Chapter 62

After a Minute

          A few days later, Leeteuk came home one afternoon carrying in groceries he’d bought at the store. “Boys, will you come down here and help me get the rest of the groceries carried in,” Leeteuk called upstairs.

          Moments later, all of the boys rushed downstairs and out to Leeteuk’s car, where they retrieved the rest of the groceries for the brunette parent. “What’s with all this; you bought candles and wine, the good kind too,” Kyuhyun noticed.

          “Yeah, what’s the occasion?” Donghae wondered as he set the brown paper sacks down on the counter.

          “Well tomorrow is me and Kangin’s anniversary and I’m going to make him a very special dinner,” Leeteuk informed as a grin grew across his lips. “I want to spend the whole day with him tomorrow, sleeping in, making breakfast for him, then doing whatever we want.”

          “Aww, that’s so sweet of you to do Leeteuk,” Ryeowook said as he and Sungmin began to help Leeteuk put up all the groceries.

          “Well my husband deserves the best,” Leeteuk replied. “Now keep this on the down low, I want it to be a nice surprise for him.”

          “Don’t worry Leeteuk, we won’t say anything,” Heechul promised.

          Later that evening while the boys were upstairs in their rooms, Leeteuk and Kangin were downstairs relaxing on the couch. “Honey, what are your plans for tomorrow?” Leeteuk wondered as Kangin rubbed his feet for him.

          “Well, I was planning on taking the boys out tomorrow, spending time with them,” Kangin stated.

          Leeteuk frowned over at his husband. “Kangin, don’t you remember what tomorrow is?” he questioned.

          “Of course I do baby,” Kangin responded.

          “Then how could you even think about going out, you know how important tomorrow is,” Leeteuk reminded.

          Kangin smirked as he continued to rub his spouse’s feet. “Don’t worry Leeteuk, I’ll make sure that you have the best birthday tomorrow,” Kangin said, standing up and kissing the top of Leeteuk’s head before heading upstairs.

          Leeteuk dropped his jaw slightly at Kangin’s words; tomorrow wasn’t his birthday, how could Kangin forget their anniversary? It marked one of the most special days in both of their lives, and Kangin had just seemed to blow it off like it was nothing to him. “I can’t believe he forgot our anniversary,” Leeteuk muttered as he crossed his arms and looked down at his lap.

          Meanwhile upstairs, Kangin quietly called all of the boys into his and Leeteuk’s bedroom. “Kyuhyun will you close the door please?” Kangin requested. After Kyuhyun closed the bedroom door, Kangin said “Okay boys, so tomorrow is Leeteuk and I’s anniversary.”

          “Yeah we know, Leeteuk told us earlier,” Yesung informed.

          “Well I need Donghae, Eunhyuk, Yesung, Kyuhyun, and Hankyung to come with me tomorrow while I get Leeteuk’s present, and Ryeowook, Heechul, and Sungmin to stay here and keep him distracted so that he won’t worry,” Kangin explained.

          “Okay we can do that,” Sungmin confirmed as Ryeowook nodded in agreement.

          “I even acted like I forgot about our anniversary so that he won’t guess what I’m getting him,” Kangin said with a grin.

          “What are you getting him Kangin?” Kyuhyun asked.

          “If I show you guys, do you promise to keep it a secret until tomorrow evening?” Kangin inquired. After all of the boys nodded, Kangin reached into his pocket and pulled out a piece of paper, unfolding it, revealing a design. “I’m gonna to get this tattooed on my body to show Leeteuk just what he means to me.”

          “Oh my god that’s so cute,” Ryeowook replied as he and Sungmin looked at the tattoo design.

          “Yeah, Leeteuk’s gonna love it,” Sungmin agreed.

