22.

The Dragon and The Lion

 

“You totally like her” his friend whispered with a playful voice, never expecting the answer he heard from Leo.

“What if I do?” he replied looking away a little bit flustered, even though he tried to pretend otherwise.

Hakyeon had to pick his jaw up from the floor, the corner of his mouth hurt a little because of the huge smile he had on that moment.

“I knew it! I was right… as usual” he scoffed “now you can’t take it back”

“I won’t” he replied without looking at his friend, his soft voice sounded lower. Hakyeon understood he was being serious about it.

Leo’s mind was focused on finding a way to answer your previous message with something that somehow, would make the conversation last longer, but was interrupted when Hakyeon abruptly bumped his shoulder.

“Hey, she is walking this way” he rapidly whispered and straightened up his back before faking to be reading “act normal”

“And what’s ‘normal’?” Leo huffed amused to his anxious friend reaction.

“Shut up, here she comes” he looked back to the folder.

Leo stared at his phone and then back at you when he thought you had already passed by them but his eyes found yours for a brief moment until you nodded politely and kept walking with your phone in your hand. His gaze followed you for an instant before his phone rang.

You: Thank you again.

He hurried up and typed down the first answer that crossed his mind.

User9011: I’d be good if you could go. It’s a great chance to meet people related to our expertise area.

Hakyeon tried to steal a glance but he wasn’t fast enough for Leo’s ability of hiding his phone from him.

You: yeah, I hope I can. But I have to take care of my brother.

“Damn! I should have told him that…well, he doesn’t sound like a bad person” you whispered to yourself before taking your phone to your bag and entering the now familiar students’ office.

“Good morning” the girl greeted you.                                          

“Hi there, again. Uhm… I heard something about a conference for the scholarship students”

“Yes. Here’s all you need to know: the program, the benefits and the list of thing that are forbidden and allowed” she took a set of sheets from her desk and handed it to you “they need your confirmation of assistant tomorrow”

“Okay, thank you” you answered while flipping and fast-reading some pages, stopping in your tracks when you recognized two names from the list of sponsors: Skyline Financial Group and Wu Real Estate Group. It had been long since you heard the first name but it was engraved deep in your mind since that day Kris told you he was going to get engaged to their daughter.

Somehow, your motivation faltered as you left the office sighing and mentally asking if that was some kind of cosmic reminder that you shouldn’t be doing…whatever you were doing with Kris.

When you finally arrived home your brother was already there playing video games.

“I’m back” you rose up your voice and he just waved his hand for a second before taking it back to the control “hey… do you think you can survive without me for three days?”

“Of course” he paused the game and turned to look at you “but where are you going? Don’t tell me you are escaping with bro” he mocked a perplexed expression making you laugh.

“If we were escaping I wouldn’t have told you. It’s an important conference abroad”

“mmm, okay but you better bring me some souvenirs” the not-so-little boy scoffed.

“We’ll see” you stick out your tongue before moving upstairs and the noise from the video game filled the living room again.

Once in your room you literally hurled your shoes away along with your bag which immediately retrieved from the floor when you recalled your phone being in there.

You googled the hotel you were going to stay, as well as the touristic places in that town and the people that would participate in the conference; they all were famous designers and artists.

You: have you seen the list of exhibitors? It’s going to be amazing!!!

 User9011: yeah, I just got the documents. Looks like a paradise for artists. So are you going?

You: of course I am. And you?

Leo half smiled while putting the phone away in order to start cooking dinner for Hakyeon who was setting the table but moved closer to Leo and taking his phone without him noticing. He read the message almost at the speed of light.

“Boring” he rolled his eyes and typed down as fast as he could and placing it back to where it was.

User9011: Yeah, I think I’d go…so how was your day?

Then Leo took the phone when it rang again; he read the message twice before glaring at Hakyeon who immediately averted his eyes.

“You should stop doing that” Leo threatened him.

