Chapter 34

After a Minute

          Sungmin was released from the hospital the next day, and after talking to Kyuhyun, he felt much better, and promised his brothers and friends he would never try something like that again. Although he finally had the strength to go back to school, Sungmin had reverted back to his silence, barely talking. Instead, Hankyung suggested he write down his thoughts and ideas in a notebook, and Sungmin took the idea to heart and was now constantly writing in his notebook.

          Now that it was getting warmer, Donghae kept having the need to get back in the water and start swimming again. “We could go swim at my house,” Eunhyuk offered.

          “But your parents –” Donghae started.

          “I checked my calendar; they left for their annual trip around the world again, so the house is empty. We can go and swim and my parents won’t know,” Eunhyuk informed.

          “Oh sweet,” Donghae said. “We can go after school.”

          While at school that day, in Sungmin’s class, the blonde noticed someone new was sitting in Kyuhyun’s old spot. He approached the boy and looked down at him, clenching his notebook close to his chest. “Can I help you?” the teenager asked.

          The blonde pointed at him and muttered “Not Kyuhyun.”

          “Excuse me?” he asked.

          “You’re not Kyuhyun,” Sungmin growled as he glared at the dark haired teen.

          “Minnie, Minnie calm down, it’s okay,” Donghae said quickly as he walked in and led his brother away.

          “Kyuhyun’s spot,” Sungmin whispered as he looked at his older brother.

          “I know Sungmin, but other people have to sit there,” he reminded. “Go meet the others for lunch; I’ll be there in a second.” After Sungmin left, Donghae walked back over to the boy his brother had growled at. “Hey man sorry about that, that’s where my brother’s boyfriend sat before he transferred,” Donghae apologized. 

          “It’s okay, I didn’t know it was that important to your brother,” the teen responded.

          “You new here, I don’t think I’ve seen you before?” Donghae wondered.

          “Yeah, I recently transferred here as well; I’m Kibum,” the teen introduced.

          “I’m Donghae,” the brunette replied. “Well I’ll see you around, I’ve gotta go find my boyfriend.”

          “You’re gay?” Kibum asked.

          “Yeah, is that a problem?” Donghae inquired.

          “No, I’m gay also, just haven’t really come out to a lot of people yet,” Kibum informed.

          “Yeah my boyfriend was the same way, but now he’s out and happy,” Donghae said. He gently hit Kibum’s shoulder. “I’ll see ya later.”

          Kibum watched Donghae walk away before being approached by Joo Li. “So cousin, how do you like it here?” she asked.

          “I wanna know more about him,” Kibum said as he pointed to Donghae walking down the hall.

          “Oh, Donghae, he’s the boy who turned the star basketball player gay. I caught them trying to have one night, totally gross,” Joo Li explained as she crossed her arms.

          “He’s really cute,” Kibum whispered. 

          “Well good luck trying to get him away from Eunhyuk. Those two are basically joined at the hip,” Joo Li replied.

          Kibum let a smile grow on his lips. “I don’t care, I want Donghae,” he said quietly.

          Later that day after school, Donghae and Eunhyuk drove over to Eunhyuk’s house and found that it was in fact empty. As the two walked up to the front door, they didn’t notice that across the street, someone was discreetly taking pictures of the couple.

          “This is great,” Donghae said as they walked inside and shut the door.

          “Yeah, we have a house all to ourselves,” Eunhyuk muttered as he wrapped his arms around his boyfriend and kissed him, while unknowing to them, someone photographed them kissing.

          “Hey now, let’s go swim first, then we can play some more,” Donghae promised as he smiled and placed his hands on Eunhyuk’s hips. “And you can be as loud as you want.”

          “Hey since we’re alone, wanna try skinny dipping?” Eunhyuk suggested seductively.

          “Ooh, I like the way you think,” Donghae agreed as the two headed to the backyard.

          While Donghae stripped, he didn’t notice that someone was taking more pictures of him. Every action the brunette did, the camera would capture without Donghae’s knowledge. “C’mon, take it off,” the photographer muttered.

          Before Donghae stripped completely, Eunhyuk put his hands on his waistband. “Why don’t we strip each other underwater?” he asked.

          “That’s a good idea,” Donghae agreed before the two jumped into the cold water. “Whoa, now that’s a big rush.”

          “What’d you expect, it’s mid-April,” Eunhyuk reminded. “Want me to warm you up?”

          The blonde pulled his boyfriend closer and kissed his wet lips. “Just one more picture,” the photographer muttered to himself. After snapping the last picture and hurrying back to his car. Looking down at his phone, he looked at all the pictures he’d taken of Donghae and Eunhyuk. As he stared at the teens, his phone rang. “Hello?” he answered.

          “Kibum where are you, I thought you were coming home after school,” Joo Li asked.

          “I’m on the way, there was just a small errand I had to run,” Kibum lied. “I’ll be home in a minute.”

          “Okay bye,” Joo Li said before hanging up.

          Kibum sat there and looked at Donghae’s picture once before muttering “You will be mine Donghae, I’ll find a way to make sure of that.”

          After swimming around for a while, Donghae and Eunhyuk climbed out of the water and lie on their towels on the concrete that surrounded the pool. “Life is good Donghae,” Eunhyuk muttered as he lay next to Donghae and leaned his head against his boyfriend’s.

          “Yeah, especially since I’m with you,” Donghae confirmed as he ran a hand through Eunhyuk’s sopping wet blonde hair. He bent his head and kissed the brunette, before running his hands down his body.

          “Wanna go inside?” Eunhyuk suggested.

          “Yeah,” Donghae agreed, knowing where this was going to lead.

          The two dried off and walked up to Eunhyuk’s old bedroom. When they opened the door, they discovered that Jae and Min had taken down everything that was Eunhyuk’s. The room was barren, not even the carpet was left. The parents had left no evidence in their house that they ever had a son. Donghae noticed that Eunhyuk’s eyes were glued on the room. “They completely erased me,” he muttered.

          “Eunhyuk, maybe we should just go home. It’s very obvious that we’re not welcome here, even when they’re not here,” Donghae quietly said as he pulled Eunhyuk closer.

          “Yeah, home,” Eunhyuk whispered as he leaned his head against his boyfriend. “Where is home now?”

          Donghae turned his face to him and kissed his lips lovingly. “Home is with me; home is where I can hold you and love you forever,” he replied. “C’mon, we’ll go there.”

          Once they were back home, Donghae and Eunhyuk locked themselves in their bedroom and lie down on the bed together. Eunhyuk placed his hands on Donghae’s waist as the brunette hovered over him and kissed his lips. “Donghae,” Eunhyuk whispered.

          “Yeah?” he responded as they began to strip one another again.

          “Will you promise me something?” Eunhyuk requested as Donghae kissed his neck.

          “Sure, anything,” Donghae agreed.

          “Promise me that no matter what happens, you’ll never leave me and you’ll always love me,” Eunhyuk said.

          “Yes Eunhyuk, I promise. I know how it feels to be abandoned, and I will never want that for you,” Donghae replied as he kissed down his boyfriend’s chest. “You’re the only one I’ve ever been in love with, and you’re the only one I’ll ever love.” Eunhyuk smiled before into Donghae’s mouth as they kissed once more.