Chapter 35

After a Minute

          A few days later, while Donghae sat in class writing notes and listening to the lecture, he didn’t notice that behind him, Kibum was secretly writing notes of his own, only these were notes strictly about Donghae’s height, weight, eye color, hair color, what hand he wrote with, his body posture, everything about Donghae, Kibum carefully documented.

          As the bell rang, Kibum quickly closed his notebook as Donghae approached him. “Hey Kibum,” the brunette said.

          “Hi Donghae,” Kibum replied. “How are you?”

          “Pretty good, how about yourself?” Donghae wondered.

          “Not bad, listen I was wondering if you could possibly tell me a little about your boyfriend,” Kibum explained.

          “What do you wanna know about Eunhyuk for?” Donghae questioned.

          “He seems interesting and I’d like to get to know him better,” Kibum lied.

          “Oh, well why don’t you come have lunch with us; you can ask him all the questions you want,” Donghae offered.

          “That’d be great,” Kibum accepted as the boys walked towards the cafeteria and sat down at a table with the others.

          “Guys this is Kibum, he’s gonna be eating with us today,” Donghae introduced. “Kibum these are my brothers, Sungmin, Heechul and Yesung, their boyfriends Hankyung and Ryeowook.”

          “Sungmin doesn’t have a boyfriend?” Kibum asked.

          The blonde glared up at the dark haired teen. “Yes Sungmin has a boyfriend but Kyuhyun moved away,” Donghae reminded.

          “Oh yeah, the seat I sit in was his,” Kibum realized.

          “Not yours, it’s Kyuhyun’s,” Sungmin muttered as he held his notebook close to his chest.

          “And this is Eunhyuk, my wonderful boyfriend,” Donghae said before placing a kiss on Eunhyuk’s lips. “Eunhyuk, Kibum here would like to know more about you, he said he’s interested in being friends with you.”

          “Um okay, what do you wanna know?” Eunhyuk asked.

          “Well what are some of your interests, what do you spend most of your time doing when you’re not in school?” Kibum calmly wondered.

          “Before I met everyone, my time revolved around basketball and dance, but mostly now I spend time with Donghae, and usually we spend time either just hanging out or watching his favorite movie,” Eunhyuk informed.

          “What movie is that?” Kibum inquired.

          “Titanic,” Donghae said with a grin.

          “Oh I’ve seen that movie a couple of times,” Kibum admitted.

          “It’s his favorite, and we watch it every Friday night,” Eunhyuk replied as he looked at Donghae and gently touched his thigh as his boyfriend smiled at him.

          “You two seem very happy together,” Kibum noted.

          “Yes, I love him, he’s my world,” Eunhyuk added.

          “I love him too, especially his pretty blonde hair,” Donghae muttered, running a hand through Eunhyuk’s hair. “It’s the first thing I noticed when I saw him.”

          Discreetly, Kibum wrote down this fact in his notebook before turning back to them. “What about you Kibum, what do you like to do?” Eunhyuk wondered.

          “Any and everything, well I’m sorry to cut this time short, but I have to go meet with my cousin and talk about after school things, I’ll see you guys later,” Kibum quickly explained before he stood up and walked away quickly.

          “That was weird,” Heechul said after the dark haired teen left.

          “Yeah, he kinda creeped me out,” Yesung added.

          “Now Yesung, be nice,” Ryeowook gently scolded as he hugged his boyfriend.

          That afternoon, after school, Sungmin curled up in his bed and Skyped Kyuhyun, Heechul and Hankyung lay in the backyard on a blanket enjoying the warm weather while Hankyung played his guitar and Heechul watched the clouds float by, Ryeowook had brought his tea cup Yorkie, who he had named Cinnamon, over and he and Yesung were playing with him in the living room, and Donghae and Eunhyuk were in the kitchen making a snack. “I’m not really sure how I feel about this new guy,” Eunhyuk said as Donghae sat down next to him at the table.

          “What do you mean?” Donghae wondered.

          “I mean don’t you think it’s a little strange that this guy is wanting to know so much about us?” Eunhyuk inquired.

          “True, but I wouldn’t worry about it too much, he may not have a lot of friends and be nervous around us,” Donghae suggested.

          “He seems interested in you, a lot,” Eunhyuk noted quietly before feeling Donghae’s hand through his hair.

          “Eunhyuk don’t worry, I’m not going anywhere. You have nothing to worry about; I love you and only you,” Donghae promised before kissing his boyfriend’s lips.

          Meanwhile, Joo Li entered her cousin’s dark bedroom. “Kibum, what are you doing? You’ve been in here for like six hours, and you missed dinner,” she said.

          “I’m memorizing,” Kibum informed, not taking his eyes off the glowing TV screen.

          “Memorizing what?” Joo Li asked.

          “Titanic, Donghae said it’s his favorite movie, so if I memorize it, we can make conversation based off that,” Kibum explained.

          “Kibum you need to stop obsessing over Donghae, this is the same kind of you’re doing that got you kicked out of the last school you attended,” Joo Li reminded.

          “Don’t worry, I got it under control,” Kibum promised before Joo Li closed the door.

          As soon as she left, Kibum turned the light on and looked at the multiple pictures of Donghae he had tacked up on his walls. Some of the pictures Donghae was alone, and others he was with Eunhyuk. Kibum had photos of Donghae at school, Eunhyuk’s home, out on the street, in the store, in a restaurant, and even a few of him in front of his own home. “I’m not obsessed, I’m addicted to him,” Kibum muttered to himself before his lips.

          He read over his notebook at the details he’d documented about the couple over the past few days. “They’re inseparable just like Joo Li said, but maybe I can fix that,” he said out loud to himself.

          Kibum pulled a box out of his backpack that he’d purchased after school. Going into the bathroom, Kibum locked the door and pulled out a bottle from the box. Following the directions, the Korean teen looked at a picture he had of Donghae and Eunhyuk and began to dye his dark black hair the same blonde that Eunhyuk’s hair was. He remembered Donghae saying that he loved his boyfriend’s beautiful blonde hair, so Kibum took that as an initiative.

          After rinsing the extra dye off when he was done, Kibum looked at his now blonde hair in the mirror. He then took scissors out of the drawer by the sink, and looking at a picture of Eunhyuk, Kibum began to cut and style his hair in the way Eunhyuk’s was. He positioned his bangs perfectly, trimmed his hair accurately, and straightened it with Joo Li’s hair straightener to finish the job.

          Kibum looked in the mirror and then at the picture of Eunhyuk. “Perfect,” he whispered to himself. “Donghae’s going to love this.”

          There was a knock on the bathroom door. “Kibum, you okay in there?” Joo Li asked.

          Opening the door, the girl dropped her jaw when she saw her cousin’s new look. “What do you think?” he asked.

          “You’re really starting to freak me out Kibum, what are you trying to do?” Joo Li wondered.

          She watched Kibum smile, take a Sharpie, and cross out Eunhyuk’s face on one of the pictures of him and Donghae, and heard Kibum state “I’m going to become Eunhyuk.”