Chapter 7

After a Minute

          Monday, Sungmin walked up to his locker, and was getting books out, when the locker door was slammed shut unexpectedly. He gasped quietly at the suddenness, but calmed down a little when he saw it was Kyuhyun. “How’re you?” he asked the blonde quietly as he ran the back of his hand down Sungmin’s face.

          “Fine,” Sungmin whispered as he hesitantly made eye contact.

          Kyuhyun examined Sungmin’s face, and carefully pulled down one lower eye lid. “You had a killer hangover, didn’t you?”

          Sungmin nodded. “I threw up all night,” he added.

          “I’m sorry, your tolerance level must still be low,” Kyuhyun replied. “After a few more times, it’ll be easier to stomach.”

          “Okay, well I have to go to class now,” Sungmin said before starting to walk away.

          He didn’t take but two steps before Kyuhyun grabbed his arm and gently pushed him back against the lockers. Sungmin nervously looked at Kyuhyun’s eyes as the dark haired boy smiled and muttered “I’ll see you in the next class.” Kyuhyun placed a forceful yet loving kiss on Sungmin’s lips before releasing him and walking down the hall. Sungmin his lips and watched Kyuhyun walk off before he headed to class.

          Donghae sat nervously at his desk, waiting for Eunhyuk to arrive. He felt his heart pound loudly as Eunhyuk walked in and sat down beside him. Donghae had to restrain himself from leaning forward and kissing his boyfriend; since Eunhyuk wanted their relationship to stay secret for now. “Hey,” Donghae said quietly as he smiled at the blonde.

          “Hey,” Eunhyuk replied with a grin as he looked over at Donghae.

          “How’d the rest of your weekend go?” Donghae wondered.

          “It was really lonely,” Eunhyuk informed.

          “Maybe this weekend, I can help with that,” Donghae offered.

          “Yeah, that’d be nice,” Eunhyuk agreed. Donghae couldn’t help it any longer, he had to give Eunhyuk some kind of physical contact or else he’d explode. The brunette reached over and gently gripped Eunhyuk’s shoulder. Donghae watched Eunhyuk grip his shoulder in response before they turned to pay attention to their lecture.

          As soon as the lecture was done, Donghae headed down the hall to his next class, when Eunhyuk approached him. “Hey, will you skip the next class and come with me?” he asked quickly.

          “Yeah, what’s up, is everything okay?” Donghae wondered as he followed Eunhyuk.

          Eunhyuk led him to the gym, which was deserted. “The coach gave me a pass from next class to practice basketball, but I wanna spend the hour with you,” the blonde explained. Now that they were alone, Eunhyuk took Donghae’s hand and led him behind the bleachers. He backed Donghae up against the wall and placed both hands on either side of him before leaning his head against the brunette’s.

          Donghae nudged his face alongside Eunhyuk’s face before placing his hands on the blonde’s hips and pulling him closer as their lips met one another’s. Eunhyuk held Donghae’s face in his hands as they kissed in secrecy. Donghae noticed that Eunhyuk looked as though he would cry, so the brunette asked “What’s wrong?”

          I’m scared of what people would think if they found out about us,” Eunhyuk whispered.

          “Are you embarrassed of us?” Donghae wondered.

          “No, no, just the opposite; it’s the rejection from other people, especially my parents,” Eunhyuk explained.

          Donghae placed a hand on Eunhyuk’s face and ran his other hand through his blonde hair as he promised “Even if the whole world rejects you, I will stay by your side, no matter what.” Eunhyuk smiled as he kissed Donghae again wrapped his arms around his boyfriend.

          Meanwhile in Yesung’s math class, the dark haired boy could barely focus with Ryeowook sitting right beside him. He glanced over at him and grinned. Yesung found everything Ryeowook did to be adorable, even when he did the simplest things like take notes. “Hey,” Yesung whispered.

          “Yes?” Ryeowook replied in the same quiet tone.

          “I think you should come over to my house again some night this week,” Yesung said.

          “I can’t, my parents want me to stay home and study for all my classes,” Ryeowook revealed.

          “Well what if you tell them you’re coming over to help me with math homework, would they buy that?” Yesung wondered.

