Chapter Twenty Eight

Day By Day {MYNAME}

JIYEON

I walked into the overly white lobby, a girl about my age was sitting behind the desk which was placed at the back of the room. She smiled up at me when I reached the desk and gave me a hand gesture to wait while she finished her phone call.

"Good morning, I'm sorry about that, thank you for waiting. How may I help you?"

"I have an appointment with Alexander at 11,"

"What was the name?"

"Lee Jiyeon,"

"Okay, just wait here for a moment and I'll let him know you're here," she stated picking the phone back up and dialing a number.

"Hello, I have a Lee Jiyeon to see you. Okay, no problem I'll send her right up,"

"Okay, follow this hallway down to the elevators and press 4, turn right and he's in the third door on your left," she gave directions.

"Thank you," I nodded following her directions.

When the doors opened on the forth floor he was leaning against the wall in front of me. He'd dressed up today; blue denim jeans, plan black shirt, brown leather jacket, brown leather shoes, and sunglasses. Really? Sunglasses?

"Good Morning," he smiled kicking off the wall.

"Hey," I nodded.

"What no sass today?" he smirked, I just stared at him.

"So, do you want the tour before we get into the business side of things?" he pulled his glasses off sliding them into his pocket.

"Who said I was here to stay?" I frowned.

"Why else would you have come all the way down here?" he challenged.

"To see your face when I said no?" I raised an eyebrow.

"There's the sass, so should I show you the way out then?" he asked.

"Boring stuff first," I sighed.

"Okay, let's go through to the office," he nodded guesturing for me to follow.

"So was it too bright inside? Or did you think they'd make you look cool?" I questioned

"What?" he asked as he continued through the floor.

"Your sunglasses,"

"Oh," he laughed,

"I only just got here," he shrugged.

"Seriously?" I frowned.

"Yeah, I'm not normally late I was waiting for my brother to pick me up,"

"Here we are," he opened a door into a small room with a desk and bookshelf.

I walked in and took a seat on the opposite side to him. He pulled out a stack of papers and ordered them in front of himself, the stack was spilt into sub-stacks that had different colored tabs.

"Okay, late it out Xander,"

"Xander?" he raised an eyebrow.

"Yep,"

"Is Alexander too hard to say?"

"I can call you Princess Peach if you prefer," I smirked.

"Or Alexander,"

"Or sparkles, I can do this all day," I shrugged.

"Okay," he laughed,

"Bottom line, this is your contract. I know looking at it it seems like a lot but it's broken down into different parts. Really it's for us to cover all our bases and to keep everything even and both parties happy. The contract itself is only for three months, if all goes well we'll resign and that will be for two years. Now these cover financial responsibility, basically stipulating that we will cover the expenses of travel and such. Also if the companies that you're working for wish to gift  you with products they are yours to keep without charge. Now the way we do it is a little different to most companies where you don't start getting paid until you start bringing in money, here you will have a retainer until you start bringing in money regularly,"

He continued explaining the details of the contract and nothing he said raised any red flags and it all seemed fair.

"Now as for the type of advertisements and campaigns that you'll be in, we will recommend what we think you'll be good for once we've done the sample shots, but at the end of the day it will be open for discussion. If you're not comfortable with it then we wont force you to do it, this discussion will be had with your manager,"

"Okay, so where do I sign?"

"You're happy with the contract?" he asked.

"If I wasn't I wouldn't offer to sign,"

"Before you sign we have a sample shoot, it's like a try before you buy type thing,"

"Do I have to do it?"

"Yes, it's only a formality, nothing to worry about. It just gives us a rough idea of what skills you have and what you need to work on so we can help you progress. It also gives you and idea of what you can expect, this way if you don't like it you're not already under contract,"

"Oh, okay," I nodded.

"So we'll go on a little trip to the stylist's floor and get you dressed, then take you through to the studio where they should already be set up for you,"

"What would you have done if I'd actually come to say no?"

"We make it a point to make it impossible for the people we want to say no," he smirked.

"Right,"
 

***
 

"You're a little stiff, you need to loosen up a little," the photographer tried to direct me, I really just wanted to crawl into bed and go to sleep, my period cramps were stating to get more severe, my painkillers were in my bag on the other side of the room but I hadn't had the chance to move.

"Are you okay?" Xander made his way over to me.

"I just need to get something from my bag,"

"Can it wait?"

"It will take less than a minute,"

"Okay, go on," he nodded.

"Where's she going?"

"She just needs a second,"

"Okay," the photographer nodded, Xander followed me.

"You're in school right?"

"Yeah," I pulled the box of painkillers from my bag.

"Just do what you normally do when you study,  as though you're studying and someone has come to talk to you, it's that easy,"

"Kay," I nodded.

