Chapter 51

After a Minute

          That next Friday, the boys were in their home economics class at school, getting ready to hand their babies back to the teacher, along with their journals they had to keep and document every time the doll needed attention. “Alright, now I’m going to call up each couple one at a time to turn in your assignments,” the teacher instructed before looking down at her class list. “Heechul and Hankyung.”

          The two stood up and carried Anna and all of her things up to the front of the classroom. “Bye Anna,” Heechul whispered as he pressed a kiss to the doll’s head and handed her to the teacher.

          “Oh, I see you bought your baby lots of Frozen items,” the teacher noticed.

          “Yes, my boyfriend is a huge fan of the movie,” Hankyung replied, putting a hand on Heechul’s shoulder.

          “Well I can see you’ve taken good care of her. She’s in very good condition, well done,” the teacher stated.

          “Thank you,” Heechul responded before he and Hankyung took their seats again.

          “Donghae and Eunhyuk,” the teacher called. The couple stood up and brought Aiden to the front. “What in the world is this around the baby’s arm?”

          “Oh, it’s a sling, he kinda fell out of a swing a couple of weeks ago,” Donghae slowly explained.

          “How did he fall?” the teacher wondered.

          “Well, we were doing an experiment to see if Aiden could swing a full 360 around the bar,” Eunhyuk added.

          “And?” the teacher asked.

          “Aiden didn’t make it all the way,” Eunhyuk finished.

          “Ah, I see,” the teacher said.

          “But other than that, we took very good care of Aiden. He was always fed on time, we kept him dry, and we loved him as though he was a real baby,” Donghae promised as he held the doll close.

          “Well that’s good, although you will be deducted a few points for the injury to the doll. You two seemed to have done a good job as well,” the teacher informed.

          Donghae watched his teacher hold out her hands, signaling it was time to give Aiden back. “Donghae, we have to give him back now,” Eunhyuk whispered.

          The brunette hesitated before kissing the top of Aiden’s head. “Your daddies love you Aiden,” Donghae muttered, handing the doll to his teacher.

          “C’mon, let’s go sit down,” Eunhyuk mumbled to Donghae, leading his boyfriend back to their desk before he became more upset.

          “Ryeowook and Yesung,” the teacher called.

          “Yesung, don’t forget to get all her clothes, and her toys and everything,” Ryeowook quietly said as he stood up and carried Charlotte up to the front, while Yesung brought five bags filled with Charlotte’s clothes and toys.

          “Oh my, you seem to have taken good care of your baby,” the teacher noticed.

          “Yes, I spoiled her a little,” Ryeowook admitted.

          “A little?” Yesung asked as he looked down at all the bags.

          “Charlotte was taken very well care of,” Ryeowook promised as he handed the blanket wrapped baby to his teacher. “Now she likes this blanket, but at night she prefers her purple one, and if she starts to get fussy, we bought her this little llama that plays music when you squeeze it. The music seems to calm her down so –”

          Yesung stopped the brunette. “Ryeowook, she’s not our baby anymore. You have to let her go.”

          “Okay, just make sure she stays warm please,” Ryeowook requested quietly as he looked at the small child one more time.

          “Sungmin and Kyuhyun,” the teacher called after Ryeowook and Yesung went to go sit back down.

          Kyuhyun and Sungmin stood up and walked to the front carrying Haru. “Bye baby,” Sungmin whispered to the doll, kissing the top of its’ head, before Kyuhyun took the doll and gently handed it to the teacher. “You’ll take care of her right?”

          “Yes Sungmin, I take care of all the babies,” the teacher promised as she took the baby doll and laid it down in the box with the rest of them.

          “Kyuhyun, do you think we’ll get an A for the assignment?” Sungmin wondered as they walked back to their desk.

          “Of course Minnie, we did a really good job with Haru,” Kyuhyun replied.

          Later that evening, the boys were eating dinner with Kangin and Leeteuk when Leeteuk spoke up. “So Yesung, your birthday is coming up next week; is there anything fun you’d like to do?” he asked.

          “Not really,” Yesung replied as he continued to eat.

          “C’mon Yesung, we’ve gotta do something for your birthday, it’s your one special day,” Ryeowook said, turning to his boyfriend.

          “Is there anything you want to do that you’ve always wanted to try?” Hankyung wondered.

          “Any places you’ve never been to that you wanna visit?” Eunhyuk added.

          “I don’t know guys,” Yesung replied as he leaned back in his chair.

          “Please Yesung, I want to know how I can make that day special for you,” Ryeowook begged, shaking Yesung’s arm.

