Chapter 38

After a Minute

          A few days later, Ryeowook was getting ready for school when he received a text from Yesung.

          Yesung: Hey, I won’t be at school today

          Ryeowook: Aww, why not?

          Yesung: I hurt my arm

          Ryeowook: Oh my God, are you okay??

          Yesung: Yeah I guess

          Ryeowook: I’ll come over and take care of you

          Yesung: You don’t have to do that

          Ryeowook: I want to, I’ll be over in a few minutes..

          “Mom, can Cinnamon and I go over and take care of Yesung? He hurt himself and I wanna take care of him,” Ryeowook requested as he picked up his tea cup Yorkie.

          “Honey, you have school today,” his mother reminded.

          “But mom, I don’t miss a lot of school, and he’s my boyfriend; I have a responsibility to take care of him when he doesn’t feel well,” Ryeowook stated.

          “Okay sweetheart, I guess it wouldn’t hurt this one time,” Ryeowook’s mother decided.

          She drove her son over to his boyfriend’s house and the brunette got out of the car and carried his puppy inside. Ryeowook found Donghae, Eunhyuk, Heechul, and Sungmin eating breakfast in the kitchen. “Hey guys,” he greeted to his friends.

          “Hi Ryeowook, what’re you doing over this early?” Donghae wondered as Sungmin stood up and took Cinnamon from Ryeowook, putting the little dog’s head.

          “Yesung texted me and told me he hurt himself. I came to take care of him,” Ryeowook explained.

          “Oh that’s sweet, he’s upstairs in his room,” Eunhyuk said before Leeteuk entered the room.

          “Boys, are you almost ready to head to school?” he asked.

          “Yes Leeteuk,” the four responded.

          “Hi Leeteuk,” Ryeowook said as he waved at the parent.

          “Hello sweetheart,” Leeteuk replied as he hugged the brunette. “When did you get here?”

          “Just now, Yesung texted me,” Ryeowook stated.

          “Okay, he’s waiting for you upstairs,” Leeteuk responded before turning to the other four. “C’mon boys, we gotta leave now or you guys will be late.”

          Sungmin handed Cinnamon back to Ryeowook before the brunette headed upstairs to Sungmin and Yesung’s room. Opening the door, Ryeowook walked in to find his boyfriend lying in bed. “Hey Yesung,” Ryeowook said as he moved to sit down next to Yesung on the bed, letting Cinnamon run over the blanket and jump on Yesung’s chest as he his face.

          “Hey Ryeowook,” Yesung replied.

          “What happened to your arm?” Ryeowook asked as he looked at his bandaged arm.

          “I don’t wanna tell you, you’ll laugh at me,” Yesung responded.

          “No I won’t, I promise,” Ryeowook said with a smile.

          “Okay, I fell in the shower last night cuz I was trying to dance to a cool song I heard and I sprained my arm,” Yesung explained. He watched his boyfriend chuckle and cover his mouth as Ryeowook tried to hide his blush and laughter. “You told me you wouldn’t laugh,” Yesung smirked as he threw a pillow at Ryeowook with his good arm.

          “I’m sorry sweetie, but it’s really funny, imagining you trying to dance,” Ryeowook replied.

          “Hey I’m a very good dancer,” Yesung defended.

          “Let me see your arm,” Ryeowook requested as he took his boyfriend’s hand and pulled his arm over to him as Yesung winced slightly. “Does it hurt when I touch your wrist?”

          “Yeah, really badly,” Yesung confirmed as Ryeowook gently touched his arm.

          “Aww,” Ryeowook muttered before kissing Yesung’s wrist. “How does that feel?”

          “Good,” Yesung agreed.

          “Great,” Ryeowook said with a smile.

          “You know, my muscle hurts too,” Yesung added as he pointed to his small bicep muscle. Ryeowook leaned forward and kissed his boyfriend’s arm. “It hurts here too.” Yesung pointed to his forehead. The brunette placed a small kiss on his forehead. “But most of all, it hurts here,” Yesung stated as he touched his lips.

          Smiling, Ryeowook kissed his boyfriend’s lips as Yesung placed his good hand on the side of Ryeowook’s neck and ran his fingers up through his brunette hair. As they pulled apart, Ryeowook whispered “How does that feel?”

