Chapter Sixteen

Day By Day {MYNAME}

JIYEON

I rolled over and looked at the clock on the wall; 11:30. I frowned reaching for my phone, which was turned off. Why was my phone off? Insoo. I sighed.

I got up and quickly dressed in a leather skirt and a blue button down shirt, I grabbed my phone and my bag then made my way out the door. As I made my way down the sidewalk towards the cafe, I turned my phone on; there were two missed calls and a few text messages from Su Min asking where the hell I was, seeing as I was half an hour late. I messaged her letting her know I was on my was, then hit 2 on my speed dial.

"Good afternoon, sorry I had to leave this morning. I had a dance rehearsal I forgot about. How did you sleep?"

"Yeah, fine. Hey, did you turn my phone off?"

"Oh, yeah. I figured seeing as we were up late last night it would be nice for you to sleep in and I didn't want anyone to wake you up," I could hear the smirk in his voice.

"As nice as that thought was, now I'm late for a meeting," I sighed a little grumpy. 

"I didn't know you had a meeting, sorry,"

"I know," I sighed again, it really was a nice thought.

"Is it an important meeting?"

"It's for a school project, but I'm not that late. How's the dance rehearsal?"

"We're basically done, when will you be finished? I'll take you to lunch to apologize,"

"I'm not sure, but I'll be at the cafe bookstore just down the street from my apartment. Come by when you're ready,"

"I'll see you soon then,"

"Bye,"

I slid my phone into my bag as I walked through the cafe doors. It was a nice space, there was a lot of light and a lot of pine. It felt very open which was odd considering the walls were lined with bookshelves that were full of books. The counter was in the back corner looking out over the room scattered with tables and chairs that matched without matching.

Su Min and the others were sitting in the corner of the room opposite the counter. I made my way over and sat next to her placing my bag on the seat between myself and Ha Min. Mostly so he couldn't move into it.

"And where the hell have you been?" Su Min frowned at me, her voice carrying her usual I-don't-care tone.

"My phone was off," I gave her a knowing look.

"Insoo?" she raised an eyebrow.

"He thought it would be nice," I shrugged.

"I hope it was worth it," she smirked.

"It always is," I retorted.

"Can we work now?" Ha Min frowned.

"What did I miss?" I nodded.

"So we have the runway in four weeks. In that time we have to do our planning, preparation, our photo shoots, and promoting. If we want to win, we need to accumulate as much attention as possible, which means we need to get our first photo shoot done as soon as we can. We could do it today but we need to decide on our concepts and then our designer and model need to go and get the outfits," Ho Jun explained.

"So we need to decide on our roles?" I asked.

"We already decided on them," Roo stated.

"So who's doing what?"

"Ho Jun's our photographer," makes scene seeing as he's studying photography.

"Young Pyo is on hair and make up, Roo's going to be the assistant," that also makes sense, Young Pyo was aiming to be a stylist and Roo wasn't exactly the smartest person I knew, but she meant well.

"Ha Min is covering advertising and promoting," he was really good with graphic design and Photoshop.

"And lucky for you, I'm the designer," Su Min finished explaining.

"Lucky for me? Wait, I'm the model?"

"Yup," Su Min nodded smirking.

"What?" I frowned.

"I told you she wouldn't like it," Su Min sat back in her chair.

"You're the prettiest here," Ha Min stated.

"That's true, but I'm still not doing it," I shook my head.

"You have to," Ho Jun frowned.

"No I don't,"

"Yes you do, we already decided," Ha Min stated as if that was going to change my mind.

"I'm not the modeling type, why can't Roo do it? I'll be the assistant," 

"I don't mind," Roo shrugged.

"I'd like that idea," Ha Min changed his tune.

"Hymen, shut up," Su Min rolled her eyes using our nickname for him. Of course we don't usually call him that to his face, though it may have slipped out once or twice.

"And you're too much of control freak to just be an assistant, besides everyone will expect us to use Roo as the model, she's conventionally pretty. We need an edge, something they wont expect and that happens to be you," Su Min tried to reason.

"Exactly, Roo is flowers and frills, where as you're leather and combat boots. We'll be able to pull of different concepts better," Ho Jun tried to help.

"I'm not a model,"

"You're doing it, you have not choice," Su Min stated.

