Chapter 46

After a Minute

          Kangin sat down at a bar and ordered a bottle of beer. It’d been years since he had drank anything, but the minute the alcohol touched his tongue, Kangin realized how much he’d missed the taste. He drank down a whole bottle quickly before ordering another. Kangin knew that he was in the wrong for yelling at Leeteuk the way he did, and for now, he wanted to drown his stress and sadness in some beer.

          Leeteuk worriedly went around Seoul, searching for Kangin. He figured that his spouse had probably gone somewhere to get something to drink. Finally, Leeteuk walked into the bar where Kangin was, and slowly walked up to him. “Hi,” Leeteuk whispered as he took a seat at the bar.

          “Hey,” Kangin muttered before taking another drink.

          “What are you doing here? Why are you drinking?” Leeteuk wondered as he looked at the empty beer bottles around Kangin.

          “I’m entitled to have alcohol, I am of legal age you know,” Kangin spat before slamming the bottle down on the counter. He then saw how upset Leeteuk had truly become. “I made you cry, didn’t I?”

          “Yes,” Leeteuk replied quietly as he lowered his head. “You hurt me Kangin.”

          The man turned his full attention to Leeteuk when he heard those words. This was the worst possible thing he could ever hear his spouse say, especially knowing his past. “Leeteuk, baby look at me,” Kangin whispered as he placed his hands on Leeteuk’s face and raised it to face his own. Kangin gently ran his thumbs over his spouse’s cheeks, brushing the tears away. “I’m so sorry that I yelled at you; I snapped and wasn’t thinking, you know I would never intentionally mean to hurt you. You are my world, and I love you more than anything, the last thing I want you to do is feel hurt, especially by me, and I was an idiot for snapping like I did.”

          Leeteuk allowed a few more tears to slip from his eyes as Kangin placed a kiss on his forehead. “Can we go home now?” Leeteuk requested.

          “Yes of course, let me run to the restroom really fast, then we can go,” Kangin agreed as he stood up. He kissed Leeteuk’s forehead again before walking away. Leeteuk dried his eyes as he sighed and smiled, he was so happy that they had made up.

          As Leeteuk sat at the counter and awaited Kangin’s return, two men approached him. One sat down next to him, and the other stood on the opposite side of Leeteuk. “Hello there,” one muttered.

          “Oh hi,” Leeteuk replied.

          “What’s a pretty little thing like you doing here all by yourself?” the other wondered as he placed a hand on Leeteuk’s back.

          Leeteuk gasped before informing “I’m not alone, I’m here with someone.”

          “I don’t see them anywhere,” one said, looking around the bar.

          “Please just leave me be,” Leeteuk asked, refusing to make eye contact with either person. Leeteuk knew that these men were more than likely drunk and trying to pick up anyone they could.

          “C’mon, why don’t we take you back to our place? We’ll treat you real good,” one of the men suggested as he grabbed Leeteuk’s arm.

          The brunette pushed the man back and stated “Don’t put your hands on me, I’m not going anywhere with you two.”

          Suddenly, one of them grabbed an empty beer bottle by the neck and smashed it against the counter, before aiming the sharp, ridged glass at Leeteuk. “You little , you think you can just say no to us?” he demanded as his friend grabbed both of Leeteuk’s arms.

          “Stop it, let me go!” Leeteuk yelled as he struggled against the man holding him momentarily captive.

          Luckily, Kangin was walking out of the restroom when he heard Leeteuk scream. “Hey, hey, hey,” he called as he rushed over and pulled one of the men off of Leeteuk. “What the do you think you’re doing, touching my husband like that?”

          “This belongs to you?” the man holding the bottle neck asked.

          “He is not a , he is my husband, and you have no right putting your hands on him,” Kangin growled as he placed himself in-between the man and Leeteuk.

          “And just what the are you going to do about it?” one of them questioned before slashing at Kangin with the broken bottle.

          Kangin managed to dodge the blow, and shield Leeteuk from this man’s drunken flailing. He took the chance and punched the man in his face, knocking him back several feet before the man retaliated and punched Kangin in the jaw. Kangin didn’t see the other man grab Leeteuk from the back and begin to pull him towards the door. “No, no let me go!” Leeteuk screamed.

