34.

The Dragon and The Lion

With a final grip if your hand Leo let you go not before asking if you were going to be okay. Little did you know he was asking it to himself as well.

As soon as the door if his car shut closed, a deep sigh escaped his lips.

"what am I doing?"

Your hands and legs were trembling and it wasn't because of the weather, it took all your will power to open the door.

The sound of a gunfire coming from the living room startled you followed by your brother shouting victorious.

"2 out of 3 games! I win, bro"

"It's just because I let you win" a familiar voice scoffed

Kris and your younger brother were playing as if nothing had happened during the last few months. It was just like before until your friend notice you standing there and the smile fell from his face and so did your strength.

"How was your date?" your brother made sure to emphasize the last word.

An emotion flashed on Kris face but it disappeared too soon to read it.

"it was great"

"yeah, I could tell" Kris spoke up but you decided to ignore him.

"I'm so tired. I'm going to sleep, feel at home Kris" you waved up as you walked up the stairs, dragging your feet.

"Can we talk?" Kris was already behind you.

You gulped down the fear towards those words.

"okay" you gestured for him to enter your room.

"uhmmm... I bought a present for you and your brother, of course" his shoulders were tensed and he was avoiding looking you in the eye.

"thanks"

"I hope you like it" He said as he took an expensive looking jewelry box from the pocket of his jacket.

Your heart skipped a beat and a loud gasp could be heard in the room.

A delicate and very feminine golden ring showed up when he opened the box. It had a small diamond in the center, making it look like a wedding ring.

"are you serious, kris?" your batted your eyelashes to prevent the tears from falling.

"What? Don't you like it"

"why are you doing this, just right before your wedding?"

The look on his face showed that he didn't mean any harm but yet you were about to break.

"I've had enough with getting an invitation to the worst day of my life and yet you come and give a ring just like the one you are going to place on her finger!?"

"they sent an invitation?"

Without replying you took the envelope from your purse and shove it on his face.

"I...I'm sorry" he stuttered "I didn't know he – his father – was this twisted"

"Well, he is as much as you don't have tact for presents"

Said that everything fell silent, a now recurrent situation when you were with him.

"I'm not going to place a ring on her finger, it's more like my family is placing a chain finger on hers" he spoke with a low voice "she doesn't even want this marriage but I realized she is useless without her family's name, just like me"

"So you will go on with that marriage?" the question burned your throat and eyes.

"yes" his eyes were bloodshot red, just like yours "I will"

You kept staring at him as he looked at you with the fakest smile on his face. He stared at you as a tear rolled down your cheek.

"So that's it? You only came here to say that?"

"No, I wanted to apologize to you for being a selfish bastard with you all this time" he lowered his head and took your hands in his "I'm sorry for always talking about me when you were having a hard time, I'm sorry for forgetting your birthday, for being late to our dates, for not realizing your feeling earlier. And most of all I'm sorry for keeping your hopes up instead of letting you go to find your own happiness"

He, then, slowly leaned towards you, cupping your face in his hand and carefully placing his lips on yours for a brief second before pulling away from you. But you refused the idea by wrapping your arms in the back of his neck and pulling him closer again, you kissed him this time for a long while until you needed to breathe.

Kris looked down to his watch "there's still some time left before the night finishes. Can I stay here 'till then?"

You nodded and were about to walk out the room but was stopped by his sudden question.

"Why did you left with him before?"

"Because I was scared to face you" you didn't turn to look at him "because I wanted to hold until the last minute but I've come to the conclusion that we cant distance ourselves from one another, no matter how much you push me away I will always return to you and vice-versa" you faced him "so I've decided that I will not run anymore from whatever it's coming"

'oh, also me ad my new friends have a plan to crush your wedding' you conscience added but you stopped your tongue from pronouncing the words.

"Will you still love me even after I get married?"

He is just words and only thinks about himself  Leo had said before and that question made you think about those words again.

"Probably..."

He is not worth you Leo kept popping in our mind

"But there's nothing that time can't heal, right? You probably will stop loving me one day and you will get used to Charlotte"

He stepped forward, letting a small growl of discomfort, pinning you against the door. Your heart raced like crazy that you feared you might faint right there when he imprison you with his arms, his hands resting on the door and he leaned closer.

"Not a chance....That is not possible. Even if I get old and I my hair is white I will never get used to another woman"

You forgot how to breathe for a second.

"Stop, Kris. Please" you stuttered looking to the side avoid any more eye contact.

He then realized that what he was doing didn't match his words about getting married.

"let's go" he pulled away from you, an emotion that you described as pain appeared in his eyes for a brief second "Have you eaten  yet? I've brought  some to go dinner and a cake" he tried to smile but it wasnt convincing anyone.

The mood lightened up as the night went by, you both laughed and told stories about your high school days. The thought of the wedding didnt cross your mind for the rest of the soiree.

 

 

Half week trough and you hadn't heard from Leo or Hakyeon and you barely talked to Kris who seemed to be very busy getting ready for the big day.

