57.

The Dragon and The Lion

Kris half gasped, half laughed. He couldn't believe what he just heard.

"You gotta be kidding"

Charlotte shook his head to deny it "You can ask, Luhan if you want"

"Well, that was unexpected. Even more than my wife and best friend sleeping together" he roamed the room with anxiety crawling up his face until it exploded "wouldn't had been easier to fill for divorce for yourself and saved us from all the drama?

"our parents wouldn't allow it. Someone had to get dirty for the person they love and that wasn't going to be you. Am I wrong?"

The girl hit a nerve and kris exploded.

"Still...What were you thinking?! Huh?!" his hands were flying in the air "what are you gonna do later?"

"I am going to fake a miscarriage" she explained with a hollow tone, just like kris she was also tired. very.

Kris stopped on his tracks and stared at her with a perplexed look.

"you are sick"

The words seemed to have entertained charlotte but her eyes were still swollen and red.

"Still got us out of this marriage. You owe me one now, Kris Wu"

Kris sighed and straightened his back. The dragon sunk his gaze on her ex wife. Her small frame and angelical face from before had been tarnished because of his selfish ways.

He clenched his fists and swallowed his ego.

"Thank you"

His voice was neutral, no grudge or sarcasm in it. Charlotte's wide opened eyes witnessed a completely different man. He has become more mature in just an instant, or maybe he had been like that all along; she'd never know.

She just smiled at him.

................................................................................................

Chanyeol had his headphones on his neck as he scribbled something on a document. He could be scary when he was on working mode.

"WHY CAN'T THEY DO THEIR JOB PROPERLY?!" he yelled at no one but still made you flinch and he noticed "this should be played on the video for facebook and this one on the gallery's page. Tell that to the social media department"

"yes" you took the said paper.

"did you fix everything with kris?"

You didn't avert your eyes from the papers "I don't think we are close enough to tell you my private life"

"We are partners in crime remember? You know I helped your friend to bring down his evil ex-wife"

You almost smiled at his evil ex-wife part.

"everything's fine between us now. I guess"

"Are you two dating now?"

This time you looked at him.

"No. but how's that relevant?" you went back to work "we should finish this"

"It's relevant because if you two are dating, then I'll have to fire you"

"what?!" your jaw dropped and he shifted awkwardly on his chair.

"His family is still one of our major sponsors here; and my aunt will rather lose an intern than fighting against his and her family just because of something trivial like that"

"Just so you know, I am dating a guy named Leo"

He recognized the name.

"Jung Leo? The one that worked here?"

"yes"

"wwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaat?" he scoffed big time "how did he even got a girlfriend with that personality and I'm here all single?"

"what's wrong with his personality?"

"nothing. He's just a workaholic...more than me" he scrunched his nose

"I know right?" you imitated his gesture.

Chanyeol laughed.

......................................................................................................................................................................

Meanwhile, in some fast food restaurant that was kind of crowded. Your boyfriend and his friend were taking a break.

"are you two still fighting?" Hakyeon huffed while taking a fry from leo's tray. The younger scowled, because of his food and the question.

"I am not angry at her"

"Yeah, sure" Hakyeon rolled his eyes "you are just jealous"

Leo hesitated "maybe"

"not maybe, you ARE jealous of that ex blonde, aka her former crush, aka your rival and you think she hasn't gotten over him."

The tanned young man hit a nerve. Leo didn't answer and scrolled down through his messages, mostly of them were from school, Hakyeon and clients. And the one from you that was still unanswered.

"you know what?" Hakyeon said "I think you are still traumatized from your previous relationship"

Leo almost spilled his drink.

"She is nothing like that. I know it"

"But there's still a rich gorgeous boy in question right? You are afraid he might stole it away from you"

"no" leo glared at him "I know what you are trying to do but no, I'm not going to fall for it"

"chicken" Hakyeon glared back.

a phone buzzed and both of them checked who it was. It was Leo's.

ParkChanyeol: I met your girlfriend today. She is quite pretty.

Leo frowned as read the message again. And he thought Why was everyone trying to get on his nerves?

