55 part 1

The Dragon and The Lion

After kris calmed down a little, you moved to your room cause your brother had some friends over in the living room. Your friend sat on your bed and you on the desk's chair; there was a half eaten pizza next to him and a slice on your and his hands.

"So you are going to wait until the baby is born to announce the divorce so that it won't affect charlotte's public image?"

"Yes" he said before taking a bite.

"But the baby is not yours right?"

"Nope" he hesitated about telling you the truth "luhan is the father...still the public will think it's mine but legally speaking i wont have to take any responsability for him or her"

"But what about charlotte?"

"She'll be fine...she lives to please her parents and they live to take care of her so they were pleased by my proposal"

"And your parents?"

"Well, i ran away so i'll face them tomorrow..."

He showed a concerned expression for a moment. 

"good luck with that" you said.

"what can be worse than them locking me up in my room so I can't meet you?" he scoffed

"I don't know ...mmm ...what if they freeze all of your cards and kick you out of the family?"

kris considered the option for a second and then started to laugh really loud.

"that can't happen, I'm the only heir and I've got no relatives. And I've got plenty of cash...somewhere"

"wow, you really thought all the possibles outcomes, didn't you?" you walked to the bed to write one more slice.

"I did...kind of" he admitted with a half smile, that quickly faded away "except the outcome where you'd fall in love with another man"

your heart dropped in free fall to your feet. you had to say something, something to stop him from hurting himself any longer.

"that's..."

"stop" he said witha deep voice "what's done is done...and no matter what you say you'll go to him, anyways. that guy won your heart fairly, I get it"

"That doesn't mean we can't be friends anymore...you are still special to me"

kris scoffed again "are you sending me to the friendzone...seriously?" a smile played on his lips.

"no... it's not that...it's just...I'm with Leo now" your choice of words was so you hurt him the least posible.

"You already said that before but that doesn't mean I am going to give up. I'll just wait for the right moment when he makes a mistake and take you back"

"Don't, kris. Waiting for someone to love you back is very painful and tiring"

"Are you saying that out of experience?"

"Yes" you honestly replied "but i am sure there are girls that are way better than me out there and she'll see the amazing man that you are and love you much more than me"

You kept going over about how he was awesome and all that but at some point your friend stopped listening to tour words and paid close attention to your gestures, the way your eyes moved from side to side while looking for the right words, how you raised your hands open to enfatize something.

Kris looked at you and started to remember the middle school you and the high school you, noticing how much you've changed over the years.

He couldn't contain a warm and proud smile because it was something that leo would never get to live like he did.

Yet, the regret of losing was something that he'd probably will never shake off him.

He couldn't admit defeat just like that, not without trying till the very end.

"And on top of everything..." you were cut off by kris' lips against yours.
They weren't pressing but barely brushing like he was tempting you to start the kiss.

But you held back, not only because you were really dumbfounded by his sudden actions.

"Aren't you going to push me away"  he whispered, eyes closed and not moving.

"If I do, you'll leave, won't you? I don't want that but I can't answer you"

"Then.." he moved closer and now you could feel him pressing your lips.

But it was only for a second because the sound of your door opening made you pull back from him.

You didn't want your brother to catch you in an awkward situation with kris right?

The bad this was that the door wasn't open by your brother.

It was Leo.

.............................

Hellooo!! 

A really short chapter right? But i wanted to keep my promise of updating before my bday ends!

Its 11:43 PM here!

Don't forget to comment vote and share!

I haven't had the time to reply but I am always grateful for your thoughts! THANKS!