Chapter 63

After a Minute

          Leeteuk opened his eyes and squinted at the clock on the bedside table, seeing it display the time 9:03 a.m. in bright blue neon. The brunette stretched and knew it was time to get up and start making breakfast for the boys. He sat up and rubbed his eyes before slipping on a tank top and some sweatpants. Leeteuk walked down to the end of the hallway, knocking on each of the boys’ bedroom doors. “Guys, breakfast will be ready soon,” he called.

          After hearing his sons and their boyfriends groan awake, Leeteuk headed downstairs and began to cook. Moments later, the teenage Koreans dragged themselves into the kitchen and slumped down at their spots at the dining table. “Why does morning have to happen?” Heechul groaned as he leaned his head against Hankyung’s shoulder.

          “Hey, at least we only have another week until Christmas break,” Donghae reminded. He then felt something hard bang against his arm before looking over to see Eunhyuk had fallen back asleep against him. “And trust me, this one really needs to catch up on his sleep,” Donghae added before running a hand through the blonde’s messy hair. “Eunhyuk, babe wake up.”

          Eunhyuk opened his eyes and asked “Donghae, when’d we get in the kitchen?”

          “A few minutes ago,” Donghae informed.

          “Oh, okay, I need juice,” Eunhyuk mumbled as he stood up and walked over to the fridge.

          “Hey, where’s Ryeowook at Yesung?” Hankyung wondered, noticing the brunette was missing.

          “He’s upstairs putting his makeup on; he’s got work today,” Yesung said.

          “Does he at least not want to eat breakfast first?” Kyuhyun asked.

          “No, he likes to keep to his schedule; first fifteen minutes to pick out something to wear, then an hour to fix his hair and makeup, and finally ten minutes to eat,” Yesung explained.

          “Man, that’s a long time to get ready,” Eunhyuk stated as he sat back down at the table before passing the juice around to the others.

          “Yeah, but he likes it. Wearing makeup gives Ryeowook confidence, plus it makes him look so freaking adorable,” Yesung replied.

          “Okay boys, who wants eggs?” Leeteuk inquired from over at the stove.

          “I do,” Donghae, Eunhyuk, Kyuhyun, Hankyung, and Yesung said in unison.

          “Yesung, will Ryeowook want any?” Leeteuk asked.

          “No, he’ll just want fruit,” Yesung responded.

          “Alright, the rest of you want fruit as well?” Leeteuk wondered, watching the rest of the teenagers nod in agreement.

          As Leeteuk cut up some fruit for the boys, he felt arms wrap around his waist from someone behind him. “Good morning angel,” Kangin whispered, pressing a kiss against the back of Leeteuk’s neck.

          “Morning love,” Leeteuk echoed with a smile.

          “Have I ever told you that you look so y when you cook?” Kangin muttered, gently pulling down one of Leeteuk’s tank top straps as he started lightly kissing at his spouse’s shoulder.

          Leeteuk giggled as he felt his husband kiss him before turning around to face Kangin. “Well thank you,” Leeteuk whispered back as Kangin wrapped his arms around Leeteuk’s waist and began kissing and playfully biting his neck. “Oh this reminds me of our honeymoon.”

          “Yeah, and if you strip for me right now, it’ll really remind us of our honeymoon,” Kangin joked as he kissed Leeteuk’s cheek while the brunette laughed.

          “Um, did you guys forget that we are still in the room?” Heechul wondered from over at the table as the teenage Koreans watched the scene before them.

          Kangin pulled away from Leeteuk as the brunette parent adjusted his tank top and apologized “I’m sorry Heechul, sometimes parents have moments of weakness.”

          “Donghae, can we go have a moment?” Eunhyuk requested.

          “What, now?” Donghae questioned.

          “Yeah,” Eunhyuk confirmed before leaning closer to Donghae and whispering “That kinda got me excited a little.”

          “When are you ever not excited?” Donghae joked. “I swear you only have three moods; hungry, hyper, or .”

