Chapter 43

After a Minute

          Mid-summer had hit South Korea, and this year had just happened to have record highs almost every single day. It was so hot that the boys were even miserable inside. Kangin and Leeteuk decided to do something to help with the heat. “Boys, we have decided to go spend a few days at the beach,” Kangin announced one night at dinner.

          “Really, we get to go to the beach?” Donghae asked excitedly.

          “Awesome,” Eunhyuk agreed.

          “What do you guys think?” Leeteuk wondered.

          “I think it’s a great idea,” Sungmin said.

          “Yeah anything to help with the damn hotness outside,” Heechul added. “When do we leave?”

          “Well I figured we could leave tomorrow afternoon; that’d give Kyuhyun, Hankyung, and Ryeowook plenty of time to go home and pack a bag,” Kangin explained.

          “Kangin, have you not learned by now that they practically live here most of the time?” Leeteuk joked. “They eat over here, sleep over here, and I do their laundry. They probably have everything they need over here already, right boys?” Kyuhyun, Hankyung, and Ryeowook nodded. “See what I mean?”

          “Very well, we’ll leave in the morning then,” Kangin decided.

          “Actually could we still leave tomorrow afternoon? We’ll still be asleep in the morning,” Eunhyuk requested.

          “Yeah, we will be too,” Heechul agreed as he looked over at Hankyung.

          “So will Minnie and I,” Kyuhyun added as he took his fiancé’s hand.

          “Sounds like you boys will be up late tonight,” Kangin realized with a grin.

          “Why would they be up really late on a night before we leave for vacation?” Leeteuk wondered.

          “Honey, think about it for a minute,” Kangin suggested.

          Leeteuk was silent for a moment before dropping his jaw as his cheeks turned red. “I think Kangin and I will sleep in tomorrow as well,” Leeteuk muttered before eating some more.

          The next morning, Kangin opened his eyes and stretched before looking at the clock. Shaking Leeteuk gently, he whispered “Baby wake up, we gotta go get the boys up so we can leave for the beach.”

          The brunette rolled over and groaned as he asked “What time is it?”

          “A little after ten,” Kangin replied before placing a kiss on Leeteuk’s lips. Leeteuk stretched before slipping on a t-shirt and getting out of bed to pack a couple of small suitcases.

          “I’ll go wake the boys up,” Leeteuk said before walking out of their room. He began to knock on each boy’s bedroom door. “Are you boys up? We’re leaving in about thirty minutes.”

          “Okay Leeteuk,” they unanimously responded.

          Inside Yesung’s room, the dark haired boy sat up and rubbed eyes as Ryeowook finished packing two large suitcases and a duffel bag. “Ryeowook, we’re not moving, we’re just going on vacation,” he reminded. “Why do you need all that stuff?”

          “One suitcase has my clothes, the other has my shoes, and I absolutely can’t go anywhere without my makeup,” Ryeowook explained as he clutched the duffel bag in his hand.

          Yesung smiled before standing to kiss his boyfriend. “You’re cute enough without makeup,” he whispered, causing Ryeowook to blush.

          Meanwhile, in Heechul’s bedroom, the raven haired teen had his faced buried in his pillow, trying to milk the last bit of sleep he could. “C’mon love, we gotta get up,” Hankyung muttered as he kissed Heechul’s shoulder and hugged him closely. Heechul’s only response was a groan. “Now you promised me last night that you would get up willingly if we played a little before bed. I held up my end of the bargain, now you have to hold up your end.” Hankyung kissed the back of Heechul’s neck before Heechul slowly sat up and climbed out of bed, followed by his boyfriend.

          “I hate when you do that,” Heechul moaned sleepily before leaning his head against his boyfriend’s shoulder.

          “When I do what?” Hankyung wondered.

          “When you’re right about something,” Heechul responded as he pressed his face against Hankyung’s neck.

          Hankyung laughed before wrapping his arms around Heechul. “C’mon, we need to pack a couple of bags for trip,” Hankyung reminded before letting Heechul go and walking over to the closet to retrieve the suitcases.

          Next door, Donghae and Eunhyuk were still lying in bed looking at the clock. “We should probably get up and get our stuff together,” Donghae suggested.

          “How long do we have until we leave?” Eunhyuk asked.

