Chapter 50

After a Minute

          The boys had had their babies for about a week now, and had started to get attached to the little dolls. “How much longer do we get to keep Anna?” Heechul asked as he held the doll in his arms.

          “I think for one more week, and then we have to give them back,” Hankyung figured.

          Heechul looked down at the baby and sighed. “Just wish we could keep her forever,” he muttered. “I wish she was real and we could raise her.”

          “I know you do, you’ve really been attached to Anna ever since we got her,” Hankyung said as he wrapped an arm around Heechul’s shoulders.

          “I just want Anna to know that she’s loved. I never want any child of ours to have to live through the Hell I went through,” Heechul replied before placing a kiss on top of her head.

          “I know Heechul, and even though she’s just a doll, I sense that Anna knows you love and care about her, and I can’t wait til we have our own baby one day,” Hankyung responded, pressing his lips against Heechul’s raven hair.

          Down the hall, Yesung and Ryeowook were taking a nap, with Charlotte resting in her little crib near their bed. Yesung was having a nightmare, regarding his past. The black haired Korean suddenly opened his eyes and started panting quickly as his heart pounded. Yesung found that he still had Ryeowook wrapped in his arms, so he pulled his brunette boyfriend closer. Ryeowook slowly tilted his head up and looked at Yesung. “Yesung, are you okay?” he whispered in a sleepy tone. “Your heart’s beating really fast and you’re sweating.”

          “Nothing, everything’s fine,” Yesung lied before pulling away from Ryeowook and climbing out of bed.

          He walked over to the crib and looked down at Charlotte before feeling Ryeowook wrap his arms around his torso. “Please tell me what’s bothering you. Did you have a bad dream?” Ryeowook asked.

          Yesung reached down and Charlotte’s face as he responded “Yeah I did.”

          “What happened?” Ryeowook wondered.

          Yesung turned to Ryeowook and touched his face before walking to sit back down on his bed. “It was about my family,” he replied.

          “The family you lost when you were younger?” Ryeowook questioned.

          “Yeah, even though they’ve been gone eleven years, I can still vividly see everything that happened,” Yesung said.

          Ryeowook sat down next to him and began to rub Yesung’s back as he whispered “Will you talk to me about it?”

          The dark haired Korean teen took a deep breath and sighed before informing “When I was five, me, my parents, and my then-at-the-time three year old sister Yoona, were traveling home from vacation one night. We were at a stop light and hit suddenly by a drunk driver. The only thing else I can recall is me crying and screaming for Yoona and my parents to wake up, but they never did.” Yesung paused for a minute before continuing “Next thing I know, I’m in the hospital being treated for minor injuries, and then I was shipped off to the Boys Home where I met Donghae and Heechul. A few months later, Sungmin showed up, and I became attached to him, like an older brother. It was almost like Sungmin was a replacement for the younger sibling I’d lost.”

          “I’m so sorry that happened to you,” Ryeowook muttered, running a hand up the back of Yesung’s hair.

          “I just wish there was something I could’ve done to help them. I could’ve done something that could’ve saved them. I just sat there and did nothing,” Yesung said under his breath as he leaned forward.

          “Yesung you can’t blame yourself for what happened. It wasn’t your fault, and you were five years old, what could you have done?” Ryeowook reminded.

          “I could’ve maybe unbuckled Yoona and gotten her out,” Yesung replied before standing up. “She was my baby sister, I loved her more than anything else in the world, and I just let her die.” Yesung walked over to the crib and looked down at Charlotte. “I would’ve given anything to have taken her place so she could still be alive.”

          “Yesung don’t talk like that,” Ryeowook said, standing up and immediately wrapping his arms around his boyfriend. “If you weren’t here, I never would’ve met you, and I don’t wanna imagine a life without you, I love you.”

          The dark haired Korean turned to Ryeowook and pulled his boyfriend closer before placing a kiss on his lips. “Ryeowook, I’m not going anywhere because I never want you to feel the same way I felt. I don’t ever want to lose someone that I love ever again,” Yesung whispered as he took Ryeowook’s face in his hands, rubbing his thumbs over the brunette’s cheeks. “I love you so much Ryeowook.”

          “I love you too Yesung,” Ryeowook echoed as he wrapped his arms around his boyfriend’s neck.

          Across the hall, Donghae picked up Aiden and started to feed the baby boy doll. “Donghae, we only got another week with Aiden, can you believe that?” Eunhyuk wondered as he laid down on the bed.

          “Then we just have to give him away,” Donghae muttered.

          “We don’t have to give him away, Donghae he’s our assignment, not a real baby,” Eunhyuk reminded.

          “Well it still feels like we’re going to have to abandon him. I mean we attached ourselves to him, we got him clothes, fed him, changed him, then he has to go back to a place where he’s unloved,” Donghae spat as he laid Aiden down in his crib again and placed his hands on his hips.

          “Donghae?” Eunhyuk quietly asked as he slowly sat up. “Are you alright?”

          The brunette stayed silent for a moment before closing his eyes and allowing tears to drip down his face. “No, I just, I’m thinking,” Donghae whispered.