          “Hey on a good day I’m at least two of three,” Eunhyuk reminded before kissing Donghae’s cheek again.

          “Just drink your juice babe,” Donghae said, sliding his boyfriend’s cup closer to him.

          Ryeowook walked into the kitchen and greeted “Morning all.”

          “Hey Ryeowook,” the others replied as the brunette sat down at the table next to Yesung.

          “Good morning baby,” Ryeowook whispered to Yesung as he lightly pecked the side of his face.

          “Morning beautiful,” Yesung responded, making Ryeowook blush a little. “You look really cute today.”

          Ryeowook giggled and said “Thank you Yesung.”

          As Leeteuk served the teenage Koreans their breakfast, he asked “So Ryeowook, how’re you liking your job at the mini golf course?”

          “It’s nice, I get to be a cashier and if anyone has any troubles out on the golf course, I get to go assist them,” Ryeowook informed as he ate his fruit.

          “What do you mean troubles? What kind of troubles does one get into on a mini golf course?” Kyuhyun wondered.

          “Well most of the time it’s just like balls getting stuck inside the holes,” Ryeowook said.

          “That’s what he said,” Donghae muttered before he and Eunhyuk laughed.

          “Guys, seriously? It’s too early for that,” Ryeowook scolded. “But really though, you guys should come play sometime; everyone that plays has a really good time.”

          “That doesn’t sound like a bad idea,” Yesung agreed.

          Looking at his phone, Ryeowook noticed the time and quickly stood up. “I’ve gotta go or else I’ll be late.” The brunette leaned down and kissed Yesung’s cheek. “I’ll see you tonight sweetie.” He then looked over at his friends and waved. “Bye guys, see you later.”

          “Bye Ryeowook,” the rest of the Korean teenagers called as their friend left the house.

          “Guys, I think we should go visit Ryeowook at work today,” Yesung suggested.

          “Oh c’mon dude, that’s like an hour and a half of our lives wasted,” Heechul groaned as he pushed food around his plate.

          “Hey if it was your boyfriend that worked there, you’d want us to support him,” Yesung challenged.

          Heechul gazed over at Hankyung and saw his boyfriend nod. “He’s got a point babe,” Hankyung agreed.

          “I think it sounds like fun, even though I’ve never played it before,” Sungmin replied.

          “Don’t worry Minnie, it’s very simple, and I’ll help you,” Kyuhyun said, rubbing his fiancé’s arm.

          “Mom, dad, can we go play mini golf today?” Yesung requested, turning to look at his adoptive parents.

          “Sure boys, just try not to bother Ryeowook too much since he’ll be working,” Leeteuk reminded.

          “Ooh, that means we’ll have the house all to ourselves for a couple of hours,” Kangin whispered as he walked up behind Leeteuk and hugged his waist tightly, placing a kiss against his neck.

          Leeteuk giggled before saying “Good, then we’ll have some peace while I do the laundry and you mow the backyard like you promised me you’d do last week.” Kangin groaned and leaned his head against the back of Leeteuk’s neck as he remembered his chore. The brunette parent turned and muttered into his husband’s ear “But if you want, when you get through mowing, I’ll help you clean up.”

          Kangin’s eyes widened before he pressed a kiss to Leeteuk’s lips and responded “In that case, I’ll get started right now.” Kangin looked at the boys and said “Just be safe and try to be home before dinner. You guys have school tomorrow.”

          “Got it,” Yesung promised.

          Kangin leaned down and whispered to Leeteuk “And I hope you were serious about wanting to help me clean up when I’m done.” After seeing his spouse smile and nod, Kangin playfully smacked Leeteuk’s backside before saying “Best wife ever.” Leeteuk giggled as Kangin headed towards the garage to retrieve the lawnmower.

          “Seriously, we’re trying to eat here,” Heechul reminded as he watched his parents play around in front of him and the others.

          “Sorry honey, we got caught up in a moment,” Leeteuk apologized, as he began to fix himself a cup of coffee.

