Chapter 21

After a Minute

          While his brothers headed to school the next day, Yesung got ready to take Ryeowook to the doctor with Leeteuk and Kangin. “Do you think the doctors will believe me when I tell them my dad put these on me?” Ryeowook asked as he looked at his bruises in the mirror.

          “Yes, they’ll know what to do, and if they don’t do anything, then I’ll do something about it, or my parents will definitely do something,” Yesung promised. He wrapped his arms around Ryeowook’s waist gently before kissing a bruise that was on his shoulder.

          “Thank you for doing this,” Ryeowook whispered as he smiled at Yesung.

          “You don’t have to thank me for this; I’m doing this because I care about you,” Yesung replied before kissing Ryeowook’s lips. “C’mon, let’s get you to the doctor.”

          “So how did you get these bruises and black eye?” the doctor asked as he examined Ryeowook’s upper body.

          “His dad is hitting him,” Yesung stated.

          “Oh, were you guys rough housing?” the doctor wondered.

          “This isn’t funny doc, his dad is beating the crap out of him and you act like you don’t give a ,” Yesung snapped.

          “Yesung, that’s enough,” Leeteuk scolded before his son sat down next to him.

          Kangin stood up and asked “You think it’s a good idea to press charges? Is there enough evidence to put his dad away?”

          “Yes, these ailments he’s displaying are enough for an arrest warrant. Now is there somewhere safe he can stay until his father is taken away?” the doctor questioned.

          “Yes, he’s staying with us, we thank you for your time doctor,” Kangin said as Ryeowook slipped his shirt back on and walked out with Leeteuk and Yesung.

          That afternoon, after Donghae, Eunhyuk, Sungmin, and Heechul got home; they discovered what had happened to Ryeowook. “Oh my God, are Kangin and Leeteuk going to do anything?” Donghae wondered.

          “Of course they are, they’ve been on the phone with social services and the police all afternoon,” Yesung informed.

          “Have they heard any good news from them yet?” Heechul asked.

          “I don’t know, Ryeowook and I have been up here ever since we got home,” Yesung said.

          Suddenly, the boys heard a knock on the front door, followed by Leeteuk calling “Guys, can you please get that?”

          “Sure,” Eunhyuk responded before the six boys headed downstairs.

          Opening the front door, the teens were shocked to find Ryeowook's dad standing there with two police officers behind him. Ryeowook gasped and hid behind Yesung, fearful. “What the hell are you doing here?” Yesung questioned.

          “This is him officers, this is the young man who came into my house, assaulted me, and then kidnapped my son,” Ryeowook’s father stated as he pointed to Yesung.

          “Bull, Yesung saved him,” Heechul replied.

          “Son, are your parents home?” an officer asked.

          “Leeteuk, Kangin, we need you in here now!” Donghae called as he turned his head towards the kitchen.

          The couple rushed to their side. “What’s going on?” Kangin wondered. He saw the police and asked “Can we help you officers?”

          “Yes sir, this man says one of your sons assaulted him in his own home and then took his son,” an officer explained.

          “I had every reason to take Ryeowook,” Yesung defended as he pushed the brunette behind him some more.

          “Did that include hitting me on the head with a bottle?” Ryeowook’s dad questioned.

          “Shut the up; do not speak to me. I have no respect for ing drunk who beats his son!” Yesung yelled.

          “I came for my property, and I intend on getting him,” Ryeowook’s dad stated.

          “No, you’re not going to take him,” Yesung said before he took Ryeowook’s hand and ran upstairs.

          “That’s it,” Ryeowook’s dad growled before trying to enter the house. But the other boys wouldn’t let him.

          “You’re gonna have to go through us to get to them,” Donghae responded as he, Eunhyuk, Heechul, and Sungmin stood their ground.

          Ryeowook’s dad smirked before asking “And just what are a bunch of little teenage brats gonna do?”

          “Motherer, you just try and get in this house, I ing dare you,” Heechul challenged through gritted teeth. “I’ve dealt with enough abusive parents for one lifetime.”

          Kangin stepped in front of the boys and said “Officers, this man is the one who needs charges pressed on him, not my son. This man has gotten drunk and abused his son not even two days after he was released from prison for the same reason.” Looking at Ryeowook’s dad, he stated “I will not allow you to take Ryeowook back and put him in danger.”

