Chapter 16

After a Minute

          Leeteuk and Kangin stood outside Eunhyuk’s house. “Are you sure you’re ready to deal with this?” Kangin asked his spouse, seeing that Leeteuk was already fuming.

          “Yeah, I’ll be okay,” Leeteuk promised.

          Kangin placed a kiss on Leeteuk’s forehead before saying quietly “Alright, let’s do this.”

          He knocked on the front door and watched as Lee Min opened the door. “Hello, can I help you?” she asked.

          “Yes hi, I’m Leeteuk; we spoke on the phone earlier. We’re Donghae’s parents,” the brunette informed.

          Min stood there silently for a few moments before she replied “Oh, alright, please come in.” The couple walked in as Min called “Jae, Donghae’s parents are here.”

          Jae walked out of the kitchen and saw Kangin and Leeteuk. “You’ve got to be kidding me. The parents are gay too?” Jae questioned.

          “And what’s wrong with that? My husband and I love each other,” Leeteuk stated as he crossed his arms.

          “Please why don’t you sit down so we can discuss things further,” Min offered as she led them to the couch.

          “Your boy has done nothing but mess with my son’s mind ever since they met,” Jae blamed as he sat in the chair opposite of Kangin and Leeteuk.

          “How has he messed with Eunhyuk? His grades haven’t dropped and he certainly seems extremely happy with my son,” Leeteuk defended.

          “Stop calling him that, he’s not even biologically yours. None of them are,” Jae spat, making Leeteuk’s jaw drop slightly.

          “Hey, listen here; do not disrespect my husband like that. We’ve been working a long time to get children, and with all those boys have been through, they love Leeteuk as though he was their real mother,” Kangin snapped as he placed a hand on Leeteuk’s leg.

          “Do you know if Donghae and Eunhyuk are ually active?” Min wondered out of curiosity.

          “Not that we’re aware of, I mean they’re very close, but we know it’s only a matter of time,” Leeteuk replied.

          Jae smirked. “Some mother, we would know every detail of Eunhyuk’s life so he could have nowhere to hide,” he said.

          “What’s the fun in that? Let your kids live a little; be entitled to some privacy,” Kangin stated.

          “Because privacy means secrets, and secrets are not kept in this house,” Jae responded.

          “No wonder Eunhyuk always loved coming over to our house. At least there he could act like a normal seventeen year old,” Leeteuk muttered.

          “Do you realize that Eunhyuk has thrown his life away just because of something stupid like loving Donghae?” Jae demanded.

          “Donghae did not ruin Eunhyuk’s life; if anything he enhanced it. Eunhyuk was the one who initiated the relationship, and the only reason he didn’t tell you was because you’d respond the exact way you are now,” Leeteuk replied.

          “He knew the rules and chose to break them. If he can’t live by my rules, then he won’t live here at all,” Jae stated.

          “I cannot believe you’re so intolerable of this. You’d rather have your son act like your trained zombie than see him happy with the boy he loves,” Leeteuk said.

          “It must be all that negative energy he was around at, at your house,” Jae responded as he crossed his arms. Leeteuk felt his heart pound loudly as he became infuriated with Lee Jae.

          “Do not speak about my family like that,” Kangin ordered. “We have always tried to be a positive influence for our boys and for their friends. If they’re not breaking the law, then what harm are they doing? All his life, you’ve wanted Eunhyuk to grow up and act like a man and make his own decisions, but the minute he makes a decision that requires support from you, what do you do? You turn your back on him like a couple of cowards.”

          “Don’t you dare sit here and call me a coward in my house. We did not turn our backs on Eunhyuk, we simply gave him the tough love he deserved,” Jae responded.

          “There’s a difference between tough love and being an to your children,” Leeteuk snapped.

          Jae shot up out of his chair. “I will not be called such a name by a ing homoual!” he shouted at Leeteuk.

          Kangin stood up and pushed Jae back. “Hey, do not ever approach or speak to my spouse like that again, or I will kick your ,” Kangin threatened as Leeteuk looked up at him.  