"What are you taking?"

"Painkillers and believe me I wouldn't be taking them if I didn't need them," I felt the need to defend myself.

"What are they for?"

"Do really want me to tell you?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Ah, no,"

"Let's finish this then," I stated after swallowing the two pills.

Photoshoot

INSOO

"Why are you so grumpy? Maybe you should call Jiyeon and get yourself some," Seyong joked, I just glared at him.

"You're not getting laid?" he frowned, I didn't bother answering him.

"When was the last time you guys had ?"

"Almost a month ago," I finally sighed.

"A month? What did you do?"

"I have no idea, nothing," I shrugged.

"You have to of done something,"

"She was studying then she went through all that crap with Hymen, and now she's out of service for a week,"

"Out of service? You know she'd hit you for saying that," he raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah,"

"At least then you'd be getting some action," he smirked.

"I think she's avoiding it,"

"Are you bad at it?" he smirked.

"I'm sorry I couldn't help it," he laughed when I rolled my eyes.

"Maybe you should talk to her about it," he suggested.

"Yeah, maybe,"

JIYEON

"So do you still want to sign?" Xander asked raising an eyebrow after the photographer called it a day.

"Where's the pen?"

"Right this way,"

"Can I get changed first?"

"Sure, I'll be waiting here,"

"Okay,"

I made my way back to the changing room which was on the other side of this floor. There was basically no one in there, just two stylists chatting away on the other side of the room. I took my clothes from the locker along the side wall and got changed in one of the changing rooms.

"Oh, sorry," A tall girl with autumn red hair apologized when we almost ran into each other.

"It's fine,"

"You're new?"

"Almost," I nodded.

"Almost?"

"I'm on my way to sign a contract now,"

"Oh, sample shoot? Were you nervious?"

"Ah, I guess," I shrugged.

"I was too, I'm Solji by the way,"

"Jiyeon,"

"I'll see you around, and sorry again for almost hitting you," she smiled making her way into one of the rooms.

True to his word, Xander was waiting for me. He lead me back through the building and into the office where my contract was waiting for me.

"Do you want to go back through it again?" Xander asked once we were seated.

"No, it seems pretty clear to me,"

"Do you have any questions?"

"When do I meet my manager?"

"Oh right, I'll be managing you," he stated simply, I was actually kind of happy about that, it meant I didn't have to get to know someone new. Not that I knew Xander but he seemed like he was pretty laid back and easy to talk to, I mean he's already dealt with me ridiculing him.

"So where do I sign?"

He handed me a pen and pointed out when to sign, date and put initials, less than a minute later I was officially under contract as a model; I felt pretty good about it too. I'd have to find a way to thank Ho Jun.

"Welcome to E.X.I.D,"

"What now?"

"That's pretty much it for the day," he shrugged.

"We'll get you in for an I.D photo so we can get your card made up then you're free to go home while we get you booked for advertising campaigns and stuff, just keep your phone on you and I'll keep you updated so that there is no last minute surprises,"

There was a knock at the door, then a guy with similar features to Xander poked his head in, his long hair had been pulled back into a pony tail, it wasn't too long maybe shoulder length.

"Sorry to interrupt, dad wants to see you," he smiled.

"Okay no problem, can you do me a favor and take Jiyeon here down to get her I.D card photo and fill out the last few documents,"

"What documents?" I frowned.

"Personal information, stuff like contact information, bank details, and medical issues we should know about, I.D so we know you're you. Just routine stuff,"

"Okay,"

"Jiyeon, this is Yoshi and vise versa. Watch this one she's a little sassy," Xander introduced before leaving.

"Follow me," he smirked

I quietly followed behind him, the silence was a little awkward. We stood in the elevator and just as the doors were about to close someone called Yoshi's name and he held the door until the girl of almost run into earlier joined us.

"Where have you been?" she frowned at him.

"I had to go see the CEO. I just have to take Jiyeon here to fill out some forms and get her I.D photo and then we can go.

"From earlier?" she smiled when she noticed I was there

"Yeah,"

"Sorry about that again, I was too busy texting when I should have been looking where I was going,"

"I wasn't paying attention either," I shrugged.

"It shouldn't take too long right?" she asked Yoshi.

"No, why are you so stressed? You don't have schedule,"

"Not a work one," she muttered.

"What? Did you finally get out and meet a guy?"

"This coming from a guy who started dating the girl he was managing,"

"You two dated?" I frowned.

"Oh god no," Solji shook her head.

"Ouch," Yoshi frowned.

"The last girl he managed, they've been dating over a year now. They stopped working together once they got serious because it's unprofessional, and that was the condition his dad stipulated on them staying together,"

"Yeah now I get to deal with you,"

"So who's your manager?"

