32 part II

The Dragon and The Lion

It took you a moment to process what he just said. You felt as if time had stopped on the ice ring.

"did you just ...mmm... Confess? You gather all your courage to look him in the eye.

He looked down at you, no doubt in his eyes even though his cheeks had a shade of pink on them.

"yes, I did"

"why?"

You realized how stupid that sounded just when it was out of your lips. However, being the gentleman he is, he chuckled and held your hands in his, your first instict was to reject it but something in his touch made you stay still, it was warm and gentle just what you needed on that moment.

"people usually confess when they like someone, you know?" He gave you a mischevious grin.

"But..."

"no buts. I like you and that's it"

Your mouth hung open at his clever statement as he slowly dragged you on the ice, hands tickling when he moved his fingers under yours.

"so you like a girl you just met?"

"Could it be love at first sight?" He replied still smiling “to be honest, I don’t even know why I find you so interesting and charming”

The Leo that night was someone completely unknown to you and probably most of the school population; even though you didn’t want to admit you liked the idea of being the only one who probably knew this side of him.

“you are blushing” he teased and you gasped.

“IM NOT” you gasped.

“that’s good because you were all blue lately and I wanted to make you smile, no matter what. At least today.”

“sorry…it’s just…”

He shook his head no

“I understand. He means a lot to you…”

A throbbing pain stung your chest at his words. The ice suddenly felt denser under the blades but he kept holding your hands firmly.

“…and I don’t want to replace him or for you to forget about him. I want to be a new light in your life”

“Leo…it’s not that simple”

“shhh” he hushed you “just for today, okay?”

You gulped down the rising emotions in your throat. How could you say no when he was looking at you like you were the only girl in the world? Were you being selfish for feeling lucky?

You nodded.

“Do you want to watch a movie?” he asked when you were putting on your shoes.

“Sure. Which one?”

“Your choice” he said as he tied his boot.

“I like the cheesy, full of romance and cliché ones”

“What a coincidence!” he obviously lied

 

When you got there, both of you started to argue about superheroes movies. He tried to convince you it was more visual effects that storyline and you’d say movies like that were meant to be entertaining. There were no romantic or comedy movies screening at the time so you went with an action one. After buying the tickets (that he paid even though you insisted you wanted to buy yours) he got a large size popcorn and two sodas.

Your pulse speeded up when the lights went off, your thoughts ran wild when you saw a couple kissing a few rows in front of you but contrary to what were expected in a date, both concentrated on the movie and eating popcorn, mouthfuls of popcorn, he glanced at you from time to time, smiling at your reaction every time a character was in danger.

“that was great! I’ll tell my brother to watch it, he’s into that type of movies” you said enthusiastically.

“how old is he?”

“fourteen going trough eighteen”

“good, that makes thing easier for your parents”

Right, he didn’t know you and your brother lived alone.

“No parents. It’s just me and him” you answered with the most neutral tone possible to not make it awkward but his expression told you that you failed.

“I’m sorry”

“It’s not been that hard, thanks to…” you stopped midway. Kris’ name was forbidden that day “He focused on studies and sports instead of going all rebel like other kids would. That’s good enough”

“That’s why you wanted the scholarship…”

“yeap. You saved me that day”

“I just replied a post” he shrugged and smiled “and I don’t regret it”

“glad to hear that”

“To be honest, I wasn’t going to reply but I don’t know…something kept telling me to do it. I guess it was fate”

You laughed trying to hide the color of your cheeks but it was impossible.

The night was dreamy, like it was taken out of a romantic novel, he kept telling you thing about him as if he wanted you to get to know him better and vice versa. When you walked outside the cinema the weather had gotten colder and windier thus, you made a quick stop to buy warmer clothes. You picked a trench coat that covered just above your knees but he chose a longer one; you playfully glared at him because of how well it fitted him for being tall. He was just standing and he looked like a mannequin in apparel, unlike you whose ponytail was a mess that you had to let your hair down.

You two kept walking in the cold weather without a destination, enjoying each other’s company until he noticed your nose getting redder and redder.

“I’ll take you home” he suggested taking a black beanie from one of his coat and carefully sliding it on your head until it covered your eyes and you protested and pull it up to your forehead.

“Sure but it’s quite far, its better if I take a taxi”

“I brought my car”

“what?” you opened your mouth more than necessary “you have a car? Then why do you walk to school”

“Because is nearby and I like to walk” he kept it simple.

 

Both walked back to where his car was; it was a recent model black car; nothing to fancy but still better than what you could afford in a couple of years. He opened the door for you, like a total gentleman.

He was a skilled driver, like Kris, but unlike the latter he drove smoothly almost cautious exceeding the limit by a few miles. He kept his eyes on the road as a ballad song played in the speakers. A familiar song, just that it was an instrumental version.

“oh my god! Do you like that song?!” you enthusiastically asked. Actually, way too enthusiastically.

“Don’t you?” he replied with a grin, looking at you from the corner of his eyes.

The song was A thousand Years by Christina Perry; you remembered that you posted the lyrics by mistake on your school account and he (it was Hakyeon actually) liked it, ending up in a conversation about your problems with Kris.

“I like this version, a lot better” he said

“yeah, it’s beautiful”

“So…” he paused, meditating if he should ask the next thing “are you still waiting?” he made a reference to your post and the lyrics of the original song.

“I thought you said I should not talk about him”

“I know. But I want to know”

You held your breathe for a few seconds to let it out in a loud sigh.

“I told you it’s not that simple, he will get marry soon” the words were enough to squeeze your heart “really soon. I can’t keep waiting for something that is not coming but I’m not moving on either. I’d probably stay still until it’s all finally over”

Leo felt remorse for being happy about Kris getting married, even if it made you miserable. He started to balance what was more important to him: your happiness or his own. He didn’t answer or continued the conversation.

“It’s there” you pointed out your house as he made a turn.

He stopped the car in front of your door.

“thank you. It’s been a while since I had so much fun” you said as you were grabbing your gifts.

“yeah, me too”

Somehow you found yourself not wanting to get off the car; because once you closed the door the enchantment would be over and you’d go back to the reality where Kris is everything to you.

“let’s go out again” he suggested with a shy tone.

“of course”

The front door of your house shut closed, making you turn to look at it. The tall silhouette standing in front of it, made you feel as if a hole had opened in your chest; his eyes were glaring at you full of resentment and disappointment. The dim light upon his brown hair made his features even darker and stronger.

What was he doing there? Why? When? You panicked and Leo noticed so he took your hand on his as Kris walked down the steps of your home.

“Hey” Leo called you with a soothing voice, you were still in his car and you wanted him to ignite the engine and drive away.

“I….” You choke.

Kris was getting closer and closer.

“Do you want to crush a wedding?” Leo asked with a crooked smile, forcing you to look at him in the eye.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

HUHUHUHUHU!! Leo's hyde (as a reader said) is baaaack!

It was a long wait right? It's because I went to Mexico City for Boyfriend's concert on my birthday >u< !!

(I got to meet a mexican boyband called CD9 too by coincidence and they are all really nice people. I took pictures with them)

and after that I got a lot of work accumulated and I'va also been editing a new video for BLANK (A-MUST-READ-STORY)

I will edit a new video for this story too after I finish it.

Thank you for your patience and support, don't forget to comment and upvote :)