Chapter 8

After a Minute

          The next day after school, Kyuhyun and Sungmin were behind a tree kissing one another; Kyuhyun was about to pull Sungmin closer when they heard voices call “Hey Kyuhyun!”

          The dark haired boy turned quickly and saw his other friends, Shindong and Henry, approach them. “Oh ,” Kyuhyun muttered before turned back to Sungmin and quickly asking “Please go along with what I’m about to do.”

          “Hey man, what are you doing?” Henry asked.

          “Just making sure this loser knows his place,” Kyuhyun replied as he placed his hand in the center of Sungmin’s chest and pushed him back against the tree. “Now I’m not gonna warn you again you little blonde prick, if you look at me again in class, I’ll beat the out of you,” he threatened.

          Kyuhyun’s fears came to life when he saw Sungmin begin to cry. “Ha, look, he’s not even man enough to take your words Kyuhyun,” Shindong said as he and Henry laughed at Sungmin.

          “I’ll come over and explain later,” Kyuhyun quietly promised as he quickly wiped the tears away. He stepped back and added loudly “Now get out of here you little freak.”

          “Good job Kyuhyun, make him run home to his mommy,” Henry spat at Sungmin as the blonde hurried to find his brothers.

          “Hey,” Kyuhyun stated as he pushed both of his friends. “Here’s the rule, you two are to keep away from him. He’s my catch and if I see you guys pick on him without me around, I’ll kick both your asses.”

          “Okay man, that’s cool, we’ll keep away from your blonde ,” Henry agreed.

          Kyuhyun grabbed the front of Henry’s shirt. “Don’t call him that,” he muttered.

          “Dude, Kyuhyun chill man,” Shindong said.

          “Stay away from him,” Kyuhyun demanded with a narrowed gaze.

          The dark haired boy released Henry and casually walked away. “Geez, what’s up with Kyuhyun today?” Henry asked as he smoothed his shirt back out.

          “I don’t know, maybe he’s just having a bad day,” Shindong suggested.

          “I’ve never seen him get so wired up over one of his victims before,” Henry added.

          “I know, it’s strange, but I mean Kyuhyun will deal with it how he wants,” Shindong reminded.

          Kyuhyun caught a taxi and took it to Sungmin’s house. He hurried up to the door and knocked. Heechul answered and asked “What the Hell do you want?”

          “Where’s Sungmin?” Kyuhyun wondered.

          “He’s in his room crying. What the did you do to him?” Heechul demanded.

          “Just let me talk to him,” Kyuhyun pleaded.

          Heechul hesitantly let him inside, but grabbed Kyuhyun’s arm and muttered “If you hurt him even more, I’ll personally kick your .”

          Kyuhyun walked upstairs and knocked on Sungmin’s bedroom door. He went inside slowly and saw the blonde laying on his bed, letting tears fall from his eyes and onto the pillow. Kyuhyun sat down next to him and gently touched his hair. “Sungmin,” he whispered.

          “Why did you yell at me?” Sungmin asked. “I thought you liked me.”

          “I do like you,” Kyuhyun promised. “There’s just a certain image I have to keep up in front of people. I don’t mean any of the things I said to you in front of the guys.”

          “You don’t want people to know I’m your boyfriend?” Sungmin wondered as more tears fell from his eyes.

          Kyuhyun lay down next to Sungmin and began to his blonde hair. “Sungmin, I’m not embarrassed of you, it’s just that if people know that I’m in a relationship with you, they could try to hurt you. I’ve got friends that are not afraid to harm you, and I don’t want to risk that happening,” he whispered before kissing his lips gently. Kyuhyun felt Sungmin shake and hold onto him. “I don’t want anything to happen to you Minnie, I want to protect you, but to do that, we have to put on a show for the others.”

          “So you have to pretend to hate me?” Sungmin asked.

          “Only around the guys, when we’re out of school, we won’t have to pretend,” Kyuhyun promised.

          Sungmin looked up at Kyuhyun and muttered “Okay, just please don’t be too mean.”

          “I won’t, and I’m sorry about earlier,” Kyuhyun apologized as he kissed Sungmin again and wiped the tears off his cheeks while the two continued to lay there in one another’s arms.

          “Leeteuk, don’t forget, Ryeowook is coming over tonight, and we’re gonna study,” Yesung reminded as he sat down at the table in the kitchen.

          “Okay that’s fine, what are you boys studying?” Leeteuk wondered.

          “Math, for a test next week,” Yesung replied.

          “Alright, Donghae, do you have any plans for tonight?” Leeteuk asked as his other son walked in.

          “Eunhyuk asked me to come over and hang out for a little bit, is that okay?” Donghae requested.

          “Yeah that’s fine, just please be home by eleven since it’s a school night,” Leeteuk stated.

          “Okay,” Donghae agreed as he got himself something to drink.