          “The boy has been beaten you say?” an officer questioned.

          “Yes, if you’d like, you can come in and see,” Leeteuk offered as one of the policemen walked inside.

          “I’m coming in too,” Ryeowook’s dad stated.

          “No, you stay away from him,” Heechul demanded.

          “Son, I’ll handle this,” Kangin gently scolded. He turned to the man in front of him and said “You are not allowed in my house.”

          Inside, Donghae led the officer upstairs to Yesung’s room and knocked on the door. “Go away,” Yesung demanded.

          “Dude, it’s me, this officer wants to talk to Ryeowook,” Donghae quietly informed.

          “He’s not going to take him away is he?” Yesung questioned.

          “No, he won’t,” Donghae promised.

          Yesung sighed, but opened the door. Looking at the officer, he requested “Please don’t take him away.”

          “I just want to talk to him,” the officer replied. He walked up to Ryeowook, who was hiding underneath the blanket on Yesung’s bed. “Hey there, can you come out here for a minute please?”

          Slowly, Ryeowook crawled out from under the covers and stood up. “Don’t let my dad take me,” Ryeowook cried as tears began to flood his eyes and he lowered his head. Yesung rushed over to him and held him in his arms.

          “Don’t worry I won’t; where did you get that black eye from?” the officer questioned as he looked at Ryeowook’s face.

          “My dad,” Ryeowook muttered as he looked down.

          “Your friend’s father said that your dad has abused you recently, is that true?” the officer asked.

          Ryeowook nodded his head before he turned around. Yesung carefully lifted up Ryeowook’s shirt and showed the policeman Ryeowook’s bruises. “I saw his dad hit him, and push him into walls, and slap him, and I know that he did this,” Yesung explained.

          “Son do you want to press charges against your dad?” the officer inquired as Ryeowook lowered his shirt.

          “Yes, please take him away so he can’t hurt my mom or me anymore,” the brunette pleaded.

          Yesung and Ryeowook followed the officer downstairs and witnessed him place handcuffs on Ryeowook’s dad. “What the hell is this?” he questioned.

          “Your son has chosen to press charges against you, so as of right now, you are under arrest for endangering the welfare of a minor and child abuse,” the officer stated.

          “Hey c’mon man, I just got out on parole, and if I go back, I won’t get back out,” Ryeowook’s dad said.

          “Good, I hope you rot in Hell,” Yesung snapped as he wrapped an arm around his boyfriend.

          “This isn’t over, I will come back to get what’s mine,” Ryeowook’s dad threatened as the officers dragged him away.

          “Try it, next time you’ll be leaving in a body bag and not handcuffs,” Yesung responded before he placed a kiss on top of Ryeowook’s head.

          After watching the police drive away, Kangin and Leeteuk turned to Ryeowook. “I don’t think you’ll have to worry about him anymore; he won’t be getting out anytime soon,” Kangin promised.

          Silently, Ryeowook hugged the couple and whispered “Thank you two.”

          “You’re welcome sweetie,” Leeteuk replied as he hugged the brunette. “You’ll always have a place here with us.”

          That evening, Yesung took Ryeowook back home and he explained to his mother what had happened. After hearing that her husband was finally put back in prison, hopefully for forever, she was shocked, yet happy. “You don’t have to be afraid anymore mom,” Ryeowook muttered.

          “Sweetie, look what he did to you though,” his mother said as she gently ran her fingers over her son’s black eye.

          “As long as he didn’t hurt you anymore I didn’t care. I didn’t like seeing him hurt you,” Ryeowook answered quietly.

          Yesung watched his boyfriend’s mother hug her son tightly and kiss his brunette hair. She looked up at him and held out an arm. Yesung smiled and hugged the both of them. “Thank you, you made us feel safe again,” she thanked.

          “I care about your son and did not want anyone putting his hands on him like that. I wanna keep him safe,” Yesung informed.

          “Thank you for loving my son, he talks about you a lot and I can tell he loves you so much,” Ryeowook’s mother replied.

          Yesung saw his boyfriend blush and turn his face away. The black haired teen turned Ryeowook’s face to his and kissed his lips gently. “And I love him even more,” Yesung whispered with a grin.