Chapter 37

After a Minute

          At school, the Senior prom was coming up, but the boys couldn’t go because they were Juniors. Sungmin was getting sick and tired of seeing all the happy couples around him; it made him miss Kyuhyun even more. He would write down everything he was thinking about and most of the time his thoughts were about his boyfriend. It’d been a month and a half since Kyuhyun had left, and Sungmin was still missing him.

          Sungmin barely had said a word to anyone at school, and every night he would lie in bed and look at Kyuhyun’s picture on his iPad, holding the electronic close to him as tears would drip from his eyes onto the screen. He felt the iPad vibrate, and saw that Kyuhyun was attempting to Skype him. Quickly, Sungmin answered and gazed at his boyfriend. “Hi Minnie,” he said with a smile.

          “Hi Kyuhyun,” Sungmin replied.

          “How’ve you been lately?” Kyuhyun wondered.

          “Donghae had a stalker,” Sungmin informed.

          “Oh my god really?” Kyuhyun asked.

          “Yeah, but Eunhyuk beat him up and Kangin and Leeteuk called the police; the guy went to a juvenile home for a while,” Sungmin explained.

          “He didn’t hurt you did he?” Kyuhyun questioned.

          “No of course not; I got upset with him though. He sat in your seat in class, I didn’t like that,” Sungmin muttered as he at Kyuhyun’s face on the screen.

          “Minnie, I miss you, I think about you all the time,” Kyuhyun whispered as he leaned closer to the camera.

          “I miss you too Kyuhyun, I can’t believe you’ve been gone for a month,” Sungmin replied as he leaned against the iPad. “I keep watching romance movies and thinking of you. I’ve also been keeping a journal; it’s how I cope with you being gone.”

          “Oh, that’s good, there’s something I wanna ask you, but I need you to go get your brothers and parents,” Kyuhyun requested.

          “Why?” Sungmin inquired.

          “Just trust me,” Kyuhyun said with a smile as he watched Sungmin get out of bed.

          Walking downstairs, he called Leeteuk, Kangin, his brothers and their boyfriends to meet him in the living room. “What’s wrong sweetheart?” Leeteuk questioned as he and the others all sat down.

          “Kyuhyun wanted to ask everyone something,” Sungmin quietly informed as he turned the iPad to the others.

          “Hi Kyuhyun, what would you like to ask us?” Kangin wondered.

          “Well I actually wanted you all to be in the same room with us when I ask Sungmin a question,” Kyuhyun explained.

          “What is it?” Sungmin asked as he turned the iPad back to face him.

          “Sungmin, when I first met you, I know I was an to you and made you feel uncomfortable, but that was because I didn’t know how to approach you. Being in a relationship with you has made me incredibly happy, and every moment I’ve spent with you have been the best moments of my life. I don’t know when I’ll be coming back, but I can promise you that I will return. Sungmin, I want you to be my forever princess, and my forever love. I'm asking you in front of your parents, your brothers, and our friends, if when I return, will you become my husband?” Kyuhyun proposed.

          The blonde froze and dropped his jaw as Ryeowook gasped and covered his mouth as he squealed in excitement, while Donghae and Eunhyuk clapped. When Sungmin got his breath back, he whispered “Kyuhyun, are you asking me to marry you?”

          “Yes baby, I’m asking you to marry me,” Kyuhyun repeated.

          Sungmin began to cry as he replied “Yes, yes I’ll marry you Kyuhyun.” He kissed the screen and hugged the iPad.

          “Oh my God honey that’s wonderful,” Leeteuk cheered as he hugged his blonde son.

          “I’ll buy you an engagement ring as soon as I come back, but I don’t know when that’ll be,” Kyuhyun said.

           “I know,” Sungmin responded as he wiped the tears out of his eyes.

          “But Minnie, you know that I love you, whether you’re my boyfriend or my fiancé or my husband, I’ll love you no matter what,” Kyuhyun promised. “I have to go now, but I’ll call you later. I love you Sungmin.”

          “I love you too Kyuhyun,” Sungmin replied before he kissed the screen again and signed off of Skype.

