Chapter 11

After a Minute

          A few days later, the couples were having lunch together at school when Eunhyuk asked “Hey, you guys wanna come over and stay the night Friday?”

          “You mean like a sleepover?” Ryeowook wondered as his face lit up with excitement.

          “Can we please not call it that, it sounds so girly,” Kyuhyun requested.

          “So is your boyfriend,” Heechul joked as he hugged Sungmin.

          “Yes he is, but he’s my angel,” Kyuhyun muttered as he ran a hand through Sungmin’s hair as the blonde blushed.

          “I think having an overnight get together would be fun,” Hankyung replied. “It’d give us all a good chance to get to know one another a little better.”

          “Plus we can go swimming,” Donghae said with a smile.

          “Donghae, it’s almost October, the water’s probably cold,” Yesung reminded.

          “Well my pool has a solar cover on it, which keeps the temperature warmer than normal,” Eunhyuk explained. “So it’ll be comfortable to swim in. You guys just bring some swim trunks, and a change of clothes, I’ve got blankets and pillows you guys can use.”

          Friday after school, Sungmin, Heechul, and Yesung were at home getting their stuff ready so they could head over to Eunhyuk’s. Donghae had gone home with Eunhyuk to help him get things set up. “So where do you want me to put these pillows and blankets?” Donghae asked as he brought the sleeping apparel into the living room.

          “We can just set it over here,” Eunhyuk suggested as he helped Donghae put the items down.

          “Wait, we don’t have enough, we’re short two blankets and pillows,” Donghae noticed.

          Eunhyuk hugged Donghae’s waist from behind and whispered “I thought you could bunk with me in my room.”

          Donghae smiled and laughed before turning his head to kiss his boyfriend. “That sounds nice,” he agreed. 

           “Leeteuk, we’re ready to go,” Yesung informed as the brothers walked into the kitchen holding their overnight bags.

          “Alright, Heechul, do you remember how to get to Eunhyuk’s house?” Leeteuk wondered as they all got into Leeteuk’s car.

          “Yeah I’ll help you get there,” Heechul replied while they headed down the street.

          When they reached Eunhyuk’s house, the brothers found that their boyfriends were already there, since Hankyung’s vehicle was there, and he was going to be picking up Kyuhyun and Ryeowook. “Bye boys, I’ll be back to get you tomorrow afternoon,” Leeteuk reminded as the boys got out of the car.

          They walked inside and dropped their stuff in the living room. Here, they could be fully open about their relationships and not have the fear of being judged, like at school. Sungmin jumped into Kyuhyun’s arms and kissed him, Yesung ran a hand through Ryeowook’s hair before kissing him, and Heechul and Hankyung took each other’s hands and placed a kiss on one another’s lips. After they had said hello to their appropriate partner, Eunhyuk asked “Who wants to go swimming?”

          The boys changed into their swim trunks and ran into the backyard before Donghae, Eunhyuk, Yesung, Hankyung, and Kyuhyun took off their shirts and jumped into the water. Heechul got in as well, but kept his shirt on, not wanting to show anyone else his wounds. “Whoa, you were right Eunhyuk, this water is warmer than normal,” Yesung confirmed.

          Looking up, they saw that Ryeowook and Sungmin had not yet gotten in. “C’mon you guys, jump in,” Donghae encouraged.

          Ryeowook walked over to the side and stuck his foot in before pulling it out quickly. “No, it’s too cold,” the brunette said as he backed up next to Sungmin.

          “I’m not getting in if it’s cold,” Sungmin agreed.

          “Minnie, get in here you wimp,” Kyuhyun said, placing his hands on his hips.

          “I’m not getting in, I don’t even have my floaties,” Sungmin declined.

          “Sungmin you don’t need them in the pool, it’s like four feet of water in the shallow area,” Heechul explained.

          “If you won’t get in, I’ll have to pull you in,” Kyuhyun threatened as he reached up, grabbed Sungmin’s wrists, and pulled the blonde into the pool.

          He laughed as Sungmin tried to hit him. “You’re so mean Kyuhyun,” he said before Kyuhyun wrapped his arms around his boyfriend and kissed him. Sungmin placed his arms around Kyuhyun’s neck as the dark haired boy swam into deeper water.

          “Don’t be scared Minnie, I won’t let you go,” Kyuhyun promised.

          Yesung got out of the pool and held out a hand to Ryeowook. “C’mon Ryeowook, you’ll have more fun if you get in,” Yesung persuaded.

          “But the water’s cold,” Ryeowook quietly replied.

          “Don’t worry, it’s not that bad once you get used to it,” Yesung assured as he took Ryeowook’s other hand and led him into the pool.

          “Ooh, that’s cool,” Ryeowook gasped as goose bumps broke out all over his body. But as he got waist deep in the water, Ryeowook became comfortable.

          “Oh, let’s get your shirt off so you don’t get it wet,” Yesung suggested as he took Ryeowook’s shirt off of him and threw it up onto the table nearby.

          “This is the first time I’ve been semi- in public,” Ryeowook informed.

          “Well, you’ve got a great body if it’s any reassurance,” Yesung said before his boyfriend began to blush.

          Heechul and Hankyung had gotten a body raft and were laying on it together; Hankyung had his arm wrapped around Heechul, and the raven haired boy had his head resting on his boyfriend’s shoulder. The two had interlaced their hands and were silently floating around the pool together. “How are you feeling?” Hankyung whispered as he gently Heechul’s hair.

          “I’m relaxed,” Heechul muttered as he nudged his face against his boyfriend’s shoulder. Hankyung smiled as Heechul closed his eyes.

