Chapter Seven

Day By Day {MYNAME}

VIDEO LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0nuGcumWMA

[A/N: The chapter is loosely based on MYNAME's We Are The Night MV, Video is linked in case you haven't seen it or would like to watch it again anyway. Also click the little arrow next to the video to see the characters outfits for this chapter :)  -NubNub]

I tucked my cardigan into the front of my skirt and checked my appearance in the mirror; white studded collar, white cardigan with a black cross on it, tucked into black pleated skirt. I wasn't entirely sure it was club worthy but I liked it and Jiyeon had said it was fine.

"Are you ready?" she asked sweeping her bangs to the side as she slid on a leather jacket over her leopard print dress.

"Sure," I nodded picking up a pair of black lace flats with a bow on them.

"It's not going to be as bad as you think it is," she stated reaching for her black ankle boots as she ushered me out of the room.

We walked down stairs, the boys were in the lounge room waiting for us - Chaejin and JunQ were chatting with Gunwoo who, judging by the expression on their faces, was confusing them with one of his strange theories. Seyong looked irritated leaning against the wall, probably because he had to wait. Insoo smiled at us sending Jiyeon a flirtatious wink.

"You look good," he smiled getting up from his spot on the lounge.

"I know," Jiyeon smirked.

"Oh, I was talking to Eunji, but you look good too," Seyong glared at him, Jiyeon playfully hit him in the arm rolling her eyes.

"Let's go," he linked arms with the both of us and lead us out the door.

The club was within walking distance with was good, I figured at least half of our group would be drinking tonight. Seyong walked off ahead, Gunwoo was explaining something about a grasshopper and a moth to Chaejin and JunQ who looked at him like he was already drunk. I walked with Jiyeon and Insoo whose arm was still linked through mine.

We walked into the building instantly greeted with loud music, it wasn't extremely crowded though which was a nice surprise. I wasn't really someone who enjoyed clubs, I didn't really liked being confined to a small space and I wasn't a fan of sweaty strangers grinding against me because there was no room to even move.

"Shall we go dance?" Insoo asked,

"Sure," Jiyeon shrugged.

"I'll be out there soon, I just want to get a drink,"

"Already?" Jiyeon half teased, half frowned.

"Of water," I assured her.

I was standing at the bar waiting for the bartender when someone tapped my shoulder, I frowned turning cautiously and found a tall skinny figure with faded pink hair smiling down at me. I hadn't seen him since high school.

"Hey," I embraced him in a hug.

"I knew it was you," he beamed,

"What are you doing here?" he asked with an arm slung over my shoulders.

"My brothers group wanted a night out," I shrugged as the bartender handed me my glass.

"That's pretty hard stuff," he joked shaking his head at my water.

"At least I don't dribble it down myself,"

"Hey, that was for a music video, and it was juice," he poked his tongue out at me.

"I think it was just a NG that they decided to use," I shrugged.

"I'm offended you think so," he pouted.

"So, who are you here with?" I laughed.

"I was here with Lumin but I kind of lost him somewhere in the crowd, want to come dance with me so I'm not lonely?"

"Sure,"

He lead me out to the dance floor, Jiyeon smiled over at me, winking when she seen Jerry.

JIYEON

I looked around for Insoo, Seyong had come and got him not too long ago, they were by the bar with a short girl who was wearing a red Chicago Bulls jersey, it looked like Seyong was trying to set them up together and Insoo didn't seem to be going for it.

Insoo frowned at him, Seyong said something to the girl and pulled Insoo aside. They talked for a moment, I guess Seyong wore him down because he nodded which Seyong smiled triumphantly at. They walked back over to the girl, Seyong kept walking and Insoo sat down at the bar with her ordering a drink. Jealousy shot through me, why is he having a drink with her?

INSOO

"This is Rina, you're going to entertain her tonight," Seyong informed me.

"Excuse me?" I frowned.

"Give us a minute," he told her pulling me aside.

"You lost the bet yesterday, this is your punishment, pretty good punishment if you ask me,"

"I'm here with Jiyeon,"

"No, you're here, and Jiyeon's here, you're not together," he frowned.

"I like her,"

"Yeah, she's pretty but you've already been there done that,"

"No, Seyong, I actually like her, like seriously like her,"

"Wow," he frowned at me,

"Yeah, so you can pick something super embarrassing of you like, but I'm not entertaining her all night," I shook my head.

"Have one drink with her, and you're in the clear," he sighed.

"Seyong,"

"It's one drink, you and Jiyeon aren't dating yet, besides it might make her jealous," he smirked attempting to help.

"I don't want to make her jealous,"

"One drink, then you're done," he shrugged.

"One drink," I sighed.

EUNJI

I was so exhausted. I'd been dancing with Jerry for what felt like days when in reality it was only like two hours. Lumin had found us maybe ten minutes ago and they'd left because they had practice in the morning.

I sat down in one of the booths over looking the dance floor. I scanned the room for the others. I hadn't see them for about and hour, but I wasn't exactly looking for them. Gunwoo was sitting at the bar with what I assumed was a gorgeous woman, I only seen the back of her, but pretty women were always attracted to Gunwoo. I was honestly surprised he was still single with the amount of attention he gets. They were laughing as Gunwoo ordered them drinks.