          “I think they’re cute,” Sungmin said to his brother.

          “Yeah they are, just put it on pause while we eat please, it’s weird watching your parents act like that and attempt to keep food down,” Heechul murmured before sipping his drink.

          After breakfast was over, the teenage Koreans changed clothes and headed to the mini golf course where Ryeowook worked. “Okay guys, now remember, Leeteuk said we can’t make a scene while we’re here,” Yesung informed as they walked towards the entrance.

          “C’mon dude, when have we ever made a scene?” Eunhyuk asked.

          “There’s not enough time in the day to list the number of times you and Donghae have,” Heechul muttered.

          “Be nice baby,” Hankyung whispered, locking arms with his boyfriend.

          Inside the mini golf course main entrance building, Ryeowook stood at the cash register as his boss stood next to him. “I think you’re finally ready to run the front by yourself while I work on some finances in the back. Can you handle that Ryeowook?” the boss asked.

          “Yes sir, what’s the worst that can happen?” Ryeowook joked.

          “Excellent,” the boss responded, placing a hand on Ryeowook’s back, rubbing up and down slowly. “Just come get me if you need any assistance.”

          When the boss man left towards his back office, Ryeowook leaned against the counter and exhaled before watching the front door open up and all of his friends and boyfriend walk in. “Yesungie!” Ryeowook cheered as he ran out from behind the counter and hugged his boyfriend.

          “Hey Ryeowookie, we came to play,” Yesung said, wrapping his arms around his brunette boyfriend lightly.

          “Wow, all of you?” Ryeowook asked, glancing back at the others.

          “Yeah, we thought we’d try it out,” Sungmin stated.

          “Oh awesome,” Ryeowook responded, clapping his hands together and heading back behind the cash register counter.

          “So what do we do first?” Sungmin wondered.

          “Well first you guys pay for a round and then you can pick out which club and ball you want to use,” Ryeowook explained.

          Sungmin looked over at the many colored golf balls that were available and picked up a hot pink one. “Kyuhyun, Kyuhyun I wanna use this one,” he said.

          Kyuhyun smirked. “Okay Minnie, you can use that one,” he agreed. The dark haired Korean chose a light purple ball from the pile. “I’m gonna use this one.”

          Donghae and Eunhyuk chose red and yellow golf balls, Heechul chose a sapphire blue one, Yesung chose green, and Hankyung picked an orange one before they lie their choices up on the countertop so Ryeowook could ring them up to pay for. “Okay, now that I’ve counted up all the balls –” Ryeowook started.

          “That’s what he said,” Donghae muttered under his breath as Eunhyuk giggled and discreetly high fived his boyfriend.

          “As I was saying,” Ryeowook said, brushing his bangs out of his face. “Now that everything has been counted up, just pay five dollars each, then pick out your golf clubs, and head out that door towards the golf course.”

          After paying Ryeowook and selecting their clubs, the boys started to head out to the golf course. “You gonna join us?” Yesung wondered as he looked over at Ryeowook.

          “No silly, I have to work, but if you guys need me, just call for me,” Ryeowook replied. He leaned forward and placed a kiss on Yesung’s lips before adding “Have fun.”

          “I’ll try,” Yesung responded before walking out the door to join his brothers and friends. Not two seconds after Yesung closed the door, did the black haired Korean walk back in and ask “Could you help us?”

          “What’s wrong?” Ryeowook inquired. “You haven’t even been gone a minute.”

          “You may need to supervise, you know how competitive we all can get,” Yesung advised.

          “Oh yeah, I didn’t think about that,” Ryeowook realized.

          Yesung reached over and grabbed Ryeowook’s hand. “Great, that means you’re coming with us,” he said, pulling his boyfriend out to the golf course with the others. “Okay, have we decided who’s going first?”

          “Well currently Donghae and Eunhyuk are wrestling over who’s going to go first,” Kyuhyun informed as he, Sungmin, Hankyung, and Heechul stood there watching Donghae and Eunhyuk wrestle across the fake green grass.