          “Great, thanks guys, we’re leaving in the morning at around ten so be ready to go,” Kangin requested, ushering the boys out of the bedroom. “See you boys in the morning.” Kangin folded up the piece of paper and placed it back into his jeans’ pocket before getting ready for bed. After taking off his pants and shirt, and slipping on a white tank top, Kangin climbed into bed before reaching for a magazine to read. A few minutes later, Leeteuk walked in with his arms still crossed. “Hey babe, what’s wrong?”

          “Oh nothing,” Leeteuk mumbled as he undressed and got ready for bed as well while Kangin turned back to his magazine. The brunette climbed into bed next to his spouse and looked over at him as he let a silent moment pass between them before smiling and snuggling up next to Kangin, leaning his head against his husband’s shoulder and slowly running his hand up and down Kangin’s chest. “You know it’s early, we could play around a little,” Leeteuk seductively whispered as he started to kiss behind Kangin’s ear.

          The dark haired Korean shuddered at his husband’s touch. As much as he wanted to take Leeteuk right then and there, Kangin also wanted to save it for tomorrow night, so it would be extra special for their anniversary; plus with the new tattoo he was getting, Kangin knew Leeteuk would practically want to spend all night making love. “Baby not tonight, I’m really tired,” Kangin slowly responded, gently pushing Leeteuk away and picking his magazine back up.

          Leeteuk grinned before agreeing “You’re right honey, we’ll wait til tomorrow since it’s a special occasion anyways.” He leaned over and kissed Kangin’s cheek. “Good night, love you.”

          “Night baby, love you too,” Kangin echoed as Leeteuk laid down facing away from him. Quietly, Leeteuk sighed. He couldn’t believe that Kangin not only forgot that their anniversary was tomorrow, but now was turning down , which usually only happened when one of them was sick. Leeteuk buried himself deep in the comforter and fell asleep while Kangin continued to read. After making sure that Leeteuk was in a deep sleep, Kangin leaned over and kissed his spouse on the cheek before whispering “Just you wait Leeteuk, tomorrow I got something really special in store for you.”

          The next morning, Leeteuk opened his eyes and groaned quietly, unraveling himself from underneath the comforter. Turning over, he found Kangin was already up and out of bed. “Kangin?” Leeteuk called, wondering if his husband was nearby.

          The door to the bedroom opened up and in came Kangin, carrying a coffee mug. “Hey baby, glad to see you’re awake,” Kangin said as he walked over to Leeteuk and handed his partner the coffee cup before kissing his head. “I made you some tea just how you like it.”

          “Thank you sweetie,” Leeteuk responded before taking a sip. “Come get back in bed with me, I want us to spend a few hours lying in bed together.”

          “Oh Leeteuk, we do that every night, I have to go get ready anyways,” Kangin said as he stood up and stepped over to their closet.

          “What, what are you talking about?” Leeteuk questioned, sitting up straighter.

          “I told you I’m taking some of the boys out today for a bit,” Kangin reminded as he changed.

          “But, I wanted us to spend the day together,” Leeteuk informed.

          “Baby, we spend every weekend together, today I want you to just relax and do whatever you want. Now Ryeowook, Heechul, and Sungmin will be here if you need anything, but I’m taking the rest of the boys out,” Kangin quickly stated. He kissed Leeteuk on the lips before rushing out, adding “See you tonight babe.”

          Leeteuk sighed and looked down at his cup, muttering “How could you forget our anniversary?”

          Downstairs, Kangin greeted the boys. “You guys ready to go?” Kangin asked.

          “Yeah, let’s go,” Donghae agreed.

          “Okay, remember, Ryeowook, Heechul, and Sungmin you two keep Leeteuk busy until we get back this evening okay?” Kangin requested.

          “We’re on it,” Ryeowook agreed.

          “Great thanks, I’ll have Kyuhyun text you Sungmin when we’re on our way home,” Kangin informed. “Alright c’mon boys, let’s go get this thing done.”

          A few minutes later, the group pulled up to a tattoo parlor and climbed out of the car. “You nervous?” Hankyung wondered as they walked to the door.