          “Jae, maybe you should sit back down and relax,” Min suggested gently as she coaxed her husband back towards his chair.

          “If he doesn’t have us, then he has no one,” Jae lowly said.

          “He has us, and he has Donghae; quite frankly, I think that’s all Eunhyuk needs to be happy,” Leeteuk responded as he narrowed his gaze at Jae.

          Standing up again, the man walked over to the staircase and dragged two suitcases into the living room before flinging them at Kangin and Leeteuk’s feet. “Take the little bastard his stuff. He’s no longer welcome here as long as he’s with Donghae,” Jae stated.

          Kangin and Leeteuk each picked up a suitcase. “You really are a heartless man, letting your son’s uality ruin a seventeen year bond,” Leeteuk declared. “You should be happy just because your son is happy.”

          “My son’s feelings are no longer important to me. My relationship with my son ended the moment he entered one with your kid,” Jae replied.

          “Kangin, I’m ready to go,” Leeteuk said as he stood up.

          “Absolutely,” Kangin agreed as he followed his spouse. As Leeteuk walked out, Kangin turned to Jae and Min and made one final statement. “Shame on you two for disowning your son all because he dared to be different. At least now, he’ll be with people who can accept him.” After slamming the door shut, Leeteuk and Kangin got into their vehicle and drove home in silence.

          Meanwhile, Heechul and Hankyung were lying in Heechul’s bed, still shirtless and kissing. “Do you want me to take the rest of your clothes off?” Hankyung whispered.

          Before Heechul could respond, they heard a car pull into the driveway. “Oh , Kangin and Leeteuk are back,” Heechul muttered as the two quietly sat up and put their shirts back on.

          “It’s okay, we’ll try again another time,” Hankyung promised as he placed a kiss on Heechul’s forehead. “How did it make you feel, to be held and gently touched?”

          “It felt nice; for a minute, it felt as though all of the bad memories had been wiped out of existence,” Heechul responded.

          Hankyung hugged his boyfriend and held him close before kissing his lips gently. “I’ll see you at school tomorrow,” he muttered before leaving Heechul’s room and slipping out of the front door, unseen by the parents.

          “Oh, the nerve of that ignorant bastard,” Leeteuk growled as he slammed his hands down on the counter of the kitchen.

          “Honey, I know it affected you, but Eunhyuk is safe with us now. He’s with Donghae, and he’s happy,” Kangin calmly reminded.

          Squeezing his eyes shut, Leeteuk muttered “I feel like déjà vu just happened, and we were back at my parents’ house telling them about our relationship.”

          Kangin silently held Leeteuk close to him as the man began to quietly cry. “I know it was tough for you sweetie, and I’m sorry you had to go through it, but look at you now; the adoptive mother of four sons, and the spouse of a very handsome man who loves you with all his heart.” Kangin tilted Leeteuk’s face up to him and kissed his lips lovingly.

          “Sometimes I don’t know what I’d do without you,” Leeteuk cried as he hugged his husband back.

          After a minute, Kangin took the two suitcases upstairs and set them in Donghae’s room. “Is that the rest of my stuff?” Eunhyuk wondered.

          “Yeah,” Kangin confirmed. Eunhyuk lowered his head as Donghae rubbed his back. “Eunhyuk, look at me son, your parents may not accept you and Donghae’s lifestyle, but you can be damned sure that Leeteuk and I will support you two as long as we can.”

          “Thank you sir, that means a lot to me,” Eunhyuk replied with a smile.

          “You two head to bed soon, you guys got school tomorrow,” Kangin said before heading for the door. “Night boys,” he added before shutting the door behind him.

          As soon as the door was shut, Donghae rolled over on top of Eunhyuk and kissed him. “I told you my parents were amazing,” Donghae reminded.

          Eunhyuk smiled as he moved to roll over on top of Donghae. He placed another kiss on the brunette’s lips before adding “And my boyfriend is just as amazing.” The two kissed one another before eventually heading off to sleep for the night.