Chapter 17

After a Minute

          A few days later, while at school, Hankyung was waiting for Heechul to meet him by his locker, when Siwon approached him again. “I asked you to please stay away from me,” Hankyung calmly reminded.

          “Hankyung, please reconsider being with me,” Siwon pleaded.

          “No, you had a chance, and now I’m with Heechul. I love him more than anyone else in the world, and nothing you can say or do will change my mind,” Hankyung firmly stated.

          As a final resort, Siwon grabbed Hankyung’s face and roughly planted a kiss on his lips. Hankyung struggled to get away, but Siwon pushed him back against the lockers, trapping him there. Heechul was walking down the hallway towards Hankyung’s locker, when he saw his boyfriend lip locked with another boy. The raven haired teen froze and kept his eyes locked on Hankyung and Siwon.

          Siwon finally released Hankyung, who looked over and saw his boyfriend. Heechul had tears glistening in his eyes before he turned and quickly stormed away. “Heechul, wait!” Hankyung called as he ran after him.

          “No, get away from me!” Heechul demanded as he pushed Hankyung back. “You’re a ing liar! You promised me you would never hurt me, and the crazy part is that I trusted you.”

          “Heechul, it’s not what you think, I promise. That’s my ex-boyfriend who wants back with me. I told him no, because I’m in love with you,” Hankyung promised quietly as he placed his hands on Heechul’s face. “Remember the other night? Do you think someone who wanted to hurt you would touch you gently and kiss you and whisper that they loved you?”

          Shoving Hankyung’s hands off his face, Heechul muttered “The minute I open up, some like this happens. You probably just wanted to have with me and then leave, like those people did a long time ago. I saw you kissing that other guy. If he makes you happier than me, then by all means go be with him.”

          “Heechul, please don’t push me away, I care about you,” Hankyung begged, gently running a hand through Heechul’s hair.

          “Just stop all the ing lies Hankyung, stop pretending you give a damn about me. No one has ever cared about me, and no one ever will,” Heechul replied as tears ran down his face. “I actually had a small sliver of hope that you actually did love me, but I guess it was too good to be true.”

          The raven haired teen turned and started walking away, as Hankyung hurried after him. “No Heechul, I do love you, please, what do I have to do to make you believe me?” Hankyung questioned.

          “You can stay the hell away from me. I’m done with you,” Heechul stated before continuing to walk away.

          “Heechul,” Hankyung called as he watched the Korean teen walk away. Sighing, Hankyung stormed over to Siwon and slammed him back against the lockers. “Do you see what the you just did?!” he demanded. “You broke his heart! Are you happy with yourself now?”

          Siwon remained silent. “I didn’t mean for him to see that,” Siwon responded with an honest tone.

          “Now I have to go clean up your mess,” Hankyung furiously replied before leaving his ex-boyfriend standing there.

          When Heechul got home that day, he slammed his bedroom door shut and threw his backpack down on the ground before standing frozen in his spot. Squeezing his eyes shut, Heechul gripped his head and screamed as he fell to his knees. Tears fell from the raven haired teen’s eyes before he stood up and threw his lamp against the wall, shattering the bulb into hundreds of pieces.

          Continuing his rage, Heechul shoved everything off of his desk, punched at his wall, and even tore his own shirt in frustration. He screamed once more before finally collapsing on his cold hardwood floor. Laying there crying, Heechul heard a knock on his door. “Go away,” he quietly requested.

          “Heechul, what’s going on in there, can we come in?” Yesung asked as he, Sungmin, Donghae, and Eunhyuk stood outside his bedroom.

          “Go away!” Heechul repeated, this time much louder. To add emphasis, Heechul threw a book and heard it hit the door with a loud bang.

          The four jumped back from the door before Leeteuk came upstairs. “Boys, what’s going on, who’s throwing things?” he questioned as he walked down the hall.

          “Heechul is upset,” Donghae stated. “I think he and Hankyung had an argument.”

          “I see, boys why don’t you let me talk to him, maybe I can help him calm down,” Leeteuk suggested. As the other boys walked downstairs, Leeteuk gently knocked on the door.

          “What?” Heechul snapped.

          “Heechul, can I please come in?” Leeteuk requested gently.

          Sighing, Heechul replied “Sure.”

          Opening the door, Leeteuk found Heechul’s mostly destroyed bedroom, and Heechul lying in the middle of his room on the floor. “What happened? I heard you up here throwing things,” Leeteuk asked as he sat down on Heechul’s bed.

          “Nothing, everything’s fine; everything’s just fine,” Heechul lied as he stood up and began to pick up the things he’d knocked over.