          “Leeteuk!” Kangin yelled as he turned his head towards his spouse. Kangin didn’t see the first man slash at him again with the bottle. The glass lacerated his torso, tearing through his shirt and creating a gash on his chest. Kangin screamed in pain, but was now more worried about Leeteuk than himself. He punched the man once more until he lay on the floor unconscious, before hurrying after Leeteuk. Kangin grabbed the man who held his husband trapped and slammed him against the wall, punching him while shouting “Don’t ever touch him again!” To finish it off, Kangin picked up a glass mug on the table and slammed it over the man’s head.

          The dark haired Korean began to pant and groan as he began to feel the pain in his chest even more. “Kangin,” Leeteuk muttered as he approached his husband. When he saw the blood seeping through Kangin’s shirt, Leeteuk whispered “Oh my God, c’mon, we need to get home and get it fixed.”

          When the couple returned home, they hurried upstairs to their bedroom. Kangin sat down on the edge of the bed while Leeteuk ran to retrieve the first aid kit. The brunette sat down next to Kangin and helped him take off his blood soaked shirt slowly. Leeteuk gazed at the wound on Kangin’s chest as he gently applied some medicine to the gash. His husband winced in pain, causing Leeteuk to pull away for a few moments before continuing. After applying the medicine, Leeteuk wrapped fresh gauze around the wound before finally breaking down into tears. “Love, why are you crying?” Kangin murmured as he touched Leeteuk’s back.

          “It’s my fault you got hurt,” Leeteuk sobbed as he laid his head on Kangin’s shoulder.

          “No, no baby it’s not your fault at all,” Kangin assured as he wrapped his arms around Leeteuk. “No matter what happens to me, it is my job as your husband to keep you safe. I should’ve never stormed out like it did, then none of this would’ve happened.”

          Leeteuk gently ran his fingers over the gauze on his husband’s chest. “You had every right to be mad at me. I made a big financial decision without discussing it with you first. I don’t want you to think that I take you for granted because I don’t,” Leeteuk muttered.

          “I don’t think that at all Leeteuk. We’ve hit rock bottom before and turned out okay; if it happens again, we’ll pick ourselves right back up and keep going,” Kangin promised.

          “I’ll start cutting back on what I get for the boys, they need to learn how to manage money anyways,” Leeteuk said as Kangin ran a hand through his hair.

          “I agree with you,” Kangin replied before kissing Leeteuk’s forehead.

          “I’m so sorry you got hurt tonight,” Leeteuk repeated as he leaned his head against Kangin’s chest gently.

          “It’s okay honey, at least it got on me and not on you; I can’t stand to see you hurt in any way,” Kangin responded.

          “I don’t want you to get hurt either. I got really scared tonight. I thought those men were going to take us away from each other,” Leeteuk muttered.

          “That will never happen. I will die before someone steals you away from me.” Kangin tilted Leeteuk’s face up to his and kissed his lips after saying “I love you Leeteuk, I’ll always love you, no matter what stupid things may sometimes come out of my mouth.”

          “I love you too Kangin,” Leeteuk echoed as they pressed their foreheads together and felt tears begin to fall from his eyes.

          Kangin started to kiss Leeteuk’s lips again, while running his hands down Leeteuk’s back slowly. Leeteuk closed his eyes and breathed quietly as Kangin slipped his husband’s shirt off over his head, and pressed kisses repeatedly on his shoulder. He nudged his face against Leeteuk’s neck before placing a kiss there as well. Kangin wrapped his arms lovingly around Leeteuk and pulled him closer as they lay down in bed together. Leeteuk hugged his husband close as he felt Kangin continue to kiss his face. The dark haired Korean moved his lips to kiss away the tears that fell from his husband’s eyes and stained his cheeks. He ran his hands up and down Leeteuk’s sides slowly as the brunette gasped quietly. “I love you,” Kangin repeated as he grazed his fingers over Leeteuk’s shoulder and placed a kiss on his cheek.

          “I love you more,” Leeteuk whispered as he buried his face in Kangin’s neck, felt his spouse pull him closer, and hold him lovingly in his protective arms.