          “Guys, stop making a mess with each other,” Ryeowook barked as he tried to untangle the couple from one another.

          Donghae and Eunhyuk paused a moment to look up at Ryeowook and say in unison “That’s what he said.”

          Ryeowook threw his hands up as he stepped back. “It’s hopeless, they just want to stand there and make jokes about homoual .”

          “ this, I’m playing around them,” Heechul stated, dropping his golf ball down. “Hey, move es, I’m up first.” Heechul shoved the couple aside as he hit the golf ball towards the hole.

          The ball rolled down the turf and landed just inches in front of the hole. “That was a good try babe,” Hankyung encouraged.

          “Motherer,” Heechul spat under his breath. “First the bowling incident and now golf; the sports god must hate me or something.” The raven haired Korean pulled the putter back like he was going to chuck it across the course, before Ryeowook grabbed his arm.

          “No Heechul, you can’t throw that, I’ll get in trouble if you break something or hit someone,” Ryeowook reminded.

          Sighing, Heechul showed Ryeowook the putter and replied “Fine, but mentally, I’ve already thrown this into the parking lot.”

          “Kyuhyun, can I go next?” Sungmin requested.

          “Yes baby, you can go next,” Kyuhyun confirmed. “Want me to help you?”

          “Yes please,” Sungmin whispered.

          “Okay just stand like this,” Kyuhyun said as he positioned Sungmin perfectly and helped him grip the putter in his hands. “Now just gently tap it.”

          The blonde Korean teen did as his fiancé showed him, and watched the hot pink ball travel down the turf, bounce off the back wall, and go into the hold. “Oh my god Kyuhyun, I did it,” Sungmin squealed as he jumped up and down.

          Heechul dropped his jaw and leaned his head against Hankyung’s head. “Yep it’s official, the sports god hates me,” he muttered. Looking down at Donghae and Eunhyuk, Heechul playfully kicked the couple and said “C’mon losers, it’s your turn.”

          The brunette and blonde couple stood up. “Donghae, why don’t you go ahead and go,” Ryeowook suggested.

          “Okay,” Donghae agreed. The brunette set his red ball down on the green and positioned himself in the proper stance. He took a couple of practice swings, then rolled his head to pop his neck muscles, cracked his knuckles, and finally tried to stand on the other side of the ball to see if he could angle it better.

          “Oh would you just hit it already?!” Heechul yelled, obviously fed up with Donghae’s stalling.

          “Sorry dude, I was just preparing myself,” Donghae said as he hit the ball.

          “That’s what you said last night,” Eunhyuk mumbled before he and Donghae laughed as they looked at one another.

          Heechul inhaled sharply and turned to the blonde. “I swear to god, you two are ing idiots,” he said.

          “That’s why their dynamic works so well, they fed off each other,” Hankyung reminded.

          “In more ways than one if you know what I mean,” Eunhyuk joked as he playfully slapped Heechul’s arm.

          “Are they embarrassing you?” Yesung asked Ryeowook, noticing his boyfriend had his face buried in a hand.

          “Yes, but at least they’re not doing it in front of my boss,” Ryeowook responded. “Look, I’ve gotta go work the front desk, so don’t come get me unless it’s an emergancy, okay?”

          “You got it,” Yesung replied before giving Ryeowook a kiss on the lips, watching his boyfriend head back inside.

          After sixteen more holes of golf, and a plethora of Donghae and Eunhyuk’s jokes later, the boys had reached their final eighteenth hole. “Okay, all comes down to this,” Heechul muttered to himself as he mentally prepared to make his final attempt at a hole in one. The raven haired Korean focused and hit the ball towards the hole, holding his breath the entire duration of the ball’s travel. Finally, Heechul watched as the ball swiftly fell into the hole after only one hit. “Yes, yes I finally got it!” he shouted before turning to the group. “ all of you, I am amazing!”

          “You know, you gotta admire his determination,” Kyuhyun whispered to Hankyung before the dirty blonde nodded in agreement.

