Chapter Four

Day By Day {MYNAME}

The house as pretty quiet as I made my way down the stairs; some humming from the kitchen, the noise from the TV, and some banging coming from the garage? I poked my head in the door, the car had been moved over sitting against the far wall, the boxes had been neatly stacked in front of it. Insoo and Seyong were putting together some metal frames in the large amount of space left - enough to store a second car.

"Hey, what's up?" Insoo smiled when he saw me, Seyong looked up rolled his eyes and went back to screwing one pole to another. He'd said nothing to me since last night which I was thankful for.

"I'm on my way out, I was just curious about the banging," I shrugged.

"We're putting together some gym equipment,"

"Oh okay," I nodded.

"It's more convenient to have somewhere here to workout, rather than go to the gym. I mean the last time we did that, these two girls stared at us - it was strange," he smirked.

"Why are you explaining yourself?" Seyong frowned at his friend who returned it with a disapproving look.

"Are you going out?" he asked looking at what I was wearing; a black shirt that stopped two inches above the knee with black stockings, a plain white t-shirt and a light pink cardigan. I'd left my hair down and pulled it over my right shoulder.

"I'm going out with a friend," I nodded.

"The boyfriend?"

"He's just a friend," I laughed.

"Okay, have fun,"

"Did you need anything?"

"No, we're fine," I left them and made my way into the kitchen where Jiyeon was still humming, throwing things into a pot that was simmering away on the stove.

"What are you making?" I asked.

"I don't know, a soup of some sort," she shrugged.

"Are you going to be here for lunch?" she asked tasting the broth.

"Probably not," I shook my head.

"Okay, well tell Zelo I said hello," she smirked.

"Will do, I'm off now," she nodded.

***

"Hey!" he beamed pulling me into a hug.

"I'd like to breathe now," I mumbled into his chest.

"Sorry, so fill me in, what have I missed?" he put his arm over my shoulder.

"You know everything, it's the beauty of text messaging," I smirked.

"Okay, fine. Tell me about the guy you're living with then,"

"Which one?"

"The one that you think hit on you,"

"His name is Seyong," I shrugged.

"And?"'

"Let's go sit somewhere and I'll tell you all about it," I sighed.

"Good idea, I'm hungry anyway," he nodded.

We found a little street vendor, he ordered more than I thought we could eat and we sat at a table. I began telling him about the conversations Seyong and I'd have had since the gym. The food was being placed on our table as I finished talking.

"I wouldn't exactly call that hitting on you," Zelo frowned eating some fish cake.

"Sounds like he's trying to, well, maybe he should go find someone in a club," he added with a smirked.

"Good thing we're going next weekend,"

"Want me to spontaneously show up?" he winked.

"If you like, but I'll be fine," I shrugged.

We wondered around for a few hours after we finished eating, he'd only been gone a month but it was nice to see him again. I always missed him when he went on tour. There was no romantic link between us, he was basically my second brother. We chatted as we walked, he'd insisted on walking me home, as he always did.

"Wow," he nodded.

"Yeah, do you want to stay for dinner? Jiyeon and Gunwoo would love to see you," I offered.

"No, it's okay. I should get back to the dorm. But I'll see you Monday if not before," he pulled me into a quick hug before walking back the way we'd come.

***

Monday.

"Good morning," I greeted hurrying into the kitchen, everyone was sitting at the table eating breakfast.

"Morning, come sit down and eat," Jiyeon called after me.

"I can't, I'm running late," I walked over to the shoe closet.

"You and me both," Chaejin came running down the stairs.

"Seriously? It's your first day back," Gunwoo frowned.

"I'll eat something after the meeting," I called slipping on my shoes and hurrying out the door.

Chaejin wasn't far behind, he was quick to catch up and we walked together to the university. It wasn't far from the house, maybe ten minutes at most which was handy. We were almost there with time to spare so I decided to stop into a convenient store.

"I'm going to keep going, I'll see you later," Chaejin waved as my phone started ringing, I waved back and answered;

"Hello?"

"Where are you?"

"I'm on my way, I'll be there soon,"

"Well hurry, you've only got ten minutes before it starts,"

"Okay Kwangmin, I'll be there soon," I sighed.

"Bring me food, oh Ricky and Zelo are back," he stated before hanging up.

I rolled my eyes leaving the store and opening a packet of onion rings eating while I walked. I was curious about what they had planned for the showcase this year. Last year they had us form small groups of 6 to 9 people, it was a lot of fun but some students felt they weren't bring acknowledged due to there being too many people on stage at one time. 

I arrived with five minutes to spare, Minwoo and the MinTwins were waiting for me with Zelo by the door.

"Hey," I smiled as I approached.

"Come on, Ricky is saving us a spot," Kwangmin stated, taking my bag of onion rings and running off.

"Come on," Zelo sighed placing an arm over my shoulder, the rest of us walked inside and found Ricky at the back of the large group of students, all seated on the floor awaiting the director.

"Hello stranger," I sat down next to him.  Zelo sat on the other side of me, Minwoo next to him and the MinTwins in front of us, Kwangmin was eating the last of what was in the bag.

"Nice to see you back," I added.

"Good to be back," he nodded.

I was close with all of them, but I was closest with Ricky and Zelo, we'd been friends since the first year of school. Zelo and I met on the very first day and hit it off instantly, we met Ricky a few months later.

"How's the new house?" he asked.

"I will tell you all about it later, it's a long story,"

"The house is good, at least from the outside, I haven't been inside yet. The group is nice but one of them keeps hitting on her," Zelo shrugged, I frowned at him.

"What? It's not that long a story," he smirked.

"Sounds interesting," Ricky laughed.

