Chapter 28

After a Minute

          Valentine’s Day was going to be coming up in the next few days, and Leeteuk and Kangin knew that their boys would want to have some alone time with their boyfriends, so they decided to take them to the store. “Okay boys, I’m giving you each twenty dollars to get some food or anything you want to use for Valentine’s Day, so spend wisely,” Leeteuk explained as he handed each couple a twenty dollar bill. “And please don’t be too long.”

          Each couple headed off in different directions to find things they’d like. Eunhyuk climbed into a buggy and Donghae pushed him down the aisles as they browsed the shelves. “What should we get for Valentine’s Day?” Eunhyuk wondered.

          “Well what do you want?” Donghae asked.

          “We gotta get more of this,” Eunhyuk stated as he picked up two bottles of honey.

          “Oh, you liked that didn’t you?” Donghae asked with a grin.

          “Yeah, let’s get some other stuff too,” Eunhyuk suggested as they looked at the condiments shelves.

          A few aisles down, Sungmin and Kyuhyun were looking flowers. “Minnie, would you like it if I put some of your favorite flowers up around your bed?” Kyuhyun asked.

          “Are you gonna be staying the night with me on Valentine’s Day?” Sungmin questioned.

          “Yes, I’ll be staying the night,” Kyuhyun confirmed.

          “Okay, we can get flowers,” Sungmin agreed

          “We need to get a bottle of wine too, and this time, I’ll get a kind that won’t make you throw up,” Kyuhyun added as they walked down the alcohol aisle.

          “But Kyuhyun, we’re underage,” Sungmin reminded.

          “C’mon Minnie, it’s a special time, plus it may the last time for a while that we can drink,” Kyuhyun said before kissing Sungmin’s lips quickly.

          “Oh, okay, but will Leeteuk and Kangin let us buy it?” Sungmin asked.

          “We’ll just tell them it’s grape juice,” Kyuhyun convinced.

          Meanwhile over in another section of the store, Heechul and Hankyung were buying candles and Christmas lights to put up around Heechul’s bedroom. “What scent should we get?” Hankyung asked.

          “I don’t care, just pick something that’s calming,” Heechul replied.

          “What about lavender or jasmine; something like that?” Hankyung suggested.

          “Yeah, I like that,” Heechul agreed.

          When Heechul wasn’t looking, Hankyung picked up a bag of rose petals and discreetly hid them under the candles. He wanted to make this a really romantic occasion for his boyfriend, and rose petals would add a nice touch.

          “Yesung what do you think about getting this?” Ryeowook asked, showing his boyfriend some cake mix. “We could make a red velvet cake, since it’s Valentine’s Day.”

          “Yeah, that’s a good idea,” Yesung agreed. “Cake and my boyfriend, the perfect combination.” Ryeowook smiled as he set some more ingredients into their buggy.

          “Honey, what should we make the boys for their Valentine’s Day dinner?” Leeteuk wondered as he and Kangin walked down an aisle and looked at the possibilities on the shelves.

          “I think they should make themselves dinner, and you and I could go out for the night,” Kangin stated. “We haven’t really had some true alone time in months.”

          “But what if the boys want to have, you know, relations?” Leeteuk whispered.

          “Sweetheart, this is time for them to experiment, and it gives us an excuse to get out of the house. Plus I don’t doubt a couple of our boys have already tested the waters of with their partner,” Kangin said.

          “Really; well I can never hear them,” Leeteuk replied.

          Kangin took Leeteuk’s hand and muttered “That’s probably because they’re not screamers like you are.” He smiled before kissing Leeteuk’s nose as the brunette blushed immensely.

          “I do not scream,” Leeteuk quietly defended.

          “Honey, the neighbors can hear you,” Kangin said as he added more things into their cart.

          Now Leeteuk’s whole face was scarlet. “I can’t help that you’re a great lover,” Leeteuk replied, causing Kangin to laugh.

          An hour later, Leeteuk and Kangin were checking out with the eight boys. “Did you guys get everything you needed?” Kangin wondered.

          “Yeah, we got everything to have a good night,” Sungmin agreed.

          “Wonderful, well Kangin and I will be out for the evening on Valentine’s Day, so the whole house will be available to you guys,” Leeteuk informed. “Please don’t destroy the kitchen or burn down my house if you can help it.”

          “Then no one let Donghae use the stove,” Eunhyuk announced.

          “Oh c’mon, I’m not that bad,” Donghae said.

          “Dude, you burn water,” Heechul reminded.

          “It was one time, and it was an accident,” Donghae defended as the others started to laugh.

          “Well Ryeowook and I will need the kitchen the longest, cuz we’re gonna make cake,” Yesung explained.

          “Red velvet cake,” Ryeowook specified.

          “Ooh, you guys better save us some,” Kyuhyun requested.

          “Maybe,” Yesung joked.

          After making their purchases, the couples headed home, anticipating the upcoming holiday, hoping that it would be one of the best nights of their lives. They had to wait a week, but they knew ultimately the wait would be worth it.