11

The Dragon and The Lion

The morning proceeded slower than usual, you were happy about getting the scholarship but the thought of Kris meeting his fiancée would overcloud it.

“What if she is pretty?” you thought as you walked in one of the corridors to the inner patio before sitting in one of the benches surrounded by rosebushes and placed the binder on your lap and reading the notes you just took to add some personal comments for Kris.

“she must be, most of rich people are beautiful” you bit the end of the pen nervous and tried to focus on what you were doing but it was useless, the thoughts kept coming to your mind every second.

“I hope she has a bad personality, or she has a boyfriend… that would be ideal”

Your phone vibrated again and you took it out.

User9011: So you didn’t make it? Good luck for the next time

You: What makes you think that?

User9011: Am I right? That’s too bad. Let me inform you: I got in!

More than make you angry, it actually made you smile and felt happy for him.

You: Well, let me inform you: you weren’t the only one.

Leo smiled and spark of happiness flashed in his eyes. He looked around for Hakyeon but he wasn’t near and he sat in a bench next to a bush full of white roses. Little did he know you were behind the plant.

User9011: Congratulations!

You: You too, we should celebrate.

He hesitated on what to answer looking away from his phone for a second and then getting back to it and pressing on the icon button. He wasn’t really familiar with the characters but knew a little because Hakyeon always sent them along his messages.

You: I know, I know… You only use this for school

You typed at his reply taking so long

- This one should do – he said and selected a hand holding a cup gesturing a toast.

User9011: “to our success”

You: to our success - you sent the same icon – and to you for telling me the info, I wouldn’t have made it without it.

User9011: You already thank me for that.

You: >L I’m being nice here… what a grump you are.

Leo gasped faking being offended before chuckling and typing.

User9011: I don’t like being thanked that much. It feels fake.

You: Well it varies from person to person. But it is sincere since it comes from me.

User9011: now it feels even more fake.

You huffed and were about to come up with something to reply to him but you received a text from Kris; it was a picture of two different suits, one was dark blue and the other was black. Along the message: which one should I wear?

- Unbelievable – you snorted and put the phone in your bag and focused on the roses before deciding to use your new earbuds and taking your phone out again and plugged in you earbuds to listen to Ellie Goulding’s Burn, so maybe your mood would lighten up.

Meanwhile Leo was staring at his phone waiting for your answer.

- “It was a joke, sorry” – he mouthed and typed it down before pressing backspace all the way – why should I apologize? Focus Jung Taekwoon. Don’t get too carried away.

He sighed and placed his phone away as Hakyeon was walking up to him.

- I’m no interested in your conversations – he huffed and sat beside his friend.

- Sure, you are not – Leo rolled his eyes

– I just saw the girl from the parking lot on the cafeteria; she was yelling something to her friends about his boyfriend. She must have been dumped; this is a chance – Hakyeon said enthusiastically.

- Cut it off - Leo raised his voice – I already told you that I’m not interested.

Hakyeon apparently understood he was serious about it, and that he should drop the subject. But then something popped on his mind.

- What if this girl is “that” girl – he pointed at Leo’s phone as if he was referring to you.

Leo tried to visualize that beautiful blonde girl in front of the PC or on her phone talking about rich kids and making sarcastic jokes. But the idea just didn’t matched; especially when she looked like her family had plenty of money.

- I don’t think so … stop making ideas.

- Well, I wouldn’t if you just show me the pho… – he replied not being serious.

- Never – Leo cut him off.

- Not that I was interested, anyways – he snorted and shrugged – but what if she is ugly!?

Leo’s eyes widened a little and he looked flustered for a moment but he put his pokerface back on and leaned lower on the bench.

- I don’t really care – his voice came out higher than expected – what if she is? It’s not like I want to meet her… even if she is a beauty.

“yeah right” Hakyeon mentally rolled his eyes.

- … I just… think that it’s good to talk with someone whose mind is similar to mine.

- But it would be good if she was pretty, right? All men think the same…

- I’m not like all the men, and maybe she thinks I’m ugly too… or a ert – he smiled as he remembered your first conversations – we aren’t flirting, okay?

- booooring.

Leo looked at his phone expecting your reply but there were not new messages. But his phone indicated that was time for class to start.

- we better get going – Hakyeon said but Leo insisted that he didn’t want to miss the beautiful weather and he was excented in “The Frog” class thanks to the report you lend him the other day. The older didn’t insist and was about to leave but stopped just when he turned around.

- what is it? – Leo asked, looking up to him.

- n.. nothing – he dismissed himself and stormed out to class.

Leo felt curious and stood up to, looking at the same direction Hakyeon was looking before. There was a girl sleeping soundly on the bench behind the rosebush, she had her earbuds on and was seated with her head balancing slowly back and forth. You.

“What the … who sleeps in the middle of the school… well, not my business” he shrugged and turned around to his own bench. His eyes widen when he saw a group of guys from the basketball club walking towards you, he looked to them and then at you, all harmless sleeping on a bench.

- Hey, wake up… - he softly said and tried to move you but you seemed unnafected.

An annoyed growl escaped under his teeth before he took out his jacket and tossed it softly on your face to cover you and expected for you to wake up, which you didn’t, before going back to his seat. The last thing he needed was more rumors about him spreading around, especially right after he got his scholarship.

The guys finally walked by taking a glimpse at the covered figure and just chuckled continuing their way. At least, they didn’t found out it was you.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As I promised, I'm updating faster? Did you like this chapter? Do you want a double update?

Remember to comment comment comment! and vote and share with your friends :) ♥

You are the best! you