Chapter 12

After a Minute

          Days later, while in class, Sungmin took out a piece of paper and wrote a message on it for Kyuhyun. Sungmin was nervous about using his cell phone in class, not wanting to get caught, so he thought he would write his boyfriend a letter. He tossed it over onto Kyuhyun’s desk, and watched as he opened it up.

          Sungmin: Hey, I thought we could write notes back and forth. I think it’s cute when couples do that

          Kyuhyun smiled as the teen wrote back to Sungmin.

          Kyuhyun: Lol, yeah it is cute, but it’s only cute when I do it with you

          The dark haired Korean teenager gently threw the note back to Sungmin. He opened it up and blushed as he read the note.

          Sungmin: Aww, you’re so sweet to me Kyuhyun! Do you wanna come over after school so we can, ya know . . . kiss and stuff?

          Kyuhyun: Sure, I’ll come over, but only if you come over to the tree so I kiss you goodbye

          Sungmin: Alright I will

          Kyuhyun: Well the bell’s about to ring, so I’ll see you later. Love you Minnie

          Sungmin: I love you too Kyuhyun

          As the bell rang, Sungmin packed up his bag and headed out of the room. Walking down the hall, Sungmin didn’t notice the note between him and Kyuhyun fall out of his pocket and onto the floor. Unfortunately, Sungmin didn’t see Henry walk over and pick up the note. “Hmm, what’s this?” Henry wondered. Opening it up, Henry read the note and gasped. “Oh my God, no way, Shindong’s gotta see this.”

          Meanwhile, in another part of the school, Heechul and Hankyung had just gotten out of class, and were holding hands as they walked down to Hankyung’s locker. “Where are you headed next?” Heechul asked.

          “Math class, then luckily we’ll be done for the day,” Hankyung replied. “What about you?”

          “History, so I’ll probably be taking a nap for the next hour and a half,” Heechul informed.

          “Heechul, you promised me you’d try to pay better attention in class,” Hankyung reminded.

          “Yeah, yeah,” Heechul muttered before Hankyung smirked and placed a kiss gently on his boyfriend’s lips.

          “Now be good in class, and I’ll see you later,” Hankyung said with a smile before Heechul headed to his class.

          As Hankyung finished up at his locker, he heard someone say “Hi Hankyung.”

          Turning to the voice, Hankyung saw none other than his ex-boyfriend Siwon. “Hey, what’s up, long time no see,” Hankyung replied with a nervous grin.

          “I saw that you’ve got a new boyfriend now,” Siwon stated. “Who is he?”

          “His name is Heechul; he’s new this year, and he’s very sweet,” Hankyung explained.

          “Sweeter than me?” Siwon asked quietly as he lightly ran a hand down Hankyung’s back.

          Shivering at the touch, Hankyung backed up and said “Siwon, we’re not together anymore, so it shouldn’t matter.”

          “I want you back Hankyung, I miss you,” Siwon pleaded.

          “No Siwon, no I’m with Heechul now, and I’m very happy with him,” Hankyung responded.

          “Do you love him?” Siwon wondered.

          “Yes, I love Heechul, and I’m not going to let anyone ruin our relationship, especially not you. I’m asking you from one man to another; stay away from my boyfriend and please do not talk to him. He doesn’t need any more stress,” Hankyung requested. Siwon watched as Hankyung walked away before sighing.

          That day after school was let out, Sungmin smiled and hurried over to the tree he usually met Kyuhyun at and waited for his boyfriend. When Kyuhyun arrived, he said “Hey.”

          “Hi Kyuhyun,” Sungmin whispered as Kyuhyun took his hands and leaned their heads together.

          From behind a nearby bush, Shindong and Henry peeked out and watched Kyuhyun being sweet to Sungmin. “Dude, what the hell is Kyuhyun doing?” Shindong wondered quietly as they witnessed Kyuhyun Sungmin’s face.

          “I don’t know, this is so unlike him,” Henry agreed.

          The two quietly gasped and covered their mouths as they watched Kyuhyun gently kiss Sungmin’s lips and wrap his arms around the blonde’s waist. “No ing way,” Shindong muttered.

          “Kyuhyun’s gay?” Henry questioned while watching the boyfriends kiss.

          “No wonder he kept acting weird when the blonde was around. He’s got a ing for him,” Shindong said.

          As Kyuhyun and Sungmin finished kissing, Kyuhyun whispered “I’ll come over later. Be safe Minnie, I love you.”

          “I love you too Kyuhyun; text me when you’re on your way,” Sungmin replied. His boyfriend smiled and kissed his nose before they went their separate ways.

          “Dude, I can’t look at Kyuhyun the same anymore, all I see now is him kissing the blonde,” Shindong said as they stepped out from behind the bush.

          “I know, that little blonde has turned our tough, badass friend into a damn fairy kisser,” Henry agreed. “I wish we could get the old Kyuhyun back.”

          “Maybe we can,” Shindong suggested.

          “How?” Henry wondered.

          “We get Sungmin alone and teach him what happens when he messes with one of us,” Shindong said.

          “Yeah, that sounds like a good idea,” Henry responded as the two grew evil grins.

          Meanwhile, Donghae had gone home with Eunhyuk so they could work on homework and hang out for a little while. The two hopped off the motorcycle and pulled off their helmets before kissing one another in Eunhyuk’s driveway. “So how was your day?” Eunhyuk asked as he slid his arms around Donghae’s waist.

          “Really good, how was yours?” Donghae wondered as he ran a hand through Eunhyuk’s hair.

          “It was alright, but I’m glad that we can spend a few hours together tonight. Your parents don’t care that you come over here a lot?” Eunhyuk inquired.

          “No, they don’t mind. They know we’re in a relationship and support us; Leeteuk and Kangin want us to be happy together,” Donghae explained.

          Eunhyuk smiled and kissed his boyfriend. “Well at least your parents are supportive,” Eunhyuk muttered.

          “Are yours not?” Donghae asked.

          The blonde lowered his gaze. “They would kill me if they found out I was gay,” Eunhyuk said.

          “Then why are we together? I don’t wanna get you in trouble,” Donghae replied.

          “As long as they don’t find out before I turn eighteen, we’ll be okay. I love you Donghae and I want to be with you,” Eunhyuk promised.

          “I love you too Eunhyuk,” Donghae responded as he kissed his boyfriend.

          Eunhyuk took his hand and led him to the front door. “Hey, as long as they don’t come back before April, everything will be okay. Now let’s get inside and enjoy the rest of our night,” he suggested.

          The two opened up the door and walked inside, but stopped suddenly, as Eunhyuk gasped and quickly dropped Donghae’s hand as his jaw fell open. Looking in the living room, Eunhyuk felt his heart pound. “Mom, dad, you’re home early,” Eunhyuk muttered, as Donghae discreetly placed a hand on his surprised boyfriend’s back.