"I guess,"

"I'll have to come over and talk to him," Ricky joked, there was nothing about him that was in any way tough or intimidating, he was the sweetest guy I know.

"How was you tour?" I asked casually changing the subject.

"It was tour, we actually," he began but as cut off by the director.

"Good morning, students," his voiced was friendly but boomed through the auditorium without the help of a microphone.

"So, due to the extensive complaints we received with last year's showcase, this year you will prepare duets or solo stages. The rules are simple; to avoid arguments or accusations of stealing routines, no one will be doing the same song. Once you've chosen a song and partner if you so choose, make your way up here and you'll be marked down, first in best dressed. You will be graded individually so don't assume that you will pass if only one of you does the work. Oh, and for those of you who are already in the music industry, you will not be permitted to perform your own music, let's keep things fair," a chorus of sighs and groans rumbled through the crowd.

"I know, I'm horrible. Use the rest of the lesson to find a partner and choose a song, that will be all," with that the director took a seat behind a desk that had been set up on the stage. The room erupted in noise.

"Eunji, want to be my partner?" Kwangmin asked.

"I was going to do it with one of these two," I frowned.

"Oh, I'm going to do a solo stage," Zelo shrugged.

"Same, I don't know if I'm going to be here or on tour," Ricky sent me an apologetic look.

"Well, in that case, I guess we're partners," I nodded at Kwangmin.

"Good, I already have the perfect song," he smiled standing up.

"What song?"

"Trust me," he winked before going off to the director.

"Wait, what song?" I frowned but he's already gone.

"That smile always brings trouble," Zelo shook his head, Ricky nodded in agreement. He came back with the biggest smile I've ever seen on his face. They were right, Kwangmin with a smile like that always brought trouble. Kwangmin sat back down in front of me buzzing with excitement.

"What song did you just sign us up for?" I asked again.

"We're doing Now by Trouble Maker,"

"We're doing what?"

"I thought it would be good, it's perfect for showing off dance, vocal and acting ability,"

"You want me to dance to Now?"

"If we pull it off we win," he shrugged.

"I'm not doing it, we're picking a different song," I shook my head.

"No changing songs or switching partners," he stated with a smug smile.

"Then I'm not doing it,"

"You have too, it's compulsory and worth 30% of the final grade,"

"I'm not happy with you right now," I sighed.

***

"It's your own fault, you shouldn't have agreed to be his partner," Zelo shook his head.

"What do you mean it's my fault?"

"Kwangmin likes you," Ricky shrugged.

"No, he doesn't," I sighed,

"Yes he does," Zelo nodded.

"It's not like that. I've got to get home, I'll see you two tomorrow," I muttered.

"Text me later," Zelo smirked.

I made my way home, it was only 4:30 p.m. right now. The house was completely empty.  I guess the boys were at the company and I assumed Jiyeon was in her own apartment. I sighed wondering through the house into the kitchen to get a drink. There was a note on the bench addressed to me;

Hey Eunji,

I've just got to go to my apartment to sort a few things out. I'll be back for dinner, there are leftovers from breakfast in the fridge if you get hungry before then. xx

-Jiyeon 

I made my way up to my room and collapsed onto my bed, rolling over I checked my phone; 9:30 p.m. Had I fallen asleep? I mean obviously I had but 5 hours? Why did no one wake me?

"You're awake?" Gunwoo smiled when I walked into the lounge room.

"I tried to wake you up for dinner but you were dead to the world. I put some food away for you," she nodded towards the bench.

"Sorry," I yawned.

"How did your meeting go?" Gunwoo asked as I stood in front of the island eating out of the small containers.

"It was interesting, we're doing duets for this year's showcase,"

"So what are you and Zelo doing? Or are you doing it with Ricky?" Jiyeon asked.

"Who's Ricky?" Insoo asked.

"The third member in their trio of trouble," Gunwoo joked.

"Ricky is a childhood friend, he's known Eunji almost as long as Zelo. She used to run around the schoolyard chasing them like a lost puppy," Jiyeon explained.

"I did not, and they're both doing a solo," I shrugged.

"Who are you doing it with then?" Gunwoo asked casually.

"Kwangmin,"

"The twin that likes you," Jiyeon over emphasized.

"He does not,"

"He does too, that boy falls over his own feet trying to impress you. I swear he'd trade his own brother for a chance to date you,"

"You're over exaggerating Jiyeon," I sighed,

"What song are you doing?" Insoo asked.

"Ah, Now," I mumbled.

"Trouble Maker'Now?" JunQ clarified.

"Yeah,"

"See, I told you," Jiyeon smirked.

"It's not like that,"

"Oh, what song are you doing?" I remembered to ask Chaejin in hopes of changing the subject.

"A song Till The Sun Rises by Baek Seung Heon,"  he nodded.

"Who picked the song?" She challenged raising an eyebrow.

"Kwangmin,"

"That's what I thought,"

"Okay, I'm going back to bed,"

"Awe, come on, don't be like that," Chaejin frowned.

"You just got up," Gunwoo frowned.

"I'm still tired, good night," I waved.

"Goodnight," they called back.

As I walked up the stairs my phone vibrated, I ignored it until I got changed and slid into bed. I opened the message once I was comfortable thinking it was Zelo of Ricky;

Hey Eunji, I'm sorry if I upset you today. I thought it would be a fun song. But I can try and talk to the director tomorrow if you want.

-KMinTwin

No, it's fine, the director made it clear he wont let us change songs. We'll just make some adjustments.

-Eunji

Okay. I'll talk to you tomorrow.

-KMinTwin

I sighed turning my phone off, rolled over onto my side and quickly fell back to sleep.