49.

The Dragon and The Lion

"I want you to get that girl out of my son's life"

Leo was expecting something like that since he set foot on that office but still couldnt believe that mr wu would say it like that.

he took a deep breathe as he was walking on thin ice; one wrong word and his company could be destroyed in a blink.

"you mean my girlfriend, sir?" leo laced his fingers and crossed his legs

"good thing, you are smart" he sarcastically said "you see, she is been distracting kris from what he is supposed to do and even though I tried to convince her, she always comes back to him"

Those last words stung on his chest like a needle but he knew that it was most likely kris looking for you.

The following silence was nervewrecking. Leo leaned closer to the table and took the pen as he carefully looked at the paper infront of him

His bussiness or his...girlfriend?. Yeah, he knew that he forcefully pushed that title on you but had you accepted? No, you two havent had the chance to talk properly.

"With all respect sir, I think you are mistaken. And I'd be abusing of you generous offert if I accept this because I'm not planning on returning her to him..."

Kris father was about to say something but Leo spoke faster.

"They are just mere acquantances now...I won't ask you to keep your son away from her...I won't let him get close to her any more than that"

he closed the folder and pushed back at the man before stanfing up.

"thanks for the offert" he bowed polietly.

Mr. Wu looked at him speechless for a second until he started to laugh.

"You have guts, boy. you are going to get far"

The younger man didnt reply, just nodded and left with the uncertainty of not knowing if Mr. Wu would destroy him.

He was making his way out when he spotted the not so welcomed face of his rival,Kris, getting off of his sports car.

Better avoid him, I don't want anything to do with this family drama anymore.

And with that, he tried to hide his face and walked on the opposite direction.

.......................

You havent had a reply from Leo ever since that message so you had to get another plan. Call Hakyeon; who was just shopping around when his phone went off and 'Mysterious girl' appearead on the screen.

"Should I reply or should I not?" he said to himself "Leo will kill me if I speak more than needed but it might be an emergency so..." he slid his finger on the red button by accident "oh shoot"

"Did he just...rejected my call?"

he called you back after a few seconds.

"hello?" you said

"hiii!! sorry i accidentaly hung up" he pleaded with his hands as if you were able to see him "then,what can I help you with?"

"Is Leo okay? He hasnt replied my messages since...a while"

"he is fine, just busy. by the way, how is work going? no, dont tell me. lets meet up, I need a shopping partner" he chirped "see you at the mall in front of the food court , okay?"

"okay"

and just as soon as he hung up, his phone started ringing again and a brilliant idea popped on his mind.

"ah, Leo. Nothing, just shopping. want some coffee? my treat. okay, see you at the mall in front of the food court in an hour" he smiled innocently.

Someone needs to push them a little

You arrived at the food court and spotted the tall, tanned guy with the on point style, right away. and he felt your eyes on him. Hakyeon stomped towards you with a big smile plastered on his face.

"Misteryous girl!! I've missed you~" he pulled you into a bear hug.

"I missed you too, Hakyeonnie" you hugged back "I can call you hakyeonnie, right?"

"Of course!" he smiled wider "I'll call you misty. short for misteryous girl"

"I like it"

It was the first time someone gave you a nickname. You loved how easy going N was.

"Let's go. There is this new coffee shop I want to go; but I also want to buy new accesories. what do you want to do first?"

"shopping, definitely"

you wandered around a few shops with Hakyeon; he would tell you if something suited you or not, and viceversa.

"you know what?" he told you as you were trying a long blouse infront of a mirror "I think you shoud cut you hair shorter, for a change"

you contamplated the idea.

"I think something like pixie cut would look amazing on you. if not, then I'll shave my head"

"I don't know it's too risky"

"risks are good"

"I dont take risks"

"And that's why you are caught up in that mess. You have to be brave in every aspect if you want success"

Somehow, hakyeon sounded like one of those motivational coaches. And it led you to the stylists chair.

The beauty shop was so fancy that you regretted once you set foot on it. All in black and some white minimalistic and cold design and there was no trace of dirt to be found. Even the staff was shiny and stylish.

"I dont think i can pay this" you whispered to hakyeon.

"Dont worry about it. I have connections" he proudly replied.

"Hakyeonnnn" one of the stylist shouted once she noticed him "what brings you here...omg dont tell me you want to dye your hair again?"

The small but beautiful middle aged woman asked. She gave the impression of being in char

"No no no, this time Ive brought a friend, she wan...needs an urgent makeover and who is better than you to do it"

"But we are packed for today...you should come tomorrow..."

Hakyeon pouted "i understand" he looked down at you "i guess your date with leo will have to wait"

The stylist woman's eyes grew bigger.

"Is she Leo's girlfriend?"

"Yeap. Quite pretty, isnt she?"

"Lovely" she clapped rather excited and looked around. But all the staff and chairs werent available "go to my office"

You glanced confused at hakyeon who led you to a even more beautiful room, with the same style as the rest of the shop but way more detailed.

"Leo and I made all the interior design of this whole place...in case you were about to ask" he plopped on the black leather couch "it was a project for a class so we did it almost for free"

You couldnt believe it but then you remebered Leo's room, it was very detailed and classy just like that salon so it made sense.

"Everything's ready" the manager appeared with a tool cart and told you to seat on one of the office chairs.

Hakyeon got a message and excused himself out.

"So how long had you've been dating leo?" The manager asked as she skillfully handled your hair.

"It hasn't been that long" you replied unsure.

"I see. You are lucky, you know? He doesn't let just anyone to get close to him, even if you try to be friends he'd put on a wall between the two. So being his girlfriend means he really wanted you in his world"

Her words made you reflect on how had you've been treating Leo until then...

........................

Hakyeon met Leo, who immediately dragged him to the coffee shop.

"Didn't you go shopping?where are your bags?"

"I left them on my car. But that is not important, how did the appointment with that man go? Did he threaten you?"

"Not exactly. He offered me the best contract I will probably see in my life but in exchange. i had to 'take her out' of his son's life" leo was clearly pissed off.

"How?"

"The contract said I had to marry her and move abroad. All paid by the Wu family"

"You signed that?"

"Of course not. Like I'd trust anything coming from that bastard's family"

"That's my friend! You are just too cool! I'd marry you,man" hakyeon slapped leo's shoulder, whose face showed a faint proud smile "but misty would never forgive me"

"Who is misty?"

"Your girlfriend. Misteryous girl. We just decided our nicknames, she call me hakyeonnie. Cute, right?"

"You guys at choosing nicknames" the black haired guy tried to look indifferent as he took the last sip of his drink.

"Are you jealous?" The older one teased "how do you call her then?"

Leo remembered every time since he met you. And he'd never even called you by your name.

"J-just by her name" he blushed pretty bad. Lie exposed.

"booooring"

Hakyeon got another message, this time from the stylist telling that you were ready.

He dragged Leo out with the excuse of shopping hair products at the salon.

They arrived and it didnt take long for Leo to spot you sitting on the waiting room reading a magazine.

He had to blink once to double check it was you. Whatever they did to you, they did it right because leo didnt hesitated to go to you.

"This wasnt what i had in mind but i guess it had the effect i wanted" he shrugged and kind of congratulated the stylist

"You should really stop making people cut their hair for a 'change'" she punctuated on the air "if leo likes her why would you try to change her.

Leo looked past the woman's head "it's not enough, when she is trying to get over him" she pointed with his index finger and she turned around.

"Who is that?" She gasped as she scanned the tall, handsome man walking by the shop.

"Leo's rival" hakyeon glared at kris, who was unaware of his presence making a call.

"I should have shaved her head"