          Ryeowook froze. He had never thought of that before, and had never even dreamed about lying to his parents; but Ryeowook did love being around Yesung, so he responded “Yeah I think that’ll work.”

          “Awesome,” Yesung said with a smile. “You just pick a night and come over, my parents won’t care.”

          “I like your parents, they’re very nice,” Ryeowook muttered.

          “Thanks, they are pretty cool,” Yesung agreed.

          In Heechul’s class, the raven haired boy smiled to himself as Hankyung sat down next to him. “Hey man, how was the rest of your weekend?” Hankyung asked.

          “Pretty calm, just like I like it,” Heechul replied. “How about you?”

          “Same, after school today I got basketball practice; you should stick around and watch, then afterwards we can maybe hang out,” Hankyung offered.

          “Okay,” Heechul approved.

          Sungmin felt his chest pound loudly as Kyuhyun slinked over to him as he entered the class. Kyuhyun discreetly touched Sungmin’s hands and whispered “Miss me?” The blonde looked up at him and nodded. Kyuhyun smirked. “Yeah, I missed you too.” Slowly Kyuhyun removed his hands from Sungmin’s as he walked over to his desk and sat down. Sungmin’s thoughts were nowhere but on Kyuhyun all through class; thinking about how he had kissed him, and how his seductive, dark brown eyes had pierced his heart every time Kyuhyun looked at him. 

          When school was done for the day, Eunhyuk subtly kissed Donghae goodbye before heading to basketball practice with Hankyung. “Donghae, I’m going to stay and watch the practice, and then hang out with Hankyung afterwards,” Heechul informed. “Tell Leeteuk I’ll be home later.”

          The two brothers heard Yesung yelling from a nearby bathroom. Heechul and Donghae ran down the hall, into the bathroom, and up to Yesung. “What happened?” Donghae questioned. He then turned and saw Kyuhyun and Sungmin.

          “I caught this kissing our brother yet again,” Yesung stated.

          “First he bullies our brother, and then he gets him drunk and makes out with him; I’ve had about enough of this bastard,” Heechul growled before trying to lunge at Kyuhyun. Donghae grabbed him and held him back.

          “Don’t hurt him Heechul,” Sungmin quietly pleaded.

          “Why?” Heechul asked.

          “I like him, and he likes me,” Sungmin replied as Kyuhyun wrapped an arm around his shoulders.

          “Sungmin he doesn’t like you, he’ll try to hurt you,” Yesung tried to explain as he touched Sungmin’s arm.

          Kyuhyun slapped Yesung’s hand away and stepped in front of Sungmin. “Don’t touch him,” Kyuhyun snapped. “He’s my boyfriend.”

          “He was my brother first,” Yesung defended as the two narrowed their gazes at one another.

          Sungmin stepped in the middle of them and softly requested “Stop it you two. Please try to get along. Yesung, please give Kyuhyun a chance, and Kyuhyun, Yesung is my brother and he’s protective of me.”

          “But I can protect you too Sungmin,” Kyuhyun whispered as he placed both hands on the blonde’s face.

          “I don’t doubt you can,” Sungmin responded with a smile. “But I want you guys to get along, please.” He placed a hand on Kyuhyun’s face and muttered “Will you do it for me Kyuhyun?”

          “Yes, I’ll try,” the dark haired teen promised.

          “Sungmin, it’s time to go home,” Donghae announced.

          “Okay,” the blonde said. He kissed Kyuhyun once more and said goodbye to him as the brothers walked out of the bathroom together.

          While Donghae, Yesung, and Sungmin went home with Leeteuk, Heechul stayed behind and watched the basketball team practice. More importantly, he watched every move Hankyung made. “He looks good in that uniform,” Heechul muttered to himself as the boys practiced. “And he’s really good.” Heechul felt a feeling inside of begin to surface. There was something about Hankyung that Heechul liked; yet at the same time he was very nervous to open up to someone other than his brothers. Heechul always had trust issues, but for very good reasons. His life had been nothing but a living Hell, and Hankyung seemed like a small bit of light that brightened up Heechul’s life.

          Looking at his friend smile and laugh with his basketball team, Heechul said quietly “I want to trust you Hankyung; you make me like you without even trying.” He saw Hankyung look up at him, smile, and wave at him before Heechul added “But you can never know what has happened to me.”