“Okay, okay. I’m sorry but if I hadn’t …”

“Just don’t do it again” the angry younger man spoke up, while the older huffed.

You: well, better than expected. In part, thanks to you.

User9011: good to hear that.

You: what about yours?

User9011: Not so good, the frog keeps giving me hell with some reports.

You: he is like that to the freshman. When you become a sophomore he’ll be nicer, trust me.

User9011: sounds like I will spend my first year in the library.

He replied and started to place the food in the plates before moving to the table with Hakyeon whose eyes’ devoured the food even before start eating it.

You: Most likely yes.

You rolled on your bed with the phone in your hands and started typing but stopped half-way before scanning and hesitating about what you were going to send. Your mind traveled to the day you were waiting on the line; there were some guys but none of them matched the idea you had of him but then again, it was just an idea. He could have been any of them and neither of you knew you were standing next to each other.

Kris’ voice echoed in your head telling you that it wasn’t safe and he forbidden you from asking but you pushed it away and pressed the button.

You: do you think we have met before?

Leo chocked and almost spit the water he was drinking; Hakyeon looked at him with widen eyes but chose to not ask, mostly because he knew Leo wouldn’t tell him the reason behind his out-of -character reaction.

User9011: why are you asking?

All the times your paths crossed flashed in his mind and he wondered if you had discovered his identity. But it wasn’t possible, was it? The seconds you took to answer felt like hours to him but his shoulders finally relaxed when the sound of his phone rang on his ears.

You: don’t know, just asking. Don’t answer if you don’t want.

User9011: it’s possible that we have passed next to each other.

He convinced himself he wasn’t lying. Meanwhile you wondered if you should dare to ask him another question which you certainly knew he was going to reject.

You: well, maybe. Can I ask you something?

User9011: what?

You: I know it’s sudden and I’ll get it if you don’t want to answer but I was wondering: what do you look like?

“Hey, are you even going to eat?” Hakyeon waved his hand in front of his friend’s face that had turned even paler then.

“This is important” he nodded at his phone.

User9011: what do you think I look like?

You: hey, that’s cheating. I asked first.

User9011: you said I could not answer if I didn’t want to and I’m replying.

You: well, I can’t picture you that well but you sound mature to be a freshman.

User9011: That’s because I’m a freshman but I didn’t enter college right away. I worked 1 year after high school.

You: that’s awesome doesn’t ring any bells about how you look -.-

Leo typed a negative answer but for the first time he thought about what Hakyeon told him of being antisocial.

User9011: do you want me to send you a picture?

“well, that was unexpected” you murmured but rolled again in a way you ended up upside down on your bed.

You: whatever.

Leo snorted after reading your message. He took his silver ring off his finger and placed it on the table before taking a couple of pictures and sent you the best shot.

“So now you are sending pictures to each other? What happened to the ‘I’m never talking to her again’?” the tanned guy mocked him. Leo kicked him below the table.

You were a little bit disappointed when you got the picture, because you expected to finally have a look of his face but he sending you that photo proved that he didn’t want to show himself. At least not at that time.

You: that’s a good ring (y).

User9011: a friend gave it to me.

You: do you want me to send you a picture?

Leo considered the option but refused it. Because, accepting would make him look like a creepy stalker and he really didn’t needed it for he already knew your face.

User9011: Not interested.

You, in the other hand, felt insulted.                               

You: well, I wasn’t going to send it anyway. I have to go get everything ready for the trip. Good night.

User9011: good night.

He sighed and put the phone down.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 Hello! you

I'm back with a weekly update! how you've been liking this fic?

I had a lot of fun writting this chapter because this marks the start of Leo's attack! The next chapters will be about the trip and I can't wait to start writting them because some interesting and intense things will happen there.!! ~

In another note. I uploaded the prologue of my newest fic staring infinite's L. here is the link: BLANK 

Thanks again for your support! ~~ 

btw, I made some edits: http://lifeisnotafanfic.tumblr.com/post/97874293532/the-dragon-the-lion-edit