"Why? Why do I have to do it? We have the same style, why don't you do it?" I frowned at her.

"And let one of you dress me? I don't think so," she raised an eyebrow.

"That makes me want to do it," I stated sarcastically.

"I'll make sure you don't wear anything you don't like,"

"I'm not being the model," I shook my head.

"Yes you are,"

"No, I'm not,"

"I'll force dress you if I have to,"

"I'm still not doing it," I stated flatly,

"Not doing what?" Insoo asked appearing behind me, his hand resting on my shoulders.

"Who are you?" Ha Min frowned when Insoo sat down in between us hanging my bag on the back of his chair.

"He's just someone I sleep with," I shrugged nonchalantly.

"I'm Insoo," he stated looking a little hurt by my comment, it was suppose to be a joke.

"What aren't you doing?" he asked.

"She refuses to be our model, I'm Su Min by the way, and that's Roo, Ho Jun, Young Pyo, and next to you is Hymen, I mean Ha Min," Su Min stated, Ha Min rolled his eyes.

"You want her to be a model?" Insoo frowned.

"She refuses to do it," Roo nodded.

"Model for what?"

"Our project, we have to do a few photo shoots, then at the end of the month we're doing a runway show. It's basically a fundraising event but they use it as part of our final score and the winning group gets something, but they wont tell us what," Young Pyo explained calmly.

"You don't think you can do it?" Insoo asked me.

"I could do it if I wanted to,"

"Are you scared you wont be able to do a good job?"

"I know what you're doing, and it's not going to work,"

"If you're scared, you can just say so. Though I don't know why you would be, you have a great figure and amazing legs," he smirked sliding his hand onto my exposed thigh.

"I'm not scared,"

"Then why don't you want to do it?" he asked as he slid his hand higher, further up my thigh. You wouldn't be able to tell he was doing it from his facial expression which was so casual.

"I'm not the modeling type,"

"I think you would make a great model but if you're not confident enough in yourself," he shrugged.

"You can stop at any point," I tapped his man hood so he would let go of my thigh.

"I'm not doing it," I stated sternly.

"If you do it I'll let you take something off the list," he challenged.

"And if I don't?"

"I'll add somethings to it," he smirked.

"I can take anything off the list?" I sighed.

"Anything," he nodded, a smirk spread across his face as he realized he'd won.

"Fine," I sighed again.

"What is this list and where do I get one?" Su Min asked, I couldn't help but laugh.

"I don't think the list is your type of thing," I smirked.

After finally agreeing to be the model, everyone started brainstorming ideas. Ho Jun and Su Min were set on a rocker meets y kind of look, or leather and legs as Hymen had put it. I think he was looking for a reaction out of Insoo. It wasn't the first or most suggestive comment he'd made aimed at me. But Insoo didn't even flinch, at one point he did put his hand back on my thigh which shut Hymen up for a while.

"Okay so, I will go get the wardrobe for the first shoot today, and Ho Jun can book the studio for tomorrow afternoon. Is that okay with everyone?" Su Min asked.

"I can't do tomorrow," I shook my head, I could feel Insoo watching me, or at least I was paranoid he was.

"Why?" she frowned.

"I have an appointment I have to go to,"

"Okay what about Tuesday?"

"I can do Tuesday," I nodded.

"Can we do it Wednesday? I've got my fathers birthday Tuesday," Roo stated.

"Is everyone happy with Wednesday?" she looked around the table, no one objected.

"Okay, so Wednesday we'll meet in the studio at whatever time Ho Jun books it for. Do you have everyone's number?" Su Min turned to Ho Jun who nodded.

"Okay, message everyone when you've booked it,"

"Sure,"

"Does anyone not understand or have any questions?" she asked, everyone shook their heads.

"Then we'll meet Wednesday," she stated collecting her things. Everyone else stood and started to leave, except Young Pyo who waited patiently for Su Min.

"Where are you going?" she asked when Insoo and I went to leave.

"To lunch probably," I shrugged.

"No you're not," she shook her head.

"Yes I am,"

"No, I need you to come shopping with me. I need to make sure everything fits properly,"

"You're the same size as me, you don't need me,"

"I don't have the same figure though,"

"I don't go clothes shopping,"

"If you don't come, I'll buy everything in pink," she threatened.