          “A little, I mean this is my first tattoo, but it’s gonna be totally worth it,” Kangin said. Once they were inside and Kangin was given a tattoo artist, the dark brunette Korean pulled the paper out of his pocket and stated “I’d like to get this design on my back please.”

          “Alright, this is a lovely choice, is it for your wife?” the tattoo artist inquired.

          “You could say that,” Kangin agreed before removing his shirt and lying down on the chair.

          When the tattoo artist pulled out the needle, Donghae noticed Eunhyuk flinch and swallow roughly. “You okay babe?” Donghae asked, seeing his boyfriend get pale suddenly.

          “Yeah, I just really don’t like needles, never have,” Eunhyuk muttered.

          “Don’t worry, it won’t come anywhere near you,” Donghae promised as Eunhyuk moved closer to him.

          “I’m glad Heechul didn’t come with us, he hates needles too Eunhyuk,” Hankyung added.

          “Alright, let’s get started,” the tattoo artist said as he the electric needle. “Now you may feel a little pressure at first.” Kangin took a deep breath before feeling the needle touch his back.

          Meanwhile, back at the house, Heechul, Ryeowook, and Sungmin quietly knocked on Leeteuk’s bedroom door before walking in. “You okay Leeteuk?” Sungmin whispered.

          “What? Oh yeah I’m fine boys,” Leeteuk mumbled, wiping the corners of his eyes.

          “What’s bothering you Leeteuk?” Ryeowook asked as the boys sat down on the bed next to the brunette parent.

          “Kangin forgot that today was our anniversary. He took the rest of the boys and just left, and he knew that I wanted to spend the day with him. I don’t understand why he’s acting this way; Kangin never forgets anything this important,” Leeteuk said.

          “Don’t worry Leeteuk, I’m sure Kangin didn’t actually forget,” Heechul replied.

          “Yeah, c’mon Leeteuk, we’ll help you get things ready for tonight,” Sungmin encouraged.

          “Okay,” Leeteuk agreed as he climbed out of bed and followed the three boys downstairs.

          “So how many years have you and Kangin been married?” Ryeowook wondered as they sat down on the living room couch.

          “Five years,” Leeteuk informed with a smile. He stepped over to the bookshelf and retrieved a photo album. “This is a collection of pictures that was taken on our wedding day. It was one of the happiest days of my life, we both wore white suits and he looked so adorable up there. Poor baby was so nervous and excited that he could barely say his vows without his voice cracking; and of course I was a crying mess because I was so happy and excited,” Leeteuk recalled as he showed the pictures to Heechul, Sungmin, and Ryeowook.

          “You both look beautiful,” Ryeowook complimented.

          “Thank you sweetheart,” Leeteuk replied.

          “There don’t seem to be a lot of people there,” Heechul noticed in a few photos.

          “Yeah, we only had a few people show up; just my grandparents, and Kangin’s parents showed up,” Leeteuk said. “We didn’t want a huge wedding, and since most of my family has already disowned me for being gay, it wasn’t hard to only get a couple of people to come.”

          “What about Kangin’s family?” Sungmin asked.

          “Kangin’s parents are the only living relatives he has left and they moved to North America a few months after we got married. Kangin only really talks to them a couple of times a year, but he doesn’t seem to be bothered by it that much,” Leeteuk explained.

          “So his parents aren’t like your parents?” Heechul inquired.

          “No, no they’re not. I’ve only met them a few times and they’re really nice; the complete opposite of my parents,” Leeteuk remarked. “But Kangin says that we’re the only family he needs. He loves that he can take care of a husband and raise kids with me. Even before we got married, Kangin always talked about becoming a father and having a family; that just seemed to be the cherry on top for me.”

          “Well you two seem very happy together,” Ryeowook complimented.

          “I hope Kyuhyun and I will have a marriage as good as you guys’,” Sungmin responded.

