24.

The Dragon and The Lion

“Can’t you stop it?”

“I’ll try”

“Promise me you’ll try your hardest. I will help you”

“I’ve told you a thousand times that you shouldn’t interfere with this. You couldn’t do anything even if you wanted to”

You gasped as if suddenly a whole had appeared in your chest and left you out of air. Leo looked at you anxious but you were so focused re-reading the message over and over again that his gaze was unnoticed. He reached his hand to his pocket were his phone lay but had to suppress the urge of texting you under his nickname.

“Are you okay?” he breathed, half wanting you to hear him and half hoping you hadn’t.

You looked up to meet his face.

“yeah, why?” you flashed the best smile you could but it didn’t fool him.

“you are pale”

“I think I got car sick …or whatever”

“Want to trade seats with me?”

It was weird and unusual having the most feared guy of school worrying about your face’s color but somehow, it prevented you from falling into depression right in the spot.

“Thanks but I think we almost arrive” you pointed out to the buildings getting closer and bigger.

It seemed like the countryside were a thousand miles away from the concrete floor and huge sky crappers you were looking with your mouth opened.

The bus stopped at a 10 floor building, it had a classic look but once you entered it was all new, modern and hi-tech inside. Your eyes wandered the lobby looking for a clue about “him” but there were more guys than you thought on the other bus.

Leo, who was already carrying his luggage, took his phone out of his pocket and turned it on and typed down as soon as the object allowed him to.

User9011: how was your trip?

Your phone buzzed in your purse; you wished it was Kris but for your own surprise it was the guy you were looking for.

You: well, better than expected, yours?

User9011: it was interesting. Anyway, I think this place is too nice to be free; I have the feeling they are going to make us pay with homework or community service.

You: ugh -_-. Don’t even say it.

User9011: be prepared.

You giggled.

A new message popped on Leo’s phone exactly at the time he was trying to come up with a new comment.

Hack-yeon: whats up! :D

User9011: what?

Hack-yeon: have you talked to her yet?

User9011: I was next to her the entire time.

Hackyeon: OMG!!!!!!!!!! >.< I NEED DETAILS NOW!

Did she find out?

Did you tell her?

User9011: calm down, no I didn’t talk to her and I turned off my phone so that she wouldn’t find out.

Hackyeon: aish really? e.e

Leo could perfectly picture Hakyeon’s expression in that moment; rolling his eyes and huffing.

Hackyeon: If you don’t make a move during the time you are there then you are not my friend anymore >.<

User9011: fine by me.

Hack-yeon: IM SERIOUS! GO TALK TO HER NOW. ROGER!

And with that, Leo moved to his assigned room. Deep, deep inside he would have wanted Hakyeon to be there instead of having to share a room with some random guy but to his surprise when he opened the door it was a single room. Thank goodness the teachers feared him to be an aggressive student.

He left the backpack on the bed and went straight to take a shower. He heard his phone ringing a few times but the hot water was nice enough to ignore the message for a short while.

Moments later, when he was already changed, he checked the notifications.

Hack yeon: I have a plan.

Want to hear it?

Or not?

Hey! are you even there?

Well, I’ll tell you anyways >:)

You didn’t oppose your roommate wanting to use the bed next to the window because you didn’t care. She was the type of person you couldn’t stand the most: arrogant, selfish and full of herself. As much as you tried to ignore the thick air filling the room, it was impossible when she kept glaring at you and ignoring when you spoke to her.

Without thinking any longer about it, you took your phone and got out of the suffocating room to the hall that led to the swimming pool section. Since it was early winter, it was empty; better for you who sat on one of the chairs next to the pool under a folded umbrella.

You: are you okay? Where are you? I’m worried about you now. Please answer me as soon as you read this.

Kris: I’m chillin’ at home. How is the hotel?

You: don’t change the subject.

Kris: I don’t want to spend the time thinking about pointless things. Everything has calmed down.

Your friend omitted a few details as the built and tall man outside his door to stop him from running away, and that he irrupted drunk to the dinner the other night and thanks to that he had been followed from afar every day; even when he said good bye to you at school.

That night, he had been drinking a lot more over his limit and when he slammed the door open to the dinner hall, with eyes bloodshot red. Charlotte looked at him with the widest eyes he had seen in someone. At the same time his father’s face lost all its color. Charlotte’s dad, who remained cool, scoffed something about him being a hard to tame horse but he was too drunk to remember.

“But every beast has a weekend” the bearded man said before sliding a few pictures of you and your brother on the table.

“Dad, that’s too low” Charlotte breathed scanning the photos, taking in your appearance. You were pretty average compared to her glamorous beauty but that wasn’t the matter. The fact that Kris loved you was.

“It’s for your future” he growled at her daughter, eyes focused on Kris “Do you understand? She can get expelled, same as her brother. Both are brilliant but brains can’t outweight money and power; I’m sure you know that”

Kris eyes narrowed, fist clenched on his sides. After a long second his shoulders distension, same as his jaw, letting out a sorrowful and defeated sigh.

“I’ll go with it”

 

Back to the present, a butler placed Kris’ luggage in his car before the young man thanked him and got in it to drive quite slowly compared to his usual speed.

“See you, James” your friend waved his hand to the man, who bowed politely.

“Have a safe trip”

“Did you hear?” a maid whispered to the butler “the young master is announcing his marriage tomorrow”

James huffed and scratched the back of his neck.

“I know, that’s what I am worried”

“Because he is like a son to you”

 

The teachers gathered all the students in the hall and after giving a few instructions and remainders everyone was dismissed to do what they pleased.

You didn’t notice the growing anxiety in you until your phone buzzed and your body flinched at the same time you swiftly took it out of your jeans’ pocket.

User9011: Are you going out?

Disappointment washed over you when you saw it wasn’t Kris but the sudden question made you forget about it in a second.

You: I don’t know. I didn’t bring enough money.

User9011: go to the coffee shop next to the hotel; tell them your user name.

“what?” you gasped.

You: are you gonna be there?

User9011: just go.

Your alarms went off and common sense told you to reject the offer but tension mixed with anxiety didn’t worked too well alongside logic and adrenaline.

You: okay, I’ll go.

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

GET READY FOR SOME FEELS!

Next chapter is going to be awesome

THANK YOU again for commenting and upvoting! You are the best!