JunQ was up on the podium DJ-ing, he looked like he was really into it and there were no complaints about his music choices. Chaejin was sitting a few booths down with a large group of people, he appeared to be enjoying himself.

Seyong was in the middle of the dance floor grinding between two girls; one was tall with a bob cut hairstyle, her shorts were borderline underwear and her sequin top stood out giving her the attention she seemed to crave. The other girl was shorter, with reasonably long hair, her shorts could actually be classed as such. She wore with a baggy jersey and a clack beanie, she seemed to be dancing more for fun than to impress him.

I continued scanning the room looking for Jiyeon and Insoo but I couldn't find them, frowning I looked again spotting them coming out of the bathroom together. Jiyeon fixing her hair, Insoo adjusting his jumper.

I wanted to go out and dance some more but I just didn't have the energy left so I sat and enjoyed the music JunQ was playing ordering something to drink.

"Hey, can I buy you a drink?" A tall stranger appeared at my table, he seemed like he'd already been drinking.

"No thank you, I just ordered one," I politely declined.

"Can I buy your next one?"

"No, I'm fine thank you,"

"Are you waiting for someone? Do you mind if I sit down?" the smirk on his face made me uneasy.

"Eunji, hey there you are, we've been looking for you," Chaejin came walking over with a few of his friends.

"That boyfriend of yours has been trying to ring you, seems he's locked himself out of his car. We've got to go get him," he ushered for me to follow him.

"Seriously?" I sighed, getting up I nodded at the stranger who looked confused.

I followed Chaejin and his friends down the stairs out of the strangers view.

"Thank you,"

"It looked like it was about to get awkward, see you at home," he smiled walking off.

I decided that was it for me, I was going to head home. I just had to find Jiyeon and tell her so she didn't worry. She was off to the side of the dance floor laughing with Insoo.

"Hey, who were you with?" she smirked.

"Just then?" I frowned, had she seen that?

"No, before the guy you were dancing with. Why? Who were you with just then?" she frowned.

"I was dancing with Jerry, he's a friend from high school, and just then no one. Someone was trying to buy me a drink but Chaejin saved me," I shrugged.

"Oh, are you having fun?"

"Yeah, I'm exhausted though so I'm going to head home before I fall asleep," I smiled

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I'll see you at home,"

"Wait, we'll come with you, we just need to get out things," Insoo stated when he noticed the concern on Jiyeon's face.

"Oh, no, you guys stay here and have fun. I'll be fine,"

"Who's going to walk with you? It's late," Jiyeon asked.

"We will, we were only going to go and talk but it's quieter at home, just let us get our things," he reassured Jiyeon.

"Okay, I'll go let Gunwoo know," I nodded.

He was still sitting at the bar, but the beautiful girl had disappeared leaving him sitting on his own.

"Where'd your friend go?" I asked approaching him.

"What friend?"

"The lady that was here before,"

"Oh, her, no, she was asking for directions, to the pool tables," he nodded.

"Okay," I frowned at him, he normally acted weird but he was acting weirder right now, I mean the pool tables were literally right behind us.

"I'm going home, Jiyeon and Insoo are coming with me," I added deciding not to press him further, clearly it was something he didn't want to talk about.

"Okay, be careful and message me when you get there,"

***

I was sitting at the dining room table with Insoo eating breakfast, well technically it was lunch, when Seyong came wondering in the front door wearing the same clothes as last night.

"Did you have fun last night?" Insoo smirked at his friend doing the walk of shame, though I doubt he felt any.

"Yeah, it was a lot of fun."

"Must have been if you stayed the night," Insoo nodded.

"I couldn't be bothered leaving afterwards," he shrugged sitting down next to Insoo, across from me.

"Was she pretty?"

"I'm insulted you feel the need to ask that question, why would I sleep with someone who wasn't?" Seyong raised and eyebrow.

"But to answer your question, yes, they both were," he added with a nod.

"Really?" Insoo made a face.

"What? I couldn't leave the other one empty handed and I felt obligated to show her a good time seeing as my wing man passed on her," he shrugged.

"Just be careful. You don't need a scandal coming out and ruining everything you've worked for," Insoo warned.

"It'll be fine, they were back up dancers for some company. If they leek a scandal, it affects them too," he shrugged.

"I'm just saying be careful,"

"What about you Eunji? Did you have fun last night?" Seyong turned his attention towards me.

"Yeah," I nodded.

"It looked like it, he must have been a fun guy, you would have had more fun with me though," he sounded bored but winked at me.

"She got quite a bit of male attention last night," Insoo smirked, Seyong frowned, and I sat there awkwardly trying to finish my food so I could leave the table.

"It happens when you're attractive, you would't know," he joked.

"Don't you ever get bored?" Insoo sighed.

"Of what?"

"Yourself," he smirked at his friend who rolled his eyes.

"You were really pretty last night," Insoo smiled getting up.

"Thank you," I nodded as he left the room.

"You did look good, I looked good to huh?" Seyong smiled smugly.

"I don't know, I didn't see you," I shrugged.

"Seriously? I was the good looking one sandwiched between the two gorgeous women,"

"Can't say I saw that," I shook my head.

"Really?" he gave me a strange look.

"Really," I nodded collecting my dishes and leaving the room.

"You seen me before we left," I heard him mutter.