"It wont fit the concept," I shrugged.

"Like it matters if the photos are in black and white,"

"Let's go, it wont kill you and then we can all have lunch together," Insoo encouraged.

"Okay," I sighed.

"Do you need me to come?" Young Pyo asked casually. He wouldn't mind either way.

"Yes, I need you to help me see the whole outfit properly," 

"That makes no sense," I frowned at her.

"If he's there I can see the final product, hair and make up,"

"You can just admit you want him there,"

"Okay, I want him there," she smiled at him.

"You're so co-dependent,"

"I'm okay with it," she shrugged linking arms with Young Pyo.

We decided to walk, the shopping mall wasn't too far and it was a nice day. Su Min and Young Pyo walked a few feet ahead of us discussing ideas still linking arms. I swear he was the only person she was consistently nice to, she wasn't even nice to her mother this often. They were a strange match, she was loud and mean where as he was quiet and, on a daily basis, apologizing for her mean comments.

"He doesn't talk much huh?" Insoo nodded towards Young Pyo who was listening to whatever she was rambling about.

"He's use to letting Su Min do all the talking," I shrugged.

"They've been together for a while then?"

"Since like the second day of high school," I nodded.

"They've been engaged for almost three years, and they've been living together for just as long," I explained.

"That's sweet," he nodded.

"Yeah," I shrugged.

"So, Hymen, or Ha Min," he tried to be casual, he wasn't.

"His name is Ha Min, we kind of just call him Hymen,"

"Did you two have a thing or something?"

"Oh god no, not that he would mind if we did. But we have never and will never have a thing," I shook my head.

"Oh no I you, I have no reason not to, he just didn't seem to like me being there," a pang of guilt hit me. I still haven't told him I'm pregnant.

To be fair I hadn't told anyone, and I'd only known myself for just over a week, maybe a week and a half. I was still trying to come to terms with it myself and the doctor still wanted to see me again about the irregularity or abnormality, which is why I couldn't do the photo shoot tomorrow, I'll tell him...soon.

"Just ignore him, he's probably still pissy because I'm not interested in him," I shrugged.

"Okay," his fingers intertwined with mine.

***

We wondered through the clothing store, Su Min and Young Pyo were moving from rack to rack talking among themselves and pulling things out.

"Jiyeon, changing room," Su Min called making her way there.

I let go of Insoo's hand which I was still holding onto and followed her. She handed me the first outfit.

"So, what is this list that has so much power over you?" she gestured for me to change.

"It's a list of placed Insoo wants to have , it's kind of his wish list," I shrugged getting changed.

"You guys have a literal to do list?" she smirked.

"He likes to do it in weird placed," I shrugged again.

"And you agree to it?"

"It's fun, not that I'd tell him that,"

"So how do you decide which placed and when?"

"We play stupid little games, if he wins I take something off the list, if he wins he picks a place," I explained buttoning the shirt up.

"What do you think?" I asked once I was fully dressed.

"One second," she left the dressing room, I assumed she was getting something she'd forgotten. I looked down at the over-sized button up shirt tucked into tight black pants and wondered what she'd wanted to add.

"Okay, come out," she called, oh, I sighed and left the small cubical.

"Wow," Insoo nodded - I withheld a smile.

"You like it?" Su Min asked.

"I kind of want to see you in my tie," Insoo smirked,

"Sorry," he clear his throat.

"No, that's a good idea," Su Min nodded, I guarantee her version of the idea contained more clothes than his did.

***

After Su Min was content with the outfit choices, and not just for the first shoot. No, she decided to get the outfits for both photo shoots and the base outfits for the runway because she didn't want to have to 'drag me out again' as she put it. Anyway, once we were done shopping, we went to small restaurant for lunch.

"So how did you two meet?" Young Pyo asked casually while we waited to be served.

"In a bar," Insoo nodded.

"Mainly in the bathroom," I added.

"That doesn't surprise me," Su Min smirked.

The waiter came to take out order, we sat and just made conversation while we waited for our food. I came to the realization while Su Min was questioning Insoo that we'd somehow ended up on a double date and it wasn't so terrible. It was actually nice to be out with Su Min and Young Pyo without feeling like a third wheel.