          The blonde was then surrounded and hugged by his brothers and parents. “Congrats Minnie, this is awesome,” Yesung said.

          “Yeah, we’re so happy for you,” Donghae agreed.

          “I’m so excited, and now I want him to come back even more now,” Sungmin stated.

          Later that evening, Hankyung was staying the night with Heechul and the two of them were getting ready for bed. “You okay? You’ve been awful quiet tonight,” Hankyung asked as he wrapped his arms around Heechul’s waist and rested his head against the back of his neck.

          “Yeah, hearing Kyuhyun’s proposal to Sungmin, and thinking about the upcoming prom, they both just got me thinking,” Heechul replied.

          “Thinking about what?” Hankyung wondered.

          “That I never learned how to properly dance with someone,” Heechul confessed.

          “Really, you’ve never danced with anyone?” Hankyung asked.

          “No, and I wanna one day to be able do it at my own wedding, like Kyuhyun and Sungmin will, and I don’t wanna embarrass myself,” Heechul explained.

          “Come here,” Hankyung said as he pulled his boyfriend to his feet.

          “What?” Heechul wondered as he stood up.

          “I’m gonna help you learn so that you don’t have to be embarrassed,” Hankyung muttered. “Okay, now I’ll be the husband and you be the wife.”

          “Wait, why do I have to be the female one?” Heechul questioned.

          “Because honey let’s be honest, out of the both of us, you have the cutest feminine build,” Hankyung reminded as he touched his boyfriend’s waist.

          “I guess you’re right, but it’s not my fault I was born this way,” Heechul said.

          Hankyung laughed quietly as he placed a hand on Heechul’s waist, and held his other hand as he instructed Heechul to place his hand on Hankyung’s shoulder. “Now we sway back and forth like this,” Hankyung instructed as he began to move his boyfriend from side to side slowly.

          Heechul leaned his head against his boyfriend’s chest and whispered “Who taught you how to dance?”

          “I learned from one of my relatives at my cousin’s wedding,” Hankyung informed as he slid his hand to Heechul’s back.

          “This is actually really relaxing,” Heechul admitted as he closed his eyes.

          Hankyung rested his head atop of his boyfriend’s raven hair and responded “Yeah.” He stopped swaying and held Heechul’s face in his hands as he leaned their foreheads together. “I love you baby,” he whispered.

          “I love you too,” Heechul responded as he started to cry.

          “Why are you crying?” Hankyung asked as he wiped away his boyfriend’s tears with his thumbs.

          “Hankyung, promise me that you’ll be the one I dance with at my wedding,” Heechul muttered.

          “Heechul –” Hankyung started.

          “Please Hankyung, please promise me that you’ll stay with me forever,” Heechul requested.

          In response, Hankyung pressed his lips against Heechul’s and slid his hands up his back. He took his boyfriend over to the bed and lay him down gently. Heechul let Hankyung his shirt and slide it off his torso and shoulders before kissing at his chest. The raven haired teen arched his back as Hankyung kissed his hips and started to take his jeans off. Heechul reached his hands up and pulled Hankyung’s t-shirt up over his head and tossed it to the ground. The blonde moved back up to plant another kiss on his boyfriend’s lips as Heechul ran his fingers up Hankyung’s arms. “Does that answer your question?” Hankyung wondered as he nudged his face against Heechul’s.

          “Not quite, I don’t think you’ve fully answered me yet,” Heechul replied as he slid his hands down Hankyung’s chest and rested them on the waistband of his jeans, hinting to his boyfriend.

          “Oh, how rude of me,” Hankyung whispered with a smile before he kissed Heechul again and slipped out of his jeans. As he held the raven haired teen close to him, Hankyung kissed down Heechul’s neck and chest, as he added “I love you.”

           Heechul arched his back again, feeling Hankyung’s fingers gently rub up his back and his lips kiss his stomach. “I love you too,” he moaned, closing his eyes and wrapping his arms around his boyfriend as the blonde kissed his lips and pulled the bed sheets up around them.