Chapter 42

After a Minute

          In the middle of the night, Kyuhyun lie asleep in bed next to Sungmin and panted as a light sweat covered his body, his heart pounded rapidly and he muttered “No . . . Minnie . . . please don’t . . . I love you.”

          The blonde heard his fiancé and turned over to try waking him up. “Kyuhyun, Kyuhyun wake up,” he whispered. The dark haired teen opened his eyes and looked right at Sungmin. “Are you okay?”

          Kyuhyun said nothing, but pulled Sungmin closer and kissed his face and lips. “I had a really bad dream,” Kyuhyun gasped in a shaky voice as he ran his hands up and down Sungmin’s back and kissed his neck.

          “What happened? Tell me what happened,” Sungmin requested as he held Kyuhyun’s face in his hands.

          “I had a dream that I was out picking out your engagement ring and I come home to find that you had left me for some girl. You two had run off without telling any of us and got married,” Kyuhyun cried as he pulled Sungmin closer. “Minnie, I’ve never been so scared and heartbroken before in my life.”

          Sungmin quietly shushed his crying fiancé before whispering “Kyuhyun, I would never leave you. I love you and only you. I could never leave you for anyone else, especially some girl.”

          “It just felt so real,” Kyuhyun muttered as he ran a hand through Sungmin’s blonde hair.

          The blonde laid his head on his fiancé’s chest and felt Kyuhyun run a hand up and down his back. “I promise you that I’m not going anywhere, would you ever leave me?”

          “No, I can’t imagine being without you,” Kyuhyun whispered before placing a kiss on Sungmin’s hair.

          Sungmin crawled up, wrapped an arm around his fiancé, and laid his head on Kyuhyun’s shoulder, burying his face in his neck. “I love you so much,” Sungmin muttered before placing a kiss on Kyuhyun.

          The dark haired teen rolled over on top of Sungmin and began to kiss at his chest and stomach. “I love you too Minnie,” Kyuhyun echoed as he slipped his fingertips up Sungmin’s skin, causing the blonde to arch his back. “I’ll always love you.”

          The next morning, while the boys ate breakfast, Leeteuk asked “So what’s on the agenda for all of you today?”

          “Not much really,” Yesung replied.

          “Donghae and I wanna go to the mall. Can we go Leeteuk?” Eunhyuk wondered.

          “Sure, does anyone else wanna go?” Leeteuk inquired.

          “Minnie, do you wanna go?” Kyuhyun asked his fiancé.

          “Yeah, let’s go,” Sungmin agreed.

          Yesung turned to Ryeowook and said “We should go too, ya know, and look at things. More specifically, we should go get some nachos from the food court.”

          Ryeowook giggled before rubbing the back of Yesung’s neck and saying “Okay, we can go.”

          “Heechul, Hankyung, do you boys wanna go?” Leeteuk wondered.

          “No, we’re gonna go visit these gardens that Hankyung’s been wanting to see for a while now,” Heechul informed.

          “Oh okay, well be back at home in time for dinner,” Leeteuk requested.

          “Alright,” Heechul replied.

          After they got through eating breakfast, Leeteuk drove the boys over to the mall. “Okay, now you boys have a good time, just text or call me when you’re ready to come home,” he said.

          As the group headed inside, Eunhyuk dragged Donghae over to a costume shop. “What are we doing in here?” Donghae questioned as he looked around. “Halloween isn’t until October.”

          “I want us both to buy one of these for each other,” Eunhyuk stated as he started shopping. “Like this is an option for you.”

          “What the hell am I going to need a lifeguard outfit for?” Donghae asked as he looked at the costume Eunhyuk picked up.

          “I thought that this summer, since we don’t have school, we could experiment with roleplay,” Eunhyuk whispered as he pulled Donghae closer with his other arm.

          “Oh,” Donghae realized as his eyes widened and face blushed. “You wanna do like some ual roleplay, I like that idea. Like Halloween every night, except getting candy, I get you.”

          Eunhyuk laughed before kissing his boyfriend. “Exactly,” he confirmed. “Now c’mon, let’s pick something out.”

          “I want this one for you,” Donghae decided as he picked up a costume and showed Eunhyuk.

          “Really, a superhero costume?” Eunhyuk asked.

          “Yes, I can be your damsel in distress and you can save me,” Donghae responded as he hugged Eunhyuk’s waist.

          “Or I could be a villain and you could be my hostage, and I could have my way with you,” Eunhyuk joked as he gently bit Donghae’s neck.

          The brunette flinched. “I told you, no biting in public,” he whispered to his boyfriend.

          “Sorry, you’re just so tasty,” Eunhyuk muttered, causing Donghae to laugh. “Okay fine, I’ll wear the superhero outfit, only if you wear this.”

          Eunhyuk took a costume off the shelf and showed it to Donghae. “A merman; you want me to be a merman?” Donghae asked.

          “I think you’d look y, plus we can do a Little Mermaid , and you have to make me fall in love with you so you can be human,” Eunhyuk explained. When Donghae remained silent, Eunhyuk added “It sounded hotter in my head.”

          The brunette teen laughed and replied “Alright fine, I’ll give it a chance.”

