my head.

"But you just said..." he paused, frowning.

"She stayed up all night working through her archive and finished a song just for us," I pulled the black USB from my back pocket.

"You could have just said that," he huffed at me.

"I could have, but where would the fun in that be?"

"Is it even any good?" LE raised an eyebrow. She was sitting in one of the black swivel chairs down the back of the room, arms crossed over her chest, same y expression she normally carries.

"Why don't you just listen to it and judge yourself?" I challenged.

Solji looked at me a little concerned, it may not have been the best idea to have Eunji write the song. If someone where to say something bad about it I'm not too sure I would be able to hold my tongue, and if I'm not then I can promise what comes out of my mouth won't be nice or civil.

EUNJI

I stretched feeling much better than I had when we'd gotten in the car, of course I hadn't had any sleep. I'd thought we would have arrived by the time I'd woken up, but we were still in the car. Seyong was humming along to a tune on the radio.

"Hey, feeling better?" he smiled, quickly glancing over at me before turning his attention back to the road.

"Yeah, sorry I slept through most of the trip," I gave him an apologetic smile.

"It's okay, I got you an iced coffee," he stated nodding towards the cup holder.

"Mm," I hummed picking it up and taking a sip.

"We're almost there, probably another ten minutes," he stated.

"How long have you been driving?"

"Almost four hours," he shrugged.

"I thought it was only a two hour drive?" I frowned.

"It is, but I took my time driving and stopped a few times so you could get some more sleep," he stated turning down a side road.

"You didn't have to do that," I stated, but really I was trying to contain a squeal. I mean, really? Who does that? How can he be so sweet? There is no way I would have believed he even had this side a few months ago.

"You'll enjoy our date more if you're not grumpy or falling asleep," he commented with a small smile.

It wasn't long before he parked the car and opened my door for me. He held his hand out for me, I took it without hesitation. He led me from the parking lot towards the entrance.

"A sky bike?" I raised my eyebrow tilting my head.

"Yep," he smiled then paused, frowning her turned to me.

"Is that okay?"

"I've never been sky biking, but it looks like it will be fun," I shrugged.

"We can do something else if you want,"

"No, I want to do whatever you planned," I smiled at him.

"Okay," he nodded. There was a flash of something in his eyes, and he look nervious; I didn't want to make that worse.

I didn't lie though, I think it will be fun, and I love knowing that he has thought and planned out a date. It shows that he cares and the fact that he's nervious proves that this is important to him, so even if I didn't want to do this, I still would.

"After you," he gestured for me to get on.

I slid in, placing my feet on the peddles, he sat next to me doing the same, his hand slid back into mine and we began pedaling. It was nice, the beach view was so pretty. Seyong stopped pedaling a few minutes in, I frowned over at him but kept peddling on my own, it was actually really hard, I realised how much Seyong was doing.

"Why did you stop?"

"I'm tired, you pedal," he shrugged, a small smile tugged at his lips.

"Really?"

"Yeah, come on put some more work into it," he encouraged.

SEYONG

She just shook her head but tried as hard as she could to get the bike to move faster. I chuckled slightly placing my feet back on them. I was kind of joking but mostly I was trying to distracted her from the section we were pedaling over water. She didn't seem to notice though.

There was no tunnel on the track, I'd realised that after I'd looked the place up again at one of the rest stops. I was looking at the wrong one last night, so I was going to have to improvise. I was so nervous I could practically feel the adrenaline racing through my veins. I thought about backing out and just spending the day with her instead, but I also knew that I would regret it if I didn't do it today.

I took a deep breath and mentally prepared myself.

"Look at that," I pointed out to the water, I knew she would look to see what I was pointing at and I had a few seconds before she turned towards me to ask what I was trying to show her. I moved my face inches from hers.

"Look at wh..." she paused as our lips touched.