          Later, as Donghae was walking out to meet Eunhyuk down by the curb, a car pulled up and dropped off Ryeowook. “Bye mom, see you later,” he called as he waved to the car.

          “Hey Ryeowook,” Donghae said.

          “Hi Donghae, what are you doing outside?” the brunette asked.

          “I’m waiting for Eunhyuk; we’re gonna hang out,” Donghae informed. “Oh, here he comes.” Eunhyuk rolled up on his motorcycle, and Donghae got on before turning back to Ryeowook. “Yesung’s inside waiting for you.”

          “Okay, well have fun Donghae,” Ryeowook said before watching Donghae leave with Eunhyuk, and then walked inside the house.

          “Hey,” Yesung greeted as he came downstairs.

          “Hi,” Ryeowook replied with a smile. “Are you ready to start studying?”

          “Not just yet,” Yesung responded.

          “What did you want to do first?” Ryeowook questioned.

          “Come with me,” Yesung requested with a grin as he took Ryeowook’s wrist and led him into the kitchen. “I made you something to eat.”

          “You cooked for me?” Ryeowook asked with a surprised tone as he looked and saw the meal prepared on the table.

          “Yeah, I thought I would do something nice for you,” Yesung replied. Ryeowook covered his mouth and started to quietly cry. “What’s the matter?”

          “No one has ever done something this nice for me before,” Ryeowook cried.

          Yesung hugged the emotional teen and said “Well there’s a first time for everything.” The two walked over and sat down to eat. “Hope you like spaghetti.”

          “Yeah I do,” Ryeowook agreed. As the two ate, they didn’t seem to notice that one extra-long noodle had made its way onto both plates. Yesung and Ryeowook tried to slurp up the same noodle, but ended up meeting each other’s lips accidentally. The two froze as they realized they were kissing. Yesung pulled away slowly as Ryeowook sat there horrified at what he had done. “Oh my God, I’m so sorry; I didn’t mean to do that. I’ll leave now,” he apologized as he started to stand up.

          Yesung gently grabbed Ryeowook’s hand. “No, you don’t have to leave. I don’t mind that it happened,” he revealed.

          “You don’t?” Ryeowook asked as he sat back down.

          “No, I think you’re really cute,” Yesung admitted.

          Ryeowook blushed as he said quietly “Thanks, I think you’re attractive too.”

          Yesung grinned as he ran his fingers down Ryeowook’s face. He leaned forward and placed another kiss on the brunette’s lips. “I didn’t know you liked guys,” Ryeowook whispered.

          “I don’t like boys, I like you and only you,” Yesung muttered. This time Ryeowook leaned forward, grabbed Yesung’s shoulders, and kissed him again.

          Meanwhile upstairs, Kyuhyun was still holding Sungmin in his arms, even though the blonde had fallen asleep an hour earlier. He Sungmin’s hair and kissed the top of his head. “You’re my sweet angel Minnie, and I promise no one will ever hurt you,” Kyuhyun whispered. Sungmin moaned as he stretched and buried his face in Kyuhyun’s chest as the dark haired teenager ran a hand up his back. Sungmin opened his eyes slowly and interlaced his hand with Kyuhyun’s. “I gotta go home now, but I’ll see you at school tomorrow, and remember, it’s all an act for other people,” Kyuhyun reminded as he moved to stand up.

          Sungmin kept his arms wrapped around Kyuhyun’s waist. “Don’t leave me,” he pleaded.

          Kyuhyun gently kissed Sungmin one last time before whispering “Go to sleep Minnie, you’ll see me again when you wake up.” The blonde listened to Kyuhyun and fell back to sleep as Kyuhyun left the house.

          Heechul lie on his bed, staring at the ceiling and listening to his music. His phone vibrated, showing him that he’d received a text from Hankyung.

          Hankyung: Hey

          Heechul: Hey

          Hankyung: Listen, tomorrow I’m thinking about going to the movies, you wanna come with me?

          Heechul: I guess

          Hankyung: Great, Eunhyuk and Donghae are gonna join us if that’s okay

          Heechul: Yeah that’s cool

          Hankyung: You okay? You seem upset..

          Heechul: I’m fine, just sleepy

          Hankyung: You know you can trust me Heechul

          Heechul: I know, but I’m still hesitant to fully trust you. It’s nothing bad you did, I’m just that way with everyone

          Hankyung: I understand, but why don’t you trust people? Did something happen to you

          Heechul: Hankyung, I really don’t wanna talk about that right now, but just know that I’m trying really hard to get close to you, but on my own terms

          Hankyung: Okay, I won’t pressure you into doing what you’re not ready for

          Heechul: Thanks man, that means a lot to me

          Hankyung: No problem, well I guess I’ll see you at school tomorrow

          Heechul: Okay

          Hankyung: Night Heechul

          Heechul: Night Hankyung