          When they’d finished playing, the teenagers returned their putters to Ryeowook as Sungmin asked “Ryeowook, how come we didn’t get our balls back after they went into the last hole?”

          Quickly, Kyuhyun turned to Donghae and Eunhyuk and muttered “If either of you make my sweet fiancé’s statement into a goddamn joke, I will kick both your asses.” Almost as rapidly as they opened their mouths, Donghae and Eunhyuk shut them again. “That’s what I thought,” Kyuhyun added, draping an arm over Sungmin’s shoulders.

          “Well Sungmin, they automatically come back in here so they can be cleaned and put on display. It just makes it easier for the golfers,” Ryeowook explained to his friend.

          “Oh okay I see,” Sungmin replied.

          “Thanks for coming to play guys,” Ryeowook said as his friends started to leave.

          As the others said goodbye to Ryeowook, Yesung leaned against the counter and kissed his brunette boyfriend. “You’ll be over after work right?”

          “Of course,” Ryeowook promised. “Tonight we should probably do some studying; we have winter finals next week.” Yesung groaned and pressed his head against Ryeowook’s. “Don’t worry baby, I’ll help you remember everything.”

          “That’s why you’re the smart one,” Yesung muttered before giving Ryeowook a final peck on the lips. “See you later, love you Ryeowookie.”

          “Love you too,” Ryeowook responded as a blush crept up over his cheeks.

          Later that night, Donghae and Eunhyuk were getting ready for bed in their shared room. “Did you have fun today?” Eunhyuk asked as he slipped his shirt off.

          “Yeah, then again, I always have fun when I’m with you,” Donghae replied as he took his own shirt and lay down on the bed. Eunhyuk smirked as he lie down on top of Donghae and began to kiss his boyfriend’s lips and wrap his arms around Donghae’s torso as the brunette ran his hands up Eunhyuk’s back.

          Before the two could get any more intimate, Eunhyuk’s cell phone began to ring and vibrate against the bedside table. “Dammit, it never seems to fail,” Eunhyuk grumbled as he climbed off of Donghae and threw his legs over the side of the bed. He picked up his phone and asked “Hello?”

          “Hello Hyukjae,” Min stated from the other side of the line.

          Eunhyuk’s jaw dropped open and his heart started pounding. “Hey mom,” he whispered.

          Immediately, Donghae sat up and placed a hand on Eunhyuk’s back. “Are you still living with your boyfriend?” Min wondered.

          “Yes,” Eunhyuk confirmed, looking over at Donghae.

          “Hyukjae, I’d like you to come over to the house sometime this week so you and I can talk,” Min requested.

          “Will dad be there?” Eunhyuk inquired.

          “No, we’ll talk before he gets home from work,” Min said. “I just want to see and talk to you, if that’s alright.”

          “Yeah, that’s fine,” Eunhyuk managed to spit out. “Can Donghae come with me?”

          After a brief moment of silence, Min replied “I think it’d be best if just you came over sweetheart.”

          Sighing, Eunhyuk mumbled “Okay.”

          “I’ll see you sometime this week Hyukjae, love you,” Min remarked before hanging up.

          “What was all that about babe?” Donghae wondered, rubbing Eunhyuk’s back.

          “My mom wants to meet with me and talk,” Eunhyuk informed.

          “Really? So she doesn’t talk to you for over a year, and then just calls out of the blue to want to talk?” Donghae asked.

          “I guess so,” Eunhyuk replied. “I don’t know what about though; she also wants only me to come over.”

          “Guess your parents still haven’t warmed up to me,” Donghae muttered before kissing at Eunhyuk’s neck.

          “I don’t wanna think about them right now, I’ll worry about it tomorrow; right now I just wanna be with my boyfriend,” Eunhyuk whispered, running his hands up Donghae’s chest as the brunette gently lie him down on the bed and kept kissing at Eunhyuk’s neck, as the blonde buried his hands in Donghae’s hair and exhaled with a feeling of momentary bliss.