          “Leeteuk said about thirty minutes,” Donghae said.

          “Okay, let’s get up and do it really fast,” Eunhyuk replied as he and Donghae jumped up and began to throw clothes into a suitcase. Eunhyuk rushed into the bathroom and grabbed their needed toiletries before throwing them into a small duffel bag. “There, ready to go in record time; only took two minutes.”

          “Well what are we gonna do for the remaining twenty eight minutes?” Donghae questioned. Eunhyuk grinned before wrapping his arms around Donghae and laying him back down on their bed, kissing his lips lovingly.

          Down the hall a little ways, Kyuhyun Sungmin’s blonde hair as he tried to wake up his fiancé. “Minnie, c’mon we have to get up now,” Kyuhyun whispered before placing a gentle kiss on his forehead.

          Sungmin quietly groaned as he opened his eyes and looked up to see Kyuhyun smiling at him. “Five minutes,” he pleaded before burying his face in Kyuhyun’s chest.

          Kyuhyun laughed softly as he kissed Sungmin’s lips. “We have to leave soon, c’mon, let’s get up,” he muttered before pulling away from Sungmin and getting out of bed. He grabbed Sungmin’s hands and began to pull him up. “C’mon baby,” Kyuhyun repeated as he placed his hands on Sungmin’s face and kissed his cheeks.

          Thirty minutes later, everyone was packed up and ready to start the vacation. Kangin and Leeteuk had rented a two story house right on the beach to stay in, and the couples were going to get to have their own rooms. The boys grinned as the cars pulled up to the house and looked out at the vast, blue ocean. “It’s so beautiful,” Donghae said as they climbed out of the cars. “Can we go swim?”

          “After we settle in,” Leeteuk stated as they all walked into the house. “Go pick out your rooms.” The couples ran around the house picking out which rooms they wanted. “Boys, now you know you’ll have to share two bathrooms,” Leeteuk called.

          “Between the eight of us?” Heechul asked.

          “Yes, between the eight of you,” Leeteuk confirmed.

          “But Leeteuk, where am I going to put my makeup?” Ryeowook wondered as he clutched his duffel bag.

          “There’s a room with a vanity that you can have Ryeowook,” Leeteuk informed.

          “Oh yay,” Ryeowook replied before taking Yesung’s hand and pulling him into the bedroom.

          After the boys had gotten all settled in and unpacked, they put on their swimsuits and ran out to the shoreline. “Ah, this is wonderful,” Donghae said as he put his hands on his hips and gazed at the water.

          “C’mon, let’s get in the water,” Eunhyuk responded as he grabbed Donghae’s waist and ran into the ocean with him.

          Yesung removed his shirt and put on his sunglasses as he turned to Ryeowook. “You wanna go get in the water with Donghae and Eunhyuk?”

          The brunette sat in the sand underneath an umbrella on a towel and replied “No thank you, the water looks really cold, and I really don’t wanna take my shirt off.”

          “C’mon Ryeowook, we’re on vacation,” Yesung pleaded as he knelt down in front of his boyfriend. He kissed Ryeowook’s lips before adding “Please?”

          Ryeowook smiled before taking off his shirt and spraying on a little bit of sunscreen on his torso and arms. He took Yesung’s hand and let him take him into the ocean slowly. “Oh shisus, this water is cold,” he muttered as the water splashed against his legs.

          “It’ll be fine once we get in further. Look at Donghae and Eunhyuk, they’re way out there,” Yesung said as he pointed to the couple out in chest deep water.

          “Okay,” Ryeowook agreed as he continued walking out into the water.

          Before he knew it, a wave came by and knocked Ryeowook down into the water. “You okay?” Yesung asked as he immediately helped his boyfriend stand up.

          “The water knocked me down,” Ryeowook said as he wiped his face off and held onto Yesung. “Don’t let the water abuse me.”

          Yesung chuckled as he held Ryeowook close. “Don’t worry, I won’t let anything happen to you,” he promised.

          Heechul and Hankyung walked around the beach and searched for seashells, while Kyuhyun and Sungmin strolled along the shoreline holding hands. “Kyuhyun, can we get married on the beach?” Sungmin requested as the water splashed against their feet.