"Xander,"

"Alexander?"

"Mmm,"

"Looks like well be seeing a lot of each other,"

Solji continued to attempt to make a conversation with me but honestly I didn't really feel much like conversing. I was tired and I really wanted to just go laid down with Insoo and watch mind numbing T.V. I text him telling him I was almost done and he'd insisted on picking me up which I was thankful for.

He was leaning against the car waiting for me as I left the building, he smiled and hugged me when I reached him. Any other day I would have made a comment but I really couldn't be bothered fighting it today, and he was warm and smelt good.

"Where to my dear?" he asked pulling away and opening the door for me.

"Sometimes I want to punch you," I frowned at him,

"You don't like dear?" I just gave him a look getting in the car. It was actually because he had stopped hugging me, but I wasn't going to tell him that.

"Apartment or dorm? Unless you feel like going out to lunch?"

"Dorm,"

"It's going to be a little noisy there, we had a break day,"

"That's okay, if I go to my apartment I have to do some shopping and then cook, I don't want to," 

"Okay, dorm it is," he nodded.

"Is Eunji there?"

"She wasn't when I left, she'd gone out with Zelo and Ricky I think,"

"How's Seyong doing?"

"Better, still pouty and I think he's jealous of Zelo,"

"Really?" I couldn't help but smirk.

"Yeah,"

"He's the last person Seyong needs to be jealous of, the chances of her and Zelo getting together are the same as her and Gunwoo getting together. She sees him as nothing more than a brother,"

"I've never actually seen him jealous because over a girl,"

"So you think he like's Eunji?"

"No, I know he like's Eunji, it's just a case of whether he knows it or not,"

We talked the entire way back to the dorm, mostly about Seyong and Eunji. Until he changed the subject and asked me how it went today.

Eunji and Zelo were out the front when we pulled into the driveway, she was on his skate board, holding his hands while he helped her keep her balance, slowly walking up and down the street. They were joking and laughing together, she smiled and waved when she saw me almost loosing her balance, Zelo caught her waist before she lost balance completely.

"Would you be careful," I waved back as we made our way into the house.

"Yes mum," she called as I closed the front door behind me.

Seyong was sitting in the lounge room frowning at a black screen.

"Is the T.V broken?" Insoo asked.

"What? No," he sighed at his friend.

"Your mood wouldn't have anything to do with Eunji on a skate board outside would it?" Insoo asked.

"Why would it?"

"What about the guy helping her skate?" he smirked.

"Shut up Insoo," Seyong muttered turning the T.V on.

I'm not sure how I felt about him and Eunji.

SEYONG

Yes, yes I was in a bad mood, and yes because she was out there with him. She'd been gone since before I woke up and they got here maybe twenty minutes ago. Now he's teaching her to skate, what if she got hurt? It's not like he's going to stay here and look after her, and she has her showcase soon, what if she can't do it because she got hurt? Why does he keep showing up?

JIYEON

I woke up in bed, I swear I'd fallen asleep on the lounge. I guess Insoo moved me. I yawned getting up checking the time, I'd figured I'd sleep through the night, at least that what I felt like but I'd only been asleep two hours tops. I felt better, I wasn't actually in pain, I was hungry though. I made my way down stairs. JunQ and Chaejin were messing around in the dinning room, I guess they were suppose to be setting the table, Eunji was in the kitchen cooking dinner, Seyong was sitting at the bench watching her, or I guess he was supposed to be talking to her. Insoo was in the lounge room on his own watching T.V, I sat on the lounge next to him leaning my head on his shoulder.

"Did you enjoy your nap?"

"Mmm, where's Gunwoo?" I mumbled.

"He went out to dinner with someone,"

"Oh," I nodded.

He'd been gone a lot recently, aside from the fact he was practicing so much. When they had time off or a break day he would go out with friends or something. I guess it wasn't all that strange for him to go out when he had time.

"So are you happy you signed the contract?" he wrapped his arm around me.

"I think so,"

"What if they make you make out with a female model?"

"The company doesn't work for your fantasies," I yawned again.

"But if you do I get a copy right?"

"Are you sure you're even straight?"

"What?"

"Am I just your beard? I mean you did sleep with your friend,"

"You told her about our gay thing?" Seyong frowned looking mortified.

"You slept with Seyong?" I shot up frowning at him.

"No Seyong, I didn't tell her," Insoo closed his eyes letting his head drop back onto the lounge.

"You slept with Seyong?" I repeated as I started to laugh.

"I was kidding," Seyong cleared his throat retreating from the room.

"Seriously?" I raised and eyebrow.

"It was like one time," he didn't move from his position.

"I knew you two were close, but really?" I laughed.

"Shut up," he mumbled.