          Yesung leaned over and whispered “You make every day special for me.”

          Ryeowook blushed as Yesung pressed a light kiss to his lips. “Well thank you, but your birthday has to be extra special. And I’m sure the others wanna do something too,” Ryeowook stated.

          “Okay, there is something I’ve always wanted to do,” Yesung admitted.

          “What is it honey?” Leeteuk questioned.

          “I’ve always wanted to go bowling,” Yesung informed.

          The table was silent before Heechul asked “What?”

          “Ya know, where you roll the ball down that strip of slippery floor and –” Yesung started.

          “Yeah we know what it is dude,” Heechul responded. “You honestly wanna do that for your eighteenth birthday?”

          “Well that and try Mexican food,” Yesung added.

          “Why?” Heechul wondered.

          “I hear it’s spicy, I like hot things,” Yesung simply replied. “Take my boyfriend for example.” He looked over to see Ryeowook blushing and trying to conceal a smile.

          “So for your birthday you want Mexican food and bowling?” Heechul summarized.

          “Yep, that’s all I really want,” Yesung confirmed.

          “You are in fact a dude of simple pleasures,” Kyuhyun muttered under his breath.

          “Alright, well Yesung, I think we can do everything you want next week for your birthday,” Leeteuk promised.

          “Awesome,” Yesung replied.

          “This will be interesting,” Heechul whispered to Kyuhyun before the dark haired Korean nodded in agreement.

          That night, Sungmin sat in his room working on some homework while Kyuhyun laid on their bed and read. Kyuhyun noticed Sungmin constantly glancing over at the empty space where Haru’s crib used to be. “Minnie, you alright?” Kyuhyun asked.

          “Yeah, I’m just still expecting to look over and see Haru lying there crying for us to feed or change her,” Sungmin muttered.

          Kyuhyun closed his book and set it down on the nightstand on his side of the bed before standing up and walking over to Sungmin. He placed his hands on the blonde’s shoulders and squeezed lightly before inquiring “Are you almost done with your work?”

          “Yeah, just a couple of more problems I’ve got to do for math,” Sungmin informed.

          “Great,” Kyuhyun responded before leaning down and kissing Sungmin’s cheek. He stood behind the blonde and massaged his shoulders as Sungmin finished up his assignment.

          “There, finished,” Sungmin sighed as he closed his book and threw down his pencil.

          “Finally, now we can have that us time I promised you last week,” Kyuhyun reminded as he pulled Sungmin to his feet, only to turn his fiancé around to face him before pushing him down onto their bed gently.

          Sungmin giggled as Kyuhyun climbed on top of him and began to kiss his lips. “I’m ready for some us time,” he whispered as Kyuhyun started kissing at his neck and ing his shirt.

          Down the hall, in Yesung’s bedroom, Yesung was lying on his bed while Ryeowook sat back against the wall and asked “So what do you want me to get you for your birthday?”

          “I don’t care, get me whatever you like,” Yesung muttered.

          Ryeowook lie down on top of Yesung and looked in his eyes before responding “That’s not the answer I was looking for.”

          Yesung smirked as he ran a hand through Ryeowook’s brunette hair. “Alright, I’ll think of something,” Yesung promised.

          “It has to be something special, something you would only want me to give you,” Ryeowook stated.

          The dark haired Korean teen was quiet for a moment before looking at Ryeowook and requesting “I want to see you with all your make-up off.”

          Ryeowook dropped his jaw as his eyes widened. “What? Why would you want to see me like that?” he asked.

          “Because I wanna see what my boyfriend naturally looks like,” Yesung replied. He noticed Ryeowook’s worried face and asked “Why are you so afraid of me seeing you without it? Do you think I won’t love you after I see you like that?”

          Ryeowook nodded. “I feel without it,” he muttered.

          Yesung sat up and kissed Ryeowook’s cheek before pressing his forehead against his boyfriend’s. “You don’t have to do it in front of everyone else; you can do it just in front of me, and you never have to do it again afterwards if you don’t want to. I just want one look at your natural beauty; because I know you have lots of it.”

          The brunette smiled as he wrapped his arms around Yesung. “Okay, for your birthday I’ll do it, but one time and one time only, and you can’t tell anyone,” he requested.

          “Of course not,” Yesung agreed. “Hey, look at me.” He tilted Ryeowook’s face up to his and kissed his lips. “I love you,” he whispered.

          “I love you,” Ryeowook echoed before they laid down on the bed and kissed one another again.