Chapter 45

After a Minute

          A few days later, after they had returned back home, Ryeowook was unpacking his suitcase in Yesung’s room when the black haired teen entered the room and hugged Ryeowook around his rorso. “What are you doing?” Yesung asked.

          “Just putting my stuff up,” Ryeowook replied before turning to kiss his boyfriend’s lips.

          “You taste like kiwi,” Yesung muttered as he lightly placed a kiss on Ryeowook’s nose.

          The brunette giggled before he responded “Thank you, it’s the new lip balm I bought.”

          “Well I like it on you,” Yesung added before hugging Ryeowook close.

          Ryeowook smiled as he asked “Yesung, why is it so hot outside and inside?”

          “Probably because it’s July,” Yesung reminded.

          “Oh yeah, I just wish I could cool down some,” Ryeowook said as he started unpacking again.

          Yesung let a sly smile spread across his lips as he reached into his glass of water on the bedside table and fished out four ice cubes with his fingers. He snuck up behind Ryeowook and quickly dropped the ice down the back of his boyfriend’s shirt, and jumped back as he watched Ryeowook gasp at the sudden feeling of the coolness on his skin. “There, now you can cool down,” Yesung laughed as he grabbed Ryeowook’s hands so the brunette couldn’t reach for the ice.

          “This isn’t funny, it’s super cold, get it out,” Ryeowook requested.

          “You said you wanted to cool down,” Yesung reminded.

          “Not like this,” Ryeowook said as he squirmed to try and get the ice out of his shirt. The frozen water cubes had already began to melt against his skin, and the brunette felt the cold water slid over his back.

          Finally, Ryeowook managed to pull away and lift his shirt up, only to find that the cubes had already melted. He gently touched the cold spots on his back before looking at his boyfriend. “That was really mean, you could’ve at least asked me if I wanted ice down my back,” Ryeowook muttered before sitting down on the bed and crossing his arms.

          “Ryeowook,” Yesung laughed quietly as he sat down next to the brunette.

          “No, I’m upset with you right now,” Ryeowook replied as he turned his body away from Yesung.

          “Don’t be like that,” Yesung said as he leaned forward and wrapped his arms around Ryeowook’s small waist. He placed a kiss on the back of his neck before slinking his hands up under Ryeowook’s shirt and rested them on Ryeowook’s stomach.

          “No, I’m upset right now,” Ryeowook pouted as he refused to look at Yesung.

          The black haired teen began to kiss Ryeowook’s neck again before he laid the brunette down on the bed. “Hey, look at me,” Yesung whispered as he turned Ryeowook’s face to his. Ryeowook casually looked over at Yesung before they kissed again. Yesung his fingers over his boyfriend’s cheek. “I’m sorry I made you upset.”

          After seeing a smile appear on Ryeowook’s face, Yesung lifted the brunette’s shirt up and moved his head to place a kiss on Ryeowook’s stomach, before blowing against his skin, sending ticklish vibrations through Ryeowook’s torso. Ryeowook giggled before saying “I forgive you, I forgive you.”

          Yesung laughed as he raised his head and hugged Ryeowook. “You know I was just playing with you right?” Yesung asked.

          “Yes, you know I was just playing like I was angry with you right?” Ryeowook wondered.

          “Why would you pretend to be mad?” Yesung inquired.

          “Because you said you like it when I make my pouty face,” Ryeowook stated.

          Yesung quietly laughed before holding Ryeowook’s chin and placing a kiss on his lips once more. “I love you Ryeowookie,” Yesung whispered as they leaned their faces together.

          “I love you too Yesung,” Ryeowook replied before Yesung kissed his neck.

          Later that evening, when Kangin returned home from work, he walked into the kitchen and sat down at the table. The Korean man began to sort through the bills that were starting to pile up. Sighing, he looked at the numbers begin to climb higher and higher as he punched the amounts of money he owed into the calculator. “God, I don’t know how we’re going to be able to keep going like this,” Kangin muttered as he rubbed his eyes.

          He saw Leeteuk enter the kitchen and sit down across from him. “Hi sweetheart, what are you doing?” he asked.

          “Paying the monthly dues,” Kangin informed as he rolled up his sleeves to his elbows.

          “How’s it looking?” Leeteuk wondered.

          “We can’t keep living the way we’re living Leeteuk,” Kangin stated.

          “What do you mean?” Leeteuk inquired.

          “We’re practically raising eight teenage boys, and it’s getting too expensive,” Kangin explained. “We’re going to have to really start cutting back on stuff we do.”

          “Well actually –” Leeteuk started.

          Before he could continue, Donghae ran up to Leeteuk and hugged his shoulder. “Leeteuk, me and Eunhyuk’s tickets for K-Con came in today; thank you so much for getting them for us,” Donghae thanked.

          After Donghae headed out of the room and upstairs to his bedroom, Kangin looked at Leeteuk. “You bought them what?” he demanded.

          “Well they wanted to go to a convention and I thought they should get the chance to go while they’re young,” Leeteuk slowly explained.

          “You bought them something without talking with me about it first?” Kangin asked. “I just told you that we can’t keep spending the way we are. We just spent a lot on this vacation, and honestly, I don’t even know how we can afford these tickets.”

          “Kangin, just calm down,” Leeteuk whispered. “You’re getting worked up.”

          “Leeteuk, we can’t keep doing this, we’re going to go into debt if we keep buying the boys things that they want. You should be buying things only for our sons, not their boyfriends,” Kangin said before he stood up.

          “I want them to be able to be happy,” Leeteuk responded as he stood up as well and crossed his arms.

          Kangin turned to Leeteuk and spat “No, you just want the boys to like you. You want to be the favorite parent so that they always run to their mommy Leeteuk every time they want something.”

          “Now you know that is not true,” Leeteuk growled as he leaned against the counter.

          “We agreed to raise four boys, not eight. They’re going to have to either start staying here less, or get jobs to help chip in around here, because with everything that they want to do, and everything you want to give them, it’s squeezing us dry financially,” Kangin stated.

          “You want me to make our sons’ boyfriends leave? I can’t do that, I cannot throw out three teenagers that our sons are in love with,” Leeteuk said. “And I can’t believe that you would honestly consider doing that. You know that those boys mean everything to our sons.”

          “You think this is any easier for me?!” Kangin yelled as he pointed to his chest, causing Leeteuk to jump back. “You think I want to make our boys upset? I don’t, but I also don’t want to be surrounded by a bunch of debt, and we end up losing our sons because we can’t financially support them! Dammit Leeteuk, you never think about stuff like this, you never consider how it’ll affect our finances. Everything has to always be about how you can make people happy.” Leeteuk stood perfectly still as Kangin walked past him, over to the table, and retrieved his jacket. “I’m going out,” he muttered.

          Kangin slammed the door to the garage shut as silence enveloped Leeteuk. The brunette stood there, feeling tears fall from his eyes. He squeezed his eyes shut and cried. Kangin had never gotten so mad that he had left before; sure they’d fought, but Kangin had never stormed out like that. Leeteuk wiped the tears from his eyes and let out a quiet, shaky cry before hearing “Leeteuk?”

          Turning to the kitchen entrance, Leeteuk saw his sons standing in the doorway. “Hey boys,” he muttered.

          “Is everything alright?” Sungmin wondered as the four approached Leeteuk slowly.

          “Yeah, yeah everything is fine,” Leeteuk lied before more tears spilled from his eyes. He hid his face in his hands as Donghae, Heechul, Yesung, and Sungmin surrounded him; comforting and hugging their distraught parent.