You finally took out your phone and typed a new inbox

You: so what's the plan?

He saw the message a few minutes later but didn't reply. You went to look for Hakyeon since you didn't know Leo's address but no one answered when you knocked on the door.

 

 

Meanwhile, Hakyeon was seating in a bench outside a luxurious building waiting until a familiar man wearing a perfectly ironed suit came out. He recognized Hakyeon when he stood up and started walked to him but Charlotte's father didnt stop before the guy had to stand right in front of him.

"Hello Father" Hakyeon's voice had an edge on it.

the man showed a displeased expression "Do you need something? Money? I already sent the allowance to your mother.

Hakyeon bitterly smiled "Should I be grateful for something I didnt ask for?"

"Take it as a treat to keep you both quiet"

"You know I've never had the intention to let the world know you have an illegitimate son but I think I'm starting to change my mind" the dark haired guy's voice was smooth and soothing but at the same time menacing like a rattlesnake sound.

"oh, and what is that for?" Mr. Kim tried to sound unaffected but failed.

"I've met my sister"

The man started sweating at the mention of those words.

"She seems like a capable person, suitable to take care of your empire and on top of that her looks are really high class just like me, of course, but there was something that caught my eye: that unlike me, she doesnt look like you"

Charlotte's father looked from side to side, fearing that somebody could have heard their conversation

"Where are you trying to get?" he exclaimed exasperated.

Hakyeon raised  is index finger to stop him and continued...

"So I made a little Sibling DNA test" Hakyeon recalled the day he stole a make up bag from charlotte's purse "and guess what?" he asked very entertained "we are not even half-siblings!!!"

The man gasped as the color of his face was drained

"So I came to the conclusions: A, she is adopted or B, your wife cheated on you. I really hope it's the second want so you can have the karma dose you deserve"

Mr. Kim glared so badly at his son that Hakyeon feared he might have got beaten up any minute.

"So?" he tried to remain calm "do you really think I'd be shaken by something like that? what's your point kid? even if you tell the world about it, I'll never let you have a share of my empire"

"Oh, but I dont even want a single brick of your oh-so-high empire. What I want is for you to cancel that wedding with the Wu family"

"what?"

"if you don't then I'll make sure the entire business world knows about me, and that she is not even your daughter. You have two days left to think about how it will affect your company's stocks"

Once he said that he walked away leaving an astonished man asking what had just happened.

 

 

"You did what?" Leo shouted on the phone

"As I said I talked to my father"

"are you insane? he could make you disappear at the snap of his fingers! what were you thinking?" he ran his finger through his hair frantically as he passed back and forth in his room.

"to stop that damned wedding!" this time Hakyeon raised his voice so Leo had to remove the speaker from his ear. "I was thinking about letting it go the day of the wedding but I feel bad about that girl, Charlotte so I gave him an ultimatum, I'm sorry, friend. this is all I could do about it"

"thank you"

Hakyeon sighed "lets talk about something else. tell me how is it going with the now-not-so mysterious girl?"

"Haven't talked to her since that day"

"huh? why?"

"I think I made myself clear that night and I don't want to suffocate her. Even if she had sent me some messages I won't reply until the day of the wedding" 

"so dramatic" hakyeon rolled his eyes.

"what if he doesn't cancel it?"

"then it's up to her and you, friend"

 

 

The night before the wedding two messages arrived almost at the same time. The first one was from Kris:

Tomorrow's the day huh? I want you to think about what I told you on Christmas as I'm walking down the aisle and remember that no matter what happens I will always be there for you as a friend. Thank you very much for everything up until now.

The second one was from Leo:

User9011: Sorry for not replying sooner, I'm not sure about Hakyeon's plan either but whatever happens I'll be there for you as whatever you want me to be.

I'll pick you up tomorrow. Good night

You read both and then let out a long sigh as reality hit you, tomorrow everything was going to end and it was the start the start of something new, anxiety crawled up real fast so that you weren't able to stop it. even with that you took your phone, you sat and crossed your legs in lotto position on your bed before taking a deep breathe and texting back

To Kris: I surely will think about it. I'll see you tomorrow.

Good bye, my friend.

The last sentence was literal, no 'see you later' or 'bye bye'. it was a final farewell to your relationship with him if the plan failed.

To Leo:

Thank you, see you tomorrow then. 

After that you turned off your phone and begged for sleep to come quickly.

=====================================================================================

Finally chapter 35: the wedding is happening! OMG!!!!!!!

I know I've been dragging it for so long but I think all the drama was necessary. I couldn't double update as I promised   that day because I hurt my hand so I couldnt finish the chapter. 

Stay tuned for the next update and dont forget to comment, vote and also vote for this story in twitter. Just copy paste:

 #MyWattysChoice The dragon and The lion #kpop
#fanfic #VIXX http://w.tt/1Lzw5bs

THANK YOU!

It's 2 AM I should go to sleep or I'll be like this at work:

Credits to owners in tumblr :)