          “You want to?” Kyuhyun asked.

          “Yeah, it’s really calming and romantic here,” Sungmin admitted as he leaned his head against Kyuhyun’s shoulder.

          “Okay, we can have our wedding on the beach,” Kyuhyun agreed before kissing Sungmin’s head.

          “Can we have a small wedding, with just your immediate family and my immediate family?” Sungmin wondered.

          “You don’t wanna go all out?” Kyuhyun inquired.

          “No, just something simple please, and then we can go straight to the honeymoon afterwards,” Sungmin reminded before he smiled and turned to Kyuhyun.

          “Ah yes, the best part of the whole wedding, the honeymoon,” Kyuhyun laughed as he kissed Sungmin’s lips and placed his hands on his boyfriend’s waist. “C’mon, I’ll go buy us something to drink.”

          Out in the ocean, Donghae was swimming around underneath the water, before popping up beside Eunhyuk. “Well hello there my sweet merman,” Eunhyuk joked as he pulled Donghae out of the water and kissed him. “Let’s get you on land.”

          Donghae pulled him up to the shoreline before Eunhyuk pushed him down gently onto the sand and lay on top of him as the kissed while the waves washed over them. “I feel so happy now,” Donghae muttered as he ran a hand through Eunhyuk’s wet hair.

          “I don’t know about you, but I’m so much right now,” Eunhyuk replied as he kissed Donghae’s neck.

          “Hey, you know the rules, we can’t do it on vacation, too much of a risk,” Donghae reminded.

          “Do you know how long I have to wait?” Eunhyuk wondered.

          “Three days Eunhyuk, you have to wait three days,” Donghae stated.

          “Yes, and that’s three days too long,” Eunhyuk replied as Donghae laughed.

          “You’ll survive,” Donghae responded before standing up.

          “That’s what you think,” Eunhyuk muttered.

          At the end of the day, the group was getting ready to head back inside the house to eat dinner, when Yesung noticed that Ryeowook wouldn’t get up off the towel he was lying on. “What’s wrong Ryeowook?” he asked his boyfriend.

          “My body hurts,” the brunette cried as Yesung helped him sit up.

          Looking at his back, Yesung saw that Ryeowook had gotten sunburned on his back and shoulders. “Ooh, you got sunburned,” he stated as he gently his fingertips down the hot skin.

          “Ow, don’t touch me please,” Ryeowook requested before Yesung yanked his hand back.

          “I’m sorry,” Yesung apologized. “C’mon, let’s get you inside and I’ll help you relax.”

          Ryeowook groaned as Yesung helped him stand up. “I knew I should’ve kept my t-shirt on,” he muttered.

          The brunette didn’t even want dinner that night; all he wanted was to lie in bed and go to sleep. “Just lie down on the bed on your stomach,” Yesung said as he walked into the bathroom. Ryeowook did as he was told and lay down on his side of the bed. Yesung returned moments later holding a bottle of aloe vera. He squirted some of the gel onto his hands before saying “Okay, now this might seem a little cold, but it’ll help you.”

          Yesung began to gently rub the soothing gel onto his boyfriend’s back as Ryeowook gasped from the sudden coolness. “Cold, cold,” Ryeowook panted before relaxing again. He felt Yesung carefully massage his red, burned skin with the aloe vera and almost immediately felt relieved.

          “There, how does that feel?” Yesung asked after a few moments.

          “Much better, thank you,” Ryeowook replied as he smiled at his boyfriend.

          Yesung placed a kiss on his lips before joining his brothers and friends in the dining room. “How’s Ryeowook doing?” Leeteuk wondered.

          “He’s fine, just resting now. I helped him put some aloe vera on,” Yesung responded.

          “Does he want anything to eat?” Kangin asked.

          “No, I’m gonna take him some ice water later though. He just wants to go to sleep,” Yesung informed. “I shouldn’t have made him get in the ocean with his shirt off. He wouldn’t be in pain if I hadn’t been selfish.”

          “Yesung, don’t blame yourself, you didn’t know this was going to happen,” Kyuhyun said.

          “Yeah, no one can control the weather,” Heechul added.

          “He’ll feel better in the morning,” Donghae assured.

          “I hope so,” Yesung replied. After he’d finished eating, Yesung rejoined Ryeowook in their bedroom. He lie down next to his sleeping boyfriend and gently ran his fingertips down Ryeowook’s spine. “I’m so sorry Ryeowook,” he whispered.

          “Why are you sorry?” the brunette responded as he turned his head to face Yesung.

          “I’m sorry I got you sunburned today,” Yesung muttered.

          “You didn’t get me sunburned Yesung, the sun did,” Ryeowook replied with a smile.

          “You’re so cute and understanding,” Yesung said as he Ryeowook’s face and kissed his lips.

          Eunhyuk lie in bed watching TV when Donghae walked into their bedroom wearing only a towel around his waist. “Man, you gotta try out that shower, it is nice,” Donghae suggested.

          “Yeah?” the blonde asked as he watched water slide down his boyfriend’s torso. Donghae unraveled the towel from around his body and slipped into some boxers before climbing into bed and lying down. “Um Donghae?”

          “No Eunhyuk, I told you,” Donghae reminded.

          “I just wanted a kiss goodnight,” Eunhyuk muttered.

          “Oh okay,” Donghae agreed as he leaned up and kissed Eunhyuk’s lips. “Love you.”

          “Love you too,” Eunhyuk replied before turning off the light and lying down.

          After a few moments later, Donghae sighed “Oh what the hell, come here.” He rolled over on top of Eunhyuk, wrapped his arms his boyfriend’s body, and kissed his lips as Eunhyuk ran his hands up Donghae’s back.

          Inside Heechul and Hankyung’s bedroom, Heechul was looking out of the window at the moon shining on the ocean waves. “What are you thinking about?” Hankyung asked as he wrapped his arms around Heechul’s waist and kissed his neck.

          “I think I wanna live on the beach when we move away,” Heechul decided. “Is that okay?”

          “Sounds good to me, I don’t care where we go, as long as we’re together,” Hankyung responded before kissing Heechul’s lips.

          Down the hall, Sungmin and Kyuhyun were lying in bed in each other’s arms. Kyuhyun looked down at his sleeping fiancé and kissed his head gently. He interlaced his fingers with Sungmin’s and looked at the silver ring on Sungmin’s left hand and smiled. This time next year, they would be married and living on their own, and that made Kyuhyun smile. “I love you Minnie, I love you so much,” he whispered. Kyuhyun Sungmin’s ring and added “I’m so ready to get married to you. I’ll never let anyone take you away from me, never ever.”

          Downstairs, Kangin and Leeteuk were in their bedroom getting ready for bed. “You think this trip was a good idea?” Kangin asked.

          “Yeah, the boys seem to be having a really good time,” Leeteuk agreed as he sat down on the edge of the bed. “Kangin, can I ask you something?”

          “Sure love, what’s up?” Kangin wondered.

          “Well, we’re only going to have the boys for a few more months and then they’ll be going off to college or work or something like that, and then we’ll be alone again,” Leeteuk realized.

          Kangin climbed into bed and wrapped his arms around Leeteuk’s torso before kissing the side of his neck. “They’ll still be our sons,” Kangin reminded.

          Leeteuk leaned his head against his husband’s before muttering “Would you be mad if I told you I may want to get another child after the boys move out?”

          “Of course not, I know you love having children, are you sure you wanna think about adopting another one?” Kangin asked.

          Nodding slowly, Leeteuk added “If we do adopt again, I really wanna try and get a baby this time; so we can have more time to spend with him or her.”

          Kangin placed a kiss on Leeteuk’s shoulder. “Leeteuk I think we should really think hard about this for the next year before we make a final decision. Remember how long the last adoption process took?” Kangin inquired.

          “I know, it’s just a thought, but I really want us to consider it,” Leeteuk requested before lying down. “If it’s okay with you.”

          “I think it’s a great idea; we’re still young, we could take in another child,” Kangin agreed. “I still think you’re a wonderful mother to the boys we have now, and another child would love you too.”

          “Kangin?” Leeteuk said as his husband kissed his nose and interlaced their hands together.

          “Yes?” Kangin wondered.

          “I think this time we should get a daughter,” Leeteuk muttered with a smile before Kangin quietly laughed and wrapped his arms around Leeteuk as he kissed his husband.