          “Donghae tells me you and Hankyung had a fight, is that true?” Leeteuk wondered. Heechul froze and felt his eyes begin to water again. “Heechul?” Leeteuk quietly called as he slowly stood up.

          “Hankyung doesn’t love me anymore Leeteuk,” the raven haired teen cried.

          “What are you talking about?” Leeteuk asked.

          “I saw him today kissing another boy. He promised me that he’d never hurt me, he told me he loved me, he –” Heechul didn’t continue, but instead turned and embraced Leeteuk, burying his face in his adoptive parent's shoulder.

          Leeteuk gently wrapped his arms around his son and calmly shushed him, while his black hair. “It’s okay sweetie, just go ahead and cry,” he whispered.

          “Hankyung promised me Leeteuk, he promised me he wasn’t like the others,” Heechul cried.

          “I just can’t imagine him betraying you like that; it seems so unlike him,” Leeteuk responded.

          “That’s what I thought too,” Heechul agreed before lying down on his bed.

          “Do you want me to bring you anything?” Leeteuk asked as he covered up Heechul.

          “No, I just wanna lay here,” Heechul requested as h turned to face the wall.

          “Alright sweetie, I’ll come check on you later,” Leeteuk replied before quietly leaving the room.

          Later that night, the boys were preparing for bed when Eunhyuk received a phone call. “Hello?” he answered.

          “Hey sweetie,” Lee Min said.

          “Hi mom,” Eunhyuk replied, shocked.

          “I don’t have long to talk, but I wanted to call and tell you that even though you choose to be with Donghae; I still love you and see you as my son,” Min stated. “True, it did take me by shock at first, but I mean it’s not a crime to love someone.”

          “Well why didn’t you say anything in front of dad? Donghae and I could’ve used some support,” Eunhyuk asked.

          “Honey, you know your father thinks his word is law, and I have to wait until he’s calm before I talk to him about sensitive topics like this,” Min reminded.

          “Dad is never going to want to talk to me again, and quite frankly now I don’t care,” Eunhyuk said.

          “Lee Hyukjae,” Min scolded. Eunhyuk straightened up, knowing that when his mother called him his full name, that she was dead serious. “Now don’t say anything you’ll regret later. Regardless of what your father says or thinks, you’re still our son, and I want to be able to talk to you.”

          “Yes ma’am,” Eunhyuk answered.

          “I love you Eunhyuk, you’re my baby boy and you’ll always be, no matter what,” Min promised.

          “I love you too mom,” Eunhyuk responded before hanging up.

          He sat on the edge of Donghae’s bed and looked down at his phone. “Is everything okay?” Donghae asked as he wrapped his arms around Eunhyuk’s exposed torso.

          “My mom just called me and told me she still loves me and says she’s happy we’re together,” Eunhyuk informed.

          “See, I told you things would be okay,” Donghae reminded as he ran a hand over Eunhyuk’s face before kissing his lips.

          “My dad on the other hand is another story. He’ll never accept us,” Eunhyuk said.

          “Then he doesn’t deserve you. You’re a beautiful person and we should be happy that your mom is supportive,” Donghae replied.

          “You’re right Donghae,” Eunhyuk agreed before turning to kiss his boyfriend again.

          The two moved up on the bed more as Eunhyuk moved on top of Donghae. “Are you having one of those urges again?” Donghae wondered as he ran a hand down his boyfriend’s abs.

          “Yeah, and it’s getting stronger,” Eunhyuk revealed.

          “Hold off for just a little longer, it’s not the best time right now. Plus we want our first time to be special, don’t we?” Donghae asked, running a finger over Eunhyuk’s lips.

          “Yeah,” Eunhyuk responded with a grin as he rolled off of Donghae and cuddled up next to him.

          Leeteuk and Kangin were heading to bed when Leeteuk stopped and looked at Heechul’s bedroom door. “You okay honey?” Kangin asked when he saw his spouse freeze.

          “Yeah I’m okay, I’m just gonna go check on Heechul before we head to bed,” Leeteuk informed before walking down the hallway towards his son’s room.

          Opening up the bedroom door quietly, Leeteuk peeked in at Heechul. He slowly strolled over to the sleeping teenager and gently his hair for a few moments. Leaning down, Leeteuk placed a chaste kiss on Heechul’s temple. “I love you sweetheart,” Leeteuk whispered before leaving the room.

          As soon as Leeteuk left the room, Heechul opened his eyes and allowed more tears to flow from his eyes. The love of his life had broken his heart, and Heechul wondered whether this time it could be repaired or stay shattered; and honestly by this point, Heechul couldn’t care less what happened.