          “And hey just think about it, we could do a crossover where I save the defenseless merman,” Eunhyuk suggested.

          “Or the merman saves the stupid superhero from drowning,” Donghae proposed.

          “Okay, let’s get these and hurry home,” Eunhyuk said as he took Donghae’s hand and dragged him to the checkout line.

          Meanwhile, Kyuhyun sent Sungmin and Ryeowook into a store while he took Yesung with him to another store. “C’mon man, I’m missing the nachos,” Yesung said as Kyuhyun escorted him into a jewelry store.

          “I need your help; I’m going to make Sungmin an engagement ring today and I’d like to get a second opinion,” Kyuhyun explained.

          “Then I can go eat?” Yesung asked.

          “Yes, then you can go eat,” Kyuhyun confirmed.

          Hankyung kissed Heechul again as they both lie down on a blanket in the middle of a secluded garden. “You know, I feel bad about deceiving your parents,” Hankyung muttered as he Heechul’s face.

          “Why, we didn’t do anything wrong,” Heechul said.

          “We told them we were going to the gardens to just look around,” Hankyung replied.

          “And we are, we just happen to also be engaging in some nice outdoor garden while we’re here,” Heechul reminded as he undid Hankyung’s belt.

          “Yeah, it is really romantic and secluded here,” Hankyung agreed before kissing Heechul again and sliding his hands underneath Heechul’s shirt. “And we’ve never done it outside before.”

          “First time for everything love,” Heechul whispered as he wrapped his arms around his boyfriend and removed his t-shirt.

          “You’re sure no one will catch us? We could get in big trouble if someone saw us,” Hankyung wondered.

          “I’m positive,” Heechul promised before pulling Hankyung closer to kiss him again.

          Back in the mall, Kyuhyun had just paid for Sungmin’s ring and was looking at it while he asked Yesung “What do you think?” When the dark haired teen didn’t respond, Kyuhyun saw that Yesung had in fact fallen asleep, with his head resting against his hand. “Wake up,” he scolded as he slapped his arm.

          “What, what’d I miss?” Yesung asked.

          “I made Sungmin’s ring, what do you think? Will he like it?” Kyuhyun wondered.

          “Yes, of course he’ll love it, he loves you so he’ll love anything you get him,” Yesung confirmed. “Can I please go get Ryeowook and go eat now?”

          “Sure, and please get Sungmin and you guys go to the food court. I’ll text Donghae and tell him and Eunhyuk to meet us there so I can show Sungmin in front of you guys,” Kyuhyun instructed.

          As soon as they were all in the food court, Sungmin asked “So why did I have to go shop without you today?”

          “Because I was making you a surprise,” Kyuhyun stated. He pulled out a little black box and handed it to Sungmin.

          “What’s this?” Sungmin asked.

          “Open it up,” Kyuhyun requested as he rubbed Sungmin’s back. The blonde opened up the box and gazed at the silver band with three small diamonds in the middle of it. Kyuhyun smiled when he saw Sungmin’s mouth drop open. “It’s the engagement ring I promised to buy you when I came back.” The dark haired teen placed a kiss on Sungmin’s lips. “I customized it special for you.”

          “I helped,” Yesung input as he shoved nachos into his mouth.

          Kyuhyun chuckled before admitting “Yeah Yesung helped me. What do you think Minnie?”

          “I love it, it’s beautiful Kyuhyun,” Sungmin replied as he wrapped his arms around his fiancé.

          “Good, I’m glad you like it,” Kyuhyun said as he slipped the silver band on Sungmin’s left ring finger and kissed his lips once more.

          “What did you guys buy?” Ryeowook asked, turning to Donghae and Eunhyuk.

          “Just costumes,” Donghae responded.

          “For what, Halloween is months away,” Yesung reminded.

          “Well we wanted to beat the rush,” Eunhyuk stated.

          “Oh that makes sense,” Yesung agreed before continuing to eat.

          Later that evening when everyone was home, Sungmin showed Kangin, Leeteuk, Heechul, and Hankyung his new engagement ring. “Oh my gosh sweetie, that’s beautiful,” Leeteuk congratulated before kissing the blonde’s hair.

          “So guys, how was your day today?” Kangin wondered as they sat down to eat dinner.

          “Good, really good,” Donghae replied.

          “Heechul, did you and Hankyung have a good time at the gardens today?” Leeteuk inquired.

          “Yes, we had a lot of fun,” Heechul responded with a smile before looking across the table at his boyfriend.

          When it was time for bed, Eunhyuk finished brushing his teeth in the bathroom and walked into his and Donghae’s room and found Donghae lying in the middle of the floor wearing his new merman costume. “C’mon sailor man, fall off your boat, then I can kiss you so you won’t drown,” Donghae dramatically requested as he reached for Eunhyuk. The blonde smiled before closing and locking their bedroom door.

          Down the hall, Sungmin lie in bed and the ring on his finger while Kyuhyun climbed in bed, lie down next to him, and kissed his face. “I’m so happy with you,” Sungmin whispered as he leaned his head against Kyuhyun’s shoulder and felt his fiancé run his fingers through his blonde hair.

          “I’m happy with you too love,” Kyuhyun replied as he kissed Sungmin and interlaced their hands together. “I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with you.”