          “Oh sweetie, you will. I see that Kyuhyun really loves you and wants to take care of you, and that’s my best wish for you as a parent; finding someone who will love you as unconditionally as we do,” Leeteuk stated, gently patting Sungmin’s cheek. He closed the photo album and set it down before standing up. “I’m gonna go get dinner started for Kangin. Hopefully they’ll be home soon.” After Leeteuk walked into the kitchen, Ryeowook, Sungmin, and Heechul opened the photo album back up and looked over the pictures of Kangin and Leeteuk’s wedding again.

          After three hours had passed, the tattoo artist announced “Alright sir, I’ve finished.”

          Kangin sat up and asked “Boys how does it look?”

          The Korean teenagers gathered around Kangin and looked at the tattoo that was now permanently etched on his back. “Wow,” Donghae muttered.

          “Dude that is ing awesome,” Eunhyuk added.

          “Yeah, Leeteuk is going to love it,” Hankyung agreed.

          “C’mon, we better hurry and get home. We’ve been gone for almost four hours,” Kangin suggested as he quickly put his shirt back on. He thanked the tattoo artist and paid him before he and the boys walked out to the car.

          Leeteuk sat in the kitchen at the dining table impatiently drumming his fingers against the table. Everything had been perfectly prepared; Leeteuk had made dinner, candles had been lit, wine had been poured; but that all had been done almost an hour ago. Leeteuk drank down another glass of wine, hoping the alcohol would calm his nerves a little. The brunette watched wax begin to slowly drip down the candle and puddle at the bottom of the candle stick holders. “I can’t believe him,” Leeteuk muttered as he rested his head against his hands and took in a shuddering breath.

          Heechul, Ryeowook, and Sungmin looked in on Leeteuk discreetly from the stairwell. “I feel bad for him,” Ryeowook muttered.

          “Me too, but we can’t ruin the surprise that Kangin has in store for him,” Heechul reminded.

          Suddenly, Sungmin felt a vibration against his thigh and pulled out his cell phone. “Guys, Kyuhyun just texted me and said that they’re on their way back,” Sungmin informed.

          “Awesome, should we tell Leeteuk?” Ryeowook wondered.

          “No, we have to let Kangin surprise him,” Heechul replied.

          A few minutes later, the three heard the garage door open. “They’re back, they’re back,” Ryeowook excitedly whispered as he bounced on the stairs.

          Sungmin shushed his friend. “Ryeowook quiet, we don’t want Leeteuk to hear,” Sungmin said.

          Suddenly, the rest of the boys rushed into the house, each quickly saying hi to Leeteuk before joining Sungmin, Heechul, and Ryeowook on the stairs. “We gotta watch this,” Eunhyuk muttered.

          “Yeah this is gonna be good,” Kyuhyun agreed as the eight of them discreetly watched the parents from the stairwell.

          Kangin closed the door to the garage and walked over to Leeteuk. “Hey Leeteuk,” Kangin said quietly. “How’ve you enjoyed a day to yourself?”

          “You are really unbelievable,” Leeteuk stated as he stood up and pushed past his husband.

          “What’s wrong, why are you upset?” Kangin asked.

          “Really, you really wanna know why I’m upset? Oh let’s see; first of all, when I tell you I want to spend the day with you, you just abandon me and take the boys out for almost the entire day, you thought today was my birthday when it’s a while away, and lastly,” Leeteuk paused, tears welling in his eyes. “You’ve forgotten one of the most important days of our lives. I spent all afternoon making sure that we could have a perfect dinner together, and you don’t even bother to call or anything. Do you know how ignored that makes me feel?”

          “Leeteuk, honey –” Kangin started.

          “No, I’m not done ranting,” Leeteuk snapped.

          From over on the staircase, the boys covered their mouths as Kyuhyun muttered “Oh .”

          “This isn’t going as planned,” Ryeowook mumbled. “Leeteuk’s really mad.”