          Eunhyuk stood up and approached his boyfriend, slowly taking his hand. “Thinking about what?” he inquired.

          Donghae looked at the blonde with tears glistening in his eyes and asked “Eunhyuk, if we ever have a baby, promise me that no matter what happens, we won’t abandon it.”

          “Donghae, if one day for some reason we can’t financially provide for our child, then we should do what’s in its best interest, and –” Eunhyuk started.

          The brunette pushed his boyfriend away and shouted “No, you don’t get it, you don’t understand. You have no idea what it feels like, wondering for seventeen long years whether or not your family wanted you or not; whether or not they think about you, if they remember your birthday, or wonder if you have friends or love school, or whether or not they care if you’re dead or not!”

          Eunhyuk pulled Donghae close to him and held him tightly. “Donghae, calm down, just calm down,” he advised.

          Donghae looked up at Eunhyuk. “How come they didn’t want me?” he asked. Instead of answering, Eunhyuk simply kissed his boyfriend’s lips gently.

          “Kangin and Leeteuk want you Donghae, and your brothers want you, and more importantly, I want you,” Eunhyuk whispered, before kissing Donghae again. “And I promise you that no matter what happens in our future, if we ever get a baby, we will never let him or her go.”

          A little ways down the hall, Kyuhyun walked into his and Sungmin’s room, and watched Sungmin lay little Haru down in her crib. “There Haru, now just sleep while mommy does some homework,” he said before frantically hurrying over to his desk to begin some school work.

          “Sungmin, are you okay?” Kyuhyun wondered, noticing Sungmin didn’t seem like his normal self.

          “I’m fine, I just fed and burped Haru, and now I’ve got about a ten to fifteen minute window before she needs to be changed, so I’ve got to hurry and get this homework done, so please stop bugging me,” Sungmin snapped.

          “Okay, I’m sorry,” Kyuhyun replied quietly.

          Sighing, Sungmin turned towards Kyuhyun and muttered “I’m sorry Kyuhyun; I didn’t mean to snap like that. It’s just between my homework and Haru’s constant care; I haven’t slept good all week.” The blonde dropped his head on his desk and began crying.

          Kyuhyun quickly stood up and walked over to Sungmin, before he started to massage the blonde’s shoulders. “Baby, you’re just stressed out. You need a good night’s sleep,” Kyuhyun said as Sungmin raised his head and leaned it back against Kyuhyun.

          “What I need is a night alone with you,” Sungmin replied.

          “You mean a night with just me and you in the room, and not a little fly on the wall, or in our case, a little baby in the crib?” Kyuhyun whispered as he kissed Sungmin’s neck gently.

          “Yeah, a night where we don’t have to get up at two in the morning just to feed or change Haru,” Sungmin responded. “I don’t know if I can handle another week of this.”

          “Come here,” Kyuhyun beckoned as he gripped his fiancé’s arms and pulled him to his feet. The dark haired Korean wrapped his arms around Sungmin and kissed his lips sweetly before lying them both down on the bed. He pulled the blonde close to him and ran a hand through Sungmin’s hair. “I want you to sleep tonight. I’ll take care of Haru when she wakes up, all I want you to do is catch up on your sleep, will you do that for me? I don’t want you getting too stressed out. Next weekend, after we give our baby back, we’ll have a weekend all to ourselves, and I will do any and everything you want.”

          “You’re too good to me,” Sungmin muttered with a smile before pressing a kiss to Kyuhyun’s lips and laying his head against his chest.

          “I love you baby,” Kyuhyun whispered.

          “I love you too Kyuhyun,” Sungmin echoed as he tightened his arms around his fiancé.

          “You want me to rub your back for you?” Kyuhyun asked. Sungmin nodded against Kyuhyun’s chest before sitting up.

          The blonde felt Kyuhyun slip his fingers underneath his t-shirt and pull it off his body before gently running his hands over his back, pressing and rubbing him all over. Sungmin closed his eyes and moaned quietly, feeling his fiancé touch him lovingly before lightly kissing his shoulder, running his lips up to Sungmin’s neck. Kyuhyun squeezed Sungmin’s shoulders repeatedly before raking his fingers down the blonde’s skin once more. Sungmin laid his head down on Kyuhyun’s lap and closed his eyes, snuggling close to his fiancé.

          Kyuhyun continued to rub Sungmin’s body until he heard Haru begin to cry. Sighing and knowing that their romantic moment had to end abruptly; Kyuhyun replaced his lap with a pillow as he stood, and picked up Haru. “Haru, hush baby, you’re gonna wake up your mommy, and mommy needs to sleep,” Kyuhyun whispered to the doll as he changed her.

          After Haru stopped crying and was put back to bed, Kyuhyun turned off the light and lay back down in bed next to Sungmin, pulling the blonde close in his embrace. He felt Sungmin place a hand on his face and kiss his lips. “I love you,” Sungmin repeated quietly.

          “I love you too Minnie. I’ll love you forever and ever,” Kyuhyun promised as he interlaced their fingers and kissed his fiancé again.