          “Much better,” Yesung responded before stealing another quick kiss from his boyfriend.

          “Are you hungry? I can go make you something to eat,” Ryeowook offered.

          “Yeah, I’ll go downstairs and help you,” Yesung said as he attempted to get up.

          “No, you stay in bed, Cinnamon will watch you while I go make you something,” Ryeowook replied as he set the puppy on top of his boyfriend. “I don’t want you to hurt your arm anymore, so just stay here and I’ll take care of everything.”

          Ryeowook scampered downstairs and into the kitchen. “Okay, now what would my sweet boyfriend like to eat?” he asked himself aloud as he looked at the pantry. “I’ll make him some toast and a nice bowl of cereal with a glass of juice.”

          After placing the bread slices in the toaster, Ryeowook poured cereal and milk into a bowl and some juice into a cup. After buttering the toast and putting everything on a tray, Ryeowook took a step back and looked at the display in front of him. “It’s missing something,” he muttered. The brunette gasped before he realized what he could add. Ryeowook walked out to the back yard and plucked a yellow flower from Leeteuk’s rose bush. He placed it on the tray next to the cup of juice and carefully carried the tray upstairs to Yesung’s room.

          “Wow this looks nice,” Yesung said as his boyfriend set the tray down on his lap.

          “Thanks, I tried to make it look cute for you,” Ryeowook replied. “Cinnamon, no,” he scolded, picking up the tea cup Yorkie as Cinnamon sniffed at the food on Yesung’s lap.

          “Thank you for making me food,” Yesung stated after he got through eating.

          “You’re welcome, what should we do now?” Ryeowook questioned as he and Cinnamon sat down on Yesung’s bed. Before Yesung could answer, the little tea cup Yorkie attempted to jump off the bed. “Cinnamon no, you’re too little to jump off high things.”

          But the puppy didn’t listen to his owner and tried to jump. Ryeowook gasped, but froze when Yesung reached out with both hands and grabbed the puppy. “No Cinnamon, you stay up here with us,” he gently scolded.

          “Yesung, I thought your arm was sprained,” Ryeowook said as he looked at his boyfriend’s arm.

          Yesung froze, knowing he was busted. “Yeah, I kinda lied about that,” he revealed.

          “Why would you lie to me?” Ryeowook asked. “We skipped school today, oh this is bad. Rebels skip school, and I can’t be a rebel, I’m not cut out for that life.”

          The dark haired teen leaned forward kissed his brunette boyfriend’s lips. “I wanted you to come over so we could spend the day alone. We don’t get to be alone often,” Yesung explained. “I did fall in the shower dancing however, but I didn’t hurt my arm that bad, just a small bruise.”

          “You wanted to spend the day with me?” Ryeowook questioned.

          “Yeah cuz you know, I like you and stuff,” Yesung awkwardly replied as he rubbed the back of his head.

          “Aww, I don’t know whether to be upset or flattered,” Ryeowook said as he smiled.

          “You could make that cute pouty face you always do before I make you laugh,” Yesung suggested. “I think it’s adorable.” Ryeowook blushed as he crossed his arms and pouted, trying to conceal a smile. Yesung laughed quietly before placing a kiss on his boyfriend’s cheek. “See, that’s the cute face I’m talking about.” Yesung grinned as he gently poked one of Ryeowook’s cheeks.

          Ryeowook grabbed Yesung’s waist and pushed him back on the bed playfully before Yesung took his boyfriend’s wrists and pinned him down on the bed as Cinnamon yipped with excitement. “Cinnamon, settle,” Ryeowook stated before the puppy walked over to the end of the bed and lay down. “Let me go Yesung,” he laughed as his boyfriend kissed his face again.

          “No, I’m keeping you here with me for a little while longer,” Yesung replied with a grin. “And if you don’t cooperate, I’m gonna tickle you.”

          “No, don’t do that, I’m very ticklish,” Ryeowook whined as he squirmed underneath his boyfriend. Smiling, Yesung slightly lifted Ryeowook’s shirt and pressed his lips against his stomach and blew against the brunette’s skin, sending soft, ticklish vibrations through the brunette’s body. Ryeowook began to giggle loudly as his boyfriend continued to demand he stop. “Yesung, I give in, I give in, I can’t breathe,” he laughed as tears rolled out of the corners of his eyes.

          Yesung lifted his head up and wiped the saliva off of Ryeowook’s stomach. “You okay now?” Yesung asked as he ran a hand through the brunette’s hair.

          “You made my tummy tickle,” Ryeowook panted as he kissed Yesung’s lips.

          The dark haired teen leaned his head against his boyfriend’s head and wrapped his arms around Ryeowook’s body. “I really like you Ryeowook, you know that right?” Yesung whispered as he Ryeowook’s face.

          “Yes, and I really like you too. You make me very happy,” Ryeowook responded before Cinnamon climbed in between them and curled up next to their faces.

          “Way to ruin a moment Cinnamon,” Yesung said with a smile as they gently pet the tea cup Yorkie.

          “He says ‘I want love too Yesung’,” Ryeowook joked as the puppy began to fall asleep.

          Yesung yawned before asking “Why don’t we take a nap for a few hours? I didn’t sleep well last night.”

          “Okay,” Ryeowook agreed before Yesung pulled the brunette closer and felt his boyfriend press his head against his chest. Yesung rested his cheek atop Ryeowook’s head and ran a hand up and down his back as they fell asleep.

          After a few hours, Yesung awoke to find Ryeowook coughing against his chest. “You okay?” he whispered, his thumb over Ryeowook’s flushed cheeks.

          “No, my throat hurts,” Ryeowook replied in a raspy voice.

          “You sound like you’re getting sick,” Yesung stated.

          “I’ll call my mom to come get me,” Ryeowook decided before Yesung stopped him from grabbing his phone.

          “No, you don’t have to do that, I’ll take care of you,” Yesung offered.

          “I don’t wanna get you sick,” Ryeowook declined before coughing into his arm.

          “You won’t, I rarely get sick. Lay here, I’ll be right back,” Yesung requested as he stood and left the room. He returned moments later and said “Okay lay back down.”

          Yesung placed a cool washcloth against Ryeowook’s forehead before using another washcloth to gently dab at his red, flustered cheeks. Ryeowook closed his eyes as he felt the cool oasis on his burning face. “That feels nice,” he whispered while Yesung moved the washcloth down to his sizzling neck and cooled it off slowly.

          “I think you have a fever, I’ll go get you some medicine,” Yesung replied, laying the washcloth on the bedside table.

          He walked into the bathroom and retrieved some Tylenol from the cabinet, along with a glass of water. Yesung sat Ryeowook up in his arms and assisted him with taking the pills before lying him back down on the bed. “I’m sorry I’m sick,” Ryeowook apologized.

          “It’s okay Ryeowook, it’s not your fault; do you want something to eat?” Yesung asked.

          “No thank you, but I would like some more water for my throat,” Ryeowook requested. Yesung handed him the glass and watched the brunette drink the cold water to soothe his aching throat.

          “Do you need anything else?” Yesung wondered.

          Ryeowook reached up and took his boyfriend’s hand. “Will you stay in bed with me please?” he whispered.

          The dark haired teen climbed into his bed and scooted closer to his sick boyfriend. “You’re burning up,” Yesung noticed. “Here, sit up.”

          The brunette sat up slowly and felt Yesung slip his jacket off, revealing a t-shirt underneath. Yesung then removed the shirt from Ryeowook’s sweating body. “Now I’m cold,” Ryeowook murmured as he wrapped his arms around his own chest.

          “Lay down, I’ll keep you warm,” Yesung promised as he covered up Ryeowook and grabbed the washcloth off the bedside table before gently pressing it against his boyfriend’s face again. As he lightly brushed the washcloth over Ryeowook’s face and neck, the brunette closed his eyes and fell asleep in Yesung’s arms. “Don’t worry Ryeowook, I’ll take care of you,” he promised to his boyfriend before placing a gentle kiss on his face.

          As Ryeowook slept, Yesung watched the brunette breathe in and out slowly, his chest rise and fall and his eyelids flutter as he dreamed. “Ryeowook,” Yesung whispered. The dark haired teen his fingers over Ryeowook’s cheek before saying quietly “I know you can’t hear me, but I think I’m in love with you.” He kissed his lips once more before laying his head next to his boyfriend’s, and closing his eyes.