          After the friends had been swimming for about an hour, they all climbed out of the pool and went into the house to change. Donghae and Eunhyuk brought some snacks into the living room for the group to devour before they picked out the movie they’d watch. “Okay you guys, what should we watch tonight?” Eunhyuk wondered as he stood next to his DVDs and looked at all of them.

          “Titanic,” Donghae suggested.

          “A chick’s movie?” Kyuhyun questioned.

          “It’s cute,” Sungmin muttered.

          “You’ve seen it?” Kyuhyun asked.

          “Donghae’s made us watch it almost fifty times,” Yesung added. “It’s like his favorite movie.”

          “Ooh, is it good?” Ryeowook wondered.

          “Yeah, it’s sad yet really good,” Donghae agreed.

          “It’s a chick movie,” Kyuhyun repeated.

          “It’s okay Kyuhyun, there are a few actiony moments in it,” Sungmin informed.

          Sighing, Kyuhyun agreed “Fine, pop it in; let’s watch the son of a .”

          “Yay!” Donghae cheered as he shot his arms into the air.

          As the friends watched the movie, Eunhyuk wrapped his arm around Donghae as the brunette began to cry quietly. “You okay?” he asked.

          “Yeah, I just really love this movie,” Donghae whispered. Eunhyuk smiled and kissed his boyfriend before they continued watching.

          It finally got to the scene where the Titanic began to sink. Kyuhyun shouted “Well isn’t that a kick in the ; they have and then they die.”

          “Shh, you’re ruining the moment,” Ryeowook scolded as he kept his eyes glued on the screen.

          “Would you leave me if that happened to us?” Sungmin whispered as he looked up at Kyuhyun.

          “No Minnie, I’d never leave you,” Kyuhyun replied as he placed a kiss on Sungmin’s nose.

          “I’m glad she left that other guy though, he was such a ,” Heechul said.

          “Yeah he was,” Donghae agreed.

          By the time the two and a half movie was finished, Sungmin, Ryeowook, and Heechul had fallen asleep. Donghae, Eunhyuk, Yesung, Kyuhyun, and Hankyung helped get the temporary beds ready for the friends to sleep in. Yesung set up a couple of blankets and pillows for him and Ryeowook to sleep on; then he picked up the sleeping brunette, laid him down on a blanket, and covered him up with the other one. Kyuhyun followed Yesung’s actions and carried Sungmin over to their sleeping place, covered him up, and lay down beside his blonde boyfriend, pulling him closer and placing a goodnight kiss on his head.

          Hankyung had just finished creating his and Heechul’s sleeping place when the raven haired teen yawned and awoke. “Hankyung, what time is it?” Heechul asked quietly as he rubbed his eyes.

          “It’s almost one in the morning, c’mon, I made us a small place to sleep,” Hankyung whispered as he helped Heechul stand up. He led his boyfriend over to the blanket and lay him down as Heechul closed his eyes. Hankyung lay down next to Heechul before he turned to face him. “You okay?” Hankyung asked as he Heechul’s face gently.

          “This is the first time in a long time I’ve slept next to someone,” Heechul informed.

          “I won’t hurt you Heechul; if anything I’ll protect you while you sleep,” Hankyung promised as he wrapped his other arm around Heechul, softly placing a hand on his wounded back.

          Heechul leaned his head against Hankyung’s chest and put his arms around Hankyung’s waist as he requested “Stay with me until I wake up Hankyung, please.”

          “I will, I won’t leave you,” Hankyung whispered as he leaned his head against Heechul’s before they fell asleep.

          Meanwhile, Donghae and Eunhyuk had gone upstairs to Eunhyuk’s bedroom. The two took off their shirts before sitting on the edge of either side of the bed. “This is gonna be new for me; lying next to someone,” Donghae informed.

          “Me too,” Eunhyuk agreed.

          After a minute of awkward silence, the two slipped under the covers and turned to face one another. They looked at each other before Donghae slowly ran a hand over Eunhyuk’s abs. “I really like those, I like them on you even more,” Donghae confessed.

          Eunhyuk moved closer to Donghae and touched his chest. “You’ve got really soft skin,” he muttered.

          “Thanks,” Donghae replied as he moved closer to Eunhyuk.

          Soon they were close enough to press their bodies together. Eunhyuk placed a hand on Donghae’s face before kissing his lips lovingly. Donghae gently put his hands on Eunhyuk’s neck as he kissed his boyfriend back. “I love you, my Donghae,” Eunhyuk whispered as he ran his fingers down the brunette’s back.

          “I love you too Eunhyuk,” Donghae responded. As soon as Eunhyuk heard Donghae say that he loved him too, something inside the blonde gave him an urge, and he climbed on top of his boyfriend. Donghae looked up at Eunhyuk and asked “What are you doing?”

          Eunhyuk felt his heart pound before he fully realized what he was initiating. The blonde slowly repositioned himself to lie back beside Donghae, but this time, he faced away from him. Eunhyuk felt Donghae hug him from behind which made him whisper “I’m sorry Donghae, I didn’t mean to do that. Something inside me snapped.”

          The brunette pulled him closer and leaned his head against Eunhyuk’s back before replying “We don’t have to do that now; we’ve got the rest of our lives to do it.”

          This made Eunhyuk’s heart pound loudly before he turned around to face Donghae again. The two wrapped their arms around each other as Eunhyuk repeated “I love you Donghae, I love you so much.”

          “I love you too Eunhyuk, and I meant what I said; I hope you are in my life forever,” Donghae whispered before kissing Eunhyuk.

          “Me too,” Eunhyuk agreed. Interlacing their hands together, the couple fell asleep.