          “Guys shut up, I can’t hear,” Heechul whispered.

          “How, how could you just forget what today was? We’ve been married for five years and you’ve never forgotten before. Are you getting bored with me?” Leeteuk inquired.

          “No of course not sweetheart,” Kangin promised.

          “Then why would you leave me alone all day on our anniversary? What was so important that you had to be gone the entire day?” Leeteuk asked.

          “I was getting your present,” Kangin informed.

          “Here it comes,” Donghae muttered in an excited tone as the eight Korean teens smiled and leaned in closer towards the kitchen, keeping their eyes glued on the parents in the kitchen.

          “The suspense is killing me,” Ryeowook giggled.

          “What present takes four hours to get?” Leeteuk questioned.

          “This one,” Kangin said before pulling up his shirt and turning his back to Leeteuk, revealing the tattoo he’d gotten. Leeteuk froze and dropped his jaw slightly as he stared at his husband’s back. Kangin now had a tattoo of angel wings across his back, starting at the back of his shoulders and ending just above his waist. In between his shoulder blades were tattooed the words ‘Leeteuk, my eternal angel.’ “What do you think?”

          Kangin turned to face Leeteuk and saw that his spouse was covering his mouth and was crying quietly. “You did this for me?” he whispered.

          “Of course I did. This is a symbol of just how much you mean to me. I will always want to take care of you and love you and protect you. I never forgot what today was; I could never forget the day that I married the most beautiful, kindest, most caring man in the world,” Kangin said as he slowly walked over to Leeteuk and placed his hands gently on the brunette’s face, wiping the tears off his cheeks. He pressed his forehead against Leeteuk’s and quietly added “I thank God every day for giving me an angel like you to have in my life. If I lost you, I don’t know what I would do. I love you so much and I always will.”

          Leeteuk continued crying as he wrapped his arms around Kangin’s neck and replied “I love you too, I’m so lucky to have you.”

          As the couple kissed, the boys quietly cheered from the staircase. “Damn, Kangin’s got game,” Eunhyuk stated before Donghae gently smacked his arm.

          “That was so sweet of him to say to mom,” Sungmin agreed.

          “And it was a romantic gesture to get angel wings,” Ryewook added.

          “C’mon guys, let’s go upstairs, I’m sure they’re gonna want some privacy soon,” Hankyung suggested before the eight teens stood and rushed up to their bedrooms.

          Kangin pulled Leeteuk closer as he kissed his lips harder. “How about now we eat the amazing looking dinner you’ve prepared?” Kangin suggested, placing his hands on Leeteuk’s waist.

          Leeteuk laughed quietly before replying “I was actually hoping we could go upstairs, and eat later.”

          A smile grew across Kangin’s mouth as he picked up Leeteuk bridal style. “What my baby wants, my baby gets,” Kangin responded before he carried his brunette spouse upstairs to their bedroom.

          After closing the door, Kangin lay Leeteuk down on their bed as he continued kissing him. Kangin removed Leeteuk’s shirt and latched his mouth to the side of Leeteuk’s neck as the brunette gasped quietly and slipped his husband’s shirt off as well. Leeteuk began raking his fingers up Kangin’s back before the dark haired Korean moaned and stopped, pulling away for a breath. “I’m sorry, I’m sorry did I hurt you?” Leeteuk asked.

          “It’s alright baby, my back’s just a little sore still from the tattoo,” Kangin informed. “But it’s okay, that’s not gonna keep us from having fun. Tonight is a very special occasion.” He kissed Leeteuk’s lips again as Leeteuk slowly and gently his fingertips up Kangin’s back, this time careful not to apply pressure to his sore skin. Kangin began to kiss down Leeteuk’s chest before whispering “Happy anniversary Leeteuk, I love you.”

          “I love you too Kangin, happy anniversary,” Leeteuk echoed as the couple kissed once more, wrapping their arms around one another in a loving embrace.