Chapter 52

After a Minute

          The next Friday, after school, Leeteuk and Kangin drove the boys over to a Mexican food restaurant that lie just outside of Seoul. “Whoa, this is cool,” Yesung said as they walked inside.

          “What the hell is that over there?” Heechul wondered as he looked over in the corner and saw a group of men playing instruments.

          “Oh my god, they have a band here,” Ryeowook replied as he clapped his hands excitedly.

          “They all have mustaches,” Kyuhyun noticed before Yesung snapped a picture of them with his phone.

          Heechul smacked his brother’s arm and muttered “Yesung, what the are you doing?”

          “Oh, I wanted to tweet this, it’s pretty cool,” Yesung responded before his phone beeped. “Oh look it already has a retweet and a like; thanks Donghae.”

          The brunette gave his brother a thumbs up before Heechul requested “Could we please go sit down?”

          “Yeah, let’s go get our table,” Hankyung agreed as the group walked over to a large table in the back of the restaurant.

          “Where did Kangin and Leeteuk go?” Sungmin asked as they sat down.

          “Oh there they are over there,” Ryeowook pointed across the room to see the couple at a table by themselves. “I’m guessing they want some alone time so we can all talk.”

          Opening the menus, Heechul asked “This is some weird language they speak; do you guys recognize any of these foods?”

          “I only know one Spanish phrase,” Kyuhyun replied.

          “What is it?” Hankyung curiously wondered.

          “Mamacita ayayaya,” Kyuhyun stated.

          “What the , who says that?” Heechul asked.

          “Yeah, that sounds like a song title or something,” Yesung agreed. “But seriously, what are you guys getting?”

          “I’m going to try a chimichanga,” Kyuhyun decided

          “A chimichanga?” Yesung repeated. “Isn’t that the Mexican version of bigfoot?”

          “That’s a chupacabra you idiot,” Heechul corrected. “I think a chimichanga is like a really big burrito.”

          “Oh wow, that sounds good,” Yesung responded.

          After they’d ordered and received their meal, Ryeowook gazed at the giant chimichanga that Yesung had gotten and exclaimed “Oh my god, that thing is huge.”

          “That’s what he said,” Eunhyuk muttered under his breath as he and Donghae laughed and high fived.

          “Ha, that was funny,” Donghae whispered as they started eating.

          “Ryeowook, you and Sungmin only got like one taco,” Yesung noticed.

          “We’re just not really too hungry,” Sungmin replied.

          “Here, try some of these in it,” Yesung suggested to Ryeowook as he started shoveling jalapeños onto Ryeowook’s taco.

          “What are they?” Ryeowook wondered.

          “They’re um, pickles,” Yesung hesitantly said.

          “Oh okay,” the brunette replied before he took a bite out of his taco. After a few moments of chewing, Ryeowook’s eyes widened as he dropped his taco and began to fan his mouth with his hand. “Hot, it’s spicy. You made my mouth hot and my eyes water.”

          “That’s what he said,” Eunhyuk repeated before high fiving Donghae again.

          “Guys that’s not funny,” Ryeowook choked, chugging down his ice water quickly. “Yesung, that was mean; my mouth hurts now.”

          “Come here,” Yesung muttered as he leaned over and gently kissed Ryeowook’s lips. “Does that help any?”

          “A little,” Ryeowook responded.

          “Boys, how’s your dinner?” Leeteuk asked as he and Kangin walked over to them.

          “Awesome,” Yesung replied.

          “Great, well when you get done, we’ll take you guys bowling,” Kangin stated. “But no rush, Leeteuk and I will go pay for the meal.”

          When the boys had finished eating, they stood up and left with Kangin and Leeteuk, heading to the bowling alley. “Okay boys, now go and get your shoes, we’ll go get the lanes picked out,” Leeteuk instructed.

          “Guys look at these things, they look like circus shoes,” Heechul stated as he grabbed a pair that were his size.

          “They don’t match anything I have on,” Ryeowook noticed.

          “Me neither,” Sungmin agreed.

          “You guys are seriously concerned about fashion right now?” Heechul asked.

          “Of course,” Sungmin and Ryeowook said in unison.

          The boys walked over to the lanes and laced up their shoes. “Alright everyone, we need to go get our balls,” Ryeowook reminded.

          “That’s what he said,” Donghae responded as he high fived his boyfriend.

          “Guys, seriously, that’s getting old,” Ryeowook replied.

          Kyuhyun picked up an eleven pound ball with one hand and nodded. “Yeah, this one will be good.” He looked over and saw Ryeowook struggling to hold a four pound ball with both hands. “Yesung, you may wanna help your boyfriend.”

          “C’mon Ryeowook, you can go first,” Yesung suggested as he scooted the brunette to the front of the lane. “Just throw it down and hit the pins.”

          “But my ball is heavy Yesung,” Ryeowook reminded.

          “That’s what he said,” Donghae and Eunhyuk stated in unison before high fiving again.

          “Just set it down and roll it,” Yesung suggested.

          Ryeowook nodded, set the ball down, and pushed off as hard as he could. The group watched the ball roll down the lane slowly, before Heechul looked at his phone and called out “At this rate, we’ll be here until Yesung’s next birthday.”

          “I’m sorry, I’m not that strong,” Ryeowook apologized.

          “Don’t apologize sweetie, you did very well,” Leeteuk complimented.

          The boys watched as Ryeowook’s bowling ball hit a pin, and create a domino effect, knocking all of them down. “Look Yesung, I knocked them all down in one try,” Ryeowook responded as he jumped up and hugged Yesung.

          “Good job Ryeowook,” Sungmin congratulated as he clapped.  

          Heechul and Kyuhyun dropped their jaws as they saw the strike Ryeowook had just gotten. “You gotta be ing kidding me,” Heechul muttered.

          “He must know something about bowling that we don’t,” Kyuhyun said.

          “Alright let me try,” Heechul responded as he grabbed a ten pound ball and took it to the front of the lane.

          “Honey be careful and don’t hurt yourself,” Hankyung cautioned as Heechul got ready.

          The raven haired Korean slid the ball down the lane and watched as each pin except one fell down. “Motherer, okay it wants to be tough, I can play tough,” he muttered, rolling up his sleeves before grabbing the ball and trying again.

          When the boys had finished their game, and returned home, Leeteuk pulled out a cake from inside the refrigerator. “Okay, now it’s time to sing to Yesung,” he announced, as Kangin lit the candles.

          The group sang happy birthday to Yesung and watched him blow out the candles. “Man, we all sound really good singing together,” Donghae noticed.

          “Yeah, we can harmonize well,” Hankyung agreed.

          “Yeah, well why don’t we just go ahead and form a singing group,” Kyuhyun joked as he took a bite out of cake.

          “Who would listen to us sing?” Ryeowook giggled before eating his piece of cake as well.

          After eating their cake, the couples each retired to their own bedrooms. “Okay Ryeowook, do I get my present now?” Yesung asked as he sat down on his bed and motioned for Ryeowook to sit down with him.

          “I really don’t wanna do this; I want you to think I’m beautiful,” Ryeowook muttered.

          Yesung didn’t say a word, but instead stood up and walked into the bathroom; where he retrieved Ryeowook’s make-up remover, some cotton balls, and a warm, wet washcloth. He returned to his bedroom and brushed Ryeowook’s bangs out of his eyes after sitting down on his bed again. The dark haired Korean took the washcloth and slowly began to clean the foundation, powder, and light layer of blush off of Ryeowook’s cheeks, forehead, chin, jaw, and nose. Ryeowook kept his eyes closed the whole time, tucking his lips inside his mouth.

          Looking at the washcloth, Yesung saw all of the tan colored make-up on it, and wiped Ryeowook’s cheeks again until he was positive there was no more on his boyfriend’s skin. He set the washcloth down on the bedside table and took one of the cotton balls, lightly splashing some of the remover onto the cotton. Yesung held Ryeowook’s face in a hand as he gently began to remove Ryeowook’s eyeliner and mascara. As he did this, the brunette started to cry quietly. “What’s wrong, did I get some in your eyes?” Yesung wondered as he retreated his hand from Ryeowook’s face.

          The brunette opened his eyes and allowed tears to spill down his cheeks. “No, I feel so without all my stuff on. I never felt truly beautiful unless I have it all on.”

          Yesung pulled his head back and looked at his boyfriend’s natural face. His skin was so much softer, his eyes were much lighter without the eye liner around them, and he had a natural glow on his cheeks that Yesung had never seen before. Leaning forward, Yesung pressed his lips to Ryeowook’s lips before kissing each of his cheeks, then his forehead, and finally planting one on his nose. “I think this is the most beautiful I’ve ever seen you; because this is my real Ryeowook. I love you no matter what you look like. If you want to wear make-up, I’ll love you, if you don’t want to wear make-up, I’ll still love you. I just want you to be happy with yourself, and never think that you’re ugly, because you are so sweet and cute, and I get the privilege to call you my boyfriend,” Yesung explained.

          Ryeowook wrapped his arms around Yesung and laid his head on the dark haired Korean’s shoulder as Yesung ran a hand through his hair. “That means a lot to me Yesung; but I’m still going to still wear make-up,” Ryeowook decided.

          “That’s fine with me,” Yesung replied before pressing a kiss to Ryeowook’s cheek. “Just every now and then, at night, will you let me see your natural look when it’s just you and me?”

          Ryeowook smiled and laughed quietly, kissing at Yesung’s neck. “Sure, just for you,” he promised.

          “Thank you for my birthday present,” Yesung thanked, leaning his face against Ryeowook’s.

          “Was it good enough?” Ryeowook wondered.

          “It was the most beautiful gift I’ve ever gotten,” Yesung stated before he kissed Ryeowook’s lips. “I love you Ryeowookie.”

          “I love you too Yesung,” Ryeowook echoed.

          Yesung laid back down on his bed and pulled Ryeowook with him. The two wrapped their arms around one another and held each other close, as Yesung watched Ryeowook fall asleep in his arms. “Best birthday ever,” he muttered to himself as he ran a hand through his boyfriend’s hair, and smiled down at him.