Chanyeol: you should be careful. Someone might try to steal her away. 😏

Leo left the conversation on 'seen'

'people don't get stolen' he said to himself and then realized what he should do.

He opened your message and replied with a simple question mark.

You were about to leave the office went you heard the notification sound.

Your heart skipped a beat when you read the sender. it buzzed again a moment later.

USER9011: do you know the abandoned building in downtown?

You thought the question was a little bit random

You: ?? The one that had an art gallery.

User9011: that one. See you there tomorrow at 6

You: why?...dont tell me you are trying to kill me! 😰

User9011: 😈

............

Β 

You typed a few words and then backspace over and over. On the other side Leo was waiting for an answer looking at the 'writing' dots on the message window.

He was so concentrated on his phone that he didn't notice when Hakyeon got a message that made him sigh.

"uhm... I'm leaving first" he took his bag and smiled "good luck with that"

"I can drive you home, it's on the way" Leo looked at him.

"It's okay, I've got some things to do before. See ya tomorrow"

Leo found it strange that HaKyeon – who was always glued to him – suddenly wanted to leave first. Something was off and the only day he had that feeling was when he got known as a thug that hit teachers.

He waited until Hakyeon was far enough to not notice he was being followed. The black haired guy noticed his phone buzzing on his pocket but still ignored it or he could lose Hakyeon.

Thirty minutes later and almost nighttime Hakyeon entered a famous bar that had his doors guarded by two scary looking men. He said something and they let him in. Leo had thought it was about his friend's stepfather but there was no way he could afford to be in that kind of place.

'This gotta be about his real father'

The lion knew it was useless trying to get in but still went for it.

"You can't come in" one of them lightly pushed him back

"why not?" leo asked slightly annoyed.

Neither of the men answered. Leo contemplated the idea of entering by force but that wasn't going to work so he got back to his car and waited until he saw a familiar face walking into the building.

Β 

Meanwhile, Hakyeon got escorted to the VIP room; he thought the place was nicely designed but the smell of cigarettes ruined it.

"he is here, sir" the man who accompanied him said as he opened the door.

"leave us" the middle aged man ordered.

Hakyeon confidently took the seat in front of him.

"I thought we agreed to not see each other" the lion's friend glared at his biological father.

"we did. but charlotte has been a little bit rebelious lately, so i was thinking that maybe my empire's future could be safer if you two managed it together"

Hakyeon faked a gasp "is this my time to shine?" he sarcastically raised his voice, wanting to laugh at his father insolence and then regained his composture and said without hesitation "thanks but no thanks. Weren;t you the one who actully made me sign that contract? - hakyeon clenched his teeth - but now that your little doll has screwed up you come and look for the son that you threw away even before he was born? you really are evil"

the man was surprised by his reaction "think about it, this could benefit your mother as well"

"don't you dare drag my mother into this!" his son hit the table so hard that one of the body guards had to confirm he wasnt hitting his boss.

Hakyeon stood up and Mr Kim had to look up to see him.

"I'll give her the life she deserves without your help" the lion's friend was irrecognoziable, his usual friendly face was twisted with anger and his voice was hoarse "now go back to your filthy family and never show up in front of me"

"Son..."

"Don't call me that!"

.....

Charlotte glanced at the almost trice her size guys standing infront of the doors and walked between them with her usual coinfidence.

"Mrs. Charlotte is on the way" one of em i formed the guy keeping the door to the room where hakyeon and mr kim were talking.

"Let her in" Hakyeon and Charlotte's father ordered when he was informed and then eyed his son "let's see if you are telling the truth"

The clear eyed girl walked trough the door like she owned the place -well, almost- hakyeon looked calm but he felt his hands going cold from nervousness. On the other side, charlotte was clearly surprised.

"You?" Her eyebrows skyrocketed.

"Hello" hakyeon awkwardly waved his hand, he was still a little worn out from the discussion.

"You two know each other?" The old man faked ignorance.

"yes" hakyeon smiled "a little"

.............................................................................................................................................................................

Gotta go to work! writting the next part when